Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
July 17, 2007 @ 02:27 PM

Inactive

LOL! U gotta give it to him 50 is the ultimate bad guy, no matter how wack he is. He know's how to piss people off and everything he does is calculated to get an extreme reaction, whether good or bad.

*Waits for Nas stans brains to explode*

-here's some ramblings from a new xxl 50 cent feature with a link below

What percentage of MCs in hip-hop do you think are actually intelligent?
You have different kinds of people. You have people that are extremely book smart that lack common sense so they don
July 17, 2007 @ 02:46 PM
Essence0

He's right about KRS though.
July 17, 2007 @ 02:56 PM

Inactive

Not really. KRS stopped being popular because focus and tastes shift as time goes on. Add that to the fact that his sound started to get dated and his album output wasnt as good as it once was. If he's saying KRS wasnt "hot" after Criminal Minded, that was BDPs FIRST album....he's gotta go back and look again.

By all means Necessary - Gold
Ghetto Music: Blueprint - Gold
Edutainment - Gold

And, this was back when going gold in hip hop was like going platinum, and not even including his solo shit.

As far as what he's talking about with Nas. I actually see where he's coming from to an extent. SOmetimes your music can get a bit to esoteric and it goes over the head of your audience. This isnt only true for hip hop but its true for all musical genres. But at the same time hip hop isnt made for one cut out niche. It's offensive, demeaning and stereotypical in a way for him to act like the only people who want to listen to hip hop want to hear simple dumbed down shit. Sure, the people who want to hear something a bit more intellectual are probably more in the minority but this doesnt make the music any less good. Its not that Nas got "to smart" for his audiences though...Nas still sells a respectable number. but, its that quality wise Nas is erratic....everything after Stillmatic has been painfully average. And, before that everything after It Was Written and before Stillmatic was plain wack. Nas is a living legend though and one of the best lyricists ever. But it is what it is....every career has its ups and downs, and if 50 doesnt sell as well as hislast 2 albums did (which I have a feeling he wont) I wonder what his spin on that would be.
July 17, 2007 @ 03:17 PM
sweeneykovar

50's smart, but he's definetly copping pleas to distract attention from the fact he will never be as much of an artists as most of the people he disses (dipset not included). i can't lie tho, he's killing it with the business
July 17, 2007 @ 03:36 PM
suprafly

50 being 50
July 17, 2007 @ 03:39 PM
SantoAngelo

The audience that commercial hip hop is at a younger age, that is stimulated by visuals and is respect by most of their peers. Truthfully you can find the kinda of music you need anywhere you just have to know what your looking for. Since record labels tend to market towards a younger audience your radio records will always be of a same formula as the next person. A great nas record "made you look" for example is flamboyant in everysense of the word just like the a young jeezy hit is. The only thing taht differentiates them is the actual records on the album that we enjoy with what we has more substance and over the time playback value.

Sub is right most nas records have been very average of lacking something. People tend to bring it when they have something to prove once theyve conquered critics and the hearts of people they tend to slack.

But 50 is very smart at the end of the day smarter than i give him credit for. I dont think Nas isnt selling because he reads to many books and is trying to teach, His last album has almost no playback value it doesnt flow nice song for song. He didnt step do thing we havent heard him do. Nas doesnt like being out shined by his beats never has, some of his greatest songs are the simplest loops and drums. 50 on the other loves picking beats that he knows people will love that are better than his rhymes. So whne you have an artist who's beats out weigh his rhymes and vice versa your talking about very different species.

Inconclusion to my rant, 50 needs to get in the lab with dre before he eats all the shit he's been talking on his next album sa;e wise. Matter of fact if i was 50 id pulla lil wayne and tell em im pushing my own shit back cause it leaked sorry! and Nas needs to get to working with Preemo again.
July 17, 2007 @ 03:40 PM

Inactive

ETHER 2

ETHER 2

ETHER 2

LOL Nas had his chance to do that when 50 said way more inflamitory things then Nas is to smart. All we got was the mediocre "Dont Body Yaself". I've been waiting for along time for someone to come and put 50 in his place, but now it just seems like fan fatigue and bad singles will do that instead.
July 17, 2007 @ 03:47 PM
SantoAngelo

THEY DID A COVER OF SCRATCH MAG FOR GOD SAKES!!! i was madd dissapointed that correct me if Im wrong there was one fucking premier joint on the last album.
July 17, 2007 @ 03:48 PM

Inactive

Another thing that hurts Nas albums critically i think is that expectations are always WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY to high. Cmon Nas has shown flashes of brillance after illmatic, but that album is the gift and the curse. He can nvere live up to it in the minds of his fans.
July 17, 2007 @ 04:13 PM
slsk

Another thing that hurts Nas albums critically i think is that expectations are always WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY to high. Cmon Nas has shown flashes of brillance after illmatic, but that album is the gift and the curse. He can nvere live up to it in the minds of his fans.

