FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
July 21, 2006 @ 05:51 PM
Flexx

I listen to reggae and soca....especially soca

Allison Hinds- Roll It Gal
Destra Garcia- Colors Again
Shurwayne Winchester- Don't Stop
Bunji Garlin- Soca Warriors

Voicemail- Dance, Under your Fault
Vybz Kartel feat. Wayne Marshall- Free Your Mind
Crazy Chris & Marvin- Frog Back
Vybz Kartel- Riding, Tek
Sizzla- Musical Vibration
Wayne Marshall- Real Rude Boy
Busy Signal- Lu Lu Lu, Up inot Club (We Go), Step Out
Elephant Man- Free Your Soul (Lose Control)
Tony Matterhorn- Dirty Wine
July 22, 2006 @ 10:30 AM
Peter Suh

Just downloaded Chaka Demus & Pliers - Tease Me and Sizzla - Just One of Those Days..
July 23, 2006 @ 04:40 PM

Inactive

any of you listen to any soundclashes?
im a big fan of david rodigan and mighty crown.
mighty crown did get a better win form the 2 clashes, though
July 23, 2006 @ 04:59 PM
Brick James

well i gotta say, i'm not a big culture fan, more into the dancehall, yes the same music with constant new dances but in terms of artist, i always look out for movado, busy signal, jah cure, gyptian, richie spice and sizzla. In terms of riddims, anger management(old but i love it), 12 gauge(still not so new) sweet sop(kinda not new), gully slime, octane, redbull & guiness, rose apple, triumphant etc.
July 23, 2006 @ 09:49 PM

Inactive

bob marley & the wailers
toots & the maytals
jimmy cliff
the scientists
barrington levy
black harmony
blood sisters
steel pulse
max romeo
mystic roots
sizzla (more hip hop oriented of course)

i dabble
July 24, 2006 @ 05:28 PM
Vangaurd

I listen to reggae and soca....especially soca

WTF Soca????? wow you u get mad props sayin that out loud, where u from?

I think that the Sleng Teng is the best riddim of all time, what do u guys think?
July 24, 2006 @ 07:27 PM
Brick James

WTF Soca????? wow you u get mad props sayin that out loud, where u from?

I think that the Sleng Teng is the best riddim of all time, what do u guys think?

whats wrong with soca? at parties, dancehall brings out the shottas to the dancefloor, but the soca, the soca always gets the ladies dancing, with guys i mean not no group circle dancing.
July 25, 2006 @ 02:46 PM
EekaMouse

i love eek a mouse's stuff.
July 27, 2006 @ 07:00 PM
Vangaurd

2 questions, wtf is jungle music, and who the hell is max romeo?? Name a song or something.....i grew up on reggae and soca, never heard of this guy, i think............

whats wrong with soca? at parties, dancehall brings out the shottas to the dancefloor, but the soca, the soca always gets the ladies dancing, with guys i mean not no group circle dancing.

Real Shottas dont dance.........Soca is cool but i aint 2 it, unless its carnival time, still then i really aint into it.
July 29, 2006 @ 01:21 PM
Brick James

Real Shottas dont dance.........Soca is cool but i aint 2 it, unless its carnival time, still then i really aint into it.

Its mad funny that you said that, the movie shottas was about gangstas, a shotta is a gangsta, but mad people walk around calling themselves real shottas and all they do is dance no actual gangsta shit.

Mad people in America, i cant speak on Jamaica
July 29, 2006 @ 11:23 PM
Vangaurd

Its mad funny that you said that, the movie shottas was about gangstas, a shotta is a gangsta, but mad people walk around calling themselves real shottas and all they do is dance no actual gangsta shit.

Well, here in miami they call themselves dancers.... and from what ive seen and heard from the jamaicans around here i think thats what they call themselves in JA.....but of course theres always a pussy who thinks hes a "shotta" jus like everyone nowadays is a wannabe gangster or thug(speaking about us americans)
July 30, 2006 @ 04:23 AM
KEMP

dont really listen to reggae but i apppreciate all types of music..even a lil country . ahah yeah that elephant man song is to rep.
July 30, 2006 @ 01:22 PM
TheFly

and who the hell is max romeo?? Name a song or something.....

Max Romeo @ Wiki

I chase the devil
War ina babylon
One step foreward
July 30, 2006 @ 01:28 PM
Brick James

Well, here in miami they call themselves dancers.... and from what ive seen and heard from the jamaicans around here i think thats what they call themselves in JA.....but of course theres always a pussy who thinks hes a "shotta" jus like everyone nowadays is a wannabe gangster or thug(speaking about us americans)

you know upon further thought, there are jamaicans in ny who call themselves dancers and not shottas, but then i guess some are misguided and call themselves shottas when all they do is dance
July 30, 2006 @ 02:26 PM

Inactive

how can you grow up with reggae music but completely miss greensleeves whole venture into ragga jungle?
July 30, 2006 @ 04:35 PM
Vangaurd

how can you grow up with reggae music but completely miss greensleeves whole venture into ragga jungle?

