SALE - Up to 70% Off - Shop Now
June 29, 2007 @ 05:49 PM
bigsink

only if that makes you happy baby.

Dude it doesnt matter if he's a banker by trade. He makes albums not as a producer but as an MC. It would be different if he just made a compilation album and let other people rhyme on it, but he takes it upon himself to be a rapper so he gets judged as one, no exscuses, he gets judged on the same level as everyone else. So of course his lyrics are gonna always be a topic if he keeps spitin them. You dont get a pass beacuse rapping is not what got you into the industry. Kanye said himself several times that he got into producing so he could make beats for his rapping and rapping is what he always wanted to do.

He raps better than Lil Wayne. In every way shape or form. You will never Kanye go sloppy. He isnt the best but he tries. He puts his soul into it. Why dont people scrutinize Phife and Q-Tip for their lyrics? De La? Kanye is much more charismatic and does a great job on the mic. What the hell are you expecting? But since its Kanye and he makes amazing beats + one of the best rap artists in the past 10 years he gets hated on. Go bump Da Droubt or some other bullshit.
June 29, 2007 @ 05:58 PM

Inactive

Thanks for the amazing insight and the advice.
June 29, 2007 @ 06:06 PM
RUBYRHODSOHIP

^comical.
June 29, 2007 @ 06:11 PM

Inactive

^ this guy is so hip.
June 29, 2007 @ 06:25 PM
RUBYRHODSOHIP

^Yea that guy, you gotta dig him.
June 29, 2007 @ 07:21 PM
Quickstriker

Kanye is def. not the savior of hip hop.... not of anything. What did he save? Don't tell me he saved us from the downfall of what we right now call "hip hop." PLEASE. There are plenty of artists still out there doing it old school style and here comes Kanye who appeals to those who aren't as informed as other people about hip hop. And they call him the savior? SMH

That's what I'm sayin. Step your game up and become more knowledgeable abut Hip Hop artists. You really gotta dig deeper and look past Kanye, Nas, and Jay Z.

And as far as Kanye being better lyrically than De La Soul or Tribe!-that's laughable. Come one.
June 29, 2007 @ 07:46 PM
Beez

That's what I'm sayin. Step your game up and become more knowledgeable abut Hip Hop artists. You really gotta dig deeper and look past Kanye, Nas, and Jay Z.

And as far as Kanye being better lyrically than De La Soul or Tribe!-that's laughable. Come one.

answer this... who is better in overall production/lyrics/creativity in the mainstream level of Hip Hop right now if you think Kanye is wack? im just curious.

and i agree with THIZGUYIZSOHIP, lol.

twitter @brandohnn findme. injc*

June 29, 2007 @ 08:00 PM
yao.bling

i think kanye's finally got his game together. when he first blew up, he totally didn't know how to handle himself, and acted a fool. he along with outkast, common, and a handful of other artists are really the only real driving force behind good mainstream hiphop coming out these days.

for all the people trying to rep the "underground" scene, sure i could listen to saigon, necro, or whoeever else.. but really they're not doing anything to progress hiphop. they're doing the same thing over and over again. i still like the forementioned artists, but IMO they're not doing anything to advance hiphop.

think of hiphop as technology. underground cats are reliable developers building decent programs. but without (i use this term loosely to make my point) "groundbreaking" developers, we'd never advance.

hiphop can't always be the same thing, it's got to adapt to suit the times. i'm tired of people "bringing it back", jurrasic did that enough times.....

kanye might not be the savior, but he's definitely contributing to pointing hiphop in the right direction.
June 29, 2007 @ 08:03 PM
Quickstriker

answer this... who is better in overall production/lyrics/creativity in the mainstream level of Hip Hop right now if you think Kanye is wack? im just curious.

and i agree with THIZGUYIZSOHIP, lol.

