drake, no comparison.
November 21, 2008 @ 02:12 AM
dUn DeKid

Lil Wayne

Weezy Wee!!
November 21, 2008 @ 02:25 AM
Mr. 511

Drake....hands down!!!!
Jus listen 2 "ransom"....aubrey "drake" graham murders the trak!!!!

I mean dnt get me wrong Weezy is ill but yall need 2 get of his johnson....in real lyfe!!!!
November 21, 2008 @ 06:45 AM

Inactive

"Get a blue's clue/
opps I mean a red clue/
Wayne's here-- Suwoo/"

Drake smashed on Wayne.
November 21, 2008 @ 08:27 AM
xnay

I suppose that Drake is an arguably more talented MC than Lil Wayne, but he really needs to get out there if he wants to be considered better.
November 21, 2008 @ 08:42 AM

Inactive

Wayne...

Not even close really.

There's lots of people out there who are great rappers. That can out rap your favorite MC. Rhyming goes further then punchlines and metaphors, and in a classical hip hop way Drake may be better or at least percieved as better. But as far as concepts, themes and creativity albums and mixtapes, sheer volume of music...wayne blows Drake away. And, thats not to say Drake isnt good or doesnt have the potential to be better...but you people need to stop crowning *****s prematurely. A bunch of mixtapes and some guest apperances and now hes better? Please...lets here some albums and longevity and then make decsions.

But Im sure this thread could end up as a Wayne hate fest so Im making my vote and dipping.
November 21, 2008 @ 07:09 PM
jay3091

I'll say anybody over Wayne the way he's rappin' nowadays. (BTW: TD3 sucks)
November 21, 2008 @ 11:34 PM
xnay

Sorry, what has Drake done? Not to mention Wayne has the greatest flow that I have ever heard. The dude could literally say whatever and it would come out great. I feel like HB just has a hate on for him because he is currently (and this is not my opinion, it pretty much is a fact at this point) the most popular act in rap. It's easy to say that less popular and undoubtedly more talented people are better, but untill Drake sells one million copies in one week or comes out with like a million songs in one year without an album or at least comes out with some music that changes peoples perception of hip-hop, he is never gonna be better than Wayne.

Also, if he really ever wants to blow up, I am sure that signing under another rapper is not the best way of doing it.
November 21, 2008 @ 11:56 PM
pnsho

Sorry, what has Drake done? Not to mention Wayne has the greatest flow that I have ever heard. The dude could literally say whatever and it would come out great. I feel like HB just has a hate on for him because he is currently (and this is not my opinion, it pretty much is a fact at this point) the most popular act in rap. It's easy to say that less popular and undoubtedly more talented people are better, but untill Drake sells one million copies in one week or comes out with like a million songs in one year without an album or at least comes out with some music that changes peoples perception of hip-hop, he is never gonna be better than Wayne.

So album sales = better?

lolwutjokes
November 22, 2008 @ 12:03 AM
xnay

You misunderstood. What I mean is that Drake really needs to come out with a full album to really even contend for the status of "best". Anyone can come out with dope mixtapes or kill songs that they are featured on, but talk about where he stands in rap once he has a full length album out.
November 22, 2008 @ 12:21 AM
pnsho

I got the jist of your post. I just found that section funny.
November 22, 2008 @ 01:21 AM
ZGsoccer3

/thread
November 22, 2008 @ 01:45 AM
Remedi

drake imo other then the fact that he doesnt have longivety hes 100% better then wayne
as a former hip hop head i can say ive hated wayne since 99 hes straight trash nothing creative to offer hes a drug addict and doesnt make sence 100% of the time i mean the guy rhymed the alphabet on a song /end thread
November 22, 2008 @ 02:35 AM
ZGsoccer3

after tha carter II ill admit it was downhill from there. but still he WAS good... sad
November 22, 2008 @ 03:06 AM
layzeboi

Wayne...

Not even close really.

