Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $175.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP175
May 4, 2008 @ 05:53 PM
SK1

Exactly right. Plus art of all forms doesn't pop up out of thin air. Art is representative of our society, so if there are art forms which depict violence, violence we may find shocking, its displaying something already there.
May 4, 2008 @ 06:14 PM
superveelain

Y'know some of the comments made in here, while I understand the concerns, sounds like right wing censorship crusades. Sometimes art is brutal and violent. Its not necisarily an endorsement of that violence. In fact its quite jarring seeing the kids commit the acts. But it is true that people take things different ways. But it is fundamentaly wrong i believe to say that this shouldnt be depicted. IF thats true lets knock out 75% of all films made in Hollywood or popular vide games and television shows or certain types of music. You start censoring music videos then where does it stop? Now sure personal responsibilty comes in and maybe a disclaimer can be made but i completely disagree that this video shouldt have been made.

you really think some videos didnt had been yet?
May 4, 2008 @ 06:14 PM

Inactive

wtf are u saying my friend?
May 4, 2008 @ 06:17 PM
superveelain

maybe it makes fun to watch this video and it has a great cinematography,
but i think they shouldn't have done this video, on the one hand it supports the stereotypes against the kids from the 'banlieues' in france and in other countries in europe which are usually black or muslim kids, but also white kids, which is not shown in this video.
On the other hand those kids who can identify with this gang see that they are cool and keep on doing this shit. you shouldn't use this stuff for a music video of a rich white band

criminal youth is a big problem even in my city, this movie definitely doesn't want to fix it, it makes it heroically.

very well said,
living in Europe gave you a better point of view..
May 4, 2008 @ 07:05 PM
pikafire69

but i think they shouldn't have done this video, on the one hand it supports the stereotypes against the kids from the 'banlieues' in france and in other countries in europe which are usually black or muslim kids, but also white kids, which is not shown in this video.
On the other hand those kids who can identify with this gang see that they are cool and keep on doing this shit. you shouldn't use this stuff for a music video of a rich white band

criminal youth is a big problem even in my city, this movie definitely doesn't want to fix it, it makes it heroically.

I don't think this depicts the gang members in a heroic light at all. it's a pretty fair representation, with ups and downs, and its ultimately tragic. i dunno i have to say, i think they are adressing and representing an issue rather than being racist, and glamorizing gang lifestyle.
May 4, 2008 @ 08:33 PM
SK1

very well said,
living in Europe gave you a better point of view..

LOL. Everyone look at the idiot.

Theres a lot worse videos stereotyping people in Europe, Fitna is a recent and good example. This video's doesn't have malicious intent at all from what I can see.
May 4, 2008 @ 11:49 PM
Sk00tZ

Wtf, are you kids serious? For God's sake, it's just a music video. It didn't say "NOW GO FUCK SHIT UP IN YOUR OWN NEIGHBORHOOD" at the end.

And why can't we have violent movies/music/media? We all feel pissed off sometimes, but we can't go on rampages and destroy shit like we feel like. The whole reason this video is so cool is because we can't do and won't do what's going on in the video because we're all to afraid of the consequences. So we have movies and music videos like this and games like GTA that give us an outlet. If media really affected us that much, I would've been bunny hopping through my neighborhood raising hell when I was 14 because I played Quake III. But I didn't because I realized that I was 5'2, had an IQ over 60, and skateboarding was more fun anyways.
May 5, 2008 @ 11:45 AM
Theseventhletter

ok talk shit but im fo real...cause unless all of yall are pussys and let that shit happen where yall live idk...that shit dont ever happen around here...thats why i asked....so yeah you think im dumb because i asked if this MUSIC VIDEO was real....smh..........

yes i think youre dumb because you asked if a MUSIC VIDEO was real.......noone asked if the knife fight in beat it was real or if Busta Rhymes really got chased by an elephant come on man seriously. the name and mood of the song matches the artistic expression of the video. it was filmed well had great acting and managed to address an issue, convey strong emotions and feelings, this is no different from a movie.
May 5, 2008 @ 12:13 PM
Voyager

