July 20, 2007 @ 03:15 PM
solecollector9

we all know lupe fiasco's food and liqour was a classic but the cool is lupe's next album due sometime in september. Lupe fiasco is a very strict artist when pertaining to keeping his album from being leaked.

does anyone have a few songs leaked.. earlier today lupe fiasco posted a myspace bulletin with the following lyrics..

www.myspace.com/lupefiasco

We real cool. We
Left school. We
Lurk late. We
Strike straight. We
Sing sin. We
Thin gin. We
Jazz June. We
Die soon.

-Gwendolyn Brooks

The 2nd Of 3...Lupe Fiasco's The Cool...

Coming Soon...Godwillin'

FNF UP!!!

anyone got a clue.. what the song is.
July 20, 2007 @ 03:18 PM

Inactive

it's a poem... by Gwendolyn Brooks.
July 20, 2007 @ 03:21 PM
The Cool Kid

yea i seen that also, but thats from a poem homie, not his song
July 20, 2007 @ 03:22 PM

Inactive

we all know lupe fiasco's food and liqour was a classic

We do? >_<
July 20, 2007 @ 03:48 PM
solecollector9

well to me... lol it was i enjoyed it alot. but i was confused whether these words were lyrics or not.
July 20, 2007 @ 04:37 PM
Daijobu

The problem I have with Lupe is that he tries to portray what he believes is a better lifestyle than what the people he attacks in his songs portray (gangsters/thugs). But all hes doing is offering an alternative thats not that much better than what the thugs are handing out.

What these kids dont spend on drugs and guns they spend on shoes and shirts.

They go bananas over what jeans someones wearing but not about what grades theyre getting.

Rather than promoting work to succeed in a country that isn't about hand outs, hes promoting a work to consume ethic which really doesnt help under privilaged people out at all.

Hes got these high and mighty lyrics but hes not making anybody smarter hes just making them think theyre smart cause theyre listening to him.
July 20, 2007 @ 05:10 PM
solecollector9

dude. just might have made my right side of my brain work! good shit i understood everything and yeah lupe could be doing more with his position in the game
July 20, 2007 @ 05:20 PM

Inactive

The problem I have with Lupe is that he tries to portray what he believes is a better lifestyle than what the people he attacks in his songs portray (gangsters/thugs). But all hes doing is offering an alternative thats not that much better than what the thugs are handing out.

They go bananas over what jeans someones wearing but not about what grades theyre getting.

Rather than promoting work to succeed in a country that isn't about hand outs, hes promoting a work to consume ethic which really doesnt help under privilaged people out at all.

Hes got these high and mighty lyrics but hes not making anybody smarter hes just making them think theyre smart cause theyre listening to him.

Im no huge Lupe fan but Im not sure you've heard Lupes album considering you're making these comments. Actually thiers complete songs on his album that are anti materialism and talks about the pitfalls of lusting over material items.
July 20, 2007 @ 05:29 PM
centurion23

not only that Subculture, but i feel that his metaphors and wordplay also like...well i don't know how to put it. one part of his first verse though, in Daydreamin, he says

"Now there's hoes sellin hoes like right around the toes
And the crackheads beg at about the lower leg
There's crooked police that's stationed at the knees
And they do drive-bys like up and down the thighs
And there's a car chase goin on at the waist
Keep a vest on my chest
I'm sittin in my room as I'm lookin out the face"

i'm sure you're all quite familiar with that..but that kinda speaks out to me at least. like i think it's showing that everyone's got a struggle. yeah you don't have to be a ho a crackhead or a gangsta but like....shit...haha, i'm done. probably makin myself look stupid
July 20, 2007 @ 06:13 PM
H. Drew

Hes not promoting good grades? maybe you should sneek a peek at the food and liquer booklet....and most americans obsess over something and your making it seem like being excited about some fucking shoes is remotely comparable to *****s buying gats and shooting *****s, buying gats and shooting *****s is detrimental to american society.Lupe Fiasco does not constantly talk about gear in his lyrics.Being a hypebeast is NOT comparable to a thug b/c thugs hurt economy and hypebeast actually help it.And in my opinion it is much better to say buy some nikes then say buy guns.

