FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
August 17, 2006 @ 05:26 PM
debs 168

things only get hyped if ppl like them. think about that for a sec. the limited factor only plays a role in the price of the item. the hype would be there even if they weren't limited. think about the tiffany release. now picture if the black pack was limited to 300 and only released in guatemala.

what if paris' were a worldwide release and as easy to get as a pair of hunters? ppl would STILL fiend over them because they think they look hot.

hype does not create itself. its fine if you don't like a shoe, but even you should be able to see what i'm saying. if anything hype would scare away a lot of ppl into buying a shoe because of the price. bape is hyped, right? especially when it first hit stateside. how many ppl have you actually seen in real life with a shark hoodie or some legit bapes and how many ppl online were just talking about it? how many ppl talk about the city series and how many ppl actually own a pair or more out of that pack?

my point is things are hyped because ppl like them, but just because something is hyped doesn't mean that a lot of ppl actually go out and buy them. more hype = a greater price to pay (more than likely). a general release can be lliked a lot, and as a result, hyped and go for more than retail.
August 17, 2006 @ 05:34 PM
Quickstriker

things only get hyped if ppl like them. think about that for a sec. the limited factor only plays a role in the price of the item. the hype would be there even if they weren't limited. think about the tiffany release. now picture if the black pack was limited to 300 and only released in guatemala.

what if paris' were a worldwide release and as easy to get as a pair of hunters? ppl would STILL fiend over them because they think they look hot.

hype does not create itself. its fine if you don't like a shoe, but even you should be able to see what i'm saying. if anything hype would scare away a lot of ppl into buying a shoe because of the price. bape is hyped, right? especially when it first hit stateside. how many ppl have you actually seen in real life with a shark hoodie or some legit bapes and how many ppl online were just talking about it? how many ppl talk about the city series and how many ppl actually own a pair or more out of that pack?

my point is things are hyped because ppl like them, but just because something is hyped doesn't mean that a lot of ppl actually go out and buy them. more hype = a greater price to pay (more than likely). a general release can be lliked a lot, and as a result, hyped and go for more than retail.

Hype is the only reason people who can't even afford Bape and other shoes like it want them. Come on Bape is ugly but that don't stop people from wanting them. And hype is the only reason sneakers get bootlegged. You can sell almost anything if Hype surrounds a certain product. Take Vans. Vans is soooo hyped right now when before most people who bought vans either just like them, skate, or wore them when they were teenagers and Vans are smoking right now. You can thank the Pak for that.
August 17, 2006 @ 05:46 PM
debs 168

Hype is the only reason people who can't even afford Bape and other shoes like it want them.
see, you're assuming things that you don't know. hype is the reason that a lot of ppl want bape, but that doesn't mean that everyone wants bape because of hype. the reason a lot of ppl even starting liking bape is because it looks good to them. its different. me personally, i'd never even heard of a full zip hoodie, a hoodie with a print on the hood or extra fabric on the hood, bright, patent leather sneakers, etc. before 2003ish. when i saw it, i instantly fell in love.

again, hype does not create itself. hype the result of a lot of ppl liking the same thing. when a lot of ppl like the same thing, THAT is when hype is created and THAT is when the prices increase. any reason you're paying 1000+ for an OG camo shark hoodie? it retailed for about 250, iirc. hype. why is it hyped? because that shit is different, its attractive to a lot of ppl, etc.

are there some ppl out there that only want it because its now become a status symbol? yes. but there are other ppl out there that don't care about any of that and just want stuff like that because they like it. i'm one of them. i didn't care if sbtg's were 99 dollars or 599 i was still copping because i liked them. i didn't care if nobody else felt them, i was still going to cop.

put it this way, a lot of ppl copped send helps. those are pretty ugly to me, but a lot of ppl started to like them and it got small hype because of that. ppl copped. ppl didn't cop off of hype, they copped because they liked the shoe. the ppl that liked the shoe and talked about it constantly on message boards created the hype. the hype wasn't just there.

