Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
February 15, 2009 @ 07:49 AM
dalek

Cool I'd like a list of your favorite Wayne songs, becuase around that era if I'm correct "Fireman" made me hate Wayne, so I kinda over looked the guy.

Tha Mobb
BM Jr
Fly In/Carter II/Fly Out
Hustler Music
February 15, 2009 @ 08:19 AM

Inactive

Personally i like new Wayne just as much as old Wayne. Not worse now just different. ANd Im from New Orleans and have been bumping Wayne since before the dude even hit puberty.
February 15, 2009 @ 09:15 AM
ChicaGo-Getter

hmmm I gotta hear more of Drakes stuff but if Drake couldn't sing I dont know
what he be. I like his versatility though, just like Kudi's but he comes off as more of a singer to me.

Yeah, you just gotta hear some of his old shit cuz he didn't really start singing til last year. If he couldn't/didn't sing his shit would be even better in my opinion. It just adds another dimension to his music. It definately aint something he has to rely on. The dude gets busy.
February 15, 2009 @ 09:42 AM
D

Uptown and Houstalantavegas have been on heavy rotation for me. This shit is good.
February 15, 2009 @ 11:08 AM
yungm

Best I Ever Had is crack!
February 15, 2009 @ 11:10 AM
todrunk2walk

Sucessfull is my fav track on the mixtpae. wayne killed it on that track imo
February 15, 2009 @ 11:27 AM
Sammy Steez

Yeah, you just gotta hear some of his old shit cuz he didn't really start singing til last year. If he couldn't/didn't sing his shit would be even better in my opinion. It just adds another dimension to his music. It definately aint something he has to rely on. The dude gets busy.

Pretty much smile

Fuck your plug come shop w/ me.

February 15, 2009 @ 11:50 AM
AfrocentricPatrick

Personally i like new Wayne just as much as old Wayne. Not worse now just different. ANd Im from New Orleans and have been bumping Wayne since before the dude even hit puberty.

Its one of those things though, I enjoy new Wayne to a point, but I miss the old Wayne. Its like 2 different artists in my eyes.
February 15, 2009 @ 12:51 PM
ChicaGo-Getter

^Co-sign. But there isn't a rapper in the game who still sounds the same way they sounded when they first came out. From Eminem to Jay-Z to Cam'Ron to Kanye to Nas to Beanie Sigel to Prodigy. I think it's just the natural evolution of an artist.
February 15, 2009 @ 12:59 PM
AfrocentricPatrick

thats true, I think I just moved smoothly with the progression of most artists, wayne just did some other shit (imo). Its gone be what its gone be.
February 15, 2009 @ 01:03 PM
ChicaGo-Getter

Nah, you right. He jumped out the window pretty quick. It's like he skipped steps 2 and 3 and went straight to 4, lol.
February 15, 2009 @ 01:09 PM
Lifted.

dopeeeee tape
gonna be in heavy rotation for awhile
February 15, 2009 @ 01:13 PM
c2tha37

the mixtape is pretty sick keepin it in the rotation for a cool minutecool
February 15, 2009 @ 02:45 PM

Inactive

One of the things that I really like about Drake is that the niggga is just a good rapper. And, I know that sounds simple but think about it like this, when was the last time that a MC really was popular that just rapped? Everybody comes to the table with a image and a persona and I mean that makes sense because this is the music is also a business and people want to get lost in the background story as well. But, Drake doesn't have a history of drug dealing, getting shot, shooting people or even a background of being some battle MC, super lyrical wizard or a militant Huey Newton type of figure. The dude is literally a child actor who listened to allot of Hip Hop music, mimicked his favorite rappers and became very good at it.

I really appreciate that approach because when i had about a 2 year flirtation with trying to rap when i was like 18-20, I was always told that me growing up in the suburbs would hinder me or put me into a box of what I could sound like or what I could rap about and what persona I could have. I was just a kid who loved Jay-z, Public Enemy, Nas, Outkast, The Hot Boys, Ice Cube and The Roots and I wanted to rap like them. I think that with the rise of Kanye West, although he definetly has a image and a persona, he kind of took the edge off of being extra thugged out and tough and having to be from a certain neighborhood to be able to be successful in Hip Hop, Couple that with the fact that Lil Wayne has broken down allot of barriers of what people think Hip Hop should sound like, its set the stage for MCs like Drake.

As for "SO Far Gone" I really listened to it all the way through and I'm really enjoying all aspects. Im not a modern R&B fan at all and have always been a sharp critic of it. But, I feel like the soul flourishes on here have a Electronic/pop/R&B feel to it similar to what a modern Prince album would sound like. Plus, I feel like the background music is almost elegant and moody. As a rapper I do hear allot of influence from Wayne and Jay-z. I feel like Drake's almost a hybrid of the two. Its the flatfooted, cocky nonchalant aura of Jay-z with the melodic, metaphorical, string of similes and off kilter flow of Wayne. But somehow both of those combined he's more cohesive. Drake just sounds like a dude who loves Jay and Wayne and thought to himself "I can do that."

and...Wayne murders Unstoppable...
February 15, 2009 @ 03:16 PM
Lifted.

he got a smooth singin voice too no homo
February 15, 2009 @ 03:52 PM
Bussin Chops

Unstoppable is the jam. And even tho the tape does sound like 808's&Heartbreaks(at least when you compare it to drake's last two tapes) its still a superb tape all the way through. With that being said im going back to blasting the Successful track
February 15, 2009 @ 04:21 PM
sellme

November 18th is my bday cool cool cool
February 15, 2009 @ 04:52 PM
Offcer Lauce