http://theurbanerenaissance.com/ http://theurbanerenaissance.tumblr.com/

July 20, 2007 @ 06:23 PM
solecollector9

lupes booklet inside is a message resulting in people using knowledge as power instead of gun violence. he uses the books being thrown as bullets to reference the fact that knowledge destroys evil as he shows the gangbangers lying dead.

i thought about it but he chooses ways to connect with ppl mentally, emotionally, and physically through clothes and styles , and lupe is just someone who connects on all levels.

i enjoy everything he does his lyrics are true to what he believes and he is practically my favorite artist out.
July 20, 2007 @ 06:34 PM
H. Drew

^^exactly i dont know why Daijobu was comparing him to a freakin thug

http://theurbanerenaissance.com/ http://theurbanerenaissance.tumblr.com/

July 20, 2007 @ 06:56 PM
PeeWee

Im no huge Lupe fan but Im not sure you've heard Lupes album considering you're making these comments. Actually thiers complete songs on his album that are anti materialism and talks about the pitfalls of lusting over material items.

Yeah, thats what I was about to say, I dont hear him talk much about coppin the new shit, I mean he shouts cats out in the outro tho, but thats not the same.
July 20, 2007 @ 07:20 PM
Jay_Bird

ionno,it seems like lupe has taken the spot from jay-z of being my favorite rapper

but whenever they both get on a track,it just don't sound right to me

its like lupe is a positive version of jay-z

lupe is cold though

but I am really longing for a track with him and nas
July 20, 2007 @ 08:20 PM
Essence0

dude. just might have made my right side of my brain work! good shit i understood everything and yeah lupe could be doing more with his position in the game

I like Lupe as much as anybody else but what position in the game??? He got a lot of critical success and I know dudes on the internet are crazy about the dude but be realistic, he didn't make any real kind of impact on the music. I wish he did but he didn't and nobody's gonna really listen to what he's saying right now. I'm just interested in what he's gonna do with the next album, is he gonna stay on the path he's on right now or is he gonna flip it on us like Nas did with It Was Written, come from a different angle.
July 20, 2007 @ 09:17 PM
CuzLFSaidSo

Sadly, i believe Lupe isnt going to make a great impact because he only plans on releasing 3 albums. But i have a few issues with this thread. Why would you want to leak his song, if you know Food & Liquor suffered greatly because of it? Not bashing, just seems you would hurt him more than help him. And to Daijobu, Lupe is a rap artist, not a politician. Being he is an artist, part of his marketing is the way he portrays himself. Just cuz he like's wearing clothes, is not a crime. Matter of fact, he rarely raps about clothes, he raps more about how people in his industry influence others in a negative way. And trust me i'm sure 90% of people would rather others buy clothes than, guns and drugs. I mean why are you on hypebeast if you dont like clothes like Lupe does? Why would you expect a musician to help underpriviledged people anyways. Hip hop in general inspires people to do greater things for themselves. Its purely a capitalistic genre. Where people from nothing can make something out of themselves by using figures of speech and expressing themselves. And either you like Lupe or you don't but you can't expect him to change lives. His main contribution is being different, what more can you ask for. I dont really understand why people hate on lupe cuz of his style, and non-negative status. Hate on his flow and lyrics, dont hate on what you believe he should represent. When it boils down to it, its just music.
July 20, 2007 @ 09:48 PM
Kfisher

It's all about the "lesser evil" I guess. Since Lupe isn't preaching anything overtly negative, it's all good.
July 20, 2007 @ 10:33 PM

Inactive

Now come on everybody, let's make cocaine cool
We need a few more half naked women up in the pool
And hold this MAC-10 that's all covered in jewels
And can you please put your titties closer to the 22s?
And where's the champagne? We need champagne
Now look as hard as you can with this blunt in your hand
And now hold up your chain slow motion through the flames
Now cue the smoke machines and the simulated rain
But not too loud 'cause the baby's sleepin
I wonder if it knows what the world is keepin
Up both sleeves while he lay there dreamin
Me and my robot tip-toe 'round creepin
I had to turn my back on what got you paid
I couldn't see half the hood on me like Abu Ghraib
But I'd like to thank the streets that drove me crazy
And all the televisions out there that raised me, I was

