Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
July 29, 2008 @ 04:08 PM
jimmysweatpants

another sad let down.this like the last four albums makes me shed a thug tear
July 29, 2008 @ 05:15 PM
_spk

Of course I'm biased. We all are. However, I'm willing to admit to that. Unlike some people who give excuse after excuse to why we should give Nas a pass for his boring beats. If being on the defensive means defending your opinion then yes I'll be that too. In a discussion or an exchange of ideas that's what happens. No problem with modern day hip hop yet you over generalize and say that in modern day hip hop people consider a classic an album with dope beats and average lyrics? Guess there was no bias in that statement and it was made from a neutral observer who doesn't prefer the days when modern fans didnt clamaor for top notch beats right? Maybe you don't have a problem with that, and was just stating what you think...and I did the same. Label that "defensive" if you want.

Yup, thats my opinion of how the younger generation thinks of hip-hop doesnt mean I look down upon them. They/we are fickle and It is what it is. I was like 13 when doggystyle came out and I thought that was classic, just like alot the older heads didnt b/c they thought it was too commercial or whatever. I also want and appreciate top notch production just like the next man but I understand thats not every artists strong point. If you listen to enough nas you already know thats not his focal point. I was also disappointed when I first listened to the album, and thought some songs were kinda corny but if you also appreciate good lyrics and not JUST production then I can't see how anyone could not feel this album IMO. Unless hes talking about you in Testify lol
July 29, 2008 @ 05:28 PM

Inactive

I guess I've never been the kind of person who has preferred one over the other. I always thought beats where just as integral as the lyrics and vice versa. Like I said before...at the end of the day this is music..beats AND lyrics, im not gonna like it if the accompanying music is bland to me. Just like if someone sold me a hamburger and the beef sucked but the bun was the shit...Id say...this hamburger sucks. Its parts of a whole. Nas didnt get into the position he's in because he never knew how to pick a beat. It is because how he sounds over excellent production is why we consider him one of the best. Otherwise he'd just be the random dude at poetry night at the coffee house.

oh yeah...I could very well be the dude he's talking about in Testify too, I have no idea what you're even refereeing to...i listened to that shit maybe 3 times and was so bored to tears I had to skip it each time.
July 30, 2008 @ 08:28 AM
AlwayS_DreSSeD

Modern day Nas album = 70% terrible beats + hooks 20% pre album hype 10% virtuoso lyricism = 100% disappointment

"one hot album every 10 year average"

Wow, that's the biggest hate statement you've made in this thread thus far. Just stop please... Get off the mans ballsack and let 'em breathe. It's sad that people can consider The Carter 3 close to classic when Weezy is overrated as hell and makes little to no sense in most of his verses, but think Untitled is wack just because the beats aren't overproduced/bassy or have Premier cuts.

You said you had to skip Testify everytime but that beat is vicious and you said this album lacks production. Make up your mind on what to criticize Nas about.

www.NickyDsss.com

July 30, 2008 @ 08:35 AM

Inactive

Oh ok...so I make a statement that you dont agree with and Im on someones nuts? Then you start bringing in other artists like they had anything to do with my statement? Its obvious you just cant take criticism of an artist that you enjoy, which is fine. If I hurt your sensitive sensibilities about your favorite artist then i truly apologize.. . But, you can go ahead and answer this back and get the last word cause I wont be anymore...once shit goes into the "get off his nuts" territory I know that you have nothing intelligent left to say.

BTW when you spell Nas like this , "NaS" then you have moved from fan to stan territory. But...carry on.
July 30, 2008 @ 08:50 AM
CHEEP

i gave it another try yesterday, and couldnt listen to it. id download an accapella version of the album, but the beats are unlistenable to me.

tell me... you think illmatic would have been considered a classic with the quality of beats on n****r?
July 30, 2008 @ 12:42 PM
AlwayS_DreSSeD

Oh ok...so I make a statement that you dont agree with and Im on someones nuts? Then you start bringing in other artists like they had anything to do with my statement? Its obvious you just cant take criticism of an artist that you enjoy, which is fine. If I hurt your sensitive sensibilities about your favorite artist then i truly apologize.. . But, you can go ahead and answer this back and get the last word cause I wont be anymore...once shit goes into the "get off his nuts" territory I know that you have nothing intelligent left to say.