Come on Bape is ugly but that don't stop people from wanting them. And hype is the only reason sneakers get bootlegged. You can sell almost anything if Hype surrounds a certain product. Take Vans. Vans is soooo hyped right now when before most people who bought vans either just like them, skate, or wore them when they were teenagers and Vans are smoking right now. You can thank the Pak for that.
well, like any brand, you have to choose what you like and what you dont like. not everything is going to be pleasing to you.

the last part of your post is true, but who creates the hype? ppl who like the product. hype doesn't just appear out of thin air. bootleggers aren't going to waste their time on something they don't think will sell.
its like this:

1. shoe is announced, pics are shown.
2. ppl give their opinions on it. lets say, for the sake of this argument, that ppl like the shoe.
3. random threads are created on the shoe with ppl asking about a release date because they want to get the shoe (because they like it)
4. an official thread is made and the thread is 115 pages on ppl talking about the shoe.
5. hype is created.
6. the shoe drops for twice the amount of retail because so many ppl like the shoe and so many ppl have been calling their skateshops, etc. and the shops think they can get away with overcharging because of the interest in the shoe.
7. someone complains about how said shoe is garbage and about stupid hypebeasts.

thats just how things work. if you don't like a shoe, fine, but don't hate on others that do. even the brian andersons had a little hype, and thats only because a little bit of ppl liked them.
August 17, 2006 @ 05:55 PM
Quickstriker

see, you're assuming things that you don't know. hype is the reason that a lot of ppl want bape, but that doesn't mean that everyone wants bape because of hype. the reason a lot of ppl even starting liking bape is because it looks good to them. its different. me personally, i'd never even heard of a full zip hoodie, a hoodie with a print on the hood or extra fabric on the hood, bright, patent leather sneakers, etc. before 2003ish. when i saw it, i instantly fell in love.

again, hype does not create itself. hype the result of a lot of ppl liking the same thing. when a lot of ppl like the same thing, THAT is when hype is created and THAT is when the prices increase. any reason you're paying 1000+ for an OG camo shark hoodie? it retailed for about 250, iirc. hype. why is it hyped? because that shit is different, its attractive to a lot of ppl, etc.

are there some ppl out there that only want it because its now become a status symbol? yes. but there are other ppl out there that don't care about any of that and just want stuff like that because they like it. i'm one of them. i didn't care if sbtg's were 99 dollars or 599 i was still copping because i liked them. i didn't care if nobody else felt them, i was still going to cop.

put it this way, a lot of ppl copped send helps. those are pretty ugly to me, but a lot of ppl started to like them and it got small hype because of that. ppl copped. ppl didn't cop off of hype, they copped because they liked the shoe. the ppl that liked the shoe and talked about it constantly on message boards created the hype. the hype wasn't just there.

well, like any brand, you have to choose what you like and what you dont like. not everything is going to be pleasing to you.

the last part of your post is true, but who creates the hype? ppl who like the product. hype doesn't just appear out of thin air. bootleggers aren't going to waste their time on something they don't think will sell.
its like this:

1. shoe is announced, pics are shown.
2. ppl give their opinions on it. lets say, for the sake of this argument, that ppl like the shoe.
3. random threads are created on the shoe with ppl asking about a release date because they want to get the shoe (because they like it)
4. an official thread is made and the thread is 115 pages on ppl talking about the shoe.
5. hype is created.
6. the shoe drops for twice the amount of retail because so many ppl like the shoe and so many ppl have been calling their skateshops, etc. and the shops think they can get away with overcharging because of the interest in the shoe.
7. someone complains about how said shoe is garbage and about stupid hypebeasts.

thats just how things work. if you don't like a shoe, fine, but don't hate on others that do. even the brian andersons had a little hype, and thats only because a little bit of ppl liked them.

Hype is never just there...It's gotta start somewhere. It's marketing 101. And if you ever worked in sales you'd know that the first rule of selling is to "establish value". The value established behind the SBTG is the Asia Exclusive factor and the fact that a designer was behind the look of shoe. "Asia Exclusive" was the bottom line and the main selling point when these shoes were first introduced and you can't tell me it didn't work...Most shoes that get posted here make a point to say that the shoe is limited, it's part of a certain pack, a certain designer made it, Brazil exclusive haha. It's all marketing to get people to buy. Of course not everyone is going to buy or even like the shoe, but any selling point like "exclusive" will get people to like the shoe more and ultimately buy. Classic marketing my friend.
August 17, 2006 @ 06:03 PM
debs 168

Yes and part of the hype surrounding this SBTG shoe was "Asia Exclusive". That was the bottom line and the main selling point when these shoes were first introduced and you can't tell me it didn't work...
that wasn't the main selling point. the main selling point of the shoe was that SBTG was working on it. it was only asia exclusive because he's from asia and wanted something for asians.

ppl outside of asia, like myself, that really wanted the shoe had to work around that.

