Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
July 13, 2007 @ 06:53 PM
FearItSelf

Beastie Boys, a great group and they did a lot for rap and not a lot of people recognize that, a lot of listners pplay them off as a joke.
July 13, 2007 @ 09:58 PM
centurion23

most of them have already been said.. who i think is underrated. but i think akir is. the kid is reminiscent of a young nas... he's on viper records, which is known for immortal technique. also i feel immortal technique is a little underrated. yeah all he does is bash on the american government, mainly bush, but he also does storytelling like no other... and his metaphors rival biggies
July 13, 2007 @ 10:06 PM
Kfisher

I might agree with the cats who said Jadakiss, The Clipse and/or The Game, but I'm not so sure about those who said T.I.
July 13, 2007 @ 10:09 PM
H. Drew

I might agree with the cats who said Jadakiss, The Clipse and/or The Game, but I'm not so sure about those who said T.I.

whoever said t.i go smack a cop in the face so you can get prison time and drop the soap next to the guy with the biggest dick

http://theurbanerenaissance.com/ http://theurbanerenaissance.tumblr.com/

July 13, 2007 @ 10:20 PM
radio raheem

fucking jeru ... his first two albums were amazing, yet i never hear anyone say shit about him.

word, jeru is the greatest rapper of all time hands down and nobody knows who the fuck he is or do and think he is wack. his shit with gangstarr is so ill.

also cappadonna is very underrated as an mc, even though he was never technically in the original 9 he is and was still better than some *cough*U-God*cough*. plus out of all the other side mc's who were basically in like the main 15 he was still better than all of them as well. when you think of wu as a whole and all their mc's cappadonna never pops into your mind, but really he should, he is a much more solid all around mc.
July 13, 2007 @ 10:24 PM
H. Drew

word, jeru is the greatest rapper of all time hands down and nobody knows who the fuck he is or do and think he is wack. his shit with gangstarr is so ill.

what happened to fucking tupac hes the best rapper b/c of keep your head up that song just propells him to g.o.at. status

http://theurbanerenaissance.com/ http://theurbanerenaissance.tumblr.com/

July 13, 2007 @ 10:43 PM
radio raheem

cappadonna is fuckin dope. i really got into him from his shit on supreme clientele, and couldnt stop. he should have been a killa b.

word not even just that, he was ill on only built for cuban lynx, ironman,supreme clientele liek you said, and even his own album was pretty good too. but i got into him on raekwons shit, i thought his verses on ice cream were good and on ice water were fuckign amazing.
July 14, 2007 @ 01:16 AM
Essence0

I thought Cappadonna was cool on OB4CL and Ironman but starting on Wu-Tang Forever, he started to get horrible. Listen to his verse on Triumph and try to tell me that shit isn't below average. With that said though, his verse on Winter Warz is classic, dude tore that shit down and it might be my favorite individual verse from anybody in Wu. Agree with Jeru the Damaja being underrated but he should have never left Premo, after Wrath of the Math, he was still nice lyrically and shit but his beats were way below par. Some emcees I haven't seen mentioned yet (if I missed it, my bad) that I feel are underrated now...

Sticky Fingaz (always ripped the Onyx songs and his solo lp was incredibly underrated, shit is crazy dope)
Q-Tip (ATCQ gets a lot of props but Tip doesn't give enough as an emcee, dope lyricist with one of the smoothest flows ever)
Big Noyd (teared down every Mobb guest appearance and his solos aren't bad either, first one had some real bangers)
Xzibit (first three albums are incredibly ill and he could rap his ass off, 40 Dayz & 40 Nightz is too slept on)
Tash (Alkaholiks never got enough love, Tash is like the westcoast Redman, dope and funny lyricist who brought it constantly)
Pos (De La Soul gets a lot of respect and damn Pos never got his for his lyrics, dude had verses for days)
Fatlip (favorite member of Pharcyde, too bad he left the group so early)
O.C. (Word... Life is one of the best albums of '94, very similar to Jeru with two great albums and mediocre shit afterwards)
Stic.Man (love Dead Prez as a group but he shined more, has some really ill verses)
Rock (Sean Price is the better emcee of Heltah Skeltah but Rock was no slouch and he has one of the best voices in Hip Hop)
Starang (he destroyed a whole bunch of verses for years but has recently fallen off, used to be my favorite BCC member after Sean Price)
July 14, 2007 @ 01:34 AM
Free Agent

Phonte
Elzhi
AZ
July 14, 2007 @ 01:47 AM
Sordidsentinel

Sage Francis
Jeru
MIke D
Ad Rock
MCA
July 14, 2007 @ 03:09 AM
Kfisher

How about old Bubba Sparxxx... you know, circa Deliverance, before he started doing that Ms. New Booty wack shit?
July 14, 2007 @ 03:15 AM
azfan

Masta Ace
July 14, 2007 @ 11:10 AM
Rapkingpen

why do ppl keep saying Jada, clipse, n the Game are underrated. The Game is huge and Jada has long been respected by the hip-hop community. And hte Clipse just released one of hte most critically acclaimed hiphop albums of the last year or 2

n as for beans, dude is a beast just not commercially appealing. still i think he's well-respected in hip-hop and not truly underrated by most (then again im from philly so i guess im used to philly heads praising the dude)
Freeway's flow is crazy, dude finds a way to flow over a beat that no1 else can find. Heard just blaze talking bout how no1 in the game flows like Freeway cuz he just hears a beat and finds some unusual way to flow over it. Philadelphia Freeway is a great album

Yeah being from Philly might be a reason, because I grew up in MD and people listened to Beans not too many and I barely knew anyone who listened to Freeway. Now for the almost two years I been in N.C. and really know don't hear listens to respectable music. Its hard to find someone who is not blasting Young Joc, Soldier Boy, D4L, etc. A lot of people in NC don't even know who Little Brother is.
July 14, 2007 @ 12:18 PM

Inactive

Xzibit (first three albums are incredibly ill and he could rap his ass off, 40 Dayz & 40 Nightz is too slept on)

I agree 100%. X is one of my favorite artists off 40 dayz and 40 nightz alone. Relentless was fire too.
July 14, 2007 @ 01:39 PM
NazdaqNYC

lupe fiasco, joe buddens (definately) , common, Jean grae, q-tip, cassidy, Will smith (yes will smith, he used to come hard back in the day, until his recent shit became more pop oriented, I still think Lost and Found [his most recent] was an exceptional album
July 14, 2007 @ 01:56 PM
soundbomber

How is Lupe Fiasco underrated? I swear half the people that contribute to this thread don't know shit.
July 14, 2007 @ 01:58 PM
NazdaqNYC

for one, lupe's debut album didnt sell too well
July 14, 2007 @ 02:02 PM
ᴊᴜᴀɴ

Lupe..
July 14, 2007 @ 02:29 PM
Pedestrian252

O.C.
Mac Lethal
Qwel
The Dorian Three
Cannibus
July 14, 2007 @ 02:41 PM
radio raheem

esscence i totally agree with you on just about everyhting. cappadonna shit was weak on wu tang forever. triumph is one of my favorite wu songs and i think his verse on their was the weakest and its what keep that song from really being one of if not the greatest rap song ever. and yea his verse on winter warz was one of the greatest verses that i can think of off the top of my head, to top that i would have to think very hard. also wih the fact that jeru definatly should've never left premier, i could listen to those two for days and days. and wrath of math was fucking sick, but after that his beats were as you said very under par and that really did nothing for his lyrics, those premier beats and his rhymes were like a fucking match made in heaven.

Please login first to reply.