Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
November 24, 2008 @ 10:36 PM
pnsho

Kanye just gave 1 of his American Music Award trophies to Wayne.

I fear Sub's prediction of Kanye + Wayne coming out of the closet in '09 will become a reality.
November 24, 2008 @ 10:47 PM
WadeFromPhilly

^^^Both statements so true hahaha. I do feel that wayne style humps on kanye. Have you seen wayne play the guitar? I saw him when he did an snl performance and it was horrible but his studio performance is completly different than live.
November 25, 2008 @ 12:36 AM
jaded

In case it wasn't mentioned, he was Letterman's musical guest tonight, he did Love Lockdown. Pretty good performance cool

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

November 25, 2008 @ 03:15 AM
menace2

This album is good, but not on the level of The Love Below overall. Gnarls Barkley might be technically and conceptually superior, but I dunno, I enjoy listening to 808s... more.

What kills me is, Kanye and Wayne collabs are 0 for 2. Two of the most innovative and interesting American musicians working today and they can't make somethin good out of it together. Barry Bonds and See You In My Nightmares no doubt the weak links on their respective albums.
November 25, 2008 @ 03:17 AM
wikedwun

The packaging is NICE, I like how the different colored lines have the Lyrics for each song on em. Poster wit Moms was the final touch for the album. Ye is a Genius end of discussion!!! /thread

November 25, 2008 @ 03:22 AM
menace2

i like he included the pic w/ mom, very human and poignant touch.
November 25, 2008 @ 05:35 AM
koedog.

Wtf why do I have an actual CD hard case and not the other case as listed above?

@KOEsher INSTAGRAM & TWITTER

November 25, 2008 @ 05:51 AM

Inactive

Cause you got pwned.
November 25, 2008 @ 08:35 AM
AW

Wtf why do I have an actual CD hard case and not the other case as listed above?

chinatown? haha jk.

edit: but ya, the picture with his mom is a nice touch.
though i still think the colour/style/design of his suit on the other side of the poster is not such a good look for him : \
November 25, 2008 @ 11:27 AM
B.Hicks

The packaging is NICE, I like how the different colored lines have the Lyrics for each song on em. Poster wit Moms was the final touch for the album. Ye is a Genius end of discussion!!! /thread

the minimalist album art is pretty great, but as far as the hued lines with the production credits go, i think it's pretty horrible. the text is to monochromatic to read. i'm trying to squint and see what sample was where and when No I.D. was co-producing and it's damn near impossible to read. its looks good, but it's not functional at all.

It sounds as corny and shit as Pharrell's In My Mind. Get back to the proper music Kanye, this shit is arrogant.

erroneous.
November 25, 2008 @ 12:19 PM
DaKidFromHaiti

I got the same thing too, maybe different spots had different cases, oh well.
November 25, 2008 @ 03:48 PM
koedog.

word i copped from wal-mart... i guess low prices means low budget cases to0

November 25, 2008 @ 04:24 PM
DennisTheMenace

^i copped mines from target & it was the hard case. but i didnt open it yet so ima take it back & go to Best Buy smile
November 25, 2008 @ 05:56 PM
theconqueror

i dont likez. sad

obviously, its a different genre of music. sometimes different is bad and i think this was one of those times it is. kudos to him for trying something different but i think..

i hope he goes back to hiphop/rap. shit that i can bounce to
November 25, 2008 @ 08:41 PM
TL

its not bad, not something i'd listen to everyday but its good shit for certain moods
November 25, 2008 @ 09:14 PM
BDubbed2122

I see a lotta allusions to "The Love Below". It's a good reference, but 3-stacks was on another level, bending genres and s***, while Kanye has a specific mood in mind.
Personally, I think 808s is pretty good. Watch Wayne remix the track list.
November 25, 2008 @ 09:16 PM
Edward Chiu

I don't like how he switched it up for Welcome to Heartbreak. I got my joint at best buy for 10 bucks. How much was it at walmart?
November 25, 2008 @ 09:27 PM
koedog.

