Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
June 22, 2007 @ 05:37 AM
Lew

I laughed how when I first copped blueprint and put on renegeade and was astonished on how bad eminem shitted on jay on that track.

Em>jay
June 22, 2007 @ 06:04 AM
bakes

Yup, Reasonable Doubt. Its timeless. I know Im still going to bumping that in another dacade. Fo sure.

Em did kill Jay on Renagade. And Jay's verse aint is still above average. I dont reeeally like Em, but he did well.

The Black Album is pretty hot imo.

www.themovingdevelopment.com

June 22, 2007 @ 06:37 PM
mykechek1212

reasonable doubt..without a doubt better..thats when jay-z had his crazy ass rhyme style, i loved that shit. i like illmatic and breaking atoms better though.
June 22, 2007 @ 07:38 PM

Inactive

I laughed how when I first copped blueprint and put on renegeade and was astonished on how bad eminem shitted on jay on that track.

Em>jay

Meh......"Renegeade" was just an old Em and Royce song that Jay added his vocals so i dont even consider it a Jay song even though Em killed that shit. With that being said who hasnt Em murked on a track? I still dont think he a better emcee than Hov cause Em has def fell off when you compared to his new stuff with his old shit while Jay has been pretty consistent over a 11 year spand. I choose RD because its my fav album ever. BP and The Black Album are classics IMO also.
June 22, 2007 @ 08:24 PM
DiZzy

both ridiculous albums but RD if i have to choose
June 22, 2007 @ 10:51 PM
Lew

Meh......"Renegeade" was just an old Em and Royce song that Jay added his vocals so i dont even consider it a Jay song even though Em killed that shit. With that being said who hasnt Em murked on a track? I still dont think he a better emcee than Hov cause Em has def fell off when you compared to his new stuff with his old shit while Jay has been pretty consistent over a 11 year spand. I choose RD because its my fav album ever. BP and The Black Album are classics IMO also.
jay fell off
June 23, 2007 @ 09:23 AM
Quick Draw

my vote would actually go to the black album. but out of these two. definitely reasonable doubt. even though the blueprint is fucking fire.
June 23, 2007 @ 11:11 AM

Inactive

jay fell off

but not like Em...remember "Ass like that"? That last album was trash. People say Jay fell off cause his content has changed since he's not rapping bout drugs/guns/hoes but Encore had some bullshit ass records on there "Puke","Rain Man","Big Weenie","My 1st Single" and im a big Eminem fan and i know he's always made silly shit but c'mon fam.
June 23, 2007 @ 06:56 PM
dimick45

They're very different albums. I like how RD was down to earth and reflective, it's in my top 5 of all time. It's really a melancholy album, and the production really matches it, not to say that Blueprint is without reflection or emotional nuance. RD is still incredibly underrated in the all-time lists: it speaks to me way more than illmatic does and Hov had so much to say. I think he got lost a bit over the next few, even though he spat a lot of heat. RD feels so real.
June 23, 2007 @ 07:53 PM
Lew

but not like Em...remember "Ass like that"? That last album was trash. People say Jay fell off cause his content has changed since he's not rapping bout drugs/guns/hoes but Encore had some bullshit ass records on there "Puke","Rain Man","Big Weenie","My 1st Single" and im a big Eminem fan and i know he's always made silly shit but c'mon fam.
so em fell off because of one album? KC was trash

eminem would murk jay lyrically
June 23, 2007 @ 10:23 PM
Essence0

^^Encore is the worst album any good emcee has ever put out. Em might be slightly better lyrically years ago (and even that's arguable) but his career falls short of Jay's.
June 23, 2007 @ 10:25 PM

Inactive

Eminem fell down a spiral of wackness YEARS ago.

Hip hop is not a mathmateical equation. Sure, Ems verse was better than Jays on Renegade but despite popular belief EVERYTHING is not a competition. Sometimes two artists who respect each others work and music get together and make a song together, and its only fans with thier blind allegience to a particular artists who compare and disect each verse to see whos is better. Who gives a fuck? A dope song is a dope song no matter whos verse is better. And, we can get into whos better lyricaly and who has fell off and who has the better career and its all opinion. But theres certain things that go without saying and are more universal...and to give Em a pass for the shit load of wack ass songs he has been doing for a while and to say Jay fell off is rewriting history.