They're all about the same in Mainstream Hip Hop to me. Everyone in the mainstream latches onto a winning formula and rolls with it. Duplicates that sound, then drives it into the ground until the next winning formula hits the streets.
June 29, 2007 @ 08:05 PM
Quickstriker

i think kanye's finally got his game together. when he first blew up, he totally didn't know how to handle himself, and acted a fool. he along with outkast, common, and a handful of other artists are really the only real driving force behind good mainstream hiphop coming out these days.

for all the people trying to rep the "underground" scene, sure i could listen to saigon, necro, or whoeever else.. but really they're not doing anything to progress hiphop. they're doing the same thing over and over again. i still like the forementioned artists, but IMO they're not doing anything to advance hiphop.

think of hiphop as technology. underground cats are reliable developers building decent programs. but without (i use this term loosely to make my point) "groundbreaking" developers, we'd never advance.

hiphop can't always be the same thing, it's got to adapt to suit the times. i'm tired of people "bringing it back", jurrasic did that enough times.....

kanye might not be the savior, but he's definitely contributing to pointing hiphop in the right direction.

Talking about money, hoes, Crystal, hwo much mney and hoes you got, and basically about yourself is progressive??...riiiight.
June 29, 2007 @ 08:18 PM
RUBYRHODSOHIP

^A lot of famous/legendary rappers talked/rapped about themsleves. Wu-tang, Big L, Nas, hmmm shall I go on. If you check NYC rap back in the early/mid 90s, a lot of people mimiced each others rap 'topics'.

Bump all this, Lupe is the future, face it. LOL
June 29, 2007 @ 08:37 PM
yao.bling

Talking about money, hoes, Crystal, hwo much mney and hoes you got, and basically about yourself is progressive??...riiiight.

but that's not all he spits. stronger, can't tell me nothing, drive slow, through the wire, jesus walks, touch the sky, etc etc are about a lot more than "money, hoes, and crystal"

self proclaimed "hip hop" heads really need to open their minds.
June 29, 2007 @ 08:38 PM
Quickstriker

^A lot of famous/legendary rappers talked/rapped about themsleves. Wu-tang, Big L, Nas, hmmm shall I go on. If you check NYC rap back in the early/mid 90s, a lot of people mimiced each others rap 'topics'.

True, but it was more of a style of braggadocio to basicallly say my rhyme style is better than yours. I get tired of listening to a lot of those type of earlier 90's cuts. It depends. Some do it better than others.

The mainstream cats seem to be on front street way too much. To me it feels like they all put on this act saying that they are the best rapper to ever hold the mic-even going as far as starting rap wars over dumb s*#t. Video formula for mainsream acts: hoes, the club, chains, cars, money falling from the sky, ice, haha. I find it pretty unimpressive and childish.

Yeah I can't get excited over songs like, "A Bay Bay", "So Krispy" haha.
June 29, 2007 @ 08:39 PM
entangledvyne

people outside of the Hip-hop circle to be able to enjoy the music we all love. thank god

i settle my case... I guess its the fact that i am in the hip-hop circle i dont like the music that everyone else "loves"
June 29, 2007 @ 08:48 PM
Beez

They're all about the same in Mainstream Hip Hop to me. Everyone in the mainstream latches onto a winning formula and rolls with it. Duplicates that sound, then drives it into the ground until the next winning formula hits the streets.

then you can't hate on Kanye for doing what he does because his effort is an exception from the mainstream norm. difference with kanye is he don't roll with another thing. he does his own style.

June 29, 2007 @ 08:53 PM
Quickstriker

then you can't hate on Kanye for doing what he does because his effort is an exception from the mainstream norm. difference with kanye is he don't roll with another thing. he does his own style.

