Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
February 15, 2009 @ 07:43 PM
bloxheads

i think Good Music is perfect for his style. Ye, Drake, and Cudi sounds much better.

that would be the worst thing. i dont like ye' and i really dislike that kid cudi guy. i would rather seen drake on bad boy before seeing him on fucking good music. good music is full of old ass men rapping about fashion and dumb shit like the're my age.........even tho sa-ra and john legend rock......young money is cool with me.
February 15, 2009 @ 07:43 PM
NZOO

It's aight..shit reminds me of early kanye.

Don't badmind me.

February 15, 2009 @ 08:15 PM
Offcer Lauce

that would be the worst thing. i dont like ye' and i really dislike that kid cudi guy. i would rather seen drake on bad boy before seeing him on fucking good music. good music is full of old ass men rapping about fashion and dumb shit like the're my age.........even tho sa-ra and john legend rock......young money is cool with me.
Exactly.

As long as Wayne is in YM, Drake can co-exist. Cuz wayne is very diverse in what he can rap about, so it sort of gives Drake that opportunity.

"Good music" = boring shit.
February 15, 2009 @ 08:18 PM

Inactive

Young Money has actually not only helped his career but his flow as well. Being around Wayne made him switch up his flow to a more melodic style and it has made him all the better. Plus YM is closer to his age hence the YOUNG and the popularity that wayne is experiencing could easily open the dorr for Drake even further. ANd, maximum Wayne presence is fine with me, hasnt hurt him thus far.
February 15, 2009 @ 08:51 PM
ChicaGo-Getter

Yeah YM is the perfect label for him to be affiliated with. G.O.O.D Music (even though I like them) is filled with a bunch of old ass psuedo Hip Hop/fashion purists who think they're better than they actually are. It'd be a bad fit for him, imo.

Plus him and Wayne have undeniable chemistry. And suprisingly he fits in perfect when on the same track as the rest of the clique.

Have you heard "Every Girl" which is suppose to be the first single off the YM compilation album? That shit sounds amazing. Like they been crew for years.

And to whoever asked "Houstatlantavegas" was produced by 40. He did most of the production on the mixtape. Along with the usual suspects Boi-1da and D-10.
February 15, 2009 @ 08:54 PM
Joweee

*****s wack
February 15, 2009 @ 08:55 PM
Joweee

wtf why they censoring my fav word =[
wack ass *****s
February 15, 2009 @ 09:00 PM

Inactive

shut up *****
February 15, 2009 @ 09:58 PM
Fisticuffs

Bad Boy? Drake will end up a ghost writer and broke from Puff eating his publishing. Plus, Puff has creative control over every project.

Signing to Good isn't about Cudi and Ye doing verses it's about branding. You think Drake would fit better on a tour w/Baby, Tyga, and some hood rappers or NERD, Lupe, Common, etc.? As for your "old ass men rapping about fashion" comment, no one on Good talks about fashion but Ye. Common, Cudi, Legend, Cons, and Glc don't even talk about fashion. Taz doesn't even speak on it in his music. Drake actually raps about clothes more than any Good artist besides Ye.

The thing about Ye is he gives his artists freedom. Drake could keep his producers plus have access to Ye, Sa-Ra, and Legend not to mention Ye's ties to Jay and Jut Blaze. Ye is surrounded by veterans who can provide guidance to a new artist. YM is irrelevent besides Wayne. Wayne has yet to launch a successful artist on YM not to mention dude is always high or sipping syrup. I don't want my biggest connect to be an addict.

Young Money has actually not only helped his career but his flow as well. Being around Wayne made him switch up his flow to a more melodic style and it has made him all the better. Plus YM is closer to his age hence the YOUNG and the popularity that wayne is experiencing could easily open the dorr for Drake even further. ANd, maximum Wayne presence is fine with me, hasnt hurt him thus far.

Let's look at Cudi, without opinions on his music, but from a purely business sense. Cudi has performed on the MTV awards, has a song getting radio spins, a XXL cover, a cameo on a platinum album, and has everyone from Jim Jones to Collie Budz remixing his song. Cudi has done this off 1 mixtape. Drake is on his 3rd mixtape and hasn't accomplished as much as Cudi. Good Music is the better connect period.