. Eminem came into the game being a battle rapper right? Thats all well and fine alot of people did. BUt I dont know how he's held up to be siome kind of battle God now. WHo the fuck has he battled? Jah Rule? Benzino? Backstreet Boys? Britney Spears? Vanilla Ice? Please..Eminem never proved shit in that arean, and you see how Em jumped all in the beef with 50 when 50 had beef with the likes of Jah and then when 50 started dissing Jada and Nas...Eminem didnt make a fucking peep. Its not that I dont think he doesnt have the ability to its just that he's worried about image he'd never want the respected figures in hip hop to look down on him...a respected white rapper...an anomly in hip hop and he wants to keep it that way. he wants a monopoly on that thats why youve seen him go at damn near every white MC and never paired up with a white rapper to bring them through the ranks like he did d-12.

Also, Eminem easily got bogged down in his own shtick. When he did his whole "Ima crazy punchline, drug using, slightly crazy white rapper" thing it was intresting, and at times funny. He didnt take his self seriously and he made quality music for the first 2 albums. But then that shit got cornier and cornier to plain out wack...Seriously if you enjoyed that "Go Crazy" or what evr its called ...with that faux Pee-Wee herman laught I want to slap the shit outa you. Theres no justifying that wackness. And, people give it a pass like "Oh he's trying to sell records" Fuck that you dont have to go corny or wack to sell records Nas, Jay, Biggie and more have proved that. I think Em has gotten complacent and knows what the audience expects of him and he just does the same shit over and over...and at one time you couldnt denyt his lyrical prowress bu if you compare him lyrically now to anything he did on his 2nd album...it doesnt even compare. Also, who the hell wants to hear him whine about his daughter and his wife OVER AND OVEAR!?!?!?

And another thing...Ever noticed how his image has changed? He went from a witty tounge and cheek MC to a full on Gangsta!?!? GTFO! At first he was joking about killing people making parodys of over the top gangsta rap...peep his verse on Dead Wrong the song he did with BIG. where he talks about eating people and shit. Now when he talks about shooting someone its no joke...hes serious...and its fucking stupid. He woke up one day and turned into a thug? Spending to much time with 50??

Its over...
June 24, 2007 @ 11:00 AM
goatfacekillah

Em fell off after the Marshall Mathers LP
I used to be an eminem fan, but now he just spits garbage

compare his verses on Renegade/Dead Wrong to those on Lean Back/Smack That

i miss the eminem that used to outshine people on their own tracks

That being said, i'm probably the only person that doesn't consider RD a classic.
its good, and its up there for one of Jay-Z's best albums, but it wasn't his best
Blueprint was the best one he put out

That being said
it wasn't a KRS album, it was a BDP album called Ghetto Music: The Blueprint of Hip Hop
but yeah, that's classic
June 27, 2007 @ 12:16 PM
mrjones

Hell yea I remember the day I bought the Marshall Mathers LP, and The Real Slim Shady with the pill on the cd.....I know yall remember that....
June 27, 2007 @ 11:00 PM
rayshiest

i fucking miss eminem so much..

whatever happend to the days of "stan, kim, bitch please II, marshal mathers, the way i am" he fell of HARd and i mean HARD.

jay-z went from top of the game to laid back taking the easy route, which aint that bad but he's cheating his fans
July 11, 2007 @ 03:45 PM
gbusy17

even though reasonable doubt was a fire debut, blueprint takes it
July 11, 2007 @ 03:50 PM
NazdaqNYC

surely reasonable doubt
July 11, 2007 @ 08:05 PM
Notorious

Reasonable Doubt.. I can listen to it without skipping.. can't say the same for Blueprint, which has like 2-3 songs I skip.
July 12, 2007 @ 08:24 AM

Inactive

Em is hands down the most basic rapper to ever be credited for dominate lyrical ability. He litterally rapped with the played out "Mad, Bad, Sad" formula half his career and everyone gushed over it.

My brain is deadweight/
Trying to keep my head striaght/
But I can't figure out which Spice Girl I wanna impregnate/

His second album was his only compilation where he said anything, thereafter he just repeated what he said in his second album over and over again all the while sprinkling a few singles here and there. That just goes to show how much race matters in the world, especially America. His skin color alone is what makes people place him from off the radar to top contention among MC's.
September 21, 2009 @ 04:42 PM
Soundwaveus

Everybody say reasonable doubt, but I think the black Album. It ment more.

Please login first to reply.