August 11, 2008 @ 08:01 PM
THiZZ

Wow...heard dude been doin this alot lately...he's fuckin up...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJgarNSSKqw&feature=related
www.youtube.com/watch?v=amvwqW3zyKQ

Rumor has it that its an impostor but real or not this shit ain't acceptable considering the hype and background Doom has and at a big underground event like this in San Bernardino... Can't believe we actually waited for this shit...

-THiZZ
August 11, 2008 @ 08:20 PM
Black Chanler

Doom has never ran good shows. He is just getting the hate now because his backpacker pass is wearing off.
August 11, 2008 @ 08:25 PM

Inactive

lol

allot of bad reviews for hip hop shows on HB lately.
August 11, 2008 @ 08:32 PM
damnwitless1

well now we definitely know he's setting up for the album...

All I do is smoke weed and listen to MF DOOM innercitykidsmusic.com

August 11, 2008 @ 08:44 PM
Ed.Hooligan

Oh that was def not DOOM. I'm also 100% sure he's setting up for his next album where the concept is his identity being stolen. My buddy is a publicist and is close to Rhymesayers and he's heard it himself.

...still not an excuse to advertise DOOM on the bill and giving the fans a shitty ass show

www.soundcloud.com/EdHooligan

August 11, 2008 @ 08:46 PM
A BreYthing Ape

SMH at DOOM
August 12, 2008 @ 01:44 AM
aintmysteez

wow i don't even know what to make of that.
and doesn't doom hate doing shows?
August 12, 2008 @ 01:47 AM
coreresources

damn
i knew he was pulling these stunts as sort of a theme leading up to doomposter .. but rock the bells? .. hes clearly got dedication to this concept .. but keep it up much longer .. no one is gonna feel like supporting him or buying that album ..
August 12, 2008 @ 01:50 AM
aintmysteez

he didn't even show at last year's rock the bells. hopefully this saturday he does..
August 12, 2008 @ 03:22 AM
Hype X Life

yeah hes beeing do this for a few years now....he also doesnt show up to photoshoots for mags.....i heard him once say that he is not doom without the mask and that anyone with the mask on is doom....so i guess "doom" did show up to RTBconfused
August 12, 2008 @ 07:03 AM
Mr Chubbs

Haha well he is the "villain"
As long as he keeps makin' music im cool.

www.totallyfoolproof.com

August 12, 2008 @ 07:11 AM
CHEEP

does anyone actually expect a good hip hop show? come on kids... it doesnt happen.
August 12, 2008 @ 07:36 AM

Inactive

LOL MF DOOM and his excuses. But I have to admit its a good excuse. Truth is ***** probably got lazy...didnt feel like doing some show...got someone else to do it for him...the kids found out and got pissed...Doom said hey the way for me to get outa this is to act like I meant to do it and base a concet album off of this bullshit. How about I dont show up to work tomorrow and say "Look motherfucker im working on a concept album about an imposter goingt o work for me." lol people believe anything.
August 12, 2008 @ 08:34 AM
damnwitless1

I think that last year he idn't show up because of some private reason that he felt he didn't want to disclose to the public, but after reading all of the up-roar about it he came up with the idea of DOOMposter and probably started working on it over the year knowing full well that he wouldn't show up to the one this year either. I don't really care regardless though because

1) It wasn't like it was a MF DOOM concert, so even if he didn't show you still get to see Tribe and Pharcyde and whoever else
2) He's never even pretended to bill himself as a remarkable live performer so it's not like you missed out on a lot anyway
3) DOOM is still that niigga in terms of his actual written raps that he records in the studio ad shit so who the fuck cares?

All I do is smoke weed and listen to MF DOOM innercitykidsmusic.com

August 12, 2008 @ 08:47 AM

Inactive

I mean he may not be a good performer or pretend to be one But just to play devils advocate here while some people may have been there solely to see tribe and other acts to cheat people out of a chance to see their idol after they pay their money is irresponsible and just plain wrong. SOme kids turn on their Doom album memorize every word dreaming f the day the can see this dude live. WHen i was a kid I did it with certain acts. SO for him to just not show up is ridiculous. If he had personal problems or troubles if he where just to release a statement that he cant make it, give the resaons why, then reschedule that would be one thing. But to send a fucking imposter on stage to perform for him....I mean really WTF. Its one thing to not be a good performer but to not fucking show up??? How about you just dont book the fucking show? Hip Hop gives *****s to many passes.
August 12, 2008 @ 10:41 AM
coreresources

does anyone actually expect a good hip hop show? come on kids... it doesnt happen.

