Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
October 22, 2008 @ 11:32 PM
djfermion

I need some musical suggestions. I hear a lot about Doom, Aesop, etc but they have a lot of stuff out. Any ideas on an album to get started?
October 23, 2008 @ 01:52 AM
MILK_&crackers

I need some musical suggestions. I hear a lot about Doom, Aesop, etc but they have a lot of stuff out. Any ideas on an album to get started?

for aesop definitely labor days, easily his best album but u should definitely check out the single none shall pass on youtube, thats one of his best songs

as for MF DOOM, i really just dload his shit im more of a casual fan of his, but i heard most of madvillainy, shit was tough, MM FOOD had alot of songs i like alot too
October 23, 2008 @ 09:52 PM
jamesyo

black milk's lp dropped. i got a link to it on my blog kicksrhymesandlife.blogspot.com or check www.hhb.org.uk
October 24, 2008 @ 12:03 AM
UNCOMMON VALUE

We are sixteen. Not that it matters. www.myspace.com/uncommonvalue
October 24, 2008 @ 07:59 PM
soulamazing.

Waaaait, WHY HAS NO ONE MENTIONED HIERO OR SOULS OF MISCHIEF????? confused

And, if anyone hasn't mentioned them yet:
• Cyne
• PUTS

EDIT: @ Kaedon, MMHS, ftw. Class of '12.
EDIT: Oh wait, do you even go to MMHS? If you don't, my mistake. Anyways, you've got talent, man. Keep it up. You make SD proud, man.
October 24, 2008 @ 08:08 PM
RAGINGHARDON

hahahahahahahaha
October 24, 2008 @ 08:12 PM
AmpliFLY

RA Scion/Common Market >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> your favorite underground rappers

HELL YES. MY BOY.

Fuck y'all Sage haters. Underground rap is prettttty much muh favorite genre. I love everyone one on the Def Jux roster (El-p, Aes, and Cage the most).

http://prevere.tumblr.com/

October 25, 2008 @ 06:26 AM
MILK_&crackers

Waaaait, WHY HAS NO ONE MENTIONED HIERO OR SOULS OF MISCHIEF????? confused

And, if anyone hasn't mentioned them yet:
? Cyne
? PUTS

EDIT: @ Kaedon, MMHS, ftw. Class of '12.
EDIT: Oh wait, do you even go to MMHS? If you don't, my mistake. Anyways, you've got talent, man. Keep it up. You make SD proud, man.

i love souls of mischief but when i think souls of mischief i think more "under appreciated old school golden era" rap than I do "backpacker" rap which to me is synanamous with underground rap, at least in my eyes anyway =(
October 25, 2008 @ 11:59 PM
ramenbyfueled

canibus. lyrical perfection, no lie.
October 26, 2008 @ 01:16 AM
MILK_&crackers

no one even mentioned jay electronica or necro....tsk tsk, i've seen ill bill thrown around i think but wat of da rest of non phixion? forrrrr shameeee
October 26, 2008 @ 01:26 AM
Ed.Hooligan

Yeah all of Non Phixion go hard, i remember getting into them when i was younger, copping the CD in the mall walking around with the backpack and big ass headphones nodding like hell...

New JMT joint in November, Jus Allah's back but you probably knew that. El-P's last joint was illy, Cage Kennelz ftw. Gotta lubbb underground shit. I def dont do the whole backpacking scene anymore...but i used to be the kid at the Ace Rock show, outside in the cold with the backpack getting ill in the cyph. those were the dope days

www.soundcloud.com/EdHooligan

October 26, 2008 @ 01:28 AM
heydeleteme

Going to a JMT show next month.. Really stoked on the new album.. And Jus Allah being bac.

And Non Phixion is one of my favorite groups.

Cop Sabac's new album.. It's fire!
October 27, 2008 @ 06:24 PM
KingJersey

Hands down, the Deltron 3030 joint was the most creative concept album ever. Smoke a b-lo and listen to that shit...by the end of it, you feel like you journeyd the galaxies and returned home safely, happy ears and all.

Brother Ali is a cool ass guy...real mellow, funny dude. Chilled with him on a couple occasions. He actually put me and my boy on the guestlist for the Bro Ali x Atmosphere show in Chicago a while back...tix were sold out, I called him the day of and he gave me the hook up. One.Be.Lo is also a chill ass brother, me and him kicked it @ a Muslim sports-oriented conference in Flint, Michigan a while back. He's always @ Scribble Jam too, he was there high as fuck last year when my buddy entered the battle.

Be on the look outs though, my buddies I grew up w/ started a record label called Urchin Studios and they're generating hella buzz. C-Rayz Walz' is signed to them officially, thats why my friend GON's mixtape comes free with the purchase of C-Rayz shit...and Vast Aire is down with them too, he's releasing his next project under them. Real talk, on mother.

Hip-Hop > life

Co-sign and especially Hip-Hop>>>>>>Life
October 27, 2008 @ 06:30 PM
KingJersey

As far as Underground I don't really know what would qualify J-Live is dope as hell and he doesnt get his recognition, and he's not well know, does that make him underground?
October 29, 2008 @ 01:19 PM
siberianzebra

^yes.

Black Milk - Tronic = album of the year

http://flickr.com/antoinebeme http://antoineraps.tumblr.com http://twitter.com/antoineraps

Please login first to reply.