Let me clarify, I'm cool w/an association to Wayne but not YM. What has YM accomplished? They dropped Tyga's album and he flopped. Good Music has Common who's a vet and can teach Drake a lot. Legend can help him w/his R&B song writing. GM has hits. Com became a mainstream success after signing w/Ye. Legend is a multi-platinum star. Tyga, Jae Millz, and Minaj are not likely to blow. This is cut and dry. GM's associations are far stronger.

Ye's cosign gives you the mainstream. Com's cosign gives you the MC respect. Legend gives you the R&B stamp. That covers more bases then Wayne can.

Ask yourself this, why did Drake not sign w/YM? Wayne's an addict and learned the business from Baby who jerked all his artists. Ye's artists seem happy.
February 15, 2009 @ 10:06 PM
bloxheads

Bad Boy? Drake will end up a ghost writer and broke from Puff eating his publishing. Plus, Puff has creative control over every project.

Signing to Good isn't about Cudi and Ye doing verses it's about branding. You think Drake would fit better on a tour w/Baby, Tyga, and some hood rappers or NERD, Lupe, Common, etc.? As for your "old ass men rapping about fashion" comment, no one on Good talks about fashion but Ye. Common, Cudi, Legend, Cons, and Glc don't even talk about fashion. Taz doesn't even speak on it in his music. Drake actually raps about clothes more than any Good artist besides Ye.

The thing about Ye is he gives his artists freedom. Drake could keep his producers plus have access to Ye, Sa-Ra, and Legend not to mention Ye's ties to Jay and Jut Blaze. Ye is surrounded by veterans who can provide guidance to a new artist. YM is irrelevent besides Wayne. Wayne has yet to launch a successful artist on YM not to mention dude is always high or sipping syrup. I don't want my biggest connect to be an addict.

Let's look at Cudi, without opinions on his music, but from a purely business sense. Cudi has performed on the MTV awards, has a song getting radio spins, a XXL cover, a cameo on a platinum album, and has everyone from Jim Jones to Collie Budz remixing his song. Cudi has done this off 1 mixtape. Drake is on his 3rd mixtape and hasn't accomplished as much as Cudi. Good Music is the better connect period.

Let me clarify, I'm cool w/an association to Wayne but not YM. What has YM accomplished? They dropped Tyga's album and he flopped. Good Music has Common who's a vet and can teach Drake a lot. Legend can help him w/his R&B song writing. GM has hits. Com became a mainstream success after signing w/Ye. Legend is a multi-platinum star. Tyga, Jae Millz, and Minaj are not likely to blow. This is cut and dry. GM's associations are far stronger.

Ye's cosign gives you the mainstream. Com's cosign gives you the MC respect. Legend gives you the R&B stamp. That covers more bases then Wayne can.

Ask yourself this, why did Drake not sign w/YM? Wayne's an addict and learned the business from Baby who jerked all his artists. Ye's artists seem happy.

dude. shut the fuck up. dont ever disrespect n.e.r.d. like that.....look, good music a fucking gay, cudi is gay and that day and night song is gay. no shit he shouldnt sign to bad boy dumbass, i was making an example...and common giving drake advice is like martin luther king jr. giving advice to fucking hitler. two different mind states you fucking loser. i'm really mad right now. stfu and get off of kanyes dickhead..........drake is way better off on young money insted of some gay ass consious hip hop label. and conz and GLC dont talk about clothing? stfu
February 15, 2009 @ 10:10 PM
TStyles

dude. shut the fuck up. dont ever disrespect n.e.r.d. like that.....look, good music a fucking gay, cudi is gay and that day and night song is gay. no shit he shouldnt sign to bad boy dumbass, i was making an example...and common giving drake advice is like martin luther king jr. giving advice to fucking hitler. two different mind states you fucking loser. i'm really mad right now. stfu and get off of kanyes dickhead..........drake is way better off on young money insted of some gay ass consious hip hop label. and conz and GLC dont talk about clothing? stfu

why don't you go back and read that again...not sure where he disrespected NERD...
IMO Cudi is a good up and coming artist, just like Drake. And who's Hitler, Drake or Common...|0
I actually think Good Music may be a better fit artistically for Drake also. Wayne does his thing, but who else on YM does?
February 15, 2009 @ 10:24 PM