Most shoes that get posted here make a point to say that the shoe is limited, it's part of a certain pack, a certain designer made it, Brazil exclusive haha. It's all marketing to get people to buy. Of course not everyone is going to buy or even like the shoe, but any selling point like "exclusive" will get people to like the shoe more and ultimately buy. Classic.

there's a reason for that though. most shoes that come across this site are shoes that you can't get in stores in the mall. the site posts what it posts to be informative, not to create hype or to make it even more hyped. would you know about half the stuff you know about without the internet and sites like this? probably not. not everyone lives in ny, la, hong kong, london or tokyo, either, so they need to know the low down on the shoe.

i think some of what you're saying is true for some ppl, but not for all, and you need to consider that.
August 17, 2006 @ 10:20 PM
B. Mink

shoe baisikali doz schus ahr da bhesd schus dgrhopin sun sun!!!!!!!!!
August 17, 2006 @ 11:21 PM
Quickstriker

that wasn't the main selling point. the main selling point of the shoe was that SBTG was working on it. it was only asia exclusive because he's from asia and wanted something for asians.

ppl outside of asia, like myself, that really wanted the shoe had to work around that.

there's a reason for that though. most shoes that come across this site are shoes that you can't get in stores in the mall. the site posts what it posts to be informative, not to create hype or to make it even more hyped. would you know about half the stuff you know about without the internet and sites like this? probably not. not everyone lives in ny, la, hong kong, london or tokyo, either, so they need to know the low down on the shoe.

i think some of what you're saying is true for some ppl, but not for all, and you need to consider that.

First of all most or all shoes posted on this site or sites like it can be purchased in stores so that's wrong. Yes it's true sites like hypebeast can be informative and usefull tools to sneaker heads but they do serve another purpose. To create a buzz/hype around a certain product. Listen, you think everyone posting on these sites are regular people??...I highly doubt it. I'm sure a lot of people who post here are behind a lot of the products either as a designer or rep of somekind. Again to creat a buzz around a certain product wether it be a general release or an exclusive. All part of marketing. When I worked as a label rep for Elektra and other record companies they would have us do a bunch of bullshit promotions like calling into all our local radio stations twenty times a day to request certain bullshit songs they were pushing so they would ultimately sell millions of copies through a strong radio buzz. Everything you buy is because you found out about it through a friend or online, which was all part of a marketing trickledown. Had to be.... So you like these dunks that's cool, but don't tell me that your only incentive for going thorugh the trouble to track these dunks down and pay I'm sure was probably a good amount of money just cause you "Like them". There's no way. I'm sure what motivated you the most to go through all that trouble was because 1, they are designed by SBTG, and 2, they are tough to get due to their Asia exclusive status making them that much sweeter if you can get your hands on a pair. You knew you would be one of the few to have these right? That would be why I would get them if I couldn't get them in the states and I really really wanted something. I'm sure when people ask you where you got those, or what those Dunks are you get all gitty and say well these are Asia exclusives designed by SBTG haha. Don't lie cause I feel the same way when people ask me on the street where I got mty kicks or comment on them. Not my intention when I put them on but you can't help it. I like a lot of rare and dope shit that I missed out on but I ain't trying to pay rape prices. The shit ain't that serious. But that's just me.
August 17, 2006 @ 11:51 PM
PiN0y

who did design them, lol on captin jack sparrow
August 18, 2006 @ 04:39 AM
doubleS

sbtg is certainly the best sb so far this year
August 18, 2006 @ 07:14 AM
kennmon

the brian andersons look like almost no thought was put into the shoe.

i dont feel like reading all your nonsensical crap posts, but stop being so defensive and whiny.

also, just because something is complex doesnt mean its good.
simplicity is really nice alot of times...
August 18, 2006 @ 07:47 AM
debs 168

First of all most or all shoes posted on this site or sites like it can be purchased in stores so that's wrong.
first off, its not wrong. how many ppl here live or have access to soho? socal? hong kong? london? not everyone lives in a major city and has access to sneaker boutiques. not everyone lives in a place with sneakerheads that talk about them and inform other ppl of the latest things and the stories behind them. thats where sites like hypebeast come in.

