FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
September 9, 2008 @ 06:42 PM
coreyks

September 9, 2008 @ 06:52 PM

Inactive

fuck get off kanyes nuts sub smile
September 9, 2008 @ 06:52 PM
koedog.

Ugh I hope it's good... auto-tune and singing ?? instead of rapping.. should be interesting.

@KOEsher INSTAGRAM & TWITTER

September 9, 2008 @ 06:54 PM
koedog.

Im glad he left that school themed shit alone. 3 is enough...and I knew he was taking a darker direction by putting "heartbreak" in the title.

Yeah I guess 3 is enough.. those 3 albums and his GITD Tour were all epic, I hope 808's&HB doesn't disappoint.

September 9, 2008 @ 06:57 PM
CuttyBuddy

Honestly.... I am anticipating it in a way. In a way. Not a way that I like, but I'd look forward to hearing it when it drops in December. And I can't seem to understand how all this hate for the auto-tune/vocoder came to be. A handful of people used it a couple times before, no one complained and it's not like we didn't know they were using it either. Apparently if it'll help them become successful, they ain't going to stop, so let's just let it sink in. But if Kanye is done with rapping (which I extremely doubt, I shouldn't even have to say that) I'd be pissed like a motherfucker.
September 9, 2008 @ 07:01 PM
pnsho

Title is on some Justin Timberlake, sad hipster vibe, imo.
September 9, 2008 @ 08:06 PM
bloxheads

everyone is gonna fucking be sucking kanyes dick once this is over. hopefully i like somthing on this album. the tittle sounds like one of my songs tho
September 9, 2008 @ 08:11 PM
treydeuce

I am getting kind of tired of everybody and their brother using the auto tune these days but I am interested in hearing how Kanye does a whole album with it
September 9, 2008 @ 08:14 PM
sfreedadon

Title is on some Justin Timberlake, sad hipster vibe, imo.

Kanye went through alot in the past year with his mother dying and prolly some other emotional issues. So that title has some meaning to him, all his album titles have meanings.
September 9, 2008 @ 08:18 PM
bloxheads

hopefully hes not on this sythizizer, electro type shit. because all of a sudden, everyy fucking body is gonna be making instrumenatls with that 80s prince feel type shit to it, then its gonna get repettative, then the people whos been doing it like that for along time whos tryna get in the "game" will not be able to with out getting hekled with" kanye did that" or "you act like the cool kids" or" lil young baby lala did that on his song gold beeper im different"

Fuck.
September 9, 2008 @ 08:22 PM
CuttyBuddy

^Ya co-sign. I don't got a problem with Prince though, but that's not the point smile I'm pretty straight with the Prince-y elements that The-Dream brings to the table anyways, so I can't say that Ye will be original on his album, which is pretty impossible today, but maybe a new refreshing sound.
September 9, 2008 @ 08:32 PM
Vermont

wasent the studio version supposed to drop ike 2 days ago??????? i wanna hear it!!!!!!! and i thought the new album was called "universcity"??????? 808's and heartbreak is kinda lame. i like universcity more
September 9, 2008 @ 08:39 PM
koedog.

Univercity would've been dope too, but droppin the school theme is co0l

September 9, 2008 @ 08:42 PM
Vermont

Univercity would've been dope too, but droppin the school theme is co0l

true the school thing is getting old, but kanye did say when college dropout came out that he was putting out a 4 cd compelation with the school theme and he gave the titles out he said the 1st is college dropout, the 2nd late regestration, the 3rd graduation and the 4th universcity. i swear he said that. he was going to do something like that like lil wayne is doing with the carter albums. then he was gonna drop the school theme.so he is supposed to drop univescity
September 9, 2008 @ 08:45 PM
tRick

well 808s and Heartbreak seems more fitting than a title that would have possibly zero to do with album, other than it comepleted the string of school themed albums

but still.... where is the studio version for love lockdown???
September 9, 2008 @ 08:49 PM
bloxheads

come on people. we all lowkey love the school theme. it is kanye

i hope he goes for univercity or 4th semester
September 9, 2008 @ 08:59 PM
zangetsu13

yoo IDk guys but I've been bumping this track like crazzzzzy on youtube...i cant get enough....need the studio version!!!
September 9, 2008 @ 09:04 PM

Inactive

Whatever Kanye does for the album people will try and recreate it so it is what it is...theyve done it for his past 3 albums ..from sped up soul samples to synthy electronic mesh on Graduation. Of course they're gonna imitate what he does on this album..and yeah it sounds like it has a Prince artsy feel to it. Which for me is great because Prince is a fucking God to me. And, if you're gonna be inspired by someone why not Prince? Everyone is inspired by someone and theres noting wrong with current artists being inspred by their peers either. If you're not inspired by something or challanged by some thing then you're intellectually dead.

