The Official Kanye West "808s and Heartbreak" Thread

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

November 29, 2008 @ 01:37:16
My new fav. track off the album this week is "Bad News". It alternates b/w that song and "Street Lights".
November 29, 2008 @ 01:43:23
Robocop unmastered FTW.
November 29, 2008 @ 14:26:16
Seee youuu in myy nightmaresssss
November 29, 2008 @ 16:17:59
Stop sleeping on Say You Will.

what he said
November 29, 2008 @ 17:43:00
my official list of favorites is

robocop unmastered
paranoid
street lights unmastered
say you will
amazing

@KOEsher INSTAGRAM & TWITTER

November 29, 2008 @ 18:53:16
I like ''Say You Will'' alot more than I intially thought I would...I always play that shit to the end.
''Amazing'' has grown on me since hearing it live.
''Bad News'' is gonna be a slow grower.
November 29, 2008 @ 20:53:12
Least fav is "bad news". Coldest Winter is what's up right now.
I wonder if his ex listen to the alblum.
November 30, 2008 @ 04:42:45
I wonder if his ex listen to the alblum.

i think the album is more about his current state of mind than his ex.

i dunno, i didn't think interpreting it as a simple break up album does it much justice...that's like saying The Sopranos was a show about "the mafia." To me, the album is really speakin on the human loss that comes with material/physical gain.
November 30, 2008 @ 05:40:01
I dont feel like making new threads so imma drop this in here. Ross over the Heartless beat. I'm not a Ross fan really, but its dope.
http://www.zshare.net/audio/519468705aae20d2/

Shit was wack! he didn't even go wit the beat, I would like to see Jay-Z or Nas on an official remix.
November 30, 2008 @ 06:56:31
i wonder what the current sales is up to. haha

but ya, some of the tracks are pretty good, while others are just w/e. tongueface
not the best from kanye, but w/e
November 30, 2008 @ 16:13:17
i think the album is more about his current state of mind than his ex.

i dunno, i didn't think interpreting it as a simple break up album does it much justice...that's like saying The Sopranos was a show about "the mafia." To me, the album is really speakin on the human loss that comes with material/physical gain.

+ losing his mom
November 30, 2008 @ 20:28:35
who gives a shit how much its selling??

you think Radiohead gave a fuck when they sold In Rainbows online for "whatever you feel like". No. artistic integrity dammit.
November 30, 2008 @ 22:30:16
artistic integrity is a commendable ideal to a certain degree...but at the end of the day these guys are doing it for a living, not as a hobby. If you can balance artistic integrity with mass units, then great job. But from an 'artist's' perspective, once you throw your shit out there at Best Buy, the work is no longer yours anyway...
November 30, 2008 @ 23:15:16
Gave the album a bit of a listen, can say that I'm really fucking with Welcome To Heartbreak and RoboCop is growing on me too. Otherwise Street Lights isn't bad either but the rest of the album I'm passing by at this point.

Just something about Welcome To Heartbreak though, feels so goddamn deep. :-|
December 01, 2008 @ 00:20:09
Late Registration was Kanye's last good album, tbcfh.
December 01, 2008 @ 00:28:59
cosigned^
Fuck Kanye, he let all that publicity go straight to his head, and started making terrible music thinking everybody would love it just because he's motherfucking Kanye West. Get off his nuts. SRSLY he is not the biz
December 01, 2008 @ 00:46:32
I thought that half of Late Registration sucked anyway as well as with Graduation, 3/4 of 808s & Heartbreaks sucks too.

But there are a few very good value tracks on each of those albums. Nothing on the level that The College Dropout was though.
December 01, 2008 @ 00:47:35
Late Registration was long, but not the good kind.

I liked CD & Graduation.

808's and Heartbreak is diff, but it's cool. It really doesn't have that great of a replay value though. I killed it last week. :-/
December 01, 2008 @ 00:58:58
Gave the album a bit of a listen, can say that I'm really fucking with Welcome To Heartbreak and RoboCop is growing on me too. Otherwise Street Lights isn't bad either but the rest of the album I'm passing by at this point.

Just something about Welcome To Heartbreak though, feels so goddamn deep. :-|

Sub, listen to Say You Will.

Give it a couple of runs and post back if you like it or not. Everybody needs not sleep on it.
December 01, 2008 @ 06:00:34
"Welcome to Heartbreak" has replaced "Last Call" , "Late" and "Drunk and Hot Girls" as the defining song of Kanye's career. On every album he had that one song that sums up where he's gotten up to that point. I think it'd be a good note to go out on.
December 01, 2008 @ 13:40:45
cosigned^
Fuck Kanye, he let all that publicity go straight to his head, and started making terrible music thinking everybody would love it just because he's motherfucking Kanye West. Get off his nuts. SRSLY he is not the biz

Just because people like some of the songs on this album they are dickriding right? And since you don't like it at all you aren't hating on him right?

@KOEsher INSTAGRAM & TWITTER

December 01, 2008 @ 15:35:56
I Just got the album....took a listen nd i love that shit....not even on any dick ridin shit,i honestly took a good listen and tried to critique this as hard as i could but i love this shit......except for Robocop but theres a good chance it'll grow on me

eastlyn.tumblr.com cookboystuss@gmail.com

December 01, 2008 @ 15:42:22
i <3 robocop and street lights and a few others. but half of these songs is just a chorus and a beat...

ill admit kanye was never good with lyrics but i feel that this album is missing some more necessary substance/lyrics.

X

December 03, 2008 @ 13:23:35
= sucked =
December 03, 2008 @ 13:31:50
It's starting to grow on me.......
December 03, 2008 @ 17:05:32
I guess everyone is intitled to their opinion. But i honestly would consider it Hip hop, considering HipHop is only a cultural movement and or rhythmic vocal style. Kanye is trying to reach new limits with His music and Hip hops culture alone. I dont think he is trying to appeal to anyone, everyone around the world likes his music, even when his first cd dropped it wasn't only black people who was listening. usually when you go to concerts of "hip hop" artist you see a lot of white people either way no matter the artist, Music now is so diverse it dosent limit its self to one racial group.

And most of all i hate how people specially on this forum say if you like this shit, your a nut rider. thats not that case if your a fan of music, or it just appeals to your ear, you like the shit, you dont have to be a dick rider thats fucken stupid, because in that case what ever music or "thing" you like/love your a dick rider to the maker of that product.

You cant really say the songs arnt catchy, because i think that was ye's vision in the songs, so when he does a concert, the entire crowd will be singing with him, like a sing-a-long, and majority of the songs have hooks. alot of hooks, therefor they are someone catchy.

Thats my rant on helgens post and everyone else blushing

But i guess im a dick rider.

im a dick rider too then, no homo
December 03, 2008 @ 17:06:05
Coldest winter is dope as fck. Don't Sleep
December 03, 2008 @ 17:18:46
both my little sister and my mom who also happens to be a grandmother are "in love" with kanye...i dont particularly think hes dope...but hes better than wayne or 50...the underground is where its at
December 03, 2008 @ 21:56:41
a version of Love Lockdown just started the end of the Victoria's Secret show. nuff said
Please login first to reply.
x