Inactive

Nothing in Drakes style or music has really shown that he would be a great fit with GOOD music. Sure GOOD does some pretty decent stuff with their artists but ask YOUR self what have they done with any other artists besides the established acts. You can say how much Kanye has done for Cudi but its all preliminary. CUdi has had some mainstream exposure but he hasnt done much other then some TV appearances and remixes yet. It all remains to be seen until Cudi actually drops an album. You mention him yet you fail to leave out the several artists that Kanye had on the label before Cudi? What happened to Consequenses promotion? GLC's album? Really Doe? Fonzworth? The fact is, GOOD has BEEN having exposure for years and a hot artist in Kanye and they have only 3 artists that have actually sold anything or are popular...1 is Kanye the other is Common who already had a following and the third is a R&B singer, John Legend. The truth is allot of the artists on GOOD may not EVER come out with an album.

Im thinking people would rather see Drake with GOOD because they prefer the artists or rather the main artist, Kanye. Drake's entire aura has never been that of the artsy, soulful type which is what you can find of any of the artist that Kanye actually pays attention to on GOOD. While Young Money hasn't had major success with their artists you have to ask yourself who have they really had? Mac Maine, Currency (who has left) and Wayne have basically been the ONLY artists until the last couple of years. Wayne has only been this popular the last few years and he only dropped another album within the last year. So really you're basing it off of a label who has only dropped 2 albums from 2 artists..Wayne and Tyga..and yes...the Tyga album flopped, but that happens...there has been a flop on GOOD as well, its not like someone is immune because of the artist that are associated. Furthermore, the target audience of Drake's reputation with teenage girls is much more conducive to being with Wayne then Kanye, and Common or anyone at GOOD records add that to the fact that Wayne and Drake have excellent chemistry.

And so maybe Drake would be heads and shoulders above the other label mates, but seriously...what record label do you know that has a roster filled with Michael Jordans? The fact that Drake and Wayne would be sharing label space is impressive enough. Plus, YM is just an affiliation. He fux with YM but he has his own label deal and clique Asthma Team. Its just for exposure and its worked very well so far, and yes that's even if he didnt have a remix by an electro group or a spot on MTV. If you look at it, the internet and mixtape hustle was how Wayne moved his fame and game up anyway. So it all seems to be running smoothly of u ask me.
February 15, 2009 @ 11:04 PM
SantoAngelo

I believe its more about the artist. I don't know why people are saying he wouldn't fit on GOOD, when most of his album sounds like 808's. I think if anything Drake brings crazy diversity to the table, like sampling Lykke and Peter John & Bjorn is very unexpected. If you listen to comeback season back then I would've thought a move GOOD music was a no brainer.

Still GOOD music like Sub mentioned have a gang of artist's on their plate. Drake is more street than artsy, so YM makes sense, but in the long run I agree that being around GOOD music artists would better influence him. I am so glad no other Young Money artists are on this mixtape cause expect for Wayne YM is w/e. On the flip side if he was fucking with Kanye and brought on Cudi for a track that would've been cool with me. At the end of the day whatever he's doing is working, and he should ride it out with YM.

I don't know how realistic it is to say that being on GOOD would benefit his career more. He just need's money put behind him. I would love to see him work with Kanye, and all the greats in the game. They need to work on getting his album out, and making sure it has the right marketing behind it. It would be stupid as fuck if he didnt release an album this year. Labels love letting the hype of an artist die down, and it would be a deadly mistake to do that with Drake.
February 15, 2009 @ 11:09 PM
Offcer Lauce

