Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
January 7, 2009 @ 04:58 PM
southwest55

I've been saying the same thing on Hb for the past 2 years and people act like im crazy but i think 09 will be the year hip hop finally dies.

Lupe Fiasco Says
January 7, 2009 @ 05:12 PM
kitren2

hip-hop is dead, hip-hop ain't rap its a culture and with time new cultures rise and others fall, rap is alive but hip-hop is dead, its not bad to me hip-hop is good to be left it is only for its time.
January 7, 2009 @ 05:20 PM
smokey jack

hip hop is not going to die. it is just going through a low point. and i think lupe says that it is just going to change, which honestly i think it a good thing.
January 7, 2009 @ 05:44 PM
Brain

lol @ southwest's statement in the very first sentence :D
January 7, 2009 @ 06:11 PM
kiko

co-sighn with smokeyjack but on another note his "newband" (if he's in it) has one pretty good track but that invaderes must die track sux
January 7, 2009 @ 06:18 PM
randomgrandeur

Yes, and country music will die as well. Don't stop there. All music will be dead.

/rollin' 'em.
January 7, 2009 @ 06:21 PM
Failure Pt.3

Man, it has to be Lupe signing
January 7, 2009 @ 08:36 PM
bloxheads

all this hipster rap shit is kinda repetitive now...rapping bout they fucking supras, them being fresh....what happend to fuck you type of shit
January 7, 2009 @ 10:05 PM
randomgrandeur

Don't scare me like that sad

Joking. Music isn't dead. I wish the whining was though.
January 8, 2009 @ 12:04 AM
ThePepperSkull

No matter how things change they stay the same. People been saying that hip hop is dead since way back in the 90's. Fuck, they probably said it in the 80's too.
January 8, 2009 @ 12:22 AM
jizzla

yea ok hip hop is dead and the cool kids are gonna save it.

ha thats a good joke...
January 8, 2009 @ 12:22 AM
Backspace2.0

you guys, hip hop is dying face it, its people like tpain and soulja boy that are killing it, hip hop needs to be saved
January 8, 2009 @ 12:26 AM
Homeless

keep it alive.
January 8, 2009 @ 12:31 AM
jizzla

you guys, hip hop is dying face it, its people like tpain and soulja boy that are killing it, hip hop needs to be saved

you cant blame 2 artist for hip hop dying

plus people have been saying hip hop sucks for the last 14-15 years now so stfu
January 8, 2009 @ 12:42 AM
Spankbank

hip-hop is dead, hip-hop ain't rap its a culture and with time new cultures rise and others fall, rap is alive but hip-hop is dead, its not bad to me hip-hop is good to be left it is only for its time.

Hip-hop was never dead, yes it is a culture which means street dance + graffiti is involved. I'm a street dancer, I still do it as does a bunch of other people. Lupe just wants attention like Britney Spears shaving her head.
January 8, 2009 @ 12:44 AM
DonPedro

kanye killed hip hop
January 8, 2009 @ 12:45 AM
Homeless

14 15 years ago was its prime who the hell were you hearing that from
January 8, 2009 @ 12:50 AM
Dj Homme

Hip Hop is getting old so he's having a babe thats all guys don't worry.
January 8, 2009 @ 12:58 AM
Spankbank

he just said it so people on forums can bicker about it

January 8, 2009 @ 01:12 AM
Backspace2.0

I said:
you guys, hip hop is dying face it, its people [SIZE="4"]like [/SIZE]tpain and soulja boy that are killing it, hip hop needs to be saved
January 8, 2009 @ 01:12 AM
Failure Pt.3

all this hipster rap shit is kinda repetitive now...rapping bout they fucking supras, them being fresh....what happend to fuck you type of shit

people stopped frontin like they were gangstas, and started rapping about stuff they're interested in?confused
January 8, 2009 @ 01:21 AM
Brain

yeah, this is what we're saying now. but ask some older guys, they will tell you that the talking was the same back then. maybe not that much of it because the internets wasnt there...
January 8, 2009 @ 01:28 AM
sargasm

I believe Common made a song about how hip hop was dying 15 years ago. H.E.R. ring a bell?

I really think this whole electro fusion Auto Tune crap should just be put into its own subgenre, like the UK does with it's urban music. I mean, does T-Pain have any relation to Ghostface or Devin the Dude at all? This crap is not up to the level of rap. I hate it when people say they only like "real hip hop" but this is starting to get ridiculous.

I think 2009 will be much like 2008 unless Kanye turns 180 back to CD/LR days (his music/fashion is the shepard to the radio herd), or if someone out of the blue does pull off some kind of revolution.

(please bring back 90's new york wu tang/C-N-N/gang starr material)
January 8, 2009 @ 01:38 AM
ThePepperSkull

I believe Common made a song about how hip hop was dying 15 years ago. H.E.R. ring a bell?

QFT. people been saying this shit for DECADES now.
January 8, 2009 @ 02:00 AM
sh3liqu3

Fuck man.
Why people always complaining about the status of hip hop.
Last year people complained about the lack of good albums.I Disagree.
And Hip Hop is dead?
Shit's ridiculous. I admit a lot of people were in hip hop game for money but now there's a recession going on and people don't buy cd's as much, we will see if people actually make music because they love it.
As much as people hate the Cool Kids, they make because they enjoy it. B.o.B makes music because he enjoys it. Kanye makes music just cause he can.
Hip Hop will never die people it's just changing.
Look over the past decade Hip Hop has changed from Sugarhill Gang to Jeezy to Dem Franchise Boyz!
People are also finding it hard to differentiate Hip Hop from Pop music/
January 8, 2009 @ 02:01 AM
jizzla

if you listen to 90s rap even they would complain about rap being wack,you must not listen to lyrics hard enough
January 8, 2009 @ 10:04 AM
WordSpit

I love lupe,but did he just cosign the coool kids as hiphop saviors(setting the vagaurd).. and the charles hamilton thing im not going to speak on...

But lupe is right about the energy changing, but it a new era, new rules apply, new ears to attract, he still fucking new, so what the fuck is he talking about! it seems like he is just talking to talk...hiphop is a culture, a life all its own.
January 8, 2009 @ 10:22 AM
JKISSI

Damn nas really beat people in the head with this..
Hiphop will never die it came become repetitive as hell, but die nope its a culture im living hiphop right now that would mean for all the artist/fans to literally die.. and thats never going to happen. Like I always say people just want balance.. not too much of one type of music
January 8, 2009 @ 11:09 AM
Brain

Damn nas really beat people in the head with this..
Hiphop will never die it came become repetitive as hell, but die nope its a culture im living hiphop right now that would mean for all the artist/fans to literally die.. and thats never going to happen. Like I always say people just want balance.. not too much of one type of music

i agree with you, but one thing: just take a look back! wasn't 90s rap, as much as we all got it in our heart forever repetitive as fuck? all these samples and people like guru with the same subject in almost every song. not to talk any shit about that music, god bless them for what they did for us all smile
January 8, 2009 @ 02:18 PM
no1collector

people stopped frontin like they were gangstas, and started rapping about stuff they're interested in?confused

Co-sign. Not to say that "gangster"/"hard" rap is dead. It's still alive. There's a whole bunch of rappers in the Dallas area that rap about killing, guns, sex, drugs, money, having sex on top of money while doing drugs and killing someone, etc. Shit is tired and unwelcome that's why they never get bigger than neighborhood fame. Life is hard enough, why the fuck would I want to hear people talk about killing and all that bs?

Please login first to reply.