Drizzy!. The boy is dope but those people trying to say he's better than wayne or as good and what not...u lost ya mind? lol

I mean, the 2 best verses on the mixtape came from wayne: Ignorant shit and succesful

"Uh Pardon the swag bit bitch its Carter
long bread i dont eat short cake
How come I cant, miss a woman like i cant miss court dates
Geez, but shes not in this portrait
Yeah life's fine but I dont portray
Im on the other side but it is a short gate
I dont want the glow, i want the glo-ray
and ima fuck the world, but this is just foreplay
Tired of hearing bullshit, bring on the cow shit
Havent met a smell thats stinkier than our shit
and thats word to torronto,
So high up I got birds in the condo
aint that a female dog?
Ask her who i am to her and she yell god
Weezy baby i go re-al hard
No further details boy"

Another thing, I don't buy the whole "Drake is the personification of what wayne wants to be appearance wise". I think wayne's weirdness and his total lack of care actually makes him stand out. Man wayne is the O.G of this generation, we already seeing rappers following his foot steps. Its like Jay and Wayen all over again..
February 15, 2009 @ 04:58 PM
Offcer Lauce

drake is like wayne's younger brother from planet earth lol
February 15, 2009 @ 05:47 PM
HHZ

fireman? fireman wasn't bad, but it's not on the list of favorite songs. because it was on mtv, you automatically assume that's what i'm talking about. step your fucking game up stupid.

list probably goes like this:

5. i'm a dboy
4. hustler music
3. something you forgot
2. birdman jr.
1. oh no

and p.s. i haven't gotten past #6 because i keep playing houstatlantavegas over and over. anyone know who produced the tracks on this or if the beats belong to other people?
February 15, 2009 @ 06:01 PM
Famou$

Best I Ever Had is fucking on another level man. I can't stop listening to that shit.
February 15, 2009 @ 06:31 PM

Inactive

drake is like wayne's younger brother from planet earth lol

Good way to put it
February 15, 2009 @ 06:37 PM
randomgrandeur

I feel like calling this a mixtape is an insult. This could be a really good CD. There are no skippable songs on this, imo. If this is his mixtape, then his major debut is going to be fire.
February 15, 2009 @ 06:43 PM
SantoAngelo

fireman? fireman wasn't bad, but it's not on the list of favorite songs. because it was on mtv, you automatically assume that's what i'm talking about. step your fucking game up stupid.

list probably goes like this:

5. i'm a dboy
4. hustler music
3. something you forgot
2. birdman jr.
1. oh no

and p.s. i haven't gotten past #6 because i keep playing houstatlantavegas over and over. anyone know who produced the tracks on this or if the beats belong to other people?

So you edited your comment to throw some punches? If you read what I said, then you would know that all I knew was fireman by Wayne in that era. I admitted that I overlooked Wayne in that era, becuase songs like fireman I did'nt fuck with, but cool thanks for your list anyway. I reached out to you to educated my self about Wayne in that era you really didn't have to be a dick about it.
February 15, 2009 @ 06:45 PM

Inactive

haha. When it comes to music people think they know everything and will insult your intelligence, lifestyle and your moms if you think different from them. Its crazy cause it's such a subjective thing.
February 15, 2009 @ 06:52 PM
bwssldr

Could someone post a link to download comeback season? Can't find it.

Fore Sale: Supreme Leopard M-51, Box Logo, Dior Jeans, Rick Owens, Etc. http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/211876#4274526

February 15, 2009 @ 06:56 PM
SantoAngelo

Could someone post a link to download comeback season? Can't find it.

Here...

Drake - So Far, So Good
www.zshare.net/download/5374887906e00a7f/

Drake - Best of Drizzy
rapidshare.com/files/169443873/bedweb.rar

Drake - Comeback Season
www.zshare.net/download/512633254cabe63b/

If you dont have these your loosing real talk!

[SIZE="4"]brought to you by www.wedoitrightmag.com (click to support)[/SIZE]
February 15, 2009 @ 07:22 PM
bwssldr

Thanks a lot man.

Fore Sale: Supreme Leopard M-51, Box Logo, Dior Jeans, Rick Owens, Etc. http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/211876#4274526

February 15, 2009 @ 07:31 PM
SantoAngelo

No problem.
February 15, 2009 @ 07:31 PM
Fisticuffs

One of the things that I really like about Drake is that the niggga is just a good rapper. And, I know that sounds simple but think about it like this, when was the last time that a MC really was popular that just rapped? Everybody comes to the table with a image and a persona and I mean that makes sense because this is the music is also a business and people want to get lost in the background story as well. But, Drake doesn't have a history of drug dealing, getting shot, shooting people or even a background of being some battle MC, super lyrical wizard or a militant Huey Newton type of figure. The dude is literally a child actor who listened to allot of Hip Hop music, mimicked his favorite rappers and became very good at it.

a weird thing about Drake is that on the surface he's a pretty boy/ladies man rapper. that image usually turns off underground hip hop fans but Drake inserts enough humility in his rhymes to come across as a regular dude. i was surprised at him saying he had a Phantom but then he said it's leased and his bank account was negative. he never strays from reality.

i don't really see the wayne comparison. lyrically they're totally different. the flow is similar at times but Drake switches flows often.

personally i don't think Young Money is a good fit. they're too hood. even though he's not signed to them, Drake in the same crew as Jae Millz and Nicky Minaj makes no sense. i think Good Music is perfect for his style. Ye, Drake, and Cudi sounds much better. i just hope wayne's presence is more for promotion and his presence is minimal on Drake's album.

Please login first to reply.