There's lots of people out there who are great rappers. That can out rap your favorite MC. Rhyming goes further then punchlines and metaphors, and in a classical hip hop way Drake may be better or at least percieved as better. But as far as concepts, themes and creativity albums and mixtapes, sheer volume of music...wayne blows Drake away. And, thats not to say Drake isnt good or doesnt have the potential to be better...but you people need to stop crowning *****s prematurely. A bunch of mixtapes and some guest apperances and now hes better? Please...lets here some albums and longevity and then make decsions.

But Im sure this thread could end up as a Wayne hate fest so Im making my vote and dipping.

co-sign ...
November 22, 2008 @ 02:04 PM
extrodinaire

^^^
basically what Sub said was on point...I don't even know why this discussions is going on still.
November 22, 2008 @ 07:06 PM
randomgrandeur

e-card
November 22, 2008 @ 07:17 PM
dalek

after tha carter II ill admit it was downhill from there. but still he WAS good... sad

Not really... Dedication 2 and Drought 3 both came out after C2. And also, all the Carter 3 leak stuff was ridiculous.
November 22, 2008 @ 07:18 PM
ZGsoccer3

it depends when you compare them in their careers...drake is semi new to the game. but if you were to take drake and compare him to tha carter I & II lil wayne, no competition. you guys are just all pissed to see lil wayne releasing trash as of late, like his poppy shit. i dont like it either, but you gotta remember he DID have really dope shit.

and like sub said, you guys are comparing them and drake hasnt even been around that long. maybe give it a few months then you can compare them.
November 22, 2008 @ 07:19 PM
ZGsoccer3

Not really... Dedication 2 and Drought 3 both came out after C2. And also, all the Carter 3 leak stuff was ridiculous.

true. he came out with some weird shit between that too, so i just said C2 lol. but drought 3 and dedication 2 were sick
November 22, 2008 @ 10:14 PM
eholt3p

drake is good..but he's not better than wayne..thats like saying..memphis bleek is better than jay-z...as far as talent wise..drake has him because he can sing.but when it comes to the bars..he's jus not up there yet..nd i dont even really like wayne..but he makes so much music you have to feel some of it and the amount of music you feel is about equivalent to the amount of music your favorite rapper puts out..and everything he puts out your probably not going 2 like so think of it as going 44/1000 and your favorite rapper going 44/78 percentage wise its not the same but song wise its the same..i have as many wayne tracks on my ipod as i do kanye..and i like kanye over wayne..wayne jus puts that much out 2 were you can feel something he's doing..but i'm jus typing hahahaha

check my music out..if you do any publishing or blogging etc and your feeling it..hit me up..i'm tryna get a buzz

www.myspace.com/ehmuzik3p
November 22, 2008 @ 10:38 PM
dots...

truthfully....i can't sit through a full Wayne song
November 22, 2008 @ 11:09 PM
extrodinaire

Yea but even if ya'll don't feel lil waynes current material...the dude has put in work...like crazy!!! so how can u say Drake is better? i'm Canadian and I admit hes dope but overated..due to teh fact ya'll comparing him to na established artist that put in work!... come on now...it's just a lil ridiculous!...so all of lil waynes body of work is trash now because u dides hated carter 3 a few guest apperances and dedication 3? wow!
November 22, 2008 @ 11:49 PM
ZGsoccer3

^
word
November 23, 2008 @ 01:22 AM

Inactive

you people need to stop crowning *****s prematurely. A bunch of mixtapes and some guest apperances and now hes better? Please...lets here some albums and longevity and then make decsions.

Agreed, but that goes for Wayne too. Most of his fans don't remember anything he did before 2005
November 23, 2008 @ 01:23 AM

Inactive

you people need to stop crowning *****s prematurely. A bunch of mixtapes and some guest apperances and now hes better? Please...lets here some albums and longevity and then make decsions.

Agreed, but that goes for Wayne too. Most of his fans don't remember anything he did before 2005.
November 23, 2008 @ 04:17 AM
Virunga

Fuck that Degrassi *****!!!!!

Dear Virunga, You have received an infraction at Hypebeast Forums. Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)

November 23, 2008 @ 04:19 AM
ZGsoccer3

why the hell is drake winning this poll confused

Please login first to reply.