BTW when you spell Nas like this , "NaS" then you have moved from fan to stan territory. But...carry on.

No, disagreeing with me is completely fine but in this whole entire thread you've had really nothing positive to say dude. You're obviously on dudes nuts or hating because you've came back to this thread, if you really didn't care or feel the album, why you keep coming back? You could've dropped a simple I didn't feel the album comment and dipped. It's cool though, don't respond, I just felt the need to point out your obvious hate towards the album.

I'm a stan because I spelled it as NaS? Are Jay fans stans because they spell it as Jay-Z instead of Jay-z? Are Dre fans stans because they put a period after Dr. instead of just typing up dr dre? What are you really trying to say?

www.NickyDsss.com

July 30, 2008 @ 12:49 PM
Aceiz2fresh

Ahh shiiet

NaS
July 30, 2008 @ 12:52 PM

Inactive

Ok..so i lied...i will respond lol

Dude, is there some rule that if you dont like the album you can only leave one response and then leave the thread for the people who want to gush the album with praise? Never said I didn't care. I am a huge Nas fan as I mentioned before. I never had anything good to say about the album cause I don't like it. DOesnt mean im not intrigued by the album or want to see and read other peoples opinions and voice mine about it. DOes that mean I dont have the right in here to give my opinion? Does that mean that Im hating? I have long drawn out long thout out descriptive reasons written in this very thread about why I dont like the album. Yet you disect it down to one Jay-z line that I put up and then tell me im hating? Cmon man, its not even logical. If giving your opinion...even if its in a manner people dont like...or coming in a thread to talk about an album you dont like...or say that you dont like something more then once or randomly drop a Jay-z line in a NAs thread im on his nuts and Im hating right? tHats cool.

BTW the Nas spelling thing was a fucking joke obviously. But maybe I have to preface my jokes with "JOKE ALERT" just like I obviously have preface my negative opinions with "DONT READ THIS IF YOU ARE GONNA GET YOURE PANTIES IN YOUR ASS ABOUT THIS"
July 30, 2008 @ 12:57 PM
CHEEP

Dude, is there some rule that if you dont like the album you can only leave one response and then leave the thread for the people who want to gush the album with praise? Never said I didn't care. I am a huge Nas fan as I mentioned before. I never had anything good to say about the album cause I don't like it. DOesnt mean im not intrigued by the album or want to see and read other peoples opinions and voice mine about it. DOes that mean I dont have the right in here to give my opinion? Does that mean that Im hating? I have long drawn out long thout out descriptive reasons written in this very thread about why I dont like the album. Yet you disect it down to one Jay-z line that I put up and then tell me im hating? Cmon man, its not even logical. If giving your opinion...even if its in a manner people dont like...or coming in a thread to talk about an album you dont like...or say that you dont like something more then once or randomly drop a Jay-z line in a NAs thread im on his nuts and Im hating right? tHats cool.

BTW the Nas spelling thing was a fucking joke obviously. But maybe I have to preface my jokes with "JOKE ALERT" just like I obviously have preface my negative opinions with "DONT READ THIS IF YOU ARE GONNA GET YOURE PANTIES IN YOUR ASS ABOUT THIS"

"JOKE ALERT"

sub, youre a fucking hater. shut up.
July 30, 2008 @ 01:01 PM

Inactive

"DONT READ THIS IF YOU ARE GONNA GET YOURE PANTIES IN YOUR ASS ABOUT THIS"

lol
July 30, 2008 @ 01:11 PM
AlwayS_DreSSeD

I mean maybe I'm wrong but it just seemed to me like you were hating for a bit. I know we're all entitled to opinions but that post I quoted of yours seemed full of hatred lulz. It's cool though. You're missing out on AOTY(so far) IMO.