Yes it's true sites like hypebeast can be informative and usefull tools to sneaker heads but they do serve another purpose. To create a buzz/hype around a certain product. Listen, you think everyone posting on these sites are regular people??...I highly doubt it. I'm sure a lot of people who post here are behind a lot of the products either as a designer or rep of somekind. Again to creat a buzz around a certain product wether it be a general release or an exclusive. All part of marketing. When I worked as a label rep for Elektra and other record companies they would have us do a bunch of bullshit promotions like calling into all our local radio stations twenty times a day to request certain bullshit songs they were pushing so they would ultimately sell millions of copies through a strong radio buzz.
i think a lot of ppl here are "regular" ppl. EVERYONE started out somewhere, so regardless if you are "regular" or not, we all started in the same place at one time or another. no one was born with sneaker knowledge. you had to find out somewhere.
a lot of the designers you see started out like us.

working for a label, you should have seen first hand that hype isn't created out of thin air. you could rep a song or whatever you had to do all you want, if the shit was wack, ppl wouldn't care. if they like it they will cop it. period.
nike, hypebeast, iss, niketalk, nsb.org, conceptshop, etc. could rep black packs all they want and there could be a 4,000 page thread on them, i'd still pass. the point is that hype is only created and followed through with a purchase through INTEREST in something.

Everything you buy is because you found out about it through a friend or online, which was all part of a marketing trickledown.
this isn't true for me. you might speak for a lot of ppl, but i'm telling you that its not true for everyone. thats the problem with a lot of businesses today. they think they can speak for everyone when they can't. a lot of ppl are sheep, but a lot are not. i cop what i like period. if i don't like it, i don't give a fuck who does, i'm not fucking with it. if i do like it, i don't care who else likes it. i make my own purchases with my own hard earned money, so other ppl's opinions are pretty much irrelevant.

Had to be.... So you like these dunks that's cool, but don't tell me that your only incentive for going thorugh the trouble to track these dunks down and pay I'm sure was probably a good amount of money just cause you "Like them". There's no way.
again, speak for YOURSELF. you dont speak for everyone. stop generalizing. i cop dunks because i like them. NOBODY where i'm at fucks with dunks except me. a lot of ppl from where i'm from (ny) referred to them as white boy skater shoes for awhile before they started to give them a chance. the supreme shit i wear (only a few shirts and hats that i like, not the whole brand) ppl thought was white boy skater shit til i rocked my knowledge reigns fitted, a box tee and supreme black low dunks. i copped what i liked and didn't care because, no, i'm not in middle school. i'm way passed that stage in life where i have to dress to impress other ppl.

it doesn't matter what the price is, if i can afford it and i like it, its copped.

I'm sure what motivated you the most to go through all that trouble was because 1, they are designed by SBTG, and 2, they are tough to get due to their Asia exclusive status making them that much sweeter if you can get your hands on a pair. You knew you would be one of the few to have these right? That would be why I would get them if I couldn't get them in the states and I really really wanted something. I'm sure when people ask you where you got those, or what those Dunks are you get all gitty and say well these are Asia exclusives designed by SBTG haha. Don't lie cause I feel the same way when people ask me on the street where I got mty kicks or comment on them. Not my intention when I put them on but you can't help it. I like a lot of rare and dope shit that I missed out on but I ain't trying to pay rape prices. The shit ain't that serious. But that's just me.

lol @ this. again, you're trying to speak for me and others but you can't. you can't speak for anyone other than yourself.

i didn't give a fuck with sbtg, meth, tinker, gentry, or george bush signed my box; i wanted the sneakers. when's the last time you wore a box?

i copped them because they look hot. they are creative and i can relate to them, as an art major. a lot was put into the concept and execution of the concept. IMHO they are some of the most creative dunk sb's EVER and definitely the release of the year. maybe you can't appreciate the dunk because you're closeminded, but appreciate it for what it is, regardless of numbers or how many ppl talked about them before the release.

