Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
April 24, 2008 @ 05:02 PM
IMTHEBEAST

What ive noticed in my generation is that music has declined creatively. What i think has gone wrong is musicians are not doing drugs any more. Now let me give you an example. An artist like Amy Whinehouse does plenty of drugs she is probably doped on something everyday morning to night. And whats the result? 6 grammys and great music. If i asked anyone when the most innovated music was created? you would say 60's 70's mabey 80's. Now why is that? because they were a doped up on lsd smokn weed and just getting drunk and f***ck up in general. And that my freinds is why music sucks these day. Cause musicians arnt doing crazy drugs any more. There all takn pills and falling asleep.
April 24, 2008 @ 05:11 PM
FriendlyGhost

you're a moron.
April 24, 2008 @ 05:18 PM
fang

lol grammys lolololololol
April 24, 2008 @ 05:35 PM
IMTHEBEAST

I dont think Pac or Big was on crack when he wrote all his classics.

how much weed were they smokn? successfully rappers these day barely smoke weed anymore.
April 24, 2008 @ 05:36 PM
pnsho

Weezy is throwing out classics, yet he's not on drugs.

What's good, playboy?
April 24, 2008 @ 05:37 PM
TheFlash

first of all the person who made this thread needs to stfu
and 2nd to the person who said weezy is not on drugs has got to be fucking kidding me. and he is not throwing out classics lil wayne blows dick

edit: the border patrol found a .40-caliber pistol, 105 grams of marijuana, 29 grams of cocaine, 41 grams of ecstasy on Lil wayne's bus.

not to mention all that sizzurp he's drinking. no wonder his music sucks
April 24, 2008 @ 05:40 PM
pnsho

and 2nd to the person who said weezy is not on drugs has got to be fucking kidding me. and he is not throwing out classics lil wayne blows dick

Haterrrrr.
April 24, 2008 @ 05:44 PM
IMTHEBEAST

What's good, playboy?

haha weezy throwing out classics? all that fool is throwing is his worm shit at people. and why because hese takn oc's and sippn on syrup. lolipop? wtf is that. horriple
April 24, 2008 @ 05:47 PM
IMTHEBEAST

edit: the border patrol found a .40-caliber pistol, 105 grams of marijuana, 29 grams of cocaine, 41 grams of ecstasy on Lil wayne's bus.

not to mention all that sizzurp he's drinking. no wonder his music sucks

im not specifically takn about rap. Im also talkn about rock and all of that isshhh. it all sucks these days.
April 24, 2008 @ 05:51 PM
TheFlash

u listening to the right stuff?...by the way you are talking sounds like you just want a bunch of hippie/60's rock imitation bands which i cant stand
there are some good modern rock bands...S.O.D., Rage against the machine and others
April 24, 2008 @ 05:55 PM
filipin0y

all musicians make the best music when their high! wtf! marvin gaye! bob marley! madlib! dilla! common! pac! talib and mos! wtfs wrong with you. and weezys fagget ass is always hopped up on promethezine that SIZURP. i hope that fagget dies
April 24, 2008 @ 06:02 PM
typo

all musicians make the best music when their high! wtf! marvin gaye! bob marley! madlib! dilla! common! pac! talib and mos! wtfs wrong with you. and weezys fagget ass is always hopped up on promethezine that SIZURP. i hope that fagget dies

if we are lucky, he will shoot himself in the head instead of his chest this time around.
April 24, 2008 @ 06:06 PM
TheFlash

all those musicians u just mentioned make good music but that doesnt mean they make their best music when they are high nor do they need marijuana or any other drugs to make good music. could be just a coincidence that they make good music and do drugs because who doesnt smoke weed these days. i really doubt music sucks today because people aren't taking enough lsd
but psychoactive drugs can def inspire creativity
April 24, 2008 @ 06:14 PM

Inactive

Seriously...

Where the fuck am I?
April 24, 2008 @ 07:04 PM
IMTHEBEAST

Seriously...

Where the fuck am I?

dont ask me you should know?
April 24, 2008 @ 07:20 PM

Inactive

What's good, playboy?

he's addicted to prometh
classics???
April 24, 2008 @ 08:22 PM
ChicaGo-Getter

This thread is dumb. And all you clowns who think artists make the best music while high are clueless. If you actually had a ratio of joints they created while high and joints created while sober you'd be suprise. Most of the drugs came at the height of their careers. And most of the dudes you mentioned started falling off toward the end of their career.

