Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
January 3, 2008 @ 06:43 PM
focus

Now we just got one more to go
LupEND

I heard it floating around. Fact or fiction?
January 3, 2008 @ 06:49 PM
VIBE

yes its true. he talks about it on the cool. its called L.U.P.END
January 3, 2008 @ 06:53 PM

Inactive

Its the natrul occurence of things nowadays. Not saying Lupe is biting Jay but ever since the black album, seems like every single rapper who ever rhymed is pulling the retirement ripchord. Its lost its luster...and I dont believe it for a second.
January 3, 2008 @ 06:56 PM
YungBrooklyn

I believe it, lupe is one of those artists that actually cares about music. He probably dosent want to see it get worse so he wants to put out what he has to say and then leave because there is nothin else for him to do if artists like him dont sell any records.
January 3, 2008 @ 07:04 PM

Inactive

K, Im gonna put this out there cause its simply cant go without being said. But, dont take it as an attack on Lupe as a person as a person or an artist. I think he's incredibly talented. But, this whol ething he said in an interview about him loving music but not the process and then comparing to slavery...or even worse than slavery is ridiculous. I understand what he's trying to get across when he says this and I understand it might be an over statement similar to when Prince wrote "slave" on his face. But traveling all over the world and reaping the fruit of touching millions of people with your music isnt slavery no matter how much creative control a record label has over your music. Lupe is a dope MC...but to believe that at 27 or so he's gonna give it up to make some type os statement is crazy. Im not saying he's making this shit up but an artist is an artist whether one person buys his album or 1 million. To say "oh whoa is me the record industry is terrible and Im not selling albums so I quit" and he's getting to do what billions of people wake up and dream of is beyond a cop out. ANd to have an output of 3 albums and then hitting your peak in your mid 20s? Seriously what is that. I could be wrong here...always leave room for error...but Lupe is not retiring after this next album...forget about it.
January 3, 2008 @ 07:08 PM
ohthatkid?

yea i heard the same thing about him doing one more album couple of weeks ago. it might be cus he doesn't wanna sell out later on if he starts talking about stuff that he might not actually think, but rather to get sales. plus if he does cut it short after one more album he'll still have an influence on upcoming artists through his whole 1st & 15th label.
January 3, 2008 @ 07:10 PM
magneticman

he is a young man, i really doubt he will stop at 3 albums and set on only that amount of money for the rest of his life, not like he is goign to do anything else worthwhile...
January 3, 2008 @ 07:12 PM
YungBrooklyn

Well Sub are you talking specifically about lupe? or just all rappers that retire early? Because Chamillionaire is another great artist who just put out an album that wasnt at all commercial and another album that didnt do too good in record sales. Hes stated he wants to retire also, so there has to be something in common thats just making all these talented rappers not want to do it anymore. I think the media might glamorize the music industry a bit too much and its not all that they say it is. Creative control might not be the only problem, i think its just they are not getting acknowledged for the type of music they are putting out.
January 3, 2008 @ 07:22 PM

Inactive

But, what are we basing acknowledgement on? Lupe is a critical darling, His first album recieved grammy nominations, which is as mainstream critical succes as u can get. Maybe u dont do jay-z numbers when u come out, but where u really expecting that with his subject matter and image. I cant speak for Lupe, but I do know he's basically treated like a god on the internet. I even have to tread lightly on this very forum when talking about him for fear of a flame fest. Go to any hipster spot in the country and see if his name isnt brought up. I'm sure thiers more complexities that go on in the music industry then I will know cause Im an outsder looking in. But, this is not like being a doctor or a lawyer or a profesion people celebrate cause they are big money makers but dont know the stress. He is an entertainer. No matter how loud an entertainer moans about the industry, he will hardly ever get the benifit of the doubt cause no matter what happens I just saw this ***** on Letterman the other day...and before that I saw him in Japan somewhere and before that I saw him hanging with Jay-z like best buds. Sure we're outsiders but to a person from the outside looking in..forgive me for thinking this doesnt have its perks.
January 3, 2008 @ 07:23 PM
focus

Immortal Technique

after bush leaves.. cool
January 3, 2008 @ 08:54 PM
pnsho

He's pulling a Jay-Z, and you guys already have that thought processed in the back of your minds.
January 3, 2008 @ 09:23 PM
Flatland Funk

I hope so. Mixtape Lupe>>>>Album Lupe
January 3, 2008 @ 11:34 PM
LoLife

Yea i heard him talking about it in toronto. he said that he was planning on doing the crs album and one more of his own and thats it. i think thats retarded. how do you have nothing to say in music? is he planning to just go braindead after his next album. I would understand if he went on hiatus but not completely leave

When he be playin Scrabble that nigga gotta figure out how to make a word outta seven Ls

January 4, 2008 @ 12:25 AM
e

Didn't he say something in an interview while walking around in CHI town with some white guy that like he really will be able to say all he needs to say in those 3 albums or like the cool could have been his last one because he got a lot of shit across and doesn't want to be all generic and rap about bullshit?

some1 if you got the vid post it up
January 4, 2008 @ 12:29 AM
Killa!