How am I supposed to take that as a joke though lol? We're kind of in an argument or "discussion" if that's what you'd like to call it so that could've easily been a callout on me being a stan.

www.NickyDsss.com

July 30, 2008 @ 01:15 PM

Inactive

Its cool. Ive kind of exhausted myself out on talking about it anyway. I know allot of you will be glad to hear that lol. And it is harder to tell certain sarcasm on the net but come on...the spelling of a name...that one was a gimmie.
July 30, 2008 @ 05:03 PM
Shaun

Cheep made a good point on listening to Illmatic with Untitled beats (someone mash that up both ways). It's along the lines of what I said pages back about if anyone listens to Nastradamus for the lyrics? *mad crickets* I'll take that as a no.
July 30, 2008 @ 06:57 PM
Drebrooklyn

u can't compare both albums. shits were done in a different time and place..you fuckers crack me up
July 31, 2008 @ 05:33 PM
Logikal Accord

I think most of you will agree. This>Untitled. Stolen from another board I frequent (SC, for anybody on there.

Nas - ****** 1 Pernt 5

01. Nas - Intro (4:0cool
02. Nas - What It Is (3:35)
03. Nas - Breathe (3:32)
04. Nas - Legend (3:26)
05. Nas - Remind My Soul (featuring Akrobatik and Malcolm X) (4:23)
06. Nas - Corrupt (Interlude) (2:0cool
07. Nas - America (2:44)
08. Nas - Sly Fox (4:23)
09. Nas - Testify (3:10)
10. Nas - No Turning Back (featuring Erykah Badu) (3:32)
11. Nas - N.I.G.G.E.R. (The Slave and The Master) (5:37)
12. Nas - Louis Farrakhan (2:50)
13. Nas - Crackers (2:57)
14. Nas - Fried Chicken (featuring Busta Rhymes) (3:03)
15. Nas - Project Roach (featuring The Last Poets) (1:37)
16. Nas - N Word Jargon (2:27)
17. Nas - Tyson Speaks (Sorta) (1:16)
18. Nas - Iron Mike (2:52)
19. Nas - Jesse Jackson vs Hip-Hop (Interlude) (1:03)
20. Nas - Mannequins (3:50)
21. Nas - Y'all My *****s (4:52)
22. Nas - You Can't Stop Us Now (3:05)
23. Nas - Black President (3:24)
24. Nas - Outro (4:31)

Total Runtime: 1 hour 18 minutes 25 seconds
Quality: 256 kbps (retail songs all ripped from the retail CD, edited songs and blends mastered to match retail)

I strongly recommend downloading and listening first, before you read the notes.

www.megaupload.com/?d=E1AVYC02
July 31, 2008 @ 05:33 PM
Logikal Accord

How is this different from the retail?

---------------------------------------------------
Altered Songs

Virtually all of the songs from the retail have been modified in some way. Some of the hooks have been truncated (America, Black President) to shorten songs and highlight lyrics, and others have had sound clips added from various movies, speeches, and interviews.

"Legend" is a more raw alternative to the "Hero" single. The singing has been replaced with Green Lattern's scratching from The ****** Tape, and the Pollow the Don robot shit has been replaced with an extra Nas acapella. It's not as climactic as the retail version, but it's a lot more "boom bap." Keep in mind, I'm not a DJ or engineer, so the transitions aren't perfect.

"N.I.G.G.E.R." has an intro using the beat's sample (The Persuaders "We're Just Trying to Make It"), and an extended sound clip from School Daze.

----------------------------------------------------
Additional Tracks

What It Is
This is the DJ Khalil (not to be confused with Khaled) produced "What It Is (Let's Go Esco)." Green Lantern has been removed entirely, and its remastered to fit the retail songs.

Iron Mike
Another banger from the ****** Tape, "Legendary (Iron Mike)." Aside from the opening drop, I was able to remove the rest of Green Lattern's drops. Shoutout to RoughDraftEnt for the idea, and cutting the first rough draft.

N Word Jargon
This is "Be a ****** Too" with that ridiculous hook removed. Remastered for CDQ, it works here as one long verse.

Original Blends

Intro
This is "****** Hatred" and "Queens Get the Money" blended together with some additional sound clips. It's shorter than the "Opening Scripture" version you may already have.

Remind My Soul featuring Akrobatik and Malcolm X
I'm not too familiar with Akrobatik's catalog, but he made a great song with this Illmind beat. Nas' verse is from "Black Zombies," and the sound bytes are from the 1965 Malcolm X speech, "You Can't Hate The Roots."