and i don't give a fuck if everyone at my job had on a pair today, a hot shoe is a hot shoe period. i'm copping fire red V's when they drop. everyone and their mothers will have a pair. you think i care? thats how ppl miss out on things. caring about trivial bullshit like that.

and fyi, the number of ppl that asked me where i got my sbtg's from or looked at them/broke their neck: 0. think i care? i'm just happy to have them.cool

i dont feel like reading all your nonsensical crap posts, but stop being so defensive and whiny.

also, just because something is complex doesnt mean its good.
simplicity is really nice alot of times...

then don't, you little cunt stain. simplicity is nice but we've had it all year. the sbtg's were a breath of fresh air IMO. how many more blackpacks are we gonna get?
August 18, 2006 @ 11:31 AM
Quickstriker

All this time you have been trying to convince me that it's a hot shoe but to me it's highly overrated and mediocre. I gurantee you ain't wearing them with the pirate flap either. If the design were that hot you'd wear the pirate flap haha...I know you are jocking that shoe just because of the factors behind it you may be trying to convince yourself that you're not but you are. Anyway I'm done. It's the Jack Sparrow Dunk and the design is whatever. Out.
August 18, 2006 @ 12:05 PM
Drebrooklyn

i love mines.......yes i do yes i do....wore it once but took the tongue cover off...didn't like how it sit on the shoes
August 18, 2006 @ 12:07 PM
debs 168

All this time you have been trying to convince me that it's a hot shoe but to me it's highly overrated and mediocre. I gurantee you ain't wearing them with the pirate flap either. If the design were that hot you'd wear the pirate flap haha...I know you are jocking that shoe just because of the factors behind it you may be trying to convince yourself that you're not but you are. Anyway I'm done. It's the Jack Sparrow Dunk and the design is whatever. Out.

actually, i am rocking them with the laceflaps. i'm rocking them right now with red hawaii laces and the laceflaps over the laces.

and i'm NOT trying to convince you to like the shoe. i'm trying to convince you that SOME ppl like it because they think its hot and not everyone buys shoes (or any other item) only because somebody else talked about it (aka hype).

i'm trying to convince you to STOP forcing your beliefs on somebody else. just because you don't like the shoe doesn't mean somebody else has to feel the same way. just because you buy shoes for hype alone doesn't mean that other ppl do and just because you would rock SBTGs a certain way doesn't mean that that person will to. i don't have access to a cam right now, but here's a pic i took a few days ago and posted in the wdywt thread:

note that the flap is on.
August 18, 2006 @ 12:25 PM
SOLE

i want a pair so badly just because i thought of a really dope thing to do witht the flap......ahhh ill wait till the price drops tyvm

and quickstriker, give it up. who cares if he likes them and is promoting the good qualities about them? its just an opinion, dont call him a jocker for it.
August 18, 2006 @ 12:28 PM
debs 168

thx. the only problem i have with the flap is that i wish it was a bit smaller, but other than that, its hot. its different, you know? its not something you see on a sneaker often, and i love SBTG and royalefam's logos.

what does tyvm mean?
August 18, 2006 @ 12:48 PM
Quickstriker

actually, i am rocking them with the laceflaps. i'm rocking them right now with red hawaii laces and the laceflaps over the laces.

and i'm NOT trying to convince you to like the shoe. i'm trying to convince you that SOME ppl like it because they think its hot and not everyone buys shoes (or any other item) only because somebody else talked about it (aka hype).

i'm trying to convince you to STOP forcing your beliefs on somebody else. just because you don't like the shoe doesn't mean somebody else has to feel the same way. just because you buy shoes for hype alone doesn't mean that other ppl do and just because you would rock SBTGs a certain way doesn't mean that that person will to. i don't have access to a cam right now, but here's a pic i took a few days ago and posted in the wdywt thread:

note that the flap is on.

