Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
June 29, 2008 @ 10:30 AM

Inactive

What's really sad is your "fuck south & westgoast hip hop" statements. Busta is an older hip hop act in a genre that constantly changes. This is not new or unique to hip hop. Bring out an older contry act to screaming fans of Shaia Twan or some shit and they wouldnt know the wods either. I fuck with u goat...and its your opinion I guess. But that kinda shit never had any place in hip hop, regional bias and beef just cause its what U perfer. I could write n essay on why that iea is all wrong butiwont...ive said it enough...and its not gonn amtter anyway.
June 29, 2008 @ 12:38 PM
endallk007

People seemd confused Im from the New Orleans so in no way do I hate on south music

but there just isnt any excuse for that whack ass shit real talk

there is a reason that this shit didnt make it on the dvd and anybody in there right and can see why.

Its not just that I like the beat and not gucci anybody in their right mind can see what I mean when whack ass shit like this starts to become acceptable

Id honestly heard a soulja boy freestyle that was 10 times better then this
June 29, 2008 @ 04:15 PM
OB_5

Hip Hop is awesomeeee

highlight of this thread
June 29, 2008 @ 04:20 PM
goatfacekillah

Sub - its definitely a regional bias

but, IMO, i just can't get down with any of the crunk shit i heard from the south
some ppl agree with me, others don't

the big thing that most ppl disagree with me is i can't get down with g-funk (with the exception of The Chronic)
i think Snoop is the most overrated rapper out there. I'm a Pac fan, but he's not even in my top 5 (might not be in my top 10...i'd have to think about it)
not a dogg pound fan, nor can i get down w/ Kurupt or Daz on the solo tip
Warren G is in the same boat, as are most hip hop i heard from the West.
don't get me started on Cypress Hill (although live, they're fantastic), Too $hort, or the entire Bay Area

i can fuck w/ NWA, Eazy E, OLD Cube (pre war & peace), Dre, Pac, and The Game (for mainstream artists)
and i gets down w/ Hiero, Above The Law, Digital Underground, Pharcyde, J5, Zion I, the Coup, Planet Asia, Dilated Peoples, BEP's first album, some Bone Thugs, and some DJ Quik

that's where i stand on hip hop
i've always preferred the East Coast sound
June 29, 2008 @ 04:23 PM
OB_5

The world hasnt come to an end just cause a dude u dont like rapped over a instrumental that u liked. Stop being so god damn dramatic. Every wack rapper that utters a sentence people are ready to jum off f a building. Wacknes wasnt created in 2008 nor is it in more abundance or any different then wack rappers in 1988. It is what it is...if people are so disgusted and ofended by the shit they are hearing today...by all means break out your old albums and play them till your little heart is content. Besides, not everything is gonna be cerebral triptrough the galaxy with ambigous lyrics metaphors, similies and preimier scrtches and boom bap beats. Some shit is there just to zone out to and enjoy for what it is. If u donf like it...fine...but it doesnt mean "OMG HIP HOP IZ DEAD EVERYBOY SUCKS KILL ME!!!"

...and yeah...i think this shit is wack....but i also dont think its that important either.

I totally agree with you man..but the simple fact is that most dudes on this site don't really know what real hip hop is...some jus engage in it to be cool and what not.
June 29, 2008 @ 04:33 PM
OB_5

but, IMO, i just can't get down with any of the crunk shit i heard from the south

the big thing that most ppl disagree with me is i can't get down with g-funk (with the exception of The Chronic)
i think Snoop is the most overrated rapper out there. I'm a Pac fan, but he's not even in my top 5 (might not be in my top 10...i'd have to think about it)
don't get me started on Cypress Hill (although live, they're fantastic), Too $hort, or the entire Bay Area

i can fuck w/ NWA, Eazy E, OLD Cube (pre war & peace), Dre, Pac, and The Game (for mainstream artists)
and i gets down w/ Hiero, Above The Law, Digital Underground, Pharcyde, J5, Zion I, the Coup, Planet Asia, Dilated Peoples, BEP's first album, some Bone Thugs, and some DJ Quik

Everything from the South is not Crunk...I think that you need to expand your horizons. Check some Little Brother, Scarface, and most definately Outkast..I could go on and on.
June 29, 2008 @ 04:49 PM
WadeFromPhilly

If I had to say the BEST hiphop today is comin east coast and even some from the midwest, and thats my opinion. form your own. I would say of the mixture I listen to the least comes from the south. I really havent looked into the south and I might try some of the artists mentioned above. I have always liked outkast though, one of the most different groups ever to come out
June 29, 2008 @ 05:35 PM
wuassassin2133

For the most part I agree with you, I would add 8 ball and MJG and Little Brother for the south. I like a lot of west coast shit but yea pac and snoop are very overrated as rappers and Too $hort is pretty bad imo.
June 29, 2008 @ 06:30 PM
amplive

93% of the south puts out nothing but garbage
June 29, 2008 @ 06:33 PM
goatfacekillah

Everything from the South is not Crunk...I think that you need to expand your horizons. Check some Little Brother, Scarface, and most definately Outkast..I could go on and on.

read my first post when i actually said "fuck south" and what it says in brackets beside it

I've seen LB 3 times as well

i should probably state that when i say "Fuck South", i mean more in terms of what is represented as South Hip Hop, which for the most part is crunk music

with over 2000 cds, not to mention the number of albums on my computer, i've done enough expanding of my horizons and listened to more then enough hip hop (from all regions) to make formulate my opinion.
June 29, 2008 @ 06:36 PM
Aceiz2fresh

East, Midwest>>>
June 29, 2008 @ 08:00 PM
OB_5

read my first post when i actually said "fuck south" and what it says in brackets beside it

I've seen LB 3 times as well

i should probably state that when i say "Fuck South", i mean more in terms of what is represented as South Hip Hop, which for the most part is crunk music

with over 2000 cds, not to mention the number of albums on my computer, i've done enough expanding of my horizons and listened to more then enough hip hop (from all regions) to make formulate my opinion.

Hey, thanks for speaking on that, Its jus that a lot of people who are apart of the 'Fuck the South' coalition only go off of what the mainstream throws at them. I would recommend those people listen to A Piece Of Strange by the Cunninlynguists, which is an example of a great body of conceptual work by southern artists.

I do understand that lots of southern artists put out trash, but so do artists from other areas. I'm from the south, and people like to party down here, so that is what the music is centered around. I enjoy the art of lyricism, so like you, I prefer East Coast artists, but also listen to Midwest, West & South.
June 29, 2008 @ 09:21 PM
goatfacekillah

and i hear you on that
hell, there's a LOT of garbage coming out from NYC also

Will Rap For Food > A Piece of Strange
although they're both good
and the Sloppy Seconds albums are crazy good too
June 30, 2008 @ 01:35 PM

Inactive

June 30, 2008 @ 01:41 PM
MrSickVisionz

^