Well Sub are you talking specifically about lupe? or just all rappers that retire early? Because Chamillionaire is another great artist who just put out an album that wasnt at all commercial and another album that didnt do too good in record sales. Hes stated he wants to retire also, so there has to be something in common thats just making all these talented rappers not want to do it anymore. I think the media might glamorize the music industry a bit too much and its not all that they say it is. Creative control might not be the only problem, i think its just they are not getting acknowledged for the type of music they are putting out.
chamillionaire doesnt make music he makes crap
January 4, 2008 @ 01:53 AM
Ed.Hooligan

Idk, Lupe is usually sincere about his statements, he's known as a straight-up kinda guy from people I know that grew up with him...I doubt he'd just say this as a cop out or trying to get ni**as to buy his album, it's probaby hpw he really feels though I don't agree with it. I personally think It'll be stupid for him to "quit", 'cause he makes good music thats heavily marketable to many different kinds of people. He can make money, and the shit he drops sounds like he can put his creativity into it. Idk

www.soundcloud.com/EdHooligan

January 4, 2008 @ 02:06 AM

Inactive

Ok I think I'm gonna start taking bets.
January 4, 2008 @ 02:35 AM
hypism

Lupe is boring. Don't understand the hype.
January 5, 2008 @ 06:25 PM
Jay_Bird

I agree I call bullshit

lupe will drop another if his so called last album does good
January 6, 2008 @ 02:59 AM
scfdefinit

Personally I think only making 3 solo albums is a good move. So I think he will retire. Just leave your mark and get out of the game. As long as he keeps making mixtapes and doing features then he'll keep his fans happy. He still has that project with CRS.
January 16, 2008 @ 05:17 PM
Nawkternal

He said something about when he retires he wants to be a author.

Lupe Fiasco to Turn Author After 3rd Album
Lupe Fiasco is putting the finishing touches on his new album, “The Cool,” set to drop on December 18. After this album he plans on working on his last and final album, tentatively titled “L-U-P-End.” In a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly he says he pretty sure he’s done making music after his third album but plans to continue writing.

“I'm writing my book! It's tentatively titled Reflections of a Window-Washer,” Lupe told EW. “It's about this character who has limited amount of conversation with the world. But he has simulated conversations, as if he had ever went past saying to someone, 'Hi.' It's a real cerebral kind of piece. I've got maybe just a few chapters. They published one of the chapterettes in a magazine in London, where [the character] sits and ponders the notion, the physics, the ideals, the commercialization of the future.”

Looks like Lupe won’t be dumbing it down anytime soon. Look for the book and possible future novels to be written by his real name, Wasalu Muhammad Jaco. There’s no set date for the book to be released.

www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20160099,00.html
January 16, 2008 @ 07:00 PM
jay3091

That's stupid for him to just record one more album. Is he one of those artist that make good songs, then fall off the face of the Earth? (Ex. Maxwell)
January 16, 2008 @ 07:07 PM
soulamazing.

That's stupid for him to just record one more album. Is he one of those artist that make good songs, then fall off the face of the Earth? (Ex. Maxwell)

Maxwell's back, actually.
January 16, 2008 @ 09:09 PM
pnsho

Maxwell's back, actually.

7 long years.
January 16, 2008 @ 10:24 PM
Buttsecks

I'll be pumped if he has 0 albums left. Do not like anything about this dude, a wanna be pharrell when pharrell's not even good at rapping.

i dont think anyone took this post seriously...
January 17, 2008 @ 01:42 PM
jay3091

Really??? What has he come out with?
January 17, 2008 @ 02:07 PM
DUNCAN99

on his new album he did say lupend will be the last. noone is sure if this is true so lock this shit up
January 17, 2008 @ 03:51 PM

Inactive

lupes been holding tec 9's since he was a baby im waiting 4 da gangsta album

lmao i saw this too.
January 17, 2008 @ 04:04 PM
RUBYRHODSOHIP

LOL, Lupe said he is writting as book as well....

He did say some ish like he doesn't plan on sticking in the rap game for so long, cause he has other things he wants to achieve and explore....

Under-stand-able.

I mean, not suprising if the next album is his last actual album....But then again, anyone can try and pull a Jay, but the only rapper that I know that has ever done it so successfully is Jay so....IDK, time will tell, we can assume and predict but time is the real answer....

And lol, Pharrell wears denim shorts, WHO THE HELL wants to be like Pharrell besides being in with Bape, owning a clothing line, and getting chicas....Well, I second thought that, I would like to live a year like Pharrell....Those perks don't sound too bad...
January 17, 2008 @ 04:47 PM
soleFLY

damn that sucks if this is true. whats left for hip hop

Please login first to reply.