I googled it and listened 2 soom songs, all it is, is dancehall with some tecno sounding beats right? correct me if im wrong..... And that was the first time ive ever heard it in my entire life. I also let a 2 jamiacans hear it, one was my age ( 18 ) and another who is 30 years old. they both said that they have never heard such a thing. we personally didnt care 4 it but 2 each his own.

Max Romeo @ Wiki

I chase the devil
War ina babylon
One step foreward

Ok, now here is where i fucked up, it was a case of knowing the song but not the artist.....Grand Theft Auto is sometimes educational....needless to say i asked around and alot of people said that they dont know him. However im not suprised at that because its almost impossible to know every artist of every genre or sub genre some ppl just dont get play in certain areas or whatever the case maybe.
July 30, 2006 @ 06:54 PM

Inactive

well you missed out i guess. was really interesting/inspiring in its hey-day.
September 11, 2006 @ 11:56 PM
Vangaurd

so i know this is an old ass thread but as most of u know i mostly only listen 2 reggae. So i found these 2 videos on Youtube today and my jaw dropped. im posting it in here because i know mostly only the people who listen 2 reggae will look into this thread so here they are.
This shit is crazy
The first video is mostly sizzla and then in the end Jah Cure (yes Jah Cure who has been locked up.)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pa98j9of0c&mode=related&search=

The Second video is Buju Banton, then Junior Reid(the
Games on blood song) who killed the shit, than Sizzla closes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yzqi9bEedY&mode=related&search=

Anyone know what song junior reid is singin or is he mostly freestylin???? jus asking cause i dont got none of his albums or music exept for the origonal one blood which ive had a couple years now.
September 12, 2006 @ 09:47 AM
natos

buju banto
elephant man (pon de rive:
red rat
bounty killa
yellow man
killamanjaro
lady saw
capelton
sizzla
smile
September 12, 2006 @ 01:26 PM
Mighty Crown

yeah.
i listen to dat smile
September 12, 2006 @ 01:34 PM
Vangaurd

with a name like mighty crown i figured u did.
September 12, 2006 @ 01:42 PM
Mighty Crown

hxxp://www.reggaesound.com/music.html

here is a good website for you guys that want to do some exploring.
great place to find new sounds, and if you like something there don't be afraid to contact him.
i've bought enough music from there. speedy shipments, friendly guy.
September 12, 2006 @ 08:23 PM
theB.R.O Quest

The reggae I listen to...
Sizzla
The Mighty Diamonds
Bob Marley
Gyptian
Richie Spice
Buju Banton
Barrington Levy

...and Matisyahu's older shit.
September 14, 2006 @ 12:33 AM
Vangaurd

so alot of u like sizzla, what do u prefer the old sizzla or the new sizzla?
September 14, 2006 @ 08:15 AM
Mighty Crown

i really like all of his work.
anytime he breaks out that falsetto voice...
it's so perfect.
September 14, 2006 @ 12:15 PM
Drebrooklyn

i like the old sizzla just because of the type of music he use to sing....more roots stuff and less dancehall...true rasta aren't supposed to be swearing like that and his topics are kinda weird for me knowing his religion
September 14, 2006 @ 08:25 PM
theB.R.O Quest

Older, download the song Haunted and Nervous cool It's what turned me on to Sizzla in the first place..
September 14, 2006 @ 11:12 PM
Vangaurd

Lol, download, lol
I know that song, come on im sizzlas # 1 fan i got 31 of his albums(would have more if i wasnt so broke right now), plus countless singles, bootleg album releases, ect.
But yeah that song is straight.
September 15, 2006 @ 02:10 AM
Beez

im down for reggae music. in the past couple of months ive been vibin wit bob marley albums... i mean ALL of them. has a good variation to the usual hiphop and r&b.... as well as jazz. what are some other reggae artists/albums that are classic? reggae experts dont overwhelm a homie... jus askin for the cream of the crop.

twitter @brandohnn findme. injc*

September 15, 2006 @ 03:15 PM
Vangaurd

my recomendations for newer stuff would be
sizzla - the real thing(more reggae feel), Soul Deep or Rise To The Occasion or Jah Knows Best(for more Rnb/jazz type feel)
Capleton - Reign of fire (some Dancehall on there)
Midnite Band or simply Midnite any of there cds are hot
Tanya Stephens- Gansta Blues, and Rebulution
Jah Cure - Ghetto Life or freedom Blues(more Hits)

Older stuff (mostly dancehall)
Tenor Saw - Fever
Garnet Silk - Silky mood, or any i repeat any of his cds or compalations this one is the most complete imo
Buju Banton - Mr. Metion or Voice of JA
The Abbysinians - Satta Massagana(classic reggae)
Peter tosh - any cd

more 2 come i gotta peak at my cds. thos were just of the top

Please login first to reply.