And...yeah the school theme was cool but he's been running that shit for like 5 years now...everything comes to an end...at some point u need to grow as an artsist. If he pigeonholed himself in doing the same shit over and over it would get extremly boring.

Love Lockdown is officially my shit now too. ANd this is coming from someone who was hating on "Stronger" when it first dropped...
September 9, 2008 @ 09:14 PM
bloxheads

well yeah, everyone has influence, shit, prince is god to me ( just as long as were together is the greatest)

but i mean

1. you had these random kids rappin...lil j, romeo, bow wow, samie blah blah

2. then all these snap groups and dances and shit

3. now its gonna be like, wale, cool kids, santogold, then everyone and there moma is gonna be trying to get in the catogory, then its gonna get played

witch means, when i do get into the real public eye, people are gonna be like " kanye did that first balh balh", and it sucks for the people who really have a love for that sound, who went to it naturally, not because they wanted " to do somthing different.
September 9, 2008 @ 09:19 PM

Inactive

Yeah, that goes along with that "I did it first now you cant like it or enjoy it or be down with what im doing" syndrome people get. At some point different scenes, sub genres and cultures get exposed to the public eye. Shit...it happened with Hip Hop in general. Just gotta roll with the punches and continue to do u and be honest to your music...at the end of the day gppd shit shones through...bullshit dies.
September 9, 2008 @ 09:22 PM
bloxheads

yeah someone just told me that. ima just keep oing me. hopefully, this is more like late reg. and less like graduation.

but personally, Late was my favorite, but College drop was his best because, he produced that whole thing, more creative with samples and shit.

now days he got ***** coming in and helping him with the beats and shit...then gets full credit, or looping shit.

when i heard angel by game i was like wtf?
its the same song looped the first 4 bars. kanye has dissipointed me this year
September 9, 2008 @ 09:30 PM

Inactive

I think that if Kanye is gonna do what I think hes trying to do with this next album...he's gonna alienate allot of people. It happens everytime you switch styles or try something new. But if you dont do it you risk becoming stagnant, boring and irrelevant. I've been a critic of Kanye...not cause his music isnt dope...it is. But theres always been an inflated sense of importance of his shit when he always seemed to be an average lyricist and a good producer...But I can see him moving on and doing things that are challenging himself and his audience and I can do nothing but respct that...even if he gets a few "why is he using the auto tune!!??!?!?!?" comments in the process
September 9, 2008 @ 09:38 PM
AlwayS_DreSSeD

I need this song b... FUCK Kanye release it!!!

www.NickyDsss.com

September 9, 2008 @ 10:01 PM
koedog.

That's what's wrong with people, they can't adapt to new things or accept change. People are very closed minded and only want a certain style. So when a new style comes about from their favorite artist, it's like "wtf? I can't listen to this what happened to....". Instead of not even giving the music and style a chance.

I didn't really expect Kanye's singing/autotune approach, but I have an open mind and Love Lockdown sounds dope to me so I'm willing to accept his approach. Even though I loved the hip hop style of his last 3 albums.

Still awaiting the studio version of Love Lockdown, so I can actually make a judgement about the first single off of 808's & Heartbreak.

September 9, 2008 @ 10:27 PM
Pastiche_

If this is an indicator of what the album will be like, then this will be the first Kanye album that I won't buy.
September 9, 2008 @ 10:38 PM
bwssldr

Im pretty sure 808 and Heartbreak is just an experimental album in which Ye is gunna express his pain over his Mom and Fiance and thats why its coming so fast. Im sure University will still come out and continue and end the College theme, you know you love that ish.

Fore Sale: Supreme Leopard M-51, Box Logo, Dior Jeans, Rick Owens, Etc. http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/211876#4274526

September 9, 2008 @ 10:40 PM
Pastiche_

Okay, I'm sure that I'm super late but what happened with his fiancee?
September 9, 2008 @ 10:43 PM
bwssldr

They broke up...I dont think anyone knows specifics.

Fore Sale: Supreme Leopard M-51, Box Logo, Dior Jeans, Rick Owens, Etc. http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/211876#4274526

September 9, 2008 @ 10:52 PM

Inactive

he found out she was cheating with me. It was ugly...but i did it so he would pour his pain into his music. Sorry Yeezy...it was for your own good.
September 9, 2008 @ 10:58 PM
pnsho

He was styling too much on her.

Please login first to reply.