FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
November 9, 2008 @ 08:15 PM
gaot

what the fuck are you talking about?

shit i know exactly what youre going to say actually.

go on and talk about bands from 25 years ago because that the only hardcore there is.

pointless since there's apparently no interest on the hypebeast forum

whatever... keep using the word hardcore to describe shit that's NOT
November 9, 2008 @ 08:27 PM
gaot

oh and about that bulldoze video and the "tough dudes" in it... they might be tougher than their suburban highschool equivalent, emmure, but how many of those guys actually live in the slums? how many of them are active gang members? how many of them commit felonies for profit? the answer to all of these questions is NONE. that's because the fact is they're just pissed off squares. the "crews" they're in are a joke compared to actual gangs. how hard they flail their arms and punch their dweeb "friends/family" at teh xXxHxXxCxXx shows is the extent of their toughness. i.e. they're a gimmick and any real "tough dude" would laugh at that video. so quit bragging about "NYHC"... there are idiots like them nationwide.

edit: ok, "the only hardcore is from 25 years ago"
November 10, 2008 @ 09:11 AM
gaot

^haha that post was really exaggerated...mostly done for humor. don't take it seriously.

everyone can continue talking about bands jocked on b9...or some scenie weenie bands idc. maybe someone knows the record my name is an acronym of. peace
November 10, 2008 @ 11:45 AM
J THRILLLAH

Anyone familiar with Ringworm? Did not dig the stuff thats released on victory, do they have any early stuff besides The Promise. Although, I was looking through my cds found the promise. Played it during my drive to work, that shit is crucial. Sounded like early Cro-mags with thrash-metal.

Damn, I haven't seen Ringworm in a long time. Last time I saw them, it was one of those shows where... there was a tight band but only five kids came out.

and to all the people saying hardcore isn't around......

I still go to hardcore shows when I can, one of my friends books shows. I can't say how it was back then since, I wasn't around, but I know hardcore is doing well. There will always be those tough guys, skater kids, crust kids, hip hop heads. There's always a band doing a cover by Ten Yard Fight, GB, Judge, Youth of Today, etc. Just to every positive thing in a scene, there's also the negative. I think "crews" are pretty lame these days, especially the ones that talk shit over 'space.

Keep going to shows! Don't like your local scene..... make your own band. DIY!

November 10, 2008 @ 12:01 PM
xdiddykongx

oh and about that bulldoze video and the "tough dudes" in it... they might be tougher than their suburban highschool equivalent, emmure, but how many of those guys actually live in the slums? how many of them are active gang members? how many of them commit felonies for profit? the answer to all of these questions is NONE. that's because the fact is they're just pissed off squares. the "crews" they're in are a joke compared to actual gangs. how hard they flail their arms and punch their dweeb "friends/family" at teh xXxHxXxCxXx shows is the extent of their toughness. i.e. they're a gimmick and any real "tough dude" would laugh at that video. so quit bragging about "NYHC"... there are idiots like them nationwide.

I fucking hate people like you, you have such a warped view of hardcore and thats why it has its bad name. Why don't you go report it on some shitty half-ass documentary on how hardcore sucks since you're so submerged in the scene. You have no idea who any of those kids are, let alone call out everyone in the hardcore scene and tell them they're soft. that's the dumbest shit i've read. You're probably the same kid who thought it was cool to like hardcore then got your glasses broken in half at a show and cried to mommy to order a new pair. Why the fuck do you keep correlating violence with hardcore, thats not what hardcores about. Those "idiots" are all themselves. I know you probably wrote that because you want us hardcore kids to react so you thought it was funny to write a jumbly ass paragraph about what YOU think hardcore is, and the people in it. I hope you got what you wanted. It just makes you seem like an ignorant ass kid.
November 10, 2008 @ 04:12 PM
J THRILLLAH

xdiddykongx

Do you know.. Knock Em Dead from Miami?

November 10, 2008 @ 11:05 PM
xdiddykongx

xdiddykongx

Do you know.. Knock Em Dead from Miami?

yup! good dudes!
November 10, 2008 @ 11:08 PM
Homer[206]

profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=121055213

so fucking sick!

and the first band in there top Drop Dead is the beast
November 11, 2008 @ 12:16 AM
J THRILLLAH

yup! good dudes!

They're on that DVD, Born To Hate Volume. 3, my friend's band on it as well, DTD.

We had a show with Knock Em Dead and they're super chill dudes.

November 12, 2008 @ 01:38 PM
apple eyes

My computer with all my music on it died. does anyone have any good sites I can get bootleg albums on it? I've been looking through some but most of them barely have anything or a bunch of broken links and passwords
November 12, 2008 @ 03:01 PM
S_U_P

this shit is wack as fck listen 2 real musc
November 12, 2008 @ 05:26 PM
Helgen

this shit is wack as fck listen 2 real musc

You're wack as fuck son, why even post here, you make yourself look bad. What, you thought you was cool coming in here with your Supreme avatar dissing music? I can already tell you're a herb ass wannabee, the only thing from Supreme you probably have is the keychain, fuck out my face butt hole.

