Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
October 2, 2008 @ 01:12 PM
klump

basically, its the only type of bands that play around here to which is the worst part, emmure and cdc have played that same venue 3 or 4 times in the last year, that show was good though because a girl a gun a ghost opened for them and it was really refreshing
October 2, 2008 @ 03:02 PM
Toledus

thats because emmure sucks, and people that listen to ammure are fuckos

10000000% BACKED

lol I played the vid and immediately turned it off.
October 2, 2008 @ 04:08 PM
ends!

bring me the horizon's new album has good music, bad vocals. yeah i said it.

n/h.

totally gay. But not as gay as everything else they've done.

idk about where you guys are from but over here noone 2 steps or any of that gay shit, discuss

Its ridiculous here. Its pretty much just new era's with fringes underneath pretending to be the tazmanian devil. Were scottish though so we like da fightinz

Some local shit to me if you cunts want to check out:
http://www.myspace.com/bymyhands
http://www.myspace.com/brokenoath
http://www.myspace.com/theburningscarsofbetrayal

Not so local stuff but still good dirty uk shit:
http://www.myspace.com/knuckledustlbu
http://www.myspace.com/takingnames
http://www.myspace.com/sixftditchukhc
http://www.myspace.com/trchardcore

Ridiculous amount of myspace links but i dont give a fuck.

And emmure are pretty gay as well. Like every band ever now does that dischord beatdown shit or whatever. My girlfriend likes them.
October 2, 2008 @ 04:27 PM
dynamiteden

set your goals is all i listen to anymore.
October 2, 2008 @ 04:52 PM
klump

set your goals is all i listen to anymore.

set your goals
FOR THE WIN
October 2, 2008 @ 04:55 PM
dynamiteden

nice, man. i'm excited for the new album to drop.
October 2, 2008 @ 05:14 PM
klump

fuck a new album, its all about their first ep for me
October 2, 2008 @ 11:12 PM
Toledus

YES! I just spent the last 2 hours of work running about listening to this.

I still dont get the hate on mutiny though its pretty similar but I am not holding my breath for the new cd thats for sure.
October 2, 2008 @ 11:47 PM
Nite

minor threat and 80's agnostic front

all day today

cool
October 2, 2008 @ 11:50 PM
dynamiteden

you can't stay stuck on Reset, i can only listen to goonies never say die so many times before i go back to mutiny.
October 3, 2008 @ 12:20 AM
Alphanumeric

minor threat and 80's agnostic front

all day today

cool

From the east coast!
October 3, 2008 @ 08:34 AM
klump

you can't stay stuck on Reset, i can only listen to goonies never say die so many times before i go back to mutiny.

true but reset is just my jam i can listen to it on repeat all day, mutiny isnt bad i just think theres to many filler songs and they just arent as good, the first couple songs and last couple songs are good though, just cant listen to the whole cd through
October 3, 2008 @ 02:28 PM
car bomb

Lately, my favorite "-core" release has been Amber Gray by Gridlink.
The new Fucked Up album is solid, too.
October 3, 2008 @ 02:34 PM
dynamiteden

true but reset is just my jam i can listen to it on repeat all day, mutiny isnt bad i just think theres to many filler songs and they just arent as good, the first couple songs and last couple songs are good though, just cant listen to the whole cd through

i wouldn't call them "filler songs," they're all songs with a message and they happen to blend together. Mutiny is just a fun album, i can listen to the entire thing 5 times through and still love it.
October 3, 2008 @ 03:01 PM
roastbeef

if your not listening to living hell these days, you're basically living under a rock.. killers from NY..

Also TRAPPED UNDER ICE from Bmore, these guys are living in the street basically out there and doing shows to stay up.. this is why they have all my respect
October 3, 2008 @ 04:31 PM
roastbeef

I D S

Instant Death Squad.
October 3, 2008 @ 05:11 PM
BLOODYMINDED

What? No one's reppin the westcoast? Shhiiitt....
October 3, 2008 @ 07:14 PM
roastbeef

What? No one's reppin the westcoast? Shhiiitt....

all I have to say about that is first blood "killafornia", sick album and can't wait for the new release. talk about reality hardcore, love their shit.
October 3, 2008 @ 07:51 PM
billygoat

converge
October 3, 2008 @ 10:07 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

Right Brigade is so fucking brutal. I love to listen to that song at full volume and just assault my ears lol. But nah, on some G shit, I downloaded MIA by the Germs like 6 or 7 months ago and I swear to god, it just get's exponentially more awesome every time I listen to it

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

October 4, 2008 @ 01:20 AM
Toledus

errr yea thats wack as fuck. idk what i was supposed to see, but all i saw was a bunch of shaggy haired kids.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZXcyC7g2zE

this isnt even bad but its the only thing i can think of to give an example of ny.
when bulldoze played, watch noone does anything really until like 1:40 and then people get fuckin ROCKED. bulldoze is a NYHC band in hells angels and dms. they call out another ny crew at 1:40 IDS, some of them are in the latin kings i think. these aint some little white kids dancing, theyre some tough ass dudes.