And Weezy's my dude but everything he puts out isn't hot. For every ten tracks he drops 2 are great. About 3 are okay and the other 5 are completely trash. If anything the drugs are fucking his shit up.

And Hov doesn't do any drugs and he's one of the most consistent and creative artist in the game. Same with cats like Pharell, Dr. Dre and Timbaland.
April 24, 2008 @ 08:36 PM

Inactive

And Hov doesn't do any drugs and he's one of the most consistent and creative artist in the game. Same with cats like Pharell, Dr. Dre and Timbaland.

i hope that you're saying that he is only consistent and creative
April 24, 2008 @ 08:40 PM
/GSTUDIOS\

[size="7"]EMINEM[/size]
April 24, 2008 @ 08:41 PM
kickpush

I dont think the threadstarter is looking for music in the right places. Good music is out there, you just have to find it. Most bands that are creative and expressive aren't blown up in pop culture. Go to LA, go to New York and start going to venues. You'd be surprised at the unique stuff that is out there. Skill and technique is pretty much coming back in the metal/hardcore scene, indie bands are getting a lot better than the usual slow shit, and underground rap is still kicking.

If you don't like the music you're hearing on the radio, then go out, find and support real artists you like.
April 24, 2008 @ 08:46 PM
hesR01_9eR

this thread makes me hate HB
April 24, 2008 @ 08:49 PM
SK1

Hold up give him a shot. The Beatles got way better when they started smoking weed and shit. In the 60s all the great singers were on drugs.
The Drug Culture, I think which was persistent until the 90s, was more about a sense of Creative Freedom, more than the drugs themselves.
April 24, 2008 @ 09:27 PM
OB_5

Fail....have u heard Wayne's shit since Dedication 2?
Drugs can kill creativity and talent.
April 25, 2008 @ 01:47 AM
Pastiche_

So if I gave soulja boy a hit of weed and meth, he'd win some grammy's and throw out some classics?

Of course not. Take a comparison to steroids in baseball: Barry Bonds would not have hit as many home runs without steroids but he still would have been a great player. I think drugs arent going to turn a talentless wannabe into a prodigy but if your 80% there already, they probably help.

So remember kids
M-A-R-I-J-U, [melodically](bum bum bum bum bum bum)
A-J-U-A-N-A, [melodically](bum bum bum bum bum bum)
Mari, [melodically](bum bum)
Juana, [melodically](bum bum)
Marijuana. [melodically](bum bum bum bum)
April 25, 2008 @ 08:46 AM
no1deasoriginal

nice Madvillainy quote.

So if I gave soulja boy a hit of weed and meth, he'd win some grammy's and throw out some classics?

this made me LOL

this thread is retarded btw.
April 25, 2008 @ 09:01 AM
fleaseflease

amy winehouse
April 25, 2008 @ 10:31 AM

Amy Winehouse isn't making great music because she's on drugs...it's because she's depressed and is a miserable fuck.

I say we need more depression and misery in our music. THAT'S the problem...

Also.....homie, there is MAD good music out there.
April 25, 2008 @ 10:42 AM
damnwitless1

So remember kids
M-A-R-I-J-U, [melodically](bum bum bum bum bum bum)
A-J-U-A-N-A, [melodically](bum bum bum bum bum bum)
Mari, [melodically](bum bum)
Juana, [melodically](bum bum)
Marijuana. [melodically](bum bum bum bum)

I oficially want to has Gay Sex with you. But back to non-homo issues

A) While drugs may not be the defining factor in an artists creativity, they definitely do add to it. Most of my favorite music artists are outspoken drug users (Madlib, MF DOOM, Queens of the Stone Age, Gang Starr, Jimi Hendrix, Three 6 mafia, etc.) and I don't think that's a coincidence
B) There's maaaad dudes in the music game who be twisted to shit all the time. Wayne is literally addicted to cough syrup, as in he gets sick when he doesn't have it.

All I do is smoke weed and listen to MF DOOM innercitykidsmusic.com

April 25, 2008 @ 02:10 PM
ChicaGo-Getter

i hope that you're saying that he is only consistent and creative

The fuck are you talking about? Can you read? I said he's ONE of the most creative and consitent.

Amy Winehouse isn't making great music because she's on drugs...it's because she's depressed and is a miserable fuck.

Thank you!!! We just need more artist creating music from the heart. That's the common donominator with most of the cats yall named. Not drugs.
April 25, 2008 @ 02:14 PM
ChicaGo-Getter

Thank you!!! We just need more artist creating music from the heart. That's the common donominator with most of the cats yall named. Not drugs.

Please login first to reply.