Daydream
I fell asleep beneath the flowers
For a couple of hours
On a beautiful day
Daydream
I dream of you amid the flowers
For a couple of hours
Such a beautiful day

one of my 3 favorite paragraphs of all time.
yes

it resume the mainstream rap and shit.
July 20, 2007 @ 11:01 PM
solecollector9

for the guy who said why would u want to leak his song i asked because lupe left a myspace bulletin relating to a new song and his new cd and i thought it was going to be his first single just tryin to be on top of things.
July 21, 2007 @ 12:34 AM
rayshiest

i like lupe because he's a Nerd.

first lyrics i ever heard were "guess who's on third, Lupe steal like Lupin the third" and i was hoppin up nd down , then when i peep'd he had a "Wicked City" t-shirt in the "kick push" video i knew this guy was gonna be on my "people to look out for" list,

i really dont think he's going to do 3 albums then call it quits, he can blow up and be the next Nas, or start spittin shitbombs like eminem.
July 21, 2007 @ 10:40 AM
solecollector9

i am acknowledging the fact lupe's not getting alot of known endorsements hes not the 10 weeks countdown plays. as good as lupe is he is different from what hip hop's usuals are. so i dont know if the industry is ready for lupe.
July 21, 2007 @ 04:33 PM
aroundtheclock

Lupe is Fresh
Lupe is Muslim
Lupe is a real MC
Lupe is Hip-Hop's saviour
July 21, 2007 @ 05:10 PM
FearItSelf

lupe helps end harmfull stereotypes
July 21, 2007 @ 05:38 PM

Inactive

Until the cool drops im gonna sit back and listen to my tracks and bump

www.myspace.com/abstrusezav
July 22, 2007 @ 12:59 AM
rayshiest

are you surrree???

i could have sworn hip hop turned into "snap your fingers twice, now sit on my dick, snap your fingers twice, now sit on my dick" lame south shit, 50 cent talkin about sexual innuendo's, dipset selling crack, same old bullshit people dont even listen to the radio anymore...

that's why pharoahe monch came back after 9 years because motherfuckers need to know whos in charge...
July 22, 2007 @ 04:15 AM
rockdontstock

lupe sucks to me
his lyrics are wack!!!
July 22, 2007 @ 11:04 AM
Notorious

ionno,it seems like lupe has taken the spot from jay-z of being my favorite rapper

but whenever they both get on a track,it just don't sound right to me

its like lupe is a positive version of jay-z

lupe is cold though

but I am really longing for a track with him and nas

Jay is my nlgga but Lupe MURKED him on that track!
July 22, 2007 @ 01:11 PM
The Cool Kid

Lupe dropped the album of the year. Shit was dope, spoke on various topics like dead beat fathers, the effects of television, materialism, American government, in addition to regular shit like skateboarding, women, gear, etc. He's mad well-rounded...I don't think its accurate to say he's preaching negative shit like just consuming gear and shit. His music is mad well-rounded.

Plus, who's gonna reach that at-risk kid on the corner who's dipping towards the thug life...Lupe or people like dead prez? Lupe cuz he'll spit some shit these kids can relate just alittle more to. I like both of them but I know people who don't want to hear an ultra revolutionary MCs cuz that shit just turns them off, they don't like to be preached to. People like Lupe or Jay have a better chance of subtley reaching the kids more.
July 22, 2007 @ 01:42 PM
FearItSelf

^^I respect your ideas, you hella smart and say some quality shit in the wu tang thread and this one. plus rep+1
July 22, 2007 @ 02:00 PM
focus

People have different opinions on the meaning on rapping, hip-hop, etc. How I see it is best put in the words of KRS-ONE,

"This is the difference between MC

Please login first to reply.