February 13, 2009 @ 03:40 PM
DJ Lunch Box

Hold up, Drake + Peter, Bjorn & John? That shit had me fallen out my chair, fucking fuego por favor please believe it!!
February 13, 2009 @ 03:49 PM
bouillabaisse

November 18th is that song man, he is so versatile.
February 13, 2009 @ 04:00 PM
Fisticuffs

Cp3cool
February 13, 2009 @ 04:19 PM
unknown force.

i don't see whats so epic sad
February 13, 2009 @ 05:22 PM
LukeShoeWalker

I think he's just aight i dont get the big hype about him, but there are deffinatley some tracks on here that i could just chill too
February 13, 2009 @ 05:32 PM
Muff Rider

shits coo
not worth me stayin up till 12 and never even came

Lurk'in Since 06

February 13, 2009 @ 05:48 PM
SOJ

there's a lot more like, singing than usual
February 13, 2009 @ 05:55 PM
ChicaGo-Getter

Everyone who thinks he's just aight have to hear his other shit. Judging him soley by this mixtape is like judging Wayne by only listening to The Carter III. I def didn't/wouldn't wait up all night for it. Shit's not that serious considering it'll still be ther when you wake up, lol. But the shit is dope.
February 13, 2009 @ 06:41 PM
Crooksdakix

this mixtpae could be an album!
haha shit is dope
February 13, 2009 @ 07:04 PM
R2D2

all hype...pretty lackluster mixtape if you ask me. but to each their own...

IMO drake sucks

February 13, 2009 @ 07:22 PM
R2D2

i mean i gave drake a few chances and i really tried to listen to him but i just dont see why people love him so much...i just hear mediocre lyricism and some semi-homo singing ....no offense to anyone who likes him ..but people hype up these newcomers but they just arent what people make them out to be..the game is completely stale and i dont think there is anything fresh or new about artists like drake..and even so...okay thats cool just stick to the basics and be dope in that sense..but he still doesnt pull it off for me..he tries very very very hard...but just always dissapoints me

February 13, 2009 @ 07:23 PM
koedog.

this mixtape is POPPIIN

it's funny, a few of the songs reminded me of 808's & Heartbreak.. and it turns out he used Kanye's Say You Will beat on one of the songs

@KOEsher INSTAGRAM & TWITTER

February 13, 2009 @ 07:24 PM
DeezNuts

Dope as fuck
February 13, 2009 @ 07:37 PM
D

This shit is GOOD. I'm a little late on Drake-wagon, but w/e.
February 13, 2009 @ 07:48 PM
SantoAngelo

Personally, I think the whole thing was great. It had some really great standout tracks, and you cant please everyone with every record. My favourite non-leaked jawns were Houstalantavegas, Sucessful, and Best I Ever Had.

As far as haters go, everyone is entitled to there own opinion. It's true drake may not be re-inventing the wheel, and I didnt expect him too, but he is doing a great job musically. I listened to his old mixtaped before I pressed play on this one. It seems like he has figured out his style on this joint. IMO the mixtape plays like an album.

For me a lot of it is hometown pride. I dont know anyone in the Canadian Hip Hop industry in the "commercial" side of things. Puttin on for us like Drizzy.
February 13, 2009 @ 07:56 PM
Exo

I like this a lot. Heartbreak Drake was pretty good too
February 13, 2009 @ 09:03 PM
Brooklyn_718

Its ok I think saying "Drake is that Nigg@ got damnnn this is hot etc." is hype because I don't see it. Maybe I need to give it a few more spins after MM3 and Bar Exam 2 my standards are high. It has more singing than I thought it would but honestly for his age and coming up he is extremely talented. Decent singer good rapper. This actually sounds like he worked hard on it November 18th is my favorite song.
February 13, 2009 @ 09:21 PM
SantoAngelo

Maybe I need to give it a few more spins after MM2 and Bar Exam 2 my standards are high.

fixed.
February 13, 2009 @ 09:22 PM
todrunk2walk

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQJFHcZJbLY&eurl=http://hypetrak.com/&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
February 13, 2009 @ 09:59 PM
SantoAngelo

I think people might have been more satisfied if the majority of the best songs hadn't been out for months.
February 13, 2009 @ 10:14 PM
TStyles

aight, cool then go comment in your own shit fam. I'm not holding a gun to your head to be in this one. You tried to get me with the I got the shit first, and i gave you what you wanted: proof.

you're seriously acting like a bitch about nothing. Is it that important to post it first? my point wasnt that i posted it before you, hurray, it was that there was already a Drake - So Far Gone thread that had the link in it, i didn't see the reasoning for a whole nother thread for the same purpose. But if being first is that important to you, you had it first... suprised

Its really not that serious, chill the fuck out.