Now you're generalizing. I never buy anyhthing off of hype If I did I'd have those Jack Sparrow SBTG dunks
August 18, 2006 @ 12:59 PM
SOLE

oh, i just got lazy and didnt feel like typing in thankyouverymuch

and my idea is, try putting the flap on before you lace them, have it stick to the tongue itself and go underneath the lacehole-holder thingys, and lace over the flap...get what im saying?
August 18, 2006 @ 01:47 PM
debs 168

Now you're generalizing. I never buy anyhthing off of hype If I did I'd have those Jack Sparrow SBTG dunks

well stop forcing your beliefs on somebody else. you start speaking for yourself and yourself only and let ppl do what they want regardless of reason, but realize that ppl have different motives for what they do that my or may not be similar to your own.

and my idea is, try putting the flap on before you lace them, have it stick to the tongue itself and go underneath the lacehole-holder thingys, and lace over the flap...get what im saying?

already been done in the official pic of the sbtg dunk sb. i tried that before i settled on rocking them with the flaps over the laces. you can't see the pirate logos if you rock the flaps under the laces...so theres not point in rocking them at all if you do that IMHO.
August 19, 2006 @ 06:00 PM
Goldengloves

debs 168, I happen to agree with everything you said. But arguing with some on here is tiring and unforgiving. Opinions are like assholes, ya know?

Coming from a marketing background and working within the clothing industry for years I have learned a little something. Nike knows that not everyone is going to like this shoe or any shoe they make for that matter, but this is why they are the kings of exclusivity. As Nike has expanded into the exclusive shoe market, they have expanded thier "hype" over the years. Now, Nike can release a shoe with a dick on the side and some will cop it. But, in regards to what debs has said in multiple posts, there are always those consumers who will only buy if they like it. Now, this is why people pay to get certain sneakers. Most people don't mind spending the money if they really like something, but you will think twice about spending close to $400 on sneakers just to say you have it. Nike knows there is going to be a demand for this shoe, simply because it is rare, Asia exclusive, etc. etc. But the only people initially buying them are Asia locals, this is where Nike makes thier money, so they don't care what happends next.
The 'hype" comes from people actually seeing the shoe and saying whether they like it or not. Obviously SBTG has a following in Asia and across the globe, so these shoes are automatically going to get press. This is where the "hype" starts. "Hype" is then created over blogs, message boards, and websites like this one, where people can see the shoe and then voice thier opinion on said shoe. The same type of marketing works here as it does in Asia. Some are going to like it and others are not. Not everyone in Asia bought the show because it was Asia exclusive...they bought it for reasons that we can only guess upon. The same thing happens in the US. "Hype," I think, is a word way too over used today. These items are limited to the public, so of course you are going to get consumers that just didn't get them in time, or weren't at the right place at the right time, etc. etc.

Here is an example;
I for one am planning on driving up to SF when the HUFQuake Dunks and Af1s drop. Where did I hear about this shoe? Well, hypebeast for one, BennyGold, and other various news and media sites. Are these "hyped?" Eeehhh, maybe. I like to think they are just "limited" and there for harder to get and thus making it so people in NY, LA, Guam, Asia, etc. are going to have a hard time getting them. Is this "hype" yet? I am going to cop because I like the kicks, this is what initially caught my eye. There was and still is no mention of how many of these are being made, if they will be distributed across the US, etc. So who will be in the majority of the line ot get the shoes? Most likely, people from SF. Why? Well, because they know about it, they are close, and they like the shoe.

I for one think that the SBTG dunks are maybe the flyest shoes to come out for years. The color way is muted yet the graphics really stand out and I love the contrast of the red with the green, black, and gold. I am an artist as well and find some of the detail in this shoe to be amazing and very fresh. No other dunk has this much attention to detail and that is just a fact, not an opinion. Most other dunks are just colorways, rare, different materials. Most do not incorporate art work into the shoe. Personally I think this is where shoes are going to be going in the next few years. Art is getting to be more of a "hip" thing in today's youth, so I think you will start to see shoes with tons of details with some of today's hottest modern artists.

Now, none of this, by any means is saying that one shoe is better than another because that would be a false statement. Shoes, just like clothing, your car, are an extension of yourself, so not everyone is going to enjoy the same thing. Everyone has a different opnion about what is hot right now, but that isn't to say that anyone is wrong. Who cares if someone bought a certain pair of shoes just for "hype?" If they don't like them, then they will eventually sell them to someone who can appreciate the shoe more than they did. Why do you think so many people sell shoes around here? It's to fund thier next pick up, or they are just done with them and tired of the look, or were never into them that much in the first place.
I am looking for some SBTGs right now, but really not wanting to pay $350. So I will wait and see if the prices drop, but if they don't, then I guess I will pay that amount. My last purchase was for some Alohas, and I told myself I was going to get them no matter what because of my love for Hawaii and the look of the shoe. So needless to say I have to wait for the piggy bank to get full again...

