August 13, 2006 @ 05:37 PM
VIBE

how much are the sabotage dunks in hong kong? and do they still have a lot left?
August 13, 2006 @ 05:49 PM
brokeasphuk

ugh it hurts me to see this thread, but 799 hk dollar is the price that nike gave to the stores that had 'em...they were all gone on the day that they dropped, which was the same day i left hk...so fuck 'em all

bye
August 13, 2006 @ 06:52 PM
VIBE

yeah i was there too but i left like a week before they dropped. damn i have family there but i guess im too late
August 13, 2006 @ 07:06 PM
Quickstriker

These Dunks are boring anyway. Let them have em.
August 13, 2006 @ 10:41 PM
SayWord

These ugly ass shoes. Who designed them, Captin JAck sparrow?
August 13, 2006 @ 11:36 PM
matth

i think its an ill shoe but the price is crazy
August 14, 2006 @ 12:51 AM
SayWord

actually it was Designed by Mark Ong, famous Customizer from Singapore...

I know who it was designed by, I just rather not wear kix black beard might sport.
August 14, 2006 @ 01:37 AM
Quickstriker

I think these SBTG Dunks are mediocre at best. The color way and the design is just boring to me. They look ok. Let's get real here, I think the only reason people are swinging on the SBTG DUNK nut sack is cause they can't get these in the states, that's all it is. More hype over an ok looking Asia exclusive shoe. |0
August 14, 2006 @ 10:40 AM
Quickstriker

^^Still not feeling these. I don't know, there's just something about them that feels dull. I like the red lining though.^^
August 14, 2006 @ 12:37 PM
MrUaInTgOtEm

I wish people will stop hyping these. Im sorry they are wack. sad
August 14, 2006 @ 12:50 PM
Drebrooklyn

why are they wack...cause u aint got them..be real dude...the kicks are hot so stop frontin'
August 14, 2006 @ 01:05 PM
Quickstriker

why are they wack...cause u aint got them..be real dude...the kicks are hot so stop frontin'

What makes these hot besides them being Asia exclusives??? They look aiiiight but not hot.
August 14, 2006 @ 01:18 PM
Drebrooklyn

they're hot because of the details in the shoe just look and you'll see
August 14, 2006 @ 01:37 PM
Quickstriker

they're hot because of the details in the shoe just look and you'll see

Ok...I've seen those details, Embroidery on the toe, decent. The print on the toe like some Jordan three shit. That's aiight. And some pirate looking shit on the side and on the tongue. Ok, that's even whatever. Main colors I see are Black/Army, Brown/ some gold and red. Kind of boring man. But if you like em cool, but I don't see how these are "hot". I'll take the Brian Anderson's over these.
August 14, 2006 @ 01:43 PM
Drebrooklyn

well i got both but i mean the BA joints are even more simple it's just that the orange nike swoosh and the orange laces really bring those ones out
August 14, 2006 @ 01:46 PM
Quickstriker

well i got both but i mean the BA joints are even more simple it's just that the orange nike swoosh and the orange laces really bring those ones out

Exactly! That orange makes the shoe that much better. It looks dope. SBTG don't draw you in like that.
August 14, 2006 @ 02:44 PM
Drebrooklyn

i love em' both so that's that
August 14, 2006 @ 04:21 PM
zerogun

It is kind of intriguing to hear that people are hatin on the SBTG's so much. When you take a look at Dunks or the SB's overall, you could say that "they're just a shoe" so what's the hype?

The fact they're Asia exclusives makes all the difference for one thing. If there was a North American exclusive it'd be just as heat as the SBTG's. I don't see how these are dull in a sense simply because of the artwork put into it. Pusheads or Rayguns just for example aren't any more hype than this are they?

I suspect the only real reason why people are saying that the SBTG release is "dull at best" is simply because the colours aren't screaming "LOOK AT MY KICKS, IMMA BREAK YO NECK"...get it?

I don't have the SBTG's personally, but I can understand & respect great craftmanship and it deserves the hype surrounding it. Until the day all the haters that say the shoe is crappy, dull or whatever negative comment they have can produce something so meticulous, keep your opinions on it to yourself, because unless you can create something like this, you will never fully appreciate it for what it is....
August 14, 2006 @ 04:44 PM
Quickstriker

It is kind of intriguing to hear that people are hatin on the SBTG's so much. When you take a look at Dunks or the SB's overall, you could say that "they're just a shoe" so what's the hype?