[SIZE="1"]But i posted it first, go back and look at the times. Theres the proof for you...[/SIZE]
razz
February 13, 2009 @ 10:21 PM
scrm

Just downloaded it and the link has 30k downloads
February 13, 2009 @ 11:03 PM
extrodinaire

Theirs a reason why this site is called hypebeast...and this mixtape is the reason why...I think DRake is real talented and he far from sucks...but I think this mixtape is a little overrrated!!. kanye did singing joints better then the joints on this mixtape and he got hated on... yes i know yea used autotune...but still...I just don't see all the hype... guess its just me...no doubt hes a dope lyricist but i'm just not buying all the hype...I gotta give him props though cause he's Canadian and he's one of the better mcees doing it!!!...but i'll wait to hear his album.
February 13, 2009 @ 11:05 PM
ChicaGo-Getter

fixed.

Word. MM2 > MM3.
February 13, 2009 @ 11:11 PM
sellme

This shit is hot, but Comeback Season was better IMO. Regardless, Drizzy gonna do big things and I'm definitely supporting my Canadian brethren.
February 13, 2009 @ 11:12 PM
DENN!S

drizzy drake is that dude

DiamondSupplyCo.com || @DennisTodisco on everything

February 13, 2009 @ 11:22 PM
AlwayS_DreSSeD

this shit is dope... this > comeback season imo

"stand on my money you can headbutt yao ming" wow wayne went in on ignant shit

www.NickyDsss.com

February 14, 2009 @ 12:34 AM
SantoAngelo

you're seriously acting like a bitch about nothing. Is it that important to post it first? my point wasnt that i posted it before you, hurray, it was that there was already a Drake - So Far Gone thread that had the link in it, i didn't see the reasoning for a whole nother thread for the same purpose. But if being first is that important to you, you had it first... suprised

Its really not that serious, chill the fuck out.

[SIZE="1"]But i posted it first, go back and look at the times. Theres the proof for you...[/SIZE]
razz

U Mad?

lol.

Get at me when you address my second point. The I posted it first shit was really just a blow at what you initially opened your mouth about, cool you posted the shit a minute before me. It doesn't even matter cause I was probably writing something about the shit while you posted it.

I cant check the own thread I'm starting meanwhile checking the old thread to see if there's a link. I could have a computer, laptop, and iphone, but I;m not about to check all three. I don't dickride the forums for specific's . Granted, I have called people out for double posting. But that's been a matter of people being lazy and double posting the same thread just becuase the didn't use the search.

Also, I see your trying to call me out on the first non-sesnse. Like i mentioned before hand I managed to post it on my site, and start a thread with my thoughts at the time on here, not just drop a link, and you want to talk reckless becuase our posts were a minute off from each other.

At the end of the day. I see you completely neglected my strongest point, which was if you wanted a link to the tape, would you want to a) look through a thread full of anticipation comments, or B) A new thread with a link right at the top of the first page for you.

I said I wouldn't say anything more about this. I don't think I have too. At the end of the day, which thread is everyone checking for MINE, and which one are you posting in MINE. Don't run around and tell me I'm acting like a bitch when you could've easily just seen another thread about it and ignored it if you wished.

So I gave you a the real reason behind the new thread, and unless you cant read or are completely illiterate asshole it should get through your head, but just in case your that stupid I'ma break it down for you through a valid argument.

1. If making a new thread would result in an easier download of Drake's So Far Gone for the members of HB forums, then making a new thread was necessary.
2. making a new thread would result in an easier download of Drake's So Far Gone for the members of HB forums
3. Therefore, making a new thread was necessary

smile
February 14, 2009 @ 01:08 AM
illy

<33333333333
February 14, 2009 @ 01:39 AM
Brooklyn_718

I personally think So Far Gone is better than both of those mixtapes. Not to say either was bad but MM3 just lived in MM2's shadow and Bar Exam 2 was cool but too much rapping not enough song nah mean?

Wow your in the HYPE of things right now.....We are talking about BE2 critically Accalmed got Mixtape of the year on plenty hip hop sites. Bar Exam 2 is full of songs 90% of the mixtape has a song with a hook thought provoking lyrics IDK what mixtape you were listening to.

I like Drake but I don't think this was the best follow up for Comeback Season. Don't get me wrong I like it...Its better than 90% of the crap put out by these rappers sounds like more work was put in. Drake is talented and I'm looking forward to his album. However, I'm not gonna be an HypeMonster and lie to myself and say So Far Gone is better than Bar Exam 2 lol Com on that's BS.

Please login first to reply.