Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
October 18, 2010 @ 05:44 AM
Jon He Does It

Anybody know how they can still claim they're made out of leather when they feel like payless plastic shoes? My Retro 12's from 03 feel completly different from the retro 12's they released this year. What's the deal? I read somwhere jordan quit using real leather in 03 but haven't seen any further information.
Are they 99 percent plastic 1 percent leather?
Anybody know anything?
October 18, 2010 @ 09:51 AM
k0p0n0

synthetic leather or composite. Yeah they wrinkle easily sad
October 18, 2010 @ 09:51 AM
k0p0n0

part of Nike Considered I guess; they're skimping down on the animale pelage and skins
October 18, 2010 @ 08:03 PM
Jon He Does It

It's not a part of Considered man, they quit a long time ago, they must just be being evil and cheap.

No one else wants to chime in? You guys must all be 15 and not remember when they were more acceptable qaulity.
October 18, 2010 @ 08:38 PM
k0p0n0

LOL yeah you look at your answer -- 'being evil and cheap'
and assess mine-- Considered is an across-the-board effort by Nike. Not really farfetched.

'Being evil and cheap' makes sense not? LOL'
October 18, 2010 @ 09:23 PM
EARTHSHAKER

LOL yeah you look at your answer -- 'being evil and cheap'
and assess mine-- Considered is an across-the-board effort by Nike. Not really farfetched.

'Being evil and cheap' makes sense not? LOL'

October 18, 2010 @ 10:05 PM
L. Ruano

It all comes down to what the company can get away with. Most retros will sell on the nostalgic factor alone, making them easy sells without an emphasis on quality. Some of the newer, or signature stuff, has to come correct. I got the China Lebron VIII in the mail today. Superb quality. Nice attention to detail and surely worth the price tag, although its hard to justify shoes for $160+ these days.

Everyone is going to buy something like the Flint XIII or Cool Grey XI, so why worry as much about them being the same as the originals, or previous retro in the case of the XIII. It all comes down to the consumer.
October 21, 2010 @ 02:40 AM
druggiefresh

^sad but true

the only way to get the message REALLY across would be to boycott the lesser quality shoes.. but in the case of jordan retros etc i dont think a move like that would ever happen. hell, i'd even cop certain jordan retros just because of how dope they look, forgetting about how good the quality could/SHOULD be
October 22, 2010 @ 12:54 PM
God

it all comes down to what the company can get away with. Most retros will sell on the nostalgic factor alone, making them easy sells without an emphasis on quality. Some of the newer, or signature stuff, has to come correct. I got the china lebron viii in the mail today. Superb quality. Nice attention to detail and surely worth the price tag, although its hard to justify shoes for $160+ these days.

Everyone is going to buy something like the flint xiii or cool grey xi, so why worry as much about them being the same as the originals, or previous retro in the case of the xiii. It all comes down to the consumer.

retweet!
October 22, 2010 @ 11:17 PM
setaku85

It all comes down to what the company can get away with. Most retros will sell on the nostalgic factor alone, making them easy sells without an emphasis on quality. Some of the newer, or signature stuff, has to come correct. I got the China Lebron VIII in the mail today. Superb quality. Nice attention to detail and surely worth the price tag, although its hard to justify shoes for $160+ these days.

Everyone is going to buy something like the Flint XIII or Cool Grey XI, so why worry as much about them being the same as the originals, or previous retro in the case of the XIII. It all comes down to the consumer.

bump
October 24, 2010 @ 02:42 PM
liquidblaze

idk about that!
November 5, 2010 @ 05:00 PM
so icyy

yup they stop using real leather from 04 i heard
the new js crease soo easy it aint even funny dude
November 6, 2010 @ 01:17 PM
Jon He Does It

Well then how can they still claim they're made out ofr leather? Why are we letting them get away with this.
November 7, 2010 @ 09:37 PM
axlknn

stick with suede bro

Please login first to reply.