This concludes our broadcast A....
August 19, 2006 @ 06:12 PM
SOLE

im in no way shape or form going to read that.
August 19, 2006 @ 06:24 PM
Goldengloves

im in no way shape or form going to read that.

Haha, yea, it was kinda long... suprised suprised
August 19, 2006 @ 09:36 PM
Quickstriker

Forums are for discussions are they not? No matter if you disagree with someone's opinion or not, that's the beauty of discussion and I respect the different opinions expressed here. I try not to take pot shots at someone's opinion. But I think Deb got just a little too offended by my expressed opnion toward his beloved SBTG dunks by his initial statement below. I mean who is trying to push their opinions on who?? I merely stated before that I don't like the SBTG Dunks. That I think they are overrated and I liked the Brian Andersons over these. Is that a crime haha. Am I not entitled to my opinon? Why get so offended anyway? I mean seriously to the point where you have single me out and now degrade the thought and creativity put into the Brain Andersons...I mean shit, now I guess Brian Anderson is a retard for putting those colors together since they are so simple haha, Oh and the DQM hat is entirley better than the Brian Anderson dunks?? haha...Anyway, DEB you win, I now love the SBTG dunks. I'm saving up right now to get a pair. Thanks!

"ok. the shoe is hot period. agree to disagree but if you remotely think that:

supreme lows are hot
jordan 3's are hot
paris dunks are hot
hunters are hot

and you do NOT think that the sbtg's are hot, commit that.

secondly, bright colors DO make a shoe stand out more and make more ppl attracted to them. the ONLY reason a person could be feeling the brian andersons over sbtg's is because of something like the brightness of the orange. the brian andersons look like almost no thought was put into the shoe. army print and orange. wow. lets not even compare those to the SBTGs.

how anyone could basically ish on the sbtgs then talk about the brian andersons being nice is beyond me, but to each his own. the brian andersons have wack ass army print. wow. if the army print was the same as on the dqm hat, then we'd have something to talk about.

sbtg is easily top 10 (or less) as far as SB's go. put these in the same category as:

paris
unkles
hunters
supreme low
lucky's
denims
de la soul hi
tiffs
zoo york
sbtg

in no order. and to make your sbtg's stand out more, put hawaii laces in them (the red ones). they break necks easily because of the way they look and the lace flap. so much for boring looking dunks, huh?

last, i'll leave you with this:

if thats not hot to you then i guess you're one of those ppl that are satisfied with wiegers, black packs, veggies, carhartts, etc."
August 19, 2006 @ 09:59 PM
Goldengloves

I think the Brian Andersons are hot....

Sometimes I wish nike would put more embroidered logos on thier kicks to show the style/model a bit more.
August 21, 2006 @ 09:15 PM
Cake4me

Copped both Sbtgs and Brian Andersons....Love them both!!!! There are so many shoes I can say are hot but thats just me...Pusheads however are a pair that are questionable...Box is sick but shoes...Ummmmmmmmmmmmm
August 21, 2006 @ 10:35 PM
Goldengloves

Copped both Sbtgs and Brian Andersons....Love them both!!!! There are so many shoes I can say are hot but thats just me...Pusheads however are a pair that are questionable...Box is sick but shoes...Ummmmmmmmmmmmm

Yea the pusheads remind of the big thing from The movie "Akira". Like this blob thing...
August 27, 2006 @ 09:39 PM
Quickstriker

I just saw a pair today on consignment a local shop. Don't know how much they were asking though. Looked like maybe a size 8 or 8.5. I still wasn't impressed after finally seeing these in person.
August 27, 2006 @ 10:10 PM
The Main Event

I really like the SBTG they are beautiful but I just don't have that kind of money its crazy
August 29, 2006 @ 02:46 AM
badhectic

Got my SBTGs free.
beat that. razz razz razz

Thanks Nike.
August 29, 2006 @ 02:55 AM
badhectic

Please login first to reply.