Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
August 30, 2008 @ 12:35 AM
Ed.Hooligan

...I did a search and didnt see an official discussion thread about this guy. I personally think he's nice. And as an artist that gets compared to Lupe and Kanye, I expected this board to be banging alot of his shit but I dont see him being mentioned much.

I was in toronto and every shop/boutique I hit was bumping dude's music. I d/l'd the "Outside Lookin" jawn and it was dope. Fave track: "Dont touch me"

...whatch'all think?

www.soundcloud.com/EdHooligan

August 30, 2008 @ 12:46 AM
bloxheads

i feel like im the only one who think he isnt that great.

i mean, thats just me tho, no hate, dont really like the way he raps
August 30, 2008 @ 01:24 AM
Biagio

same here talks too much shit and doesnt even back it up
August 30, 2008 @ 02:22 AM

Inactive

He gets a pass because of Sonic.
August 30, 2008 @ 12:25 PM
Mr.Londoner

he's a bit too cocky.. i mean he points out nice lyrics in his raps, and on his new mixtape he's laughing throughout most of the tracks.. mad annoying.

Mickey Factz
Theo
Kid Cudi

>

Charles Hamilton
August 30, 2008 @ 03:17 PM
zangetsu13

Word! i aint feeling his aura..thinks hes the shit....but faggot can rhyme tho...
August 31, 2008 @ 06:58 AM
KingJersey

heard a freestyle a couple months ago shit was dope, I think I read also that hes MC Lyte's cousin, but other than like 3 freestyles I haven't listened 2 him
August 31, 2008 @ 08:20 AM
dalek

I don't mind him. But his chorus' are HORRENDOUS. He needs to get someone else to do his hooks or get DJ Premier-style scratched hooks. 'Cause he can't sing.
August 31, 2008 @ 10:47 AM
fistyourbitch

glad to know im not the only one who doesnt feel this dude. and whats up with him and his obsession with sonic n shit? lol
August 31, 2008 @ 01:08 PM
Ed.Hooligan

^ Yeah, that shit's weird...he's OD on the Sonic stuff, references him alot. Thing I like about this dude is his style and his beats. Plus I watched the freestyles he did on SIRIUS satellite on DJ Green Lantern's show and he MURDERED. 2 vids, like 8 min each and you can tell he's actually freestyling yet he kills it.

For now I think he's dope...he's no Lupe but he's dope imo. BUT I'll reserve complete judgement til his album drops. Knowing he's on Interscope, more than likely he'll be mad limited and drop a love son/club like single while incorporating his weirdness and it'll flop w/ the quickness but you never know

www.soundcloud.com/EdHooligan

August 31, 2008 @ 07:00 PM
wallsauce

Yeah I'm only diggin' him cause of the joints he did off of Sonic Music, just because I'm a fan of Sonic the Hedgehog myself. But yeah, hes decent and I'mma have to agree, I hate the laughing shit.

But shit, ***** just having fun on his tracks.
September 1, 2008 @ 11:22 AM
ThirdEyeOpen

Hes tryin too hard to be different. Thats the thing with a lot of rappers people want everyone to not pretend to be gangsters but most of em dont know how to be anything else without coming off as fake...
September 21, 2008 @ 10:38 AM
BDubbed2122

Maybe I'm the only one who's seeing it. But he's going to do some amazing things with music. Way beyond rapping.

^Word.
(I couldn't find a recent thread on Charles, so I had to dig this shit up.)
September 21, 2008 @ 12:14 PM
Solidaire

He's cool, I like his stuff, but he shouldn't be going at Lupe when he's not on his level. It's that simple, he needs to learn his place. He's technically a nobody right now.
September 21, 2008 @ 12:53 PM
Sonic

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Charles is cool but far from perfect. Obviously he and I share a stiffy for Sonic, so it's cool for me to see one of my biggest childhood timesinks get some recognition in the hip hop world. But like people have said, he's kind of sabotaging his own career in a lot of ways. He talks waaaaaaaaay too much shit, and he's going after some of the big dogs too. Shit talking Kanye and Lupe is a bad choice, especially because if he were a bit more respectful, I feel like he would get along really well with those two. Plus, like someone said, he can't sing, and even when rapping (and I really do think he's a very talented rapper) his voice can get really grating. He also doesn't seem to have much of a personality. Like he's trying to coast on the whole Sonic/pink clothes gimmick, but there isn't too much substance under the surface there.

But the bottom line is that he makes some good decisions in terms of beats, he's a good rapper (imo) and and an excellent freestyler. If he can stop trying to pick fights everywhere and let's someone else give him a hand on the hooks, I think he'll really go places.
September 22, 2008 @ 08:31 AM
extrodinaire

^^^
I agree for the most part...the thing critics are making him out to be this versitile artist who can rap/sing/and make beats but his singing is terrible...his beats are average at best and his rapping is pretty good..I like him, but you basically summed it up.
September 22, 2008 @ 03:27 PM
Solidaire

Did anyone catch one of his songs in Entourage? Or was I just hearing things?
September 22, 2008 @ 04:14 PM
dUn DeKid

Did anyone catch one of his songs in Entourage? Or was I just hearing things?