The fact they're Asia exclusives makes all the difference for one thing. If there was a North American exclusive it'd be just as heat as the SBTG's. I don't see how these are dull in a sense simply because of the artwork put into it. Pusheads or Rayguns just for example aren't any more hype than this are they?

I suspect the only real reason why people are saying that the SBTG release is "dull at best" is simply because the colours are screaming "LOOK AT MY KICKS, IMMA BREAK YO NECK"...get it?

I don't have the SBTG's personally, but I can understand & respect great craftmanship and it deserves the hype surrounding it. Until the day all the haters that say the shoe is crappy, dull or whatever negative comment they have can produce something so meticulous, keep your opinions on it to yourself, because unless you can create something like this, you will never fully appreciate it for what it is....

What the hell?...How do these colors say, "LOOK AT MY KICKS, IMMA BREAK YO NECK"...get it? No that's not it son. The shoe is ok. You said it yourself, "The fact they're Asia exclusives makes all the difference for one thing." This is very true but there is also a hype surrounding these that other exclusives- like the Brazil exclusive's don't have. I think the appeal for these is largely hype than anything else. They're a decent looking shoe, I'm not saying they're wack, just a decent shoe and not enough for me to say damn! And by the way isn't a forum supposed to be about discussion?....Opinions are supposed to be expressed here, get it? And another thing, please stop using the word "hatin" so loosely when we're trying to have a mature discussion about this particular shoe. It gets old.
August 14, 2006 @ 04:58 PM
empath3000

I don't think a shoe has to be brightly colored to be hot. I like the fact that sbtg decided to work in a more muted color palette. Strangely enough, it makes them stand out in the current candy-colored crowd.

The sbtg dunks have interesting materials (I don't even know what the hell the main toebox material is), tons of crazy details like the printing, the embroidery, and the lace flap, and a subdued but well designed color scheme. Asian- exclusive and limited or not, these are my favorite dunk this year, by far.

I've been wearing them on the street in NYC, and I've never gotten more comments about a pair of shoes in my life.
August 14, 2006 @ 05:12 PM
Quickstriker

^^Are the comments and attention why they're your favorites?^^ Hey I'm just saying haha...But seriously they're a decent looking shoe. the different materials are cool too but as an over all shoe that I look at and or want to rock it doesn't do much for me but most people say they're dope. I really don't like the flap on those either haha...but I wonder if all the hype makes these more appealing. For example Cuban cigars are supposed to be highly regardd as the best cigars to smoke but I know a few people who are fanatical about smoking cigars and tell me that actual Cubans are not that great to smoke haha but everyone wants Cuban cigars. Why?...availablity. It's definitely a huge factor behind hyping a product. It's not rocket science. Anyway I'm done. Decent shoe to say the least so enjoy them if you like em. I'm out.
August 14, 2006 @ 06:01 PM
empath3000

Ummm.. I just like the shoe. If my opinion is different from yours, it has to be because of hype? Don't flatter yourself.

The only reason I pointed out that I got so many comments on them was to illustrate the fact that apparently a lot of people like the way they look.
August 14, 2006 @ 09:23 PM
MrUaInTgOtEm

Oh im assuming you must have a pair. Yeepppiii if you do but IMO they are wack. The details are ok but the colors just dont appeal to my eye. Im sorry but they are not worth 300+sad
August 15, 2006 @ 12:40 AM
zerogun

What the hell?...How do these colors say, "LOOK AT MY KICKS, IMMA BREAK YO NECK"...get it? No that's not it son. The shoe is ok. You said it yourself, "The fact they're Asia exclusives makes all the difference for one thing." This is very true but there is also a hype surrounding these that other exclusives- like the Brazil exclusive's don't have. I think the appeal for these is largely hype than anything else. They're a decent looking shoe, I'm not saying they're wack, just a decent shoe and not enough for me to say damn! And by the way isn't a forum supposed to be about discussion?....Opinions are supposed to be expressed here, get it? And another thing, please stop using the word "hatin" so loosely when we're trying to have a mature discussion about this particular shoe. It gets old.

my bad typo :p
August 15, 2006 @ 09:01 AM
SayWord

I suspect the only real reason why people are saying that the SBTG release is "dull at best" is simply because the colours aren't screaming "LOOK AT MY KICKS, IMMA BREAK YO NECK"...get it?

