Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
November 30, 2007 @ 10:53 AM
camthraxFHK

Can anyone from Houston on here recommend me some good chopped and screwed tracks? My NW geography hasn't really allowed for any real diffusion of the genre into my Itunes.

I know its a random question, but I'm in South America and 18 pages deep into a 25 page paper... Help me procrastinate.
November 30, 2007 @ 11:24 AM
Mute

album:
david banner 'mississippi'
three 6 mafia 'most known unknowns' (the chopped is better then the original imo)
songs:
paul wall ft kanye 'drive slow'
November 30, 2007 @ 11:55 AM
rommell84

OKay im in san antonio tx, 3 hrs away from houston. I have been listening to screw musice before it went main stream.
To really get into it you must get stuff from the original maker of screw:
1. dj screw
2. screwed up click
3. swisha house (old school stuff)

basically everyone after that just bit the style of screwing music.
November 30, 2007 @ 01:23 PM

Inactive

og ron c

whose got a recipe for that purple stuff.

and it better not have a jolly rancher on the bottom
November 30, 2007 @ 02:41 PM

Inactive

I've been living in Houston for 2 years now. Before I got here I ws never into the screw shit. Not that I despised it or anything...but i thought it was basically just a regional appreciation thing, and in a way it is. But, one night I went to the club out here (actually i think it was during the Sneaker Pimps show) and some one put me onto some strange colored drink. and they started knockin that Screwed and Choped Carter II.....changed my life ***** >_<
November 30, 2007 @ 02:46 PM
damnwitless1

Sub is such a real niigga lol. But you need to hear "Wanna be a baller" screwed. it is sex.

All I do is smoke weed and listen to MF DOOM innercitykidsmusic.com

November 30, 2007 @ 02:53 PM

Inactive

Lol

I will always have a place in my heart for home (New Orleans). nothing will ever come close to it. But i gotta tell u...I <3 Houston. the whole atmosphere down here is dope, the shopping is good, there's good jobs here, and its a big city but has a southern charm. Add the good weed, purple drink and endless amount of strip joints...Im in heaven.
November 30, 2007 @ 02:58 PM
damnwitless1

does it still have good country spots? Because I've always played with the idea of moving down south, and I was thinking of Houston, but it seems very urban, which is somewhat of a turnoff. Plus, how would you rate the Hipster populace?

All I do is smoke weed and listen to MF DOOM innercitykidsmusic.com

November 30, 2007 @ 03:05 PM

Inactive

Nah, its pretty urban. Its a big city...and actually theres no real zoning laws down here so theres shit on top of each other..a home next to a starbucks next to a car dealership next to a strip joint. Its weird in that way but its so big theat you'll find a chill spot that suits you and your likes and dislikes. But it has the characteristics of a southern city. People smile at you and say hello and good morning and help u fix a flat tire on the freeway lol. And, there is a bigger hipster population here then I thought...but it all depends on where u go. if u hang around Rice village long enough you'll see alot of them...but the city is extremely diverse and they have people from all walks of life. But if u wanna find some all u have to do is go to the free shows at Warehouse where all the indie band and backpack hip hop acts perform lol.

I've met Bun B in an elevator since Ive been down here...and he told me "Thats a nice tie young man." hahaha still the highlight since Ive been living in Houston so far.
December 1, 2007 @ 05:14 PM
Ed.Hooligan

I've been living in Houston for 2 years now. Before I got here I ws never into the screw shit. Not that I despised it or anything...but i thought it was basically just a regional appreciation thing, and in a way it is. But, one night I went to the club out here (actually i think it was during the Sneaker Pimps show) and some one put me onto some strange colored drink. and they started knockin that Screwed and Choped Carter II.....changed my life ***** >_<

^ Son, I've never been down South in my life, but I listened to enough Chopped n Screwed to initiate enough curiosity within my experimental mind to go out there and find me that drank. And it changed my life too my n*gga!!

I'm always bangin' screw'd up UGK, 3-6, DJ Screw's shit, Swisha House, with a styrofoam full o' that lean/barre/sizzurp/drank, whatever you call it.

Promethazyne w/ Codeine + Sprite + ice + Jollyrancher = Helluva night

...I get's it popping in Chicago, I'll vouch that the Houston movement is spreading

www.soundcloud.com/EdHooligan

December 1, 2007 @ 06:43 PM
smak

I don't know much about Screw but anything DJ Screw is dope
December 1, 2007 @ 08:44 PM

Inactive

^ Son, I've never been down South in my life, but I listened to enough Chopped n Screwed to initiate enough curiosity within my experimental mind to go out there and find me that drank. And it changed my life too my n*gga!!

I'm always bangin' screw'd up UGK, 3-6, DJ Screw's shit, Swisha House, with a styrofoam full o' that lean/barre/sizzurp/drank, whatever you call it.

Promethazyne w/ Codeine + Sprite + ice + Jollyrancher = Helluva night

...I get's it popping in Chicago, I'll vouch that the Houston movement is spreading

U havent experienced it untill you've experienced in H-town son son.
May 3, 2009 @ 05:44 PM
Killa!

chopped and screwed
post some good chopped and screwed mixes
May 3, 2009 @ 08:22 PM
scubasteve911

Any thing by Dj Screw(RIP) or Michael "5000" Watts.
May 3, 2009 @ 10:18 PM
Bill B.

Chopped and screwed is great for sizzurp.
While sober it's not good but after a minute of it the tempo is unnoticeable.
May 3, 2009 @ 10:20 PM
McHype

May 3, 2009 @ 10:20 PM
D

[youtube]FIzvCyJS2j0[/youtube]

This shit knocks.
May 3, 2009 @ 11:52 PM
BruhMan

May 4, 2009 @ 09:57 AM
BruhMan

May 4, 2009 @ 04:06 PM
D

i neva undastood the appeal of this shit, like dead ass why is so hot to listen to songs played in crazy deep slo mo? i have to be gone on codeine to enjoy right?

I'm not a huge fan of C&S tracks, but if knocks, I'll give it a listen. Definitely not the type of music to listen to in your room unless you're under the influence of some kind of substance lol. Best heard on a dope sound system, just riding around town.
May 4, 2009 @ 04:10 PM
Jay_Bird

dj screw is the inventor of screw music,and nobody music sounds like his

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSmMoVf1j_8&feature=PlayList&p=EE09DB93CDA9E121&index=0&playnext=1

www.youtube.com/watch?v=scmSMGSsrgY

dj screw murked that reggae steel pulse song

dude was one of the best djs when it cam to sctraching or chopping and screwing
November 3, 2009 @ 09:57 PM
SoWavy

Look up Dj Michael 5000 watts
November 3, 2009 @ 10:27 PM
dirtyj56

june 27th
November 3, 2009 @ 10:36 PM

Inactive

^
cool
May 24, 2010 @ 07:40 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

February 15, 2011 @ 11:20 PM
Ulzzang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxcTy81NnDI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM-H6vPHkYs

bump. just started to get into this shit and holy fuck i need more
February 16, 2011 @ 07:42 PM

Inactive

this is probably one of my favorite screwed tracks.. so fucking dope

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL44WimwVVs

Please login first to reply.