You can't live up to the greatest hip-hop album of all time..
July 17, 2007 @ 04:32 PM

Inactive

Is curtis ever going to go away? And I like how he called lloyd banks his worst.
July 17, 2007 @ 05:17 PM
clockwork416

50's a goof man
I'd rather be educated by Nas than 'entertained' by 50.
July 17, 2007 @ 05:23 PM
RUBYRHODSOHIP

Ain't gonna fake, 50 Cent gave some "intelligent" answers.
July 17, 2007 @ 05:24 PM

Inactive

50 Cents interviews are ALWAYS well thought out bullshit.
July 17, 2007 @ 07:48 PM

Inactive

It was?
July 17, 2007 @ 07:50 PM
Essence0

I gotta disagree with you Sub about KRS, this applies to him too. I'm not saying after the first album, he turned wack because he still had good albums but those albums were good cause they were balanced and he didn't try to teach too much. However, around the mid to late 90's, he was just trying too much and his music suffered. Not only was his ego getting out of hand but he had the Temple of Hip Hop shit which was trying too hard and people just got lost with it all.
July 17, 2007 @ 07:53 PM
myswag

not saying that 50 is right about Nas but I really don't like the music Nas has been putting out and I used to bump his shit heavy.
July 17, 2007 @ 07:58 PM
FlavaSava

"If you wanna hide money from a Nlgga, put it in the books."- Chris Rock
July 17, 2007 @ 08:46 PM
suprafly

I wouldnt go that far.
July 17, 2007 @ 08:54 PM

Inactive

like iv said b4
nas makes great songs no great albums

sub howareya?...u know after your brains exploded >sad
July 17, 2007 @ 10:02 PM
T.I.P.

i aint a big nas fan but he will always be a better rapper than 50....ALWAYS
July 17, 2007 @ 10:23 PM
clockwork416

like iv said b4
nas makes great songs not great albums

sub howareya?...u know after your brains exploded >sad

Haha. |0
July 17, 2007 @ 10:57 PM
THiZZ

I thought Nas "Hip Hop is Dead" was complete garbage. Like ol boy said it didn't flow and to me it just seemed poorly put together. Along with all the hype behind it, it just didn't seem like his heart was behind it. In Stillmatic you can sense the passion behind his words and his approach on that album was just ahead of it's time(same with illmatic).

My thing is everyone was to busy cheerleadin and co-signin to what Nas said EX:"Yea Hip hop is dead now" blah blah blah...Okay that's coo if he opened up your mind and made you realize you need to expand your musical taste but don't parade around like your shit don't stink. Cuz not to long before that you were leanin and rockin wit it or doin the motorcycle. And then all of the sudden you had people like "Hip Hop is dead that's why i don't even listen to radio/mainstream anymore"...

50 is doin what any of ya'll would do in his position(Trying to keep the lifestyle that he has grown accustom to). Hell most people that hate 50(Im guilty of this) where playin the shit out of his "Get rich or Die trying" album. You can't tell me "In Da Club" didn't have you feel like "Awwww Shit"...

-THiZZ
July 18, 2007 @ 04:16 AM
Kfisher

"Hiphop is Dead" was all right IMO, but a lot of people have been saying the only reason he used that title to spark controversy, which may very well be true. Even so, I think Nas is one of the overall best MCs/Lyricists in Hiphop.

Btw, 50 Cent knows who KRS-One is? I'm surprised. [/sarcasm]
July 19, 2007 @ 12:43 AM
unltd.

I think the quote used for the thread title was simply to attract Nas fans. That statement is not really a diss at all, especially compared to what he's said in interviews (including this one) about his own artists on his label.
July 19, 2007 @ 07:20 PM
thepoloking07

i cant believe that people on this thread are actually sayin that nas' last album wasnt hot...who cares if it had one mainstream cut...since when do we base an emcee on how many songs he put out on the radio...his sound is raw, his flow is ill, hip hop is dead was a bangin cd.....as far as 50..man 50 is weak bruh...he doesnt talk about shiiiiiiiiiiit...obviously nas doesnt do hip hop to sale records anymore he's tryna spread a message and provide hip hop fans with the good shit that they need.....im out
July 19, 2007 @ 08:57 PM
PeeWee

^^Thank you. My head still hurts though.
July 19, 2007 @ 10:33 PM
Stick3m

These new rappers can never defend themselves properly when asked about the hip-hop is dead thing they end up getting beligerent or resorting to talking about their money (regarding the ghostface issue). I was just listening to a T.I. and interveiw and when asked does he think hip-hop is dead his answer was " Well if you consider hip-hop to be *****z cyphering on the corner or porch, then yes it is dead, but if you consider hip-hop to be waking up getting in million dollar car then driving to studio in bentley then hip-hop is very much alive". Huh?
July 20, 2007 @ 01:58 AM
Daijobu

Yea guys this discussion is great but uhm... I dont think anyone on this thread has sold more than even 300 units of records and, well, 50 cent has.

You can diss 50 all you want, but 50 has millions of dollars.

Millions

of

Dollars.

Obviously hes just a little bit smarter than you :\
July 20, 2007 @ 04:28 AM
Kfisher

Yea guys this discussion is great but uhm... I dont think anyone on this thread has sold more than even 300 units of records and, well, 50 cent has.

You can diss 50 all you want, but 50 has millions of dollars.

Millions

of

Dollars.

Obviously hes just a little bit smarter than you :\

He's intelligent as a businessman, I'll give him that.

Also, lol @ the T.I part, that has gotta be the most stupid comment I've ever heard from a rap artist interview.

Please login first to reply.