Kanye Different? You're vision is blurred. Kanye's all about flash and ego-same as any other mainstream rapper.
June 29, 2007 @ 08:58 PM
Beez

Kanye Different? You're vision is blurred. Kanye's all about flash and ego-same as any other mainstream rapper.

flash and ego has always been a part of a hiphop presence (not for all artists). but face it, no ones gonna be interested in an artist, on a mainstream level that is, if he isn't flashy. difference with kanye is he puts more effort & creativity into his work. i dont kno i like kanye as an artist & producer but to each his own. and kanye isn't like many other mainstream rappers. shouldn't judge an artist by what they wear or act but by their material and kanye is decent enough on a mainstream level.

and common's first single on finding forever is pretty ill. can't knock the hustle. lolll

June 29, 2007 @ 09:13 PM
Quickstriker

flash and ego has always been a part of a hiphop presence (not for all artists). but face it, no ones gonna be interested in an artist, on a mainstream level that is, if he isn't flashy. l

Flash and ego has always been an ugly part of Hip Hop. But it definitely hasn't been as exploited and in your face as much as it is today. Now any Hip Hop artist who keeps it pure gets no play. Kanye is a part of the trends and image of Hip Hop as you know it. If he wasn't, he wouldn't get paid.
June 30, 2007 @ 12:21 PM
KC Demion

Thats almost every person its human to have an ego wtf. Plus hes black 2 and most black men have egos especialy coming from the hood.

EGo and flash is apart of hip-hop why do you think they have concerts and videos and cds and break dance competition and people tag over yo shit and make they shit bigger than yours

Dumbass
June 30, 2007 @ 07:01 PM
yao.bling

fuck people, open your damn eyes. i'm not saying kanye is the be all and end all of hiphop. you're putting words in my mouth. i said artists that include kanye are helping hiphop progress, artists such as common, outkast, talib, ti, etc etc are saying a lot more than how much fucking bling they have.

if an underground cat is too stubborn to want to make a difference and help progress hiphop out of this "bullshit so called "music" when the content fully revolves around how much bling they have and how much ass they've gotten" scene, then they're just as bad as the artists coming up with that shit.

any real person involved in hiphop, underground or mainstream, would want to speak up, say or do something, educate, and lead.
June 30, 2007 @ 07:22 PM
Quickstriker

fuck people, open your damn eyes. i'm not saying kanye is the be all and end all of hiphop. you're putting words in my mouth. i said artists that include kanye are helping hiphop progress, artists such as common, outkast, talib, ti, etc etc are saying a lot more than how much fucking bling they have.

if an underground cat is too stubborn to want to make a difference and help progress hiphop out of this "bullshit so called "music" when the content fully revolves around how much bling they have and how much ass they've gotten" scene, then they're just as bad as the artists coming up with that shit.

any real person involved in hiphop, underground or mainstream, would want to speak up, say or do something, educate, and lead.

How can you educate when they don't want to listen? And TI is not a good example haha/ You should've thrown in the Roots or someone like that.
June 30, 2007 @ 07:43 PM
Beez

Flash and ego has always been an ugly part of Hip Hop. But it definitely hasn't been as exploited and in your face as much as it is today. Now any Hip Hop artist who keeps it pure gets no play. Kanye is a part of the trends and image of Hip Hop as you know it. If he wasn't, he wouldn't get paid.

what u mean always been an ugly part of HipHop? so Sugar Hill who was rappin about flashy things was ugly? what about Big Daddy Kane rockin the gold ropes etc. There's a difference between being dope and flashy and egotistical AND being wack and flashy and egotistical... which I think comes down to HipHop vs. Rap. You're just mixing up what is Rap into HipHop ie Kanye West. any fan who really listens to the music knows when an artist is serious about their music more than money.

and another thing is you shouldn't confine HipHop to one set of "should be's". HipHop is not always direct conscious lyrical lackluster on the surface style music. there's a time and place for everything like for Kanye to be successful on a business level in the mainstream he has to be, besides wanting to, flashy because the majority of people especially those who aren't hiphop heads only like what they see. but kanye somewhat still has respect and love for hiphop at least it's roots (why did Common say he found the new primo on his new single when Kanye produced thatconfused that's why he doesn't sound like 80-90% of artists/producers out there. he's doing his own thing. can't knock kanye for his effort like i already said unless you're just plain hating.

