February 3, 2009 @ 03:00 PM
.rump

killa got a lil chubby, and you cant be angry taht he wasnt the same since purple haze, that album was amazing, its too difficult to produce that again lol
and drake is a beast bro better than half of the *****s in the game, he jus gets no cred
February 3, 2009 @ 03:03 PM

Inactive

Sure I can. What's wrong with holding people up to their greatest potential?

I dunno man...its weird cause I'm a huge fan of certain artists but I always call a spade a spade. Meaning, if one of my favorite artists comes out with something not up to par I'll just say the shit aint poppin.

But DIp and Cam fans seem to love whatever he drops no matter how terrible it is. Not saying everyone who likes him is doing that. But some of the comments in this very thread even say they do lol.

The thing about Cam is his good shit is amazing and his wack shit is horrible. This one fits in the latter IMO.

ACtually I take that back...

This shit is extra average not terrible. but Not memorable. Not exciting. Beat sounds outdated and video is extra cheap.

I need some of that "Getem Girl" shit/. Les go Killa!
February 3, 2009 @ 03:08 PM
.rump

i understand what your saying, but if your a fan of his style then you wont think his shit is terrible, his style makes his shit jamable either way, its just the fact if u like his mediocore shit or your just a fan of his shit cause his good shit is amazing

i miss the days of get em daddy and the purple haze phenom when heat makers was doing work with him, now i just hope that with his corny song titles and points he spits a couple lines that make me laugh with the old school KILLA WAY!
February 3, 2009 @ 03:24 PM
Evgraf

never really been that crazy of a cam fan, but this sounds good to me....nice simple song to throw on while chillen

http://cavalieressentials.com/

February 3, 2009 @ 03:30 PM
moosehair

i think hes legit purpe haze wuz good.
February 3, 2009 @ 04:16 PM
NZOO

Lol killa was that size back in the day, another s.d.e I hope...

I think he will have some crazy shit on there too, new dipset producer is sick...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kqA5n_VDzc

Don't badmind me.

February 3, 2009 @ 07:00 PM
bmorekicks

I think its a cool song that people can relate too. You can't expect Cam to make the same type of songs everytime out.

He was sick in like 01 and lost like 30 pounds, but now he seem to be back to that "what means the world to you" weight.
February 3, 2009 @ 07:02 PM

Inactive

I just expect good songs. DIdnt get it IMO.
February 3, 2009 @ 07:10 PM
NZOO

I just expect good songs. DIdnt get it IMO.

What about this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeygMg2YQ4U

Don't badmind me.

February 3, 2009 @ 07:20 PM
AlwayS_DreSSeD

I think that's probably cause most people just wanna hear new Cam. No matter what it sounds like. This shit aint popin though. IMO

Nah not really... Everyone said "Glitter" was fail when it dropped... This by the way though is fire

www.NickyDsss.com

February 3, 2009 @ 07:24 PM

Inactive

See...

I liked Glitter. Call me crazy lol

and btw there is not a unanimous praise for this song either Eskay spent all day defending it on twitter today lol
February 3, 2009 @ 07:24 PM
WadeFromPhilly

How can cam make a song called "I hate my job" when his broke ass aint gotta job?
February 3, 2009 @ 07:37 PM
NZOO

He is self employed...

Don't badmind me.

February 3, 2009 @ 07:40 PM
WadeFromPhilly

oh
February 4, 2009 @ 02:31 AM
SantoAngelo

come home with me cam = fire
February 4, 2009 @ 07:07 AM

Inactive

what you're saying might be valid if this were terrible, which it's anything but. i'm not saying it's his greatest song, but it's certainly a GOOD distance removed from the mediocrity you're attempting to paint it as.

it's better than anything jim jones has put out since ballin.

jones' last album, hustler pome, was terrible.

pop champagne, which is just BARELY a song attributed to jones (it's certainly arguable he elbowed ron browz out of the way, making it seem as if it was his song), is not as good as this.

calling this "terrible" tells me that your taste is suspect.

as for my personal opinion of this?

i think it's dope.

beat is refreshing, the lyrics are a throwback to the classic cam of yore, and the concept is one that most of us -- even those of you enamored with the champagne popping fantasies of jim jones -- can relate to.

