Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
October 10, 2008 @ 08:49 PM
SFCA

I'm obsessed. They're now my 2nd favorite band behind Radiohead. Frances the Mute is one of the most beautiful albums I've ever heard..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2ayKK8E7gc

Cigarettes, Ice Cream and Figurines of the Virgin Mary http://www.last.fm/user/actsyalawlz

October 12, 2008 @ 09:00 PM

Inactive

It took me a while to actually like them. They aren't really a favorite of mine, but I appreciate what they tried to do musically.
October 13, 2008 @ 12:31 AM
jaded

i've seen them live 6 times, and each time they were better. i haven't seen a performance for the new album yet though.

one of the shows was a private event at bottom of the hill in san francisco and we were all on the floor sitting or standing literally right in front of the band, no barrier or anything, and the band just jammed for 30 or 40 minutes. then the very next night was the actual show at the greek theatre in berkeley &)

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

October 13, 2008 @ 12:42 AM
Nite

I'm obsessed. They're now my 2nd favorite band behind Radiohead. Frances the Mute is one of the most beautiful albums I've ever heard..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2ayKK8E7gc

frances the mute was the shit, the album was nice....too bad all they ever played on the radio was "the widow"razz

have you heard amputecture? it was serious musical genius.
October 13, 2008 @ 12:05 PM
BLOODYMINDED

their first e.p. is dope
October 13, 2008 @ 12:11 PM
car bomb

I liked the first EP and LP. The rest is boring.
October 13, 2008 @ 12:43 PM
Lew

i like deloused

what was there best album? i only have deloused and there latest one
October 13, 2008 @ 01:37 PM
unfuccwittable

Deloused>Frances the Mute>The Bedlam in Goliath>Amputechture

One of my favorite bands. Their arrangements are so complex and immaculate. I helped a friend analyse their music for his senior thesis 2 years ago. I'll see if I can get him to post it.
October 13, 2008 @ 01:58 PM
xdiddykongx

i lost touch with this band 4 years ago.

it's still good, but i cannot stand anything after frances the mute.

i wrote an essay on cerpin taxt to get into english honors in high school, haha.
October 13, 2008 @ 03:09 PM
jaded

everyone likes deloused, it's too easy to like deloused because rick rubin helped them make it perfect. the stuff omar has produced on his own is just as good, if not better in my opinion.

October 13, 2008 @ 03:17 PM
thelurkers

I find it hard to get too into their most recent album. As time goes by, I'm more drawn to At the Drive-In (Omar and Cedric's previous band) and less interested by The Mars Volta. They're being ultra-expirimental just makes their music less accessible. I have to be in the mood to listen to them and be doing nothing other than paying attention to the intricacies of their music. That said, I still appreciate what they do.
October 13, 2008 @ 04:15 PM
SFCA

Yeah, I only own Frances the Mute and Deloused in the Comatorium. Do you guys believe that they're albums after these are less experimental and have more of a mainstream sound or is the music just getting boring?

Cigarettes, Ice Cream and Figurines of the Virgin Mary http://www.last.fm/user/actsyalawlz

October 15, 2008 @ 09:35 PM
hools

my friend's been dickriding them for like the past year+ but i recently just got into them. they're pretty good.
October 15, 2008 @ 09:56 PM
Nite

Deloused>Frances the Mute>The Bedlam in Goliath>Amputechture

One of my favorite bands. Their arrangements are so complex and immaculate. I helped a friend analyse their music for his senior thesis 2 years ago. I'll see if I can get him to post it.

dude amputecture was by far their most technical album in terms of instrumentation.

did you hear "meccamputecture" and "day of the baphomets" off of that album?

i know it's only opinion but seriously, amputecture is by far one of their most underated albums.

sidenote: listen to at the drive in's "non zero possibilty" it starts to sound like something TMV would do.
October 15, 2008 @ 10:08 PM
unfuccwittable

dude amputecture was by far their most technical album in terms of instrumentation.

did you hear "meccamputecture" and "day of the baphomets" off of that album?

i know it's only opinion but seriously, amputecture is by far one of their most underated albums.

sidenote: listen to at the drive in's "non zero possibilty" it starts to sound like something TMV would do.

those are my two favorite tracks from that album.
October 19, 2008 @ 04:41 PM
Lew

i need to listen to meccamputecture and amputecture, how good are they?
October 19, 2008 @ 04:56 PM
unfuccwittable

meccamputechture is a song from TMV's 3rd album entitled Amputechture.
October 24, 2008 @ 11:14 AM
timothy1

Deloused and Bedlam are by far the best. Bedlam skipped all the random ambient sound-effects and shit that made Frances the Mute hard to tolerate. All their music is amazing, but it's hard to listen to an entire album when half of it is in spanish/random sounds.
October 24, 2008 @ 11:29 AM
gerard

Oh shit, I totally forgot about this band.. I used to listen to them like my junior year in high school rofl.. Then my computer crashed and I lost everything. sad

I remember listening to one of their songs over and over.. It was like 10 minutes long.. Does anyone know the title? lol
October 24, 2008 @ 12:43 PM
timothy1

was that the same show where the drummer messed up a few times and he took a cymbal and threw it into the crowd and just went nuts? and people were smoking and shit and he asked them not to cuz he was sick so he flipped out. i know cedric is a crazy dude but idk if he's gone nuts on a crowd like that more than once.
October 24, 2008 @ 01:04 PM
jaded

I remember listening to one of their songs over and over.. It was like 10 minutes long.. Does anyone know the title? lol

yeah it's every song from every CD they've put out

June 7, 2009 @ 01:13 PM
SFCA

bump for new album; Octahedron.

I feel that Octahedron is definitely a grower. Really cant say too much after 1 listen.

June 7, 2009 @ 01:29 PM
mmoffet

I'm about to see them live this coming weekend at Bonnaroo. They're definitely one of the shows I'm looking forward to most.
June 7, 2009 @ 04:20 PM
jaded

I'm listening to Octahedron right now. I just started it and I think since we've been wrong is really good, so I hope the rest is good.

June 8, 2009 @ 01:04 PM
Hélas

omar rodriguez lopez is so sick. any of you guys also like at the drive in? totally different but still pretty damn good.
June 9, 2009 @ 10:57 AM
ayjayvolta

at-the-drive-in are sick....sick

and mars volta...a phenom live

Please login first to reply.