Which song?

But yea. Dude is my favorite MC so I can understand why all of you feel the way you do. Not everyone is goin to like Charles or whatever, but I think the fans he does have are great ones. Like me. Like Im a faithful fan of his music and will buy the album. Not like fans of Kanye and prate his music and wont spend the money for his shows. Idk what to call them. But Charles has like 0.99% of those fans I feel. If he isnt world renowned...he'll at least get a grammy and have a strong fanbase like Indie artists..
September 23, 2008 @ 02:47 AM
BeWearOfArt

anybody gotta link to his song brooklyn girls?? thanks
September 23, 2008 @ 03:02 PM
datsxybxchic

no matter what website i go on.. CH is everywhere!...
anyway, about one of his songs being on "Entourage", its true. check out charleshamilton.blogspot.com for more info... im sure brooklyn girls can be found on the net.. jus search it. myspace.com/hamiltonsmusic
i'm not sayin CH is perfect but he has some nice shit.. the world should take more notice..
September 23, 2008 @ 07:25 PM
JKISSI

pretty muched summed up all my thoughts
September 23, 2008 @ 07:51 PM
dUn DeKid

no matter what website i go on.. CH is everywhere!...
anyway, about one of his songs being on "Entourage", its true. check out charleshamilton.blogspot.com for more info... im sure brooklyn girls can be found on the net.. jus search it. myspace.com/hamiltonsmusic
i'm not sayin CH is perfect but he has some nice shit.. the world should take more notice..

so that was the track on Entourage? crazy. haha
September 24, 2008 @ 01:13 AM
Jo Nada

you're not the only one. he's ok to listen to on a few tracks mostly for the beats, but on a lot of tracks the clown is just annoying as fuck with his flow and his voice. i don't listen to him for some real lyricism and MCing...

gotta give him his props on flowing off the top for long ass times though, he's got ill lyrical endurance.

only tracks of his i fuck with are Don't Touch Me only cuz 9th chopped the hell outta that Michael Jackson sample, Pure Imagination sounds dope when i'm high, and Brooklyn Girls for that radio friendly dope single sound.

but look how he dresses. clown rocks pink button ups with black tees over of a pink Sonic rocking Boardflips. smh...
September 24, 2008 @ 10:21 AM
bryant

ive got a mixed response...i think the guy has skills for sure...but he is way to cocky and talks too much shit... he makes comments in his songs that could be taken as insults to lupe..and then he says that they wernt insults, when they clearly could be taken that way...

he thinks his swag is on another level that people dont get yet, but c'mon, put out some legit good music, and then talk shit... not vice versa
September 26, 2008 @ 01:54 AM
dUn DeKid

I feel proud to say that when he blows minds after his first album, I can say I've always been a major fan. ha
September 27, 2008 @ 02:15 AM
Skitlez

Dude is fire! I stumbled upon his Myspace a while ago and was freaking out over his skill. He'll be big time. No doubt. That track he did over the "Superstar" beat is hot, but if he wants to get into it with Lupe, Lupe will murder him.

He's got kind of a Kanye meets Lupe thing. He's got Lupe's wordplay and rhyme ability, and Kanye's musicianship and swag. I'm not sure how the mainstream will react to him though. Should be interesting.
September 27, 2008 @ 02:56 PM
extrodinaire

^^^
honestly though I don't why theres Lupe comparsions at all...he sounds and raps nothing like Lupe...not even close!
September 27, 2008 @ 03:27 PM
Solidaire

The only comparison to Lupe is that he raps about nerdy subjects sometimes. They sound completely different and have different styles.
September 28, 2008 @ 09:25 AM
ABGoHard

Milly
im not gonna lie this guy can spit...but he cant make songs..
September 28, 2008 @ 11:51 AM
B.Hicks

to those who are unsure, tell me this isn't nice.

www.zshare.net/download/195309695976d56e/

i've been going out of my way not to listen to this kid.. not because of hate. simply because in this internet age I'm in I kind of feel like some cats are being pushed down our throats. it kind of turns me off when everytime i hit a daily blog i see a Mickey Factz/Charles Hamilton/the Cool Kids audio/video post. Of course I love to see talented artists get put on, but there's certain artists dropping new material(Sadat X, MOP, Jedi Mind Tricks, etc) that are not really getting the same exposure as the new kids on the block. That seems a bit backwards to me.

with that being said(evidenced by my recent growing interest in the Cool Kids and Mickey Factz), my curiosity does get the best of me eventually. also, I tend to hold some blog editors with a higher respect than others...

and knowing that Subculture is a very articulate, admirer of all things musical I had to click on that "Ronald McDonald" jawn. I think the kids got a lackadaisical flow.. I haven't listened to anything else from the kid, but judging from the banter in the background, and his infinite chuckles i'd assume that the sloth behind his rhetoric is done purposefully to illustrate his lack of effort. that bothers me a bit.

i think he's got some shit to learn.. but this kid definitely have flowing and writing down well enough to be a contender for "next up" assuming that Lupe will take his place under the elite after L-U-P-END.

but to answer your question, Milly.. this track is definitely dope. i always get off on a little lyrical flexing.

Please login first to reply.