Yeah ok...and saying that I called this terrible means that you surely did not read my entire post or you chose to pick a part of it and ignore the rest.

We can go back and fourth about how good or bad we think the song is and reasons why but that just opinion. Calling someone opinion "suspect" simply because they dont agree with you or dig a song that you like is useless argumentative tool. That's why they're called opinions because they dont necessarily have to live up to another persons personal standards of what's good and what's bad. It's just a more polite way of saying "you dont like what I like so your taste sucks" ANd, thats fine cause that's what passes as civil discussion and good point making on forums nowadays anyway.

But I definitely stand by my point. The song is boring. The beat is outdated. The lyrics are ok but nothing special. The song is a decent average album cut or mixtape joint. But, as far as a jump off to get me excited about Cam coming back? No way. No how. Not even close And, no amount of commenting about my "suspect" taste or a history lesson of old school Cam would change that.

Also...Im not sure where the lecture about Jim Jones came in either or why it even pertains. Im not fan of Jones. Never have been.

But hey watch...I can do it too...

If you like this song I have to say your taste in music is quite suspect.
February 4, 2009 @ 09:46 AM
MP2050

Im rooting for Cam's comeback....hope he doesnt end up like Ja. As hard as Jimmy and Juelz are trying with their own Dipset spinoffs-- I dont think either one will do what Cam did with Dipset.

I got this this one track I downloaded -think its called "Bottom of the Pu**y"-classic Cam. Check it out..funny as hell.
February 4, 2009 @ 10:22 AM

Inactive

Pardon me if I dig Rocafella Cam more then SDE Cam. I know you think that makes my taste "suspect".But really... Im not one of these people who say "I only like his first or 2nd album the rest was trash". Or "I liked him when not as many people knew about him" I enjoyed Cam at his most boastful and weird. I appreciated his unique, strange rhyme patterns. I liked the non sequitur and the spaced out, drug induced nonsensical rhymes. I also appreciated how he could go back and fourth between this style and then more coherent songs and verses. However, I think that his cartoon character persona consumed him and around the Purple Hazze era...but mostly after...he became a caricature of his own doing.

And no...Im not confusing "outdated" and "old school". If "old school" is 2002 then Im fucking ancient. The beat sounds like it came out of some aborted Heatmakers session from the Roc days. Or when Kanye and Just where on their soul tip.

I can appreciate that you have a different opinion. But really do you think you need to school me on what you think I mean? Or the meaning of a term? I said what I meant.
February 4, 2009 @ 10:39 AM

Inactive

Because something is more underground or has remnants of the boom bap era doesn't automatically equate that it's better IMO. I appreciate that time period and allot of my favorite artists come from out of that time period. But, I'm not a product of that time period. When I was a teenager and young adult and fell in love with Hip Hop it wasn't around the time those sounds where as prevalent. I can appreciate them for what they are but because a certain sound come from a time period doesn't mean I have to like it more. So yes, I preferred the beats on Purple Haze more.
February 4, 2009 @ 11:15 AM
NZOO

S.D.E lyricism> all

Don't badmind me.

February 4, 2009 @ 03:23 PM
.rump

s.d.e is where he put out some serious heat
but you cant even compare shit to anything rockafella especially rockafella cam
February 4, 2009 @ 04:39 PM
.rump

wtf lol
February 4, 2009 @ 04:42 PM
JKISSI

just saw that on boxden lol
February 4, 2009 @ 05:11 PM
Logikal Accord

I like this song a lot but it lacks that Cam "swag" that he used to have.
February 5, 2009 @ 08:36 PM
eholt3p

i like it..its not what everybody else is doing yea. but 90% of the niggs on this website say they have their own style or do shit in their own way..cams doing that with his music..he raps the same way every track..but thats his style nobody gets computer puting like cam haha..shit is chill..imo
February 5, 2009 @ 09:27 PM
Juki

s.d.e is where he put out some serious heat
but you cant even compare shit to anything rockafella especially rockafella cam

S.D.E lyricism> all

Doubleclutchhoops.com

February 6, 2009 @ 01:59 AM
meowmeowmeow

lol @ I'm gettin money nigggaaa gif
this is a hot song. that verse on past and future after the interviews is hot. shit hit me.

Please login first to reply.