Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
January 8, 2009 @ 02:20 PM
Failure Pt.3

I love lupe,but did he just cosign the coool kids as hiphop saviors(setting the vagaurd).. and the charles hamilton thing im not going to speak on...

But lupe is right about the energy changing, but it a new era, new rules apply, new ears to attract, he still fucking new, so what the fuck is he talking about! it seems like he is just talking to talk...hiphop is a culture, a life all its own.

Lupe's been cosigning The Cool Kids for a minute....they from the Chi so what do you expect
January 8, 2009 @ 02:31 PM
collinsboi

i killed hip hop

Cosign

January 8, 2009 @ 02:31 PM
Joweee

So if Everywhere will be coming out soon does that mean Nowhere and Downhere will come out on seperate days or is it all named Everywhere?
January 8, 2009 @ 04:04 PM
bmorekicks

i agree with you, but one thing: just take a look back! wasn't 90s rap, as much as we all got it in our heart forever repetitive as fuck? all these samples and people like guru with the same subject in almost every song. not to talk any shit about that music, god bless them for what they did for us all smile

I don't think so...back then, mainstream hip hop was much broader then it is now.

-Jersey had Redman, Fugees, Naughty by Nature
-LA had Snoop, Dre, Ras Kass, Xzbit, Pharcyde
-NY had Biggie, Boot Camp, Wu, Nas, Pun, Mobb
-The South had Outkast, Goodie Mob, Scarface, Eightball & MJG

Nowadays its only like 3 different sounds
January 8, 2009 @ 04:23 PM
Aww Skills

maybe it's dead because every rapper in the industry thinks it's dead.
January 8, 2009 @ 04:49 PM
southwest55

January 8, 2009 @ 05:38 PM
randomgrandeur

He is hip-hop.

I'm tired of these artists saying hip-hop is dead. I wish they'd focus on bringing out their own material. Saying shit is dead doesn't help the situation, like Lil' Wayne or Soulja Boi is blocking their entry into the studio or something.
January 8, 2009 @ 06:02 PM
WordSpit

I actually like some of soulja boy music..its cool in the club

Hiphop hiphop....wtf idk anymore...everone killed hiphop if its like that even lupe.
January 8, 2009 @ 06:12 PM
JayLovesPinays

Everyone has to admit, in a sense, that hip-hop is dying, if it isn't already dead. I mean rappers aren't even rapping anymore. I understand the whole trying a new sound, but you can't try rock and call it new hip-hop. You can't do r-n-b and call it hip-hop, it has to BE hip-hop, which I'm not hearing anymore. All I hear is Soulja Boy, snap music, singing from rap artist with retarded amounts of auto tune. Very few artists are still doing hip-hop.
January 8, 2009 @ 06:24 PM
JKISSI

^ at the same time it has to be a difference i thought people ill like if everyone was rapping like illmatic nas .. rap comes in different forms.. i just always balance theres room for everything.
January 8, 2009 @ 06:46 PM
ackbar

lol

this lupe guy sure has a distorted sense of self-importance. who gives a fuck what he says about hip hop
January 8, 2009 @ 07:18 PM
jay3091

I kinda agree with him, hip-hop just hasn't been good lately.
January 8, 2009 @ 07:22 PM
Hash>

I heard the track "ARMY" by Japanese Cartoon and it was ok, but frankly I couldn't get over the fact that it's just Lupe with a fake British accent, which is extremely pretentious to me.
January 8, 2009 @ 09:42 PM
Average Joe 51

Its crazy how nobody listens man. Especially about hip hop! It aint dead or dying or even hurt. ITS CHANGING! Stop crying and start making music you like. Theres so much talent on these forums you could make five albums.
January 9, 2009 @ 12:53 PM

Inactive

yeah sure

hip hop is going to die in 2009 with the releases of Only Built For Cuban Linx 2 and the Detox...the 2 most anticipated rap albums of the decade...oh and the eminem shit is supposed to drop

sure sounds like a shitty year in hip hop to me
January 9, 2009 @ 10:24 PM
DonPedro

none of those albums are gonna live up to the hype.
January 11, 2009 @ 01:57 AM
ostrichboy92

mainstream hip hop is changing but not like it has throughout the 80s and 90s..its changing to the point where it doesnt even fit the definition of hip-hop anymore. Artists such as T-pain, souljaboy, and even lil wayne are making club songs that barely contain rhmyes or meaning. I, like Lupe, am not a fan of this new, dance, club hip-hop and i know that the old, poetic, rhythmic hip-hop will fade with time so in essence real hip-hop is dying.
January 11, 2009 @ 03:19 AM
Liquid Swordz

none of those albums are gonna live up to the hype.

..is a statement that cant be proven
January 11, 2009 @ 03:28 AM
DonPedro

of course not because it's an opinion.
January 11, 2009 @ 03:53 AM
Cali Agent

Since when? Last time I checked Hip Hop is alive. What you guys are talking about it mainstream/ radio music. And or the music hes trying to make. Didn't NAS say it first? But whatever the case not dead.
January 11, 2009 @ 12:54 PM
ackbar

yeah sure

hip hop is going to die in 2009 with the releases of Only Built For Cuban Linx 2 and the Detox...the 2 most anticipated rap albums of the decade...

lol
those albums have been supposed to be released for the past 3 years

and eminem's last album was terrible. who cares
January 11, 2009 @ 12:59 PM
soundbomber

fuck what lupe says, he ain
January 11, 2009 @ 01:10 PM
randomgrandeur

mainstream hip hop is changing but not like it has throughout the 80s and 90s..its changing to the point where it doesnt even fit the definition of hip-hop anymore. Artists such as T-pain, souljaboy, and even lil wayne are making club songs that barely contain rhmyes or meaning. I, like Lupe, am not a fan of this new, dance, club hip-hop and i know that the old, poetic, rhythmic hip-hop will fade with time so in essence real hip-hop is dying.

What are you talking about? These meaningless club songs have always existed in rap music. From its inception until this mundane period where every expert is saying hip-hop is dead.

...and what is real hip-hop? What, you only listen to Lupe? Cool Kids? Artists who only get love on MTVU? Scouring Myspace for the next big never gonna blow?

I
January 11, 2009 @ 08:17 PM
ostrichboy92

...and what is real hip-hop? What, you only listen to Lupe? Cool Kids? Artists who only get love on MTVU? Scouring Myspace for the next big never gonna blow?

my mistake in using the term "real hip-hop" it was a poor choice of words just as lupe shouldnt say hip-hop as a whole is dying.. but there is much less diversity in the mainstream then there used to be.. throughout history there has always been many strong lyricists on the mainstream .. common, jay-z, nas, lupe, em, kanye, ll cool j, wu-tang, etc. .. butt u cant listen to the same artists your entire life ..it gets old .. and it looks like there will be less lyricists to turn to in the future because of how the mainstreams being overrun by new club music.
January 11, 2009 @ 08:30 PM
Brooklyn_718

lol hip hop is just fine. Lupe just wants promotion for his album

Its a shame people fall for this crap all the time.
January 14, 2009 @ 11:02 AM
!OhYesHeDid!

the rap game right now is void of all nostalgia. now a days these dudes are just puppets instead of being their own characters . back when i was a young lad i use to look at rappers as larger than life characters each had their own style and power on the mic. shoot i aint dumb and im not oblivious to the game today. hip hop is not what it use to be and it prolly want ever be.

and its a damn shame cause hip hop was the father i didnt have when i was a kid. its like watching my dad kill himself slowly. im thankful for the internet though it keeps me in touch with the roots of hip hop.

Please login first to reply.