I don't like how he switched it up for Welcome to Heartbreak. I got my joint at best buy for 10 bucks. How much was it at walmart?

13.88 PLUS TAX.. making it 15.00.. lame

i payed 15 and got the hard case.. smh

November 25, 2008 @ 09:28 PM
BDubbed2122

^ You beat me to it.
November 25, 2008 @ 10:40 PM
ChunkO

Yeezy sopposd to sell 400-500k this week. thats more then CD but less than Graduation and LR. oh well
November 25, 2008 @ 10:54 PM
Edward Chiu

13.88 PLUS TAX.. making it 15.00.. lame

i payed 15 and got the hard case.. smh

I got the hard case too. with kanye and his mom in the insert. Best Buy ftw
November 26, 2008 @ 01:01 AM
discooo

we all knew this album was going to be different, so because its not just ignorant run of the mill rap music (though, i love that kinda hip-hop cause its fun to listen to) doesnt mean that its bad.

electronic is slowly mixing with hip-hop, actually all genre's are merging, but this album isnt just hip-hop with a twist, he actually comes out with a non hip-hop album.. its more lo-fi electronic than anything. most artist rarely listen to just the genre that the music they create is in, they have influences all over the map.. kayne showed this very well. i can taste some kid A radiohead in there, thom york...

i'll admit, his voice isnt the best, but it isnt the worse. the concepts are so dope, its easy to look past it. one thing i will say though its that the songs feel like hits he would sell to have someone else sing on, but he just chose to keep them because this album is personal. has a very dark overtone.

im blown away by this album, gives me hope knowing that such a popular personality came out with this type of album and it might open people to listen to new things
November 26, 2008 @ 04:55 AM
dinoXSKETCHPAD

I think the one reason people aren't feeling this album is because they aren't ready for it. From the get-go, Kanye has always had this arrogance and egotism to him in which he feels so matter-of-fact about everything...But this is the ONLY time in his media-hyped career where he shows signs of vulnerability. We're not used to it. He's suddenly human again. It's one of those things we're going to look back years from now, and realize how good the music really is.

As for the non-Hip-Hop album production / execution, I think it's brilliant. I loved the 808s & Heartbreaks album BECAUSE it's different and I don't think the auto-tune is as bad as a lot of people are claiming it to be. For an established artist to go a completely different direction in his music is a risk, but it reminds us that music really has no boundaries. He went about it in a tasteful manner and we can still see his attention-to-details and the lyrics are amazing. You can't front on the lyrics being deeper and more thought-provoking. The singing isn't on some Usher level, but it wasn't meant to be that way.

It's nothing we can categorize in any traditional genre, that's for sure..but he's mentioned it in a number of interviews that this album is it's own new entity..'Pop Art'.

But I have a feeling this is only an 'intermission' to his school-themed catalogue. I do hope to see if Good Ass Job is still something he's pursuing in the future.
November 26, 2008 @ 05:56 AM
koedog.

he should've left welcome to heartbreak, street lights and robocop alone, i don't know why he changed them up

street lights still my favorite though

November 26, 2008 @ 06:30 AM
menace2

i like the new versions, even Robocop's extended ending has grown on me. That segment feels very Late Registration-esque.
November 26, 2008 @ 10:56 AM
WGMeets

When is the Limited edition Kaws thing supposed to drop?
November 26, 2008 @ 03:50 PM

amazing- really nice beat, good song overall
see you in my knightmares- quite different, definite relation to amazing
streetlights- prob best song of the album,
November 26, 2008 @ 05:55 PM
SFCA

paranoid, say you will, and streetlights are best on album.
Album came out better than I expected. I don't like Robocop though, cuz at the end of the song when he's talkin about the joke and shit is just mad cheesy.

Cigarettes, Ice Cream and Figurines of the Virgin Mary http://www.last.fm/user/actsyalawlz

November 26, 2008 @ 06:28 PM
natexhype

Heartless
Amazing
Street Lights

Those are my favorites.
November 26, 2008 @ 09:40 PM
pnsho

Stop sleeping on Say You Will.

Please login first to reply.