Thats the point. Why be a sneakerhead if you can't break necks?
August 15, 2006 @ 09:55 AM
invoke.

i'll just say - the concept is good, but the quality sucks bad.
August 17, 2006 @ 04:58 PM
debs 168

ok. the shoe is hot period. agree to disagree but if you remotely think that:

supreme lows are hot
jordan 3's are hot
paris dunks are hot
hunters are hot

and you do NOT think that the sbtg's are hot, commit that.

secondly, bright colors DO make a shoe stand out more and make more ppl attracted to them. the ONLY reason a person could be feeling the brian andersons over sbtg's is because of something like the brightness of the orange. the brian andersons look like almost no thought was put into the shoe. army print and orange. wow. lets not even compare those to the SBTGs.

how anyone could basically ish on the sbtgs then talk about the brian andersons being nice is beyond me, but to each his own. the brian andersons have wack ass army print. wow. if the army print was the same as on the dqm hat, then we'd have something to talk about.

sbtg is easily top 10 (or less) as far as SB's go. put these in the same category as:

paris
unkles
hunters
supreme low
lucky's
denims
de la soul hi
tiffs
zoo york
sbtg

in no order. and to make your sbtg's stand out more, put hawaii laces in them (the red ones). they break necks easily because of the way they look and the lace flap. so much for boring looking dunks, huh?

last, i'll leave you with this:

if thats not hot to you then i guess you're one of those ppl that are satisfied with wiegers, black packs, veggies, carhartts, etc.
August 17, 2006 @ 05:07 PM
Quickstriker

ok. the shoe is hot period. agree to disagree but if you remotely think that:

supreme lows are hot
jordan 3's are hot
paris dunks are hot
hunters are hot

and you do NOT think that the sbtg's are hot, commit that.

secondly, bright colors DO make a shoe stand out more and make more ppl attracted to them. the ONLY reason a person could be feeling the brian andersons over sbtg's is because of something like the brightness of the orange. the brian andersons look like almost no thought was put into the shoe. army print and orange. wow. lets not even compare those to the SBTGs.

how anyone could basically ish on the sbtgs then talk about the brian andersons being nice is beyond me, but to each his own. the brian andersons have wack ass army print. wow. if the army print was the same as on the dqm hat, then we'd have something to talk about.

sbtg is easily top 10 (or less) as far as SB's go. put these in the same category as:

paris
unkles
hunters
supreme low
lucky's
denims
de la soul hi
tiffs
zoo york
sbtg

in no order.

^^Those SBS you mentioned are way better than the SBTGs, except for the denims. Denim dunks are wack. The whole point of the thread anyway was to question the hype surrounding these dunks. The fact that everyone wants them seems to be a result if their exclusive status. Which is understandable but I don't think they look that dope. Especially to be paying the high prices. They look ok. I'd rather pay high prices for the Clot AM1s.^^
August 17, 2006 @ 05:15 PM
debs 168

^^Those SBS you mentioned are way better than the SBTGs, except for the denims. Denim dunks are wack. The whole point of the thread anyway was to question the hype surrounding these dunks. The fact that everyone wants them seems to be a result if their exclusive status. Which is understandable but I don't think they look that dope. Especially to be paying the high prices. They look ok. I'd rather pay high prices for the Clot AM1s.^^

i think a lot of ppl assume that ppl only like these for hype. these are hot sneakers to some ppl, myself included. just because we like them doesn't mean that we're hypebeasts, it doesn't mean that we only want them because of hype, it doesn't mean that we only want them because they were only released in asia, etc. etc. these could have been a worldwide release and 80,000 of them could have been released, i would have still copped them in a heartbeat. a hot shoe is a hot shoe regardless of how limited it may or may not be, and there will be hype around a shoe that a lot of ppl like, regardless of how limited it is or not. tiffany's anyone?

the reason the prices are high is because of how limited they were and because it was an asia only exclusive. would you complain about the price of homers? a PLAIN dunk colorway that is only expensive because of how rare they are and because of where they were released (australia exclusive). what about medicom 3's? do you honestly think that they would be as much as they are if they weren't asia only and so hard to get normally?

the sb's i mentioned are in the same category of sbtg's as far as concept and execution goes. you don't think highly of the SBTG's anyway, so your opinion shouldn't be taken too highly when it comes to ranking SBTG's with the other sb's i mentioned, but certainly brian andersons wouldn't be placed anywhere on that list.
August 17, 2006 @ 05:20 PM
Quickstriker

^^ If they were a general release SB I still wouldn't buy them. They're just an ok looking shoe to me. I still believe that hype plays a huge factor in anyone's decision purchase even if you want to admit it or not. There's no way.

Please login first to reply.