"and Ill take probabtion
I dont want that T.I or vick vacatioin
Private plane, pick location
Im goin to the bank to make a big donation
Yeah i dont stunt, I stunt hard
and if the food aint on the stove I hunt for it
But in the mean time u can call me young Roy
Jones junior fighting the guns and drug charge
Shiiiit dont leave me ungarded
and im a cheese head, word to vince lombardi
Word to martin martin, leave a snitch T-parted
all that blood like the red tea party
My gun go crazy like its retarded
red light on it like its recording
I aint recoding im just C4'ing, my currency foreign
We are in a league they arent
Better dig in ya pocket and pay omage
Better cover your eyes ya face falling
Watch the game from the side im play calling
No I didnt say that im flawless
but I damn sure dont tarnish
My pistol got comments for ur garments
Im so high i could vomit on a commet
KY, no homo, im on it
Weezy f baby new born bitch
You kno what they say about when your palm itch?
Im goin get money, money im goin get
Young money in ya tummy and we goin shit
and get that toilet paper..."

etc im tired of typing lol. Best Verse on the entire mixtape and from wayne in a minute. Damn
February 15, 2009 @ 11:31 PM
Fisticuffs

Nothing in Drakes style or music has really shown that he would be a great fit with GOOD music. Sure GOOD does some pretty decent stuff with their artists but ask YOUR sekl what have they done with any other artists besides the established acts. You can say how much Kanye has done for Cudi but its all preliminary. CUdi has had some mainstream exposure but he hasnt done much other then some TV appearances and remixes yet. You mention him yet you fail to leave out the several artsist that Kanye had on the label before Cudi? What happened to Consequenses promotion? GLC's album? Really DOe? Fonzworth? The fact is, GOOD has BEEN having exposure and a hot artist and they have only 3 artists that have actually sold anything or are popular...1 is Kanye the other is Common who already had a following and the third is a R&B singer. The truth is allot of the artists on GOOD may not EVER come out with an album.

I knew this was coming. GLC, Really Doe, and Cons are not artists who translate to the mainstream regardless of where they sign. Ye put his boys on. GM is an imprint w/no distribution so they'd be better going indie.

Com was established but never had the consistent mainstream success until joining Good.

Legend was Ye's artist from jump. Yes he's R&B but Drake sings too.

Count Cons and them as failures. Take away Com. Wait and see w/Cudi. GM still broke a multi-plat artist.

Wayne has Tyga and Curren$y left years ago. So in about 3 years YM dropped 1 album. So I'll use your words and say,"the truth is allot of the artists on Young Money may not EVER come out with an album."

Who would you sign with?

Im thinking people would rather see Drake with GOOD becase they perfer the artists or rather the main artist, Kanye. Drakes's entire auro has never been that of thae artsy, soulful type which is what you can find of any of the artsist that Kanye actually pays attention to on GOOD. WHile Young Money hasnt had major succes with their artists you have to ask yourself who have they really had? Mac Maine, Currency (who has left) and Wayne have basically been the ONLY artsist until the last couple of years. So really you're basing it off of a label who has only dropped 2 albums from 2 artists..wayne and tyga..and yes...the Tyga album flopped, but that happens...there has been a flop on GOOD as well, its not like someone is immune because of the artsist that are associated. FUrthermore, the target audience of Drake's reputation with teengae girls is much more conducive to being with Wayne then Kanye, Common or anyone at GOOD records add that to the fact that Wayne and Drake have excellent chemistry.

No, this is not about Kanye vs Wayne as artists. This is about business. Right now GM has a tangible track record. YM has none. You can sign w/the Celtics or the Thunder. I'll go w/the vets over the expansion team. Despite Cons flopping and GLC not dropping I've yet to hear them complain. I take it they're eating. Wayne comes from Cash Money who jerked everyone. Currency leaving is a red flag. Again, I don't want my boss to be an addict. Wayne can make $ for Wayne but are his artists eating?

And so maybe Drake would be heads and shoulders above the other label mates, but seriously...what record label do you know that has a roster filled iwth Michael Jordans? The fact that Drake and Wayne would be sharing label space is impressive enough. Plus, YM is just an affiliation. He fux with YM buthe has his own label deal and clique. Its just for exposure and its worked very well so far, and yes thats even if he didnt have a remix by an electro group or a pot on TV. If you look at it, the internet and mixtape hustle was how Wayne moved his fame and game up anyway. So it all seems to be running smoothly of u ask me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Drake piggy backing Wayne. Him not signing w/YM shows he has a good team in his ear.