No Turning Back featuring Erykah Badu
I Am's "Ghetto Prisoners" was always one of my favorites lyrically, but the beat was unacceptable. There was even a Premier remix a while back that also sucked, and the hook is aimless. "Soldier," a highlight from Ms. Badu's last album, proves that Erykah has a better ear for beats than most rappers (she even got a banger from Dilla!), and the song fits. Shoutout to Slickness for recommending this instrumental without even realizing it existed, and shoutout to Crimy for sending me the I Am instrumentals back in 2006. It was too late to make the "FACT" mix, but the song fits ****** even better. The beat is produced by Karriem Riggins.

Crackers
I'm pretty sure this song was originally directed at crab in the barrel blacks, but also works within the context of Nas' most recent detractors. It turns out, crackers and haters have a lot in common. The quotes in the hook should be no secret to you. The beat is from a song called "Burn Bridges." I was randomly playing instrumentals when this one came on, and it reminded me of some Killarmy militant shit. I check the credits and sure enough, it was produced by Killarmy's 4th Disciple.

Mannequins
Let's be honest. "I Wanna Talk to You" (I Am) was not a good song. "Rule" (Stillmatic) really wasn't either. Turns out, when you paste any Nas bars over DJ Premier beats, you can turn shit to gold. The instrumental is called "Play It."

Interludes

Corrupt
CBS' Mike Wallace interviewed Minister Farrakhan on 60 Minutes, and asked him the wrong damn question. The instrumental is a Molemen track, Mass Hysteria and Kool G Rap's "Full Metal Jacket."

Jesse Jackson vs Hip-Hop
You should know where this clip is from, and the instrumental is Lake's "Crushed Linen."

Y'all My *****s
The interlude at the end of the song features a hilarious interview with one of our nation's educators, and the beat is from M-Phazes' "Industry Ills."

Bonus Disc

This is not a "double CD" in any sense, but these are some random tracks I would upload seperately from the same project.

1. Nas - Cops Keep Firing (3:23)
2. Nas - Association (3:31)
3. Nas - Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It (Remix) (featuring Ice Cube and Scarface) (4:51)
4. Nas - We're Not Alone (4:31)
5. Nas - Road to Zion (featuring Damien Marley and Tunji of Inverse) (4:09)
6. Nas - Like Me (3:47)
7. Nas - Make the World Go Round (featuring Chris Brown Only) (2:41)
8. Nas - I'm On (4:20)
9. Nas - In Due Time (Wack Blend) (featuring Common, Mos Def, Andre 3000, Cee-Lo) (4:06)

Cops Keep Firing
Green Lattern produced banger from the ****** Tape.

Association
Another favorite from the ****** Tape, produced by Stic.Man of Dead Prez. His verse has been removed from the track though.

Gangsta Rap Make Me Do It (Remix)
Three of the best rappers of all time, still at it in 2008. Nuff said.

We're Not Alone
This is the same as the album version, with the opening bridge removed.

Road to Zion
Damien Marley collaboration with Nas, later featuring Tunji of Inverse for DJ Hyphen mixtape.

Like Me
This is a bonus track from the UK version of Untitled, produced by Green Lattern.

Make the World Go Round
Game's flow was cool, but this song is instantly better without the Nick Lachey/DJ Khaled bullshit.

I'm On
This is a recent DJ Khaled song with a terrible beat that Nas rips, as usual.

In Due Time (Wack Blend)
This was a great idea poorly executed for a variety of reasons. I'm not proud of this mix, but I see people posting off-beat, terrible blends every day, so maybe some of you will enjoy this.

"NAS IS THE GREATEST RAPPER OF ALL TIME"
-Kanye West, Roc-A-Fella's #1 recording artist/producer of "The Takeover"

Enjoy.
August 1, 2008 @ 07:42 AM
Logikal Accord

Y'all are sleeping.