I don't think this depicts the gang members in a heroic light at all. it's a pretty fair representation, with ups and downs, and its ultimately tragic.

the gang has the justice logo on their back, like someone said before that's pretty ignorant to put a cross on a muslims back, i think to put the bandsign on the protagonists wants to accept their behaviour.

if they want to show their downs they have to show their family lifes, they failed job applications, that they won't have any chance to get out of this life, that they aren't accepted in our society. the video just shows the 'how they are' not the 'why they are' and that's too simple. you can also go to some areas here like a few hundred meters away from my home and you will experience how this works in real life.

do a trip to europe! it is pretty exciting here even if we don't have so many guns!
May 5, 2008 @ 12:37 PM
Theseventhletter

i think youre looking a little too far into this...its a music video the cross has no religious meaning and it being on their backs seems to be merely an association to the music.
May 5, 2008 @ 07:39 PM
Evgraf

shit was fuckin nuts!!!!!!

http://cavalieressentials.com/

May 5, 2008 @ 10:24 PM
pikafire69

the gang has the justice logo on their back, like someone said before that's pretty ignorant to put a cross on a muslims back, i think to put the bandsign on the protagonists wants to accept their behaviour.

if they want to show their downs they have to show their family lifes, they failed job applications, that they won't have any chance to get out of this life, that they aren't accepted in our society. the video just shows the 'how they are' not the 'why they are' and that's too simple. you can also go to some areas here like a few hundred meters away from my home and you will experience how this works in real life.

do a trip to europe! it is pretty exciting here even if we don't have so many guns!

I actually used to live in italy. good times, i go back often.

but yeah, i think that what you proposed is not an entertaining music video. ultimately, they are using a few events to mesh with their music, they can't really go into an in depth examination of these people's lives. As for the whole cross thing... I didn't see it at all as being a religious tie. I thought of it as a representation of Justice, which if you think about it opens up a huge variety of meanings. And even if it is religious, its an allegory, and that too has a lot of possible meanings and significance. I don't think they are trying to offend anyone by putting a cross on a muslim's back (and besides, you are only assuming they are muslim, because their appearance indicates that they are of middle eastern decent).

I dunno, I wouldn't take this too literally. These dudes are obviouslly very smart, and I think they made a brilliant music video. Absolutely brilliant.
May 6, 2008 @ 12:58 PM
superveelain

wtf are u saying my friend?

sorry i was trying to say that censorship already hit music video..
May 6, 2008 @ 01:00 PM
superveelain

LOL. Everyone look at the idiot.

Theres a lot worse videos stereotyping people in Europe, Fitna is a recent and good example. This video's doesn't have malicious intent at all from what I can see.

dude,you don't know shit and calling me idiot just because i dissed your new hype video,,hahahaha,it would have been funny if a crew of dudes like in the video come and say what's up to you,letting you going home with no jacket,wallet,shoes and watch...
May 8, 2008 @ 12:18 PM
Pastiche_

Just watch the video and marvel at its dopeassness.
May 8, 2008 @ 12:30 PM
LrgMpower

that shit was live as fuck!
May 8, 2008 @ 01:10 PM
SK1

dude,you don't know shit and calling me idiot just because i dissed your new hype video,,hahahaha,it would have been funny if a crew of dudes like in the video come and say what's up to you,letting you going home with no jacket,wallet,shoes and watch...

The video is make believe, its not real.
May 8, 2008 @ 09:49 PM
Flatland Funk

How is a music video for a song that came out like a year ago hype? I guess you weren't listening to Justice back then, you probably dont even listen to them now. The music video is just that a music video. Like some people have said its just like GTA in a way. I bet you've enjoyed that video game. And according to many posts on the youtube vid from people in france there's actually kids like this there. Id rather some kids just beating the shit outta ppl and spray painting coats in my country then dudes shooting up schools and plotting to kill teachers. With that said lighten up, its just a music video.

Oh yea. Those dudes most likely arent muslim.

Please login first to reply.