There was a video w/Drake and YM backstage. They were acting real ignorant. Drake just sat on the side and eventually walked out quietly. He looked real outta place. They're street and he's the odd man out. It's a bizarre fit. There aren't any rap clique labels but the Roc, Good, YM, G Unit, FnF, Grand Hustle, DTP, Jim & Juelz's shit, Shady, and DTP.

They're all pretty street save for Good and FnF. I'm saying that if Drake did sign or associate Good is the best fit financially and maybe artistically. Not to mention the networking opportunities since Ye has broad affiliations like Nike and LV.

As for the artsy stuff that's Ye, Taz, Don, and Fonz. Cons ain't into that and GLC and Realy Doe are kinda street. Drake can still be Drake.
February 15, 2009 @ 11:42 PM
!OhYesHeDid!

Why do yall like Drake so much? Every thread with his name on it goes for like 30 pages. I dont understand the HB love for him. Must be the degrassi
February 15, 2009 @ 11:46 PM

Inactive

We can cherry pick who we want to have in the discussion or who we dont. But if you're talking an entire record label then we cant just put the artists in that have only been successful to boost your argument. Ok, so Really Doe and Cons and GLC are Kanye's mans? What do you think Mac Maine or Currency was? Teenage friends from New Orleans and using YOUR words "with no real commercial appeal". So using your reasoning, take away Tyga as a failure and wait and see w/Drake.

Young Money hasn't been that popular as a label except for the last few years. So while Kanye was breaking Legend, Wayne was still in his mixtape hustle trying to gain fame and respect. The other artists on Young Money arent gonna sell if the main artist, Wayne, was only this big within the last few years. Waynes popularity has only been at this height for the past 3 years or so and in that time he has dropped one album. Now you may expect him to do wonders with his artists in that time period but thats completely ridiculous. As far as who would he rather be with, obviously YM was opening their arms and GOOD wanst at the time. Waynes popularity and connections provided him a great oppurtunity and he smartly took it, no matter who was on the label or ow ignorant you think they are. Also, like i said the artsy artists are pretty much the only ones who have been succesfull on GOOD.

Plus, people can call Wayne a drug addict all they want. Thats the hardest working adict Ive ever seen in my life.
February 16, 2009 @ 12:26 AM
Fisticuffs

We can cherry pick who we want to have in the discussion or who we dont. But if you're talking an entire record label then we cant just put the artists in that have only been successful to boost your argument. Ok, so Really Doe and Cons and GLC are Kanye's mans? What do you think Mac Maine or Currency was? Teenage friends from New Orleans and using YOUR words "with no real commercial appeal". So using your reasoning, take away Tyga as a failure and wait and see w/Drake.

Actually, i was highlighting GM's success but you mentioned Cons and the failures. Let's just look at raw numbers. If we count Com and Legend as wins and Cons, GLC, and Does as loses GM is 2-3. YM is 0-1 w/just Tyga. Any way you slice it GM is the better imprint.

Young Money hasn't been that popular as a label except for the last few years. So while Kanye was breaking Legend Wayne was still in his mixtape hustle trying to gain fame and respect. The other artists on Young Money arent gonna sell if the main artist, Wayne, was only this big within the last few years. Waynes popularity has only been at this height for the past 3 years or so and in that time he has dropped one album. Now you may expect him to do wonders with his artists in that time period but thats completely ridiculous. Also, like i said the artsy artists are pretty much the only ones who have been succesfull on GOOD.

Everything you said is proof why signing w/GM is the better move. You sign your life over on these deals. You're in for 5 albums. You can't sign to a dude like Wayne on some wait and see shit. Artsy or not GM has 2 successful artists, YM has one failure and some question marks. Plus Ye got hot and dropped Legend's album quick so he at least got Good off the ground early.

