March 5, 2008 @ 07:15 PM
sydneysneaker

you comparing 50 and nas?? come one...
March 5, 2008 @ 07:17 PM
N1QUE

I got teh Magic Stixx

March 5, 2008 @ 07:18 PM
KingJersey

Listen I compared the 2 to prove sumthing 2 sum1 that Illmatic is WAY!!!!!!!better than 50's album but he thinks 50's album is better so can u pick 1 so i cant shut him up.
March 5, 2008 @ 07:53 PM

Inactive

[SIZE="7"]EPIC FAILURE[/SIZE]
March 5, 2008 @ 08:30 PM

Inactive

GRODT FTW NOOBS.
March 5, 2008 @ 09:22 PM
mykechek1212

you fail
March 5, 2008 @ 09:35 PM
Daws

March 5, 2008 @ 11:04 PM
damnwitless1

he really isn't...

but anyway yeah the answer is obvious. Get Rich or Die Tryin of course

All I do is smoke weed and listen to MF DOOM innercitykidsmusic.com

March 6, 2008 @ 12:04 AM
Buttsecks

the title had me thinking there was some underground cd that was on par with illmatic that ive never heard before...

king of dumbass nigguhs
March 6, 2008 @ 12:14 AM
no1deasoriginal

everyone has different likes/tastes. just like infamous said, depends. i dont see how posting this would change that person's mind though. Maybe you posted this to get others to agree with you on here and then tell that person "look" these people agree with me so your entitled to choose this over that. I don't see what you get out of it. Maybe just proving your elitism?
March 6, 2008 @ 12:14 AM
Phlipstar

Depends on what type of rap you're into. As far as lyrical ability goes Illmatic hands down. But as far as bumpability and production wise i'd say Get Rich or Die Trying.

sorry, illmatic also takes bumpability and production also... it has some of the most memorable, hypnotizing beats ever made.
March 6, 2008 @ 12:47 AM
yesyesyalll

this thread makes me want to fucking vomit
March 6, 2008 @ 12:48 AM
SantoAngelo

next thread *** King vs Ready To Die

Aight, ego's out the window and all lets be real for a second. When the last time anyone bumped Get Rich in its entirety? I mean I bumped that nas joint all the way through about a month ago. So for real all this nonsesnse about it depends on how you look at it is wack to me.
March 6, 2008 @ 02:58 AM
real.st.

yeah i definatly bump GRODT on almost a one month basis, but that isnt to say that nas is better or worst, it all depends on what your feeling at the time, like i can go from 50 to masta ace to giant panda back to t.i. it just depends on the mood thats all.
March 6, 2008 @ 04:06 AM
SantoAngelo

I actually bumped Get Rich or Die Trying today without having seen this thread. It's full of hits and can rock any party to this day.

My point was based on longevity and realistically only time can tell from the position I was trying to argue from. All I was saying is I had completely forgot about get rich as an album till this thread was made and a week after this thread dies its going back to that status.

I mean your a westcoast/mainstream cat infamous high five to that. I like my dose of that music Too. However, at the end of the day it doesn't matter how and what your arguing for. I know I'm right if we made this a poll it be a landslide for Nas will it mean anything nope.

Music is objective you could tell me that someone beating 2 coconuts in the dessert is iller than a Nas beat on illmatic. If thats what you choose to believe so be it. Just take into consideration I that those beats and his flow style are some of the milestones of NY sound which have been bitten/re invented everywhere across the hip hop spectrum.

And for real for real The equipment they had back then was limited. I mean theres just to much to say about the shit. I understand that people are taking a stand for what they like but picking a fight with Illmatic is just crazy to me. But going into details isn't going to mean anything so Ima leave it at that.

I think its hypocritical for you to say that I am biased and an "elitist" individual because ill come out, represent and stand behind music I consider great when your doing the exact same. Ive made the argument for production meaning something I've just never have and never will contrast the greatness of an albums production over a classic record in its same genre.
March 6, 2008 @ 06:05 AM
damnwitless1

If every rapper was immortal technique, they would't be making good music

All I do is smoke weed and listen to MF DOOM innercitykidsmusic.com

March 6, 2008 @ 08:57 AM

Inactive

I did't read all the responses in this thread nor am I gonna write a long ass response to get my point across, cause it's not even worth it. Plus, I'm a Nas fan but not a Nas worshiper who would murder anyone who says Illmatic isnt the greatest thing on the planet (theres plenty of those on HB). ANd I'm not a fiery 50 hater who thinks that everything he's done is complete trash, I think he's a below average MC, but he definetly has some dope shit and GRODT was really dope. But, the overall impact and the change that Illmatic did to the game is leaps and bounds over what GRODT did for the game. It's one of those landmark albums that did for hip hop what SGT pepper did for rock. It morphed the landscape of hip hop to a more conversational flow, it was the pinacle of NY boom bap with that preemo sound and it inspired thousands of rappers. GRODT had some dope ass shit on it, and overall on a modern level the production is ill. But putting shocking comments and anti anti elitist bs aside Illmatic is heads and shoulders above it.

Yes its all opinion. But, facts are facts as far as influence over the game. But that "its all opinion" shit only goes so far with me cuase its someones opinion out there that being homeless is better than being a millionaire. Or that black people have smaller brains,....or that this thread makes any sense.
March 6, 2008 @ 09:18 AM
Christdawg

What's better Filet Mignon or Hamburger Helper?
March 6, 2008 @ 09:48 AM
simpleton7890

can everyone get real.

Illmatic is prolly the better album but just to piss people off im gonna tell you y im choosing get rich or die trying...

more people like it.

take what you want from this post but 50 shut the game down more then nas!

and im a big nasir fan
March 7, 2008 @ 02:53 AM
ackbar

lol

trying to make a serious case for the production on grodt being better than illmatic is even more shameful than this thread..
March 7, 2008 @ 05:07 AM
dalek

Hmmm... am I the only one who thinks Illmatic isn't Nas' best album?
March 7, 2008 @ 06:43 AM
Denny Crane

I believe you might be..

edit: Which do you think is his best?
March 7, 2008 @ 06:47 AM
steveee

i was gonna give him an infraction...

just playin lol

lmaoo, you should.

this thread FAILS.
March 7, 2008 @ 10:24 AM
KillaKate

Hmmm... am I the only one who thinks Illmatic isn't Nas' best album?

No, It was written was always my #1.
March 7, 2008 @ 01:33 PM
dalek

No, It was written was always my #1.

Do you find very few people agree with you? I try and tell people that and they wind up talking to me like I know nothing about hip hop. I LOVE It Was Written. Every song is sick... except for Nas is Coming. Shoulda took that out and put Silent Murder on instead.
March 7, 2008 @ 01:41 PM
jimmysweatpants

I dont know why everyones acting so suprised by this post.Illmatic was damn near a decade ago.Acting like Nas never put out any bullshit.nastradamus? bravehearts? god son? them shits werent exactly up to par. and we can't forget "shorty, you can hold my ice" and "oochiewally wally"

Please login first to reply.