Ni**er 1 Pernt 5 > Untitled
August 1, 2008 @ 08:25 AM
magneticman

you know an album is crap if fans are trying to make better versions already.,
August 1, 2008 @ 12:15 PM
chukwhyld

I agreed with most of what Sub said--

My motto is "i ain't hatin it, i'm just statin' it"

As long as you can form a reasoable argument and back up your opinion, i can respect it, (maybe not agree, but respect it) but the hater-haters who feel like they can end any negative oipinion by calling someone a hater need to gtfoh--

hip-hop is based on opinion and everything is relative in some sense--the popular vote from tastemakers within the culture (not misguided fans) is that this album is very weak production wise--not because we hate Nas, but because the beats are weak

And we are not saying that he needs some type of Hate Me Now anthem-type beats, we're saying that the beast should COMPLEMENT the lyrics, and they don't--Sub's burger analogy was perfect
August 1, 2008 @ 08:57 PM
Piers

k first of all, this is just for the people who are talking shit about the album,

you punks are fucking idiot.

Nas isn't going to totally switch up what hip hop is right now in this state in time to please your asses, you gotta realize what rap is now is the evolution of what you want to hear

all of the rappers who've been in the game a long time know this, thats why they pump out what you hear now at this point and time
August 2, 2008 @ 07:44 PM
jay3091

OK, so today I really got a chance to sit down and listen to this album. Though the beats are okay, the lyrical content Nas is spittin' is dope. It's like I was baptized or something, because I fully understood everything and really got into it. N.I.G.G.E.R & America really got me goin'. We need political rap, the way things are today. Soulja Boi & Wayne ain't cuttin' it for me. Nor is Jeezy & Ross with all that hustle and trap shit. I need deep thought shit that Nas & Jigga be givin'. So this is the best album that came out this year (until L.A.X comes out ofcoarse)
August 4, 2008 @ 06:02 PM
chukwhyld

k first of all, this is just for the people who are talking shit about the album,

you punks are fucking idiot.

Nas isn't going to totally switch up what hip hop is right now in this state in time to please your asses, you gotta realize what rap is now is the evolution of what you want to hear

all of the rappers who've been in the game a long time know this, thats why they pump out what you hear now at this point and time

i think you shoulda said 'evolution of what I want to hear'
August 4, 2008 @ 06:53 PM
pnsho

Soooooo, I just saw the video of Hero on BET.

I like the beat... and Keri Hilson. That is all.
August 4, 2008 @ 07:06 PM
Shaun

''You put it on & on & on & on &
Everybody talkin' 'bout the new Nas song''
August 5, 2008 @ 11:24 PM
bduque821

personally for me nas g.o.a.t.

i just think that hes at a stage where he aignt gotta do shit for nobody he just does it for himself the dude doesnt give a shit if he dont sell anymore hes makin it for his fans and to express himself...obv at the end of the day nas wants his money but i think he aignt gonna give up ideas and he aignt gonna give in to noone tellin him the shit isnt gonna "connect" w anyone

just seeing him go from shit like it was written to gods son to untitled... u just gotta feel proud of the guy..he did it he went from straight up gutter to a rich classy motherfucker and he didnt forget where hes from

the beats are alrite
but on the lyrical tip his lines r cool
rediculous flow and the shit makes u think

i love this man no homo
August 6, 2008 @ 01:02 AM
fffffut

i've never really listened to nas, but from what i've heard of his and from other people, he's one of the best
it sucks that he had to change the name of the album though
August 6, 2008 @ 02:52 PM
jay3091

RZA's song is just like Nas', "Can't Stop Us Now". I wonder why they did that?
October 9, 2008 @ 02:37 PM
jay3091

October 9, 2008 @ 09:12 PM
Juki

^ Dang, I just posted that. Anyway, Nas is the goat point blank, although his new stuff cant compare to illmatic, IWW etc, its still better than the crap they play nowadays. I just think everyone still holds him to this ridiculous standard and they get let down. Most listen once and dont give it a chance cause its not what they expect. As a nas fan, I didnt like the album at first but after a few listens It got better.

Nas doesnt care about what mainstreams doing or what his "fans" think so he could care less about choosing beats to suit the mainstream. This would usually make for better music of course but I think Untitleds production matches the lyrics or overall vibe.

That alternate version, (Logical can u re-up the link by the wayconfused is what the album should have been but as you know songs got censored because of controversy. Its not some alternate fan version.

Doubleclutchhoops.com

Please login first to reply.