I'm serious about the drug thing. Look at Shady. When Em started having issues and vanished so did his label/artists.
February 16, 2009 @ 12:27 AM
AlwayS_DreSSeD

How are the people on HB gonna call Wayne a drug addict when we have a thread in the off topic dedicated to weed

www.NickyDsss.com

February 16, 2009 @ 12:41 AM

Inactive

Ok so if we're looking at a label win for win and your record is 2-3 verse a record label that has been around for less then half the time, with less then half the popularity, with one album that didnt go anywhere? Granted one record is better then the other but uhhh Im sorry homie thats not a very convincing argument of phenomenal success or a great reason to be so attracted to one record label over the other leave and leave affiliation that opens its arms wide and gives you an outlet. If you're laying your hat on the fact that YM has been around for less time as some sort of good argument that he should be with another group. Then I fail to see how having a 5 year headstart or so with more time, 5 years more popularity a few more failures makes it such an overwhelmingly better situation for Drake.

Also, again...no one is signing their life away. Drake is YM affiliated. He's a interscope artist. He yells "Young Mula" on songs and will have the advantage of having Wayne on his songs and videos. But YM is basically a vanity label. Its not like Rocafella with a separate marketing team, they show up on each others mixtapes and songs. And Im serious aboutthe drug addict thing too. Ive neever seen a drug addict work so hard in my life.
February 16, 2009 @ 12:54 AM
Nover

Wayne may be an addict but like Sub said he's one of the hardest working addicts I've ever seen. Personally I wouldn't like Drake with G.O.O.D., but I see the argument one could make, G.O.O.D. would provide drake with more of a commercial appeal and access to great producers and artist. But I think it would limit him creatively.

But YM allows drake to reach crowds he may have never had an opportunity to reach with G.O.O.D. i.e. "me doin a show makin everyone nervous cause them hipsters gon have to get along with them hood *****z" YM really has nothing to do with Drake coming out anyway he's signed to Interscope and with the buzz Drake has without dropping an album they would be stupid not to let an album drop.
February 16, 2009 @ 08:09 AM
Offcer Lauce

Waynes got to be the most focused and hardworking drug addict ever then. After a decade of weed and syrup he's still as skilled and hard working as he is, thts just insane. YM is perfect for drizzy, he'll stand out more amongst the other members. Also when has Wayne been known in recent memory to stick to one genre or be overly hood? Since wayne is drakes mentor it only makes sense he stays with him than be in a group where he might be overlooked or restricted creatively. Wayne is honestly what every artist wants to be..drake has a golden opportunity.
February 16, 2009 @ 09:06 AM
FreshAddict

my fav joint on the album is best i ever had
February 16, 2009 @ 10:40 AM
FreshWang03

whole album is dope, love the vibe in November 18th.
February 16, 2009 @ 11:30 AM
HeirSuperstar

lol, all these wayne fans on hypebeast..
February 16, 2009 @ 11:38 AM
dalek

lol, all these wayne haters on hypebeast..
February 16, 2009 @ 11:44 AM
HeirSuperstar

lol, all these wayne haters on hypebeast..

nah, i used to like wayne back in the carter 2, dedication 2 days. seriously. but im not blind enough to realize he's not the same and im not some lil high school kid brainwashed believing he's the "best rapper alive" just cuz he claimed it. especially when i hear people like Lupe, Andre 3000 or Nas saying shit on a whole 'notha level.

I heard he's been sober for 30 + days so that's good. like how he came on that qtip renaissance rap remix. so dont call me a hater.
February 16, 2009 @ 11:51 AM
dalek

nah, i used to like wayne back in the carter 2, dedication 2 days. seriously. but im not blind enough to realize he's not the same and im not some lil high school kid brainwashed believing he's the "best rapper alive" just cuz he claimed it. especially when i hear people like Lupe, Andre 3000 or Nas saying shit on a whole 'notha level.

I heard he's been sober for 30 + days so that's good. like how he came on that qtip renaissance rap remix. so dont call me a hater.

I wasn't calling you a hater. I'm just pointing out that there are just as many Wayne haters on HB as there are Wayne fans.

And, lately, he has been pretty on point.
February 16, 2009 @ 11:51 AM

Inactive

I love it when people think their opinion is so right and paramount that they have to laugh at other peoples opinions or artists that they enjoy. Music fans kill me....if its not somthing they like...or that they liked 3 or 4 years ago it must suck right?
February 16, 2009 @ 01:12 PM
ChicaGo-Getter

Especially since it's so subjective and there is no right or wrong answer. It's all opinion. None of this shit is fact.

Please login first to reply.