Not to be a dick or naive but a whole bunch of people in the vid are most def "hardcore dancing," it seems quite blatant. The only difference between that and here is that in miami for some reason there is an unspoken rule to the pit -- stand in a line facing the band, stand next to your friends, when someone outside your friend group enters your designated line you are expected to beat them down. I have no clue where or how this happened but everyone seems to follow this. Its the scramo shows where everyone is just running about flailing and grooming.
October 4, 2008 @ 01:32 AM
Toledus

still searching for a real show that is not lame to showcase what its like here

best I can do right now:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtDb1QvRXG0
October 4, 2008 @ 01:40 AM
xdiddykongx

parkway came to sd theyre fucking sick live

ive been listening to alot of

a day to remember

four years strong

and bring me the horizon

keep bring me the horizon out of this thread. they are not related to hardcore, and never will be. Dumbest fucking band.
October 4, 2008 @ 01:43 AM
xdiddykongx

Right Brigade is so fucking brutal. I love to listen to that song at full volume and just assault my ears lol. But nah, on some G shit, I downloaded MIA by the Germs like 6 or 7 months ago and I swear to god, it just get's exponentially more awesome every time I listen to it

right brigade is fucking hard. hard as fucking nails
October 4, 2008 @ 01:50 AM
xdiddykongx

errr yea thats wack as fuck. idk what i was supposed to see, but all i saw was a bunch of shaggy haired kids.

this isnt even bad but its the only thing i can think of to give an example of ny.
when bulldoze played, watch noone does anything really until like 1:40 and then people get fuckin ROCKED. bulldoze is a NYHC band in hells angels and dms. they call out another ny crew at 1:40 IDS, some of them are in the latin kings i think. these aint some little white kids dancing, theyre some tough ass dudes.

i know NY has a lot of fun shows. my friend lives out there and says they're awesome. I love pretty much the majority of old NYHC bands. Been jammin to subzero and youth of today recently, got some old demos and ep's ... amazing bands

bulldoze is hard, literally. tough guy NYHC for sure
October 4, 2008 @ 02:23 AM
Toledus

October 4, 2008 @ 10:21 AM
Toledus

i said no one 2 steps not no one hardcore dances. and you hit your friends, you hit everyone theres no rules. maybe its just because this is all ive ever been exposed to, but when i started seeing vids of kids from other scenes all standing 5 feet away from each other and scratching the air i dont see a purpose.

every time i post though someone will say im whats wrong with hardcore when they come from a nothing scene ( not saying you, just in general this happens).so ill just say what i think anyway.

hardcore has embraced the weak for being weak which i think is bullshit. so quick to label everything "tuff guy" if you cant handle a show than you dont belong in hardcore. this shits gotten so watered down and is nothing at all compared to the JUDGE days. fuck you if you say its all tough guys, because you want to buy all the new merch, put your fist in the air and sing all the lyrics you studied before a show, and you get hit by someone dancing. once you step foot in the bar/venue you better be on the defensive.
hit and get hit. hold your fucking own, dont cry about it. remember its HARDCORE. rick ta life would be ashamed of some one you lolol.

Disclaimer: this is my opinion, maybe its different from yours but this is based off what i know from my scene, so yours may differ

This is def something I agree with and always have. I never understood people getting heated over being hit and I never understood the "unspoken rule" I am so used to.

I thought you said no dancing I guess I misread but videos like you posted are what I had in my head as a ny show. NY bands just play a totaly dif breed of hardcore, all the old school shit and new heads keeping it alive is so much better than the new stuff being pumped out -- where every song is basically filler, breakdown, over.

The only times I understand no one getting hurt at a show is at like GCF or BANE
October 4, 2008 @ 12:20 PM
klump

i dont know about not getting hurt at bane, i saw them las tnight and got kicked by a stage diver =[

all lols of course
October 4, 2008 @ 02:42 PM
car bomb

My problem with a lot of the "tough guy" stuff is that it results in really shitty music. I never have and never will like NYHC.
October 4, 2008 @ 10:02 PM
Toledus

saying you do not like NYHC is like saying you don't like hardcore in general at all PERIOD.

Please login first to reply.