Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
June 26, 2009 @ 12:49 AM
PollBix

I recently stumbled upon a batch of 1986 New Balance sneakers, all new in their original boxes. They are various sizes & colors of standard-looking Chuck knock-offs, but w/ the NB logo in place of the CT star logo & two (blue/gray) horiz stripes instead of one. The little square on the back of the sole says "PRIDE" instead of "All Star." The party that has these doesn't seem to be aware that there might be demand for them elsewhere & is willing to let them go 4 cheap, esp. as a package deal (20-30 pairs in total) & I've decided to buy them.

I'm all about rocking the vintage gear, but don't have any experience on the selling/distribution end, so if anyone out there could give me any info on the following, I'd appreciate it. I know the Ebay routine & have a few boutique connex, but I'd like to have a grasp on this stuff before I proceed with such:

01. Were these shoes known by a name/number? NB "PRIDE" google searching hasn't gotten me very far.

02. First, I'd like to figure out if there is any demand for these from a collectibility standpoint. Is there anything like a "bluebook" list for vintage sneaks or web resource I might consult?

03. Has anyone seen these on the resale/old-stock market & if so, do you have any idea what prices they could potentially attract?

Thanx for reading/posting. Hit me up w/ a message if u don't want to post.
June 26, 2009 @ 01:59 AM
PollBix

UPDATE: After a lengthy GIS session, I finally found a pic. The pair in photo are 87's. Mine are from 86 & like I wrote earlier, have two horiz stripes on the sole. Otherwise, they're pretty much your standard Chuck knock-offs, but w/ the NB brand stamp. The scarcity of info I've been able to dig up has me thinking they might be a pretty rare find.

image can be found at: http: //sneakers.pair.com /l /nb-1987.jpg (copy into yr browser & delete spaces)
June 29, 2009 @ 02:12 AM
BlakeWhite

so are you going to sell them individually??
July 10, 2009 @ 11:15 PM
hypesports

i think so
July 18, 2009 @ 04:25 AM
SkullWithHair

gotta get it old!

www.TheVNM.com

July 23, 2009 @ 02:08 AM
Cwrek1

Yeah let me know if you plan to sell them individually

Please login first to reply.