Anyway, I still listen to Punk, but I'm mostly listening to Misfits, Bad Brains, Exploited, Chronic Generation, some OI shit and what not. I'm not into Punk like I was back then, but I still listen to the music. My boys still be hitting up shows and what not, I go to some every now and then, I'm one of the "all arounders", like the ones who don't look punk at at all but fit in either way.
November 13, 2008 @ 07:35 PM
__Nicholas

modern life is war
November 14, 2008 @ 04:16 PM
gaot

hardcore is short for hardcore punk you fuckin dumb b9 hipster... learn your history.
November 14, 2008 @ 11:23 PM
apple eyes

why do you care so much?
November 15, 2008 @ 01:17 AM
40YROLDVIRGIN

a day to remember is fuckin legit.

im listening to premonitions of war and....

whats the ex vocal singer of deadwaterdrownings new band name ive been looking all over for that shit. its sooo fuckin HEAVY!!!!!
November 15, 2008 @ 01:21 AM
40YROLDVIRGIN

come to CALI-LA-ECHO PARK, EAST LA, SOUTH GATE cool

whats the ex vocal singer of deadwaterdrownings new band name ive been looking all over for that shit. its sooo fuckin HEAVY!!!!!
November 15, 2008 @ 11:13 PM
gaot

why do you care so much?

i don't, i'm just jealous i'm not from boston...so many good bands sad
sell me lockin out merch

come to CALI-LA-ECHO PARK, EAST LA, SOUTH GATE cool

O-KAY

THAT MIGHT BE TOO HARDCORE FOR ME THOUGH, BRO
November 16, 2008 @ 02:04 PM
gaot

youre a moron, the genre has evolved drastically over the years so far from where it originally started that [SIZE="2"]it can't even be considered hardcore punk anymore cause the shit doesnt sound the same[/SIZE]. Helgan was talking about the exploited and other bands like that (aside from bad brains), which aren't hardcore at all and that's what I was referring to.

Stop being some cool jaded 21 year old and shut the fuck up

you're supporting my point.

why did you DIFFERENTIATE hardcore and hardcore punk?

everyone has a different opinion on when hardcore stops being hardcore, INCLUDING YOU. you said "a day to remember" isn't hardcore, but A LOT of people would say they ARE, so who is right? for me it's easy... everything people called hardcore in the first wave(1978-1984) is the only pure, unbastardized, authentic hardcore. that's where all the classics are that laid the foundation for every other "hardcore" band after that. hardcore could have only come out of that period in time by those people.

i know all about how it "evolved" ok... the 2nd/3rd/4th/5th generation of kids either weakened it or fucked it up. but, believe it or not there ARE hardcore bands today that actually sound like hardcore, don't have a myspace, and play shows promoted via word of mouth, in which the people don't do contrived dance moves they practiced in front of their mom's full-body mirror and sing-along to stupid lyrics. you just don't know about them because you're all about these bands jocked on b9, which i was all about in highschool too, until i realized the general lameness/gimmickiness/hipsterness of that scene... all those bands are ONLY one step closer to hardcore than the scenie weenie/bree metal shit...but not hardcore.
May 25, 2009 @ 01:58 PM
J THRILLLAH

Found this in my room today. Loved this!

May 25, 2009 @ 02:55 PM
Jaylib

^^^ that looks cool as fuck haha
May 25, 2009 @ 10:06 PM
tspence

Nice to see there are others into hardcore and punk here. I love Cro-Mags, Leeway, Bad Brains, Madball and a million more. I've been going to shows since I was a grom, but have started listening to a lot more hip-hop and soul in the last few years.
May 25, 2009 @ 10:13 PM
Brosef

FUCKING LOVE HARDCORE, this new hardcore shit (as in scene kid hardcore, not new "real" hardcore) sucks and is terrible. I kinda like some of that new sxe hxc though.
May 26, 2009 @ 01:29 PM
BLOODYMINDED

can't fuck with these duuudes...
May 26, 2009 @ 10:30 PM
Sweet No. 1

Wearin' a Trash Talk Tee right now
May 27, 2009 @ 09:23 AM
apple eyes

self titled album and walking disease > plagues
May 27, 2009 @ 11:58 AM
May 27, 2009 @ 01:08 PM
thrashzoo

jenny piccolo is the greatest band of all time.
May 27, 2009 @ 02:44 PM
BLOODYMINDED

need more metal here...soo:

book of black earth - this is TJ's(Actual Pain) metal band. he does the vocals and plays guitar. good shit!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuCc_TNwBjw
"poison free canadian power violence" -seriously fucking rad!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=20NZXXW0ixg
head bangers!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hwx0tmbLHk
May 27, 2009 @ 03:37 PM
Sweet No. 1

Jellyroll Rockheads are now considered oldies? uhhhh

Please login first to reply.