are you joking
good hiphop shows happen all the time

also .. live from planet x was pretty good .. i cant question his performance quality.. just work ethic
August 12, 2008 @ 10:43 AM
CHEEP

bad ones happen more. i mean, they may be good for hip hop shows, but compared to most other types of music the shows are really lacking.

and this isnt hip hop hate... i listen to more hip hop than anything... but very few can compare to a good rock or reggae show
August 12, 2008 @ 10:46 AM
coreresources

ok i agree with that ..
August 12, 2008 @ 11:01 AM

Inactive

I think the difference in Hip Hop and Rock shows is that the way rock musicians get their start is hitting the road. They start out getting their name known by performing in front of people. This way they get better at playing their instruments. Since Hip Hop is a lyric based genre allot of budding MCs get their start not by performing but on the mixtape circuit, battles or going directly to the record company with a demo. Allot of times the very firsttimethese dude perform is AFTER they get a record deal. SO they get up there run through their songs and then go home...theres no real idea of putting on an actual show...its just a buncha *****s on stage yelling into a mic allot of times. But when a Hip Hop show is good its fucking amazing, Jay-z, The Roots, Kanye, Beastie Boys, Outkast, Public Enemy...all show i will always remember.
August 12, 2008 @ 11:07 AM
Black Chanler

Jay-Z puts on a hell of a performance
August 12, 2008 @ 04:20 PM
rtst102

he's probably lipsyncing if it wasn't a doomposter. but his flow has definitely been more lazy in recent years.
August 12, 2008 @ 08:18 PM
rga125

I think the difference in Hip Hop and Rock shows is that the way rock musicians get their start is hitting the road. They start out getting their name known by performing in front of people. This way they get better at playing their instruments. Since Hip Hop is a lyric based genre allot of budding MCs get their start not by performing but on the mixtape circuit, battles or going directly to the record company with a demo. Allot of times the very firsttimethese dude perform is AFTER they get a record deal. SO they get up there run through their songs and then go home...theres no real idea of putting on an actual show...its just a buncha *****s on stage yelling into a mic allot of times. But when a Hip Hop show is good its fucking amazing, Jay-z, The Roots, Kanye, Beastie Boys, Outkast, Public Enemy...all show i will always remember.

Common.. the last time I saw him, it was amazing
August 12, 2008 @ 08:57 PM
Kingkoor

That really sucks, that was not Doom, he much fatter and pear shaped. When he is there, the shows are amazing he is a beast on the mic, especially live, it's like its an appendage. Check here a vid I shot in 2004 Thanksgiving.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ7AiCgjG1c
August 12, 2008 @ 09:02 PM
quesadilla

didn't he get skinny though?
August 12, 2008 @ 09:18 PM
bmkt2

That was an imposter! MF Dooms next album is going to be called Doomposter, and I think hes' been puttin imposters onstage to represent his next album which I think is a great marketing idea. Respect that shit yall
August 12, 2008 @ 10:17 PM
Black Chanler

That was an imposter! MF Dooms next album is going to be called Doomposter, and I think hes' been puttin imposters onstage to represent his next album which I think is a great marketing idea. Respect that shit yall

nah...sub hit it on the head. He fucked up a couple times and is trying to cover it by making it his "marketing strategy". And there is nothing smart about a niche rapper fucking with peoples money like that.
August 12, 2008 @ 11:11 PM
emerikan8

i learned my lesson new years eve tryna see mf doom live, and the shit he pulls this saturday doesn't even shock. I just glad my homie convinced me to stay for the mos def set which by the way was too dope. I've just come to the conclusion that the only way i will pay for in mf show again( which as of now may never happen in future) is if madlib or someone or the same caliber is headlining the bill
August 13, 2008 @ 07:19 PM
Black Chanler

Little Brother and the Justus League puts on good shows, and I can only imagine their budget being not that much higher than DOOM's.

I think it goes down to how much you love being on stage. There is so much talk about lyrics this lyrics that but if you can rock the crowd...you better have one hell of a discography (which fortunately for doom, he has).
August 17, 2008 @ 05:50 PM
THiZZ

Regardless if its for an album or not you shouldn't do that to your fans when they pay money to see what is supposed to be you since your on the fucking bill...

-THiZZ
August 17, 2008 @ 05:59 PM
aintmysteez

my friend went to rock the bells yesterday, and when i asked about doom, he told me that he got dropped from the lineup the night before razz

Please login first to reply.