June 30, 2007 @ 08:01 PM
Quickstriker

what u mean always been an ugly part of HipHop? so Sugar Hill who was rappin about flashy things was ugly? what about Big Daddy Kane rockin the gold ropes etc. There's a difference between being dope and flashy and egotistical AND being wack and flashy and egotistical... which I think comes down to HipHop vs. Rap. You're just mixing up what is Rap into HipHop ie Kanye West. any fan who really listens to the music knows when an artist is serious about their music more than money.

and another thing is you shouldn't confine HipHop to one set of "should be's". HipHop is not always direct conscious lyrical lackluster on the surface style music. there's a time and place for everything like for Kanye to be successful on a business level in the mainstream he has to be, besides wanting to, flashy because the majority of people especially those who aren't hiphop heads only like what they see. but kanye somewhat still has respect and love for hiphop at least it's roots (why did Common say he found the new primo on his new single when Kanye produced thatconfused that's why he doesn't sound like 80-90% of artists/producers out there. he's doing his own thing. can't knock kanye for his effort like i already said unless you're just plain hating.

First of all Sugar Hill was not a real group. Get that straight. They were manufactured. They were a bunch of guys who were put together by the label. They didn't even write they're own rhymes.

And you're right ,there is a difference between being Dope and flashy which Big Daddy Kane was-He could back it up. I know the difference. Now Kanye to me seems more flashy and egotistical, and wack. I doubt Kanye has more love for Hip Hop than he has love for himself. That's obvious from a dude who constantly tries to get attention.

As far as Common saying he found the new Primo haha. That in of itself is laughable. Primo kills Kanye.
June 30, 2007 @ 08:10 PM
Beez

First of all Sugar Hill was not a real group. Get that straight. They were manufactured. They were a bunch of guys who were put together by the label. They didn't even write they're own rhymes.

And you're right ,there is a difference between being Dope and flashy which Big Daddy Kane was-He could back it up. I know the difference. Now Kanye to me seems more flashy and egotistical, and wack. I doubt Kanye has more love for Hip Hop than he has love for himself. That's obvious from a dude who constantly tries to get attention.

As far as Common saying he found the new Primo haha. That in of itself is laughable. Primo kills Kanye.

Primo of course is a legend, cream of the crop. One of the pioneers.

But as far as mainstream goes which I don't listen into that much, Kanye makes an exception so I listen. That's me.

July 1, 2007 @ 02:15 PM
KC Demion

^ This reminds me of an argument me and my cousin had a while ago he praises jordan to the fullest and would probably take a bullet for him and I told him that he need to hop off jordans dick and enjoy kobe because hes only 15 and he really didnt experience the jordan era and if he dwells on jordan than he wont really appreciate "kobes 81" or Lebrons "48 playoff special" because the only thing he can sya is jordan this and jordan that and the only thing he knows about jordan are the things old heads tell him about him and the bulls dvd's.

Anyway all Im saying is that we should appreciate what we have right now and quit dwelling on the past cause a lot of us are younger than 28 on hear and we dont really listen to BDK or SHG so quit complaining about music and enjoy itsmile
July 1, 2007 @ 02:19 PM
bigsink

Stop worrying about Kanye saving hip hop.

Lil Wayne has an album coming out soon that people will praise - even though it will feature some of the worst flows and raps ever spit.

Hip hop is done.
July 1, 2007 @ 04:53 PM

Inactive

lol
July 1, 2007 @ 05:27 PM
Quickstriker

Lil Wayne has an album coming out soon that people will praise - even though it will feature some of the worst flows and raps ever spit.

Hip hop is done.

Haha so true
July 2, 2007 @ 03:06 PM
i getS BUsy

Hip hop is done.

i think this is gonna be wayne best album.....and he have one of the best flows in the game
July 2, 2007 @ 03:10 PM
Christdawg

^ Lol F that dick riding Son Dully. He needs to get off jay-z nuts.

Please login first to reply.