The Official Kanye West Graduation Album Thread!

September 15, 2007 @ 08:44:05

Inactive User

Jack? Nah, I dont think so. It's obviously the same concept and similar lyrics but Common is talking about hip hop Kanye is talking about Chicago. Same concept different execution...and it's not really a "jack" when just about everyone listening to it know exactly where it came from. That wouldnt be very crafty stealing.
September 15, 2007 @ 08:45:34

Inactive User

Not sure about the classic part....

but I'd definetely say it went from ok to good to very good in my book. Lets see where it ends up next week.
September 15, 2007 @ 11:29:23
^^a classic, maybe not.
but I press play and I listen to the whole album witouth skipping a son.
and I love the huge scarf ( ? ) that he wears.
September 15, 2007 @ 11:29:34
^^^Yupperz. Finally, back to give my input on the album... not that it truly matters to most. But yea, the album artwork was dope when I first saw it. The first listen of the album though... I was like FUCK!!! This shit ain't all that dope!!! But then I cycled it through again yesterday while cleaning the crib... shit was kinda bangin'. I think it will all grow on me. Pretty nice so far... I mean... I didn't like "Can't Tell Me Nothing," and I didn't understand why he chose the "Stronger," beat at first. Now I love them both. I think that's just Kanye's music for ya...
September 15, 2007 @ 11:32:33
SO I went from "eh" when i first heard the album. To the next few times I heard it I was like "hmm not bad". Last not i got as high as eagle twat and banged the album now im like "HOLY COW BALLS THIS SHIT IS HARD"

lmao
September 15, 2007 @ 11:35:35
like some have been saying. i wasn't a huge fan of this album at first either. in fact. first listen or two. i hated it. now it's possibly my favorite ye album. and like sub said. when i blazed and put it on. it took it to a whole new level for me. it's a good chill out hip-hop cd.
September 15, 2007 @ 16:40:54
Loving the album, only a few things I don't like overall. I don't like Barry Bonds, not because Wayne's verse is wack (it is but also very entertaining at the same time), but I just don't like that beat. The song with Mos is a mess but enjoyable in a cheesy way. Homecoming is dope but I heard it all b4 on the unreleased track "Home" back in '03 or '04, though I like the addition of Chris Martin. Big Brother is ill too but it just makes me wonder how Jay-Z reacted when he first heard the song, haha.
September 15, 2007 @ 17:12:45
Jay-Z would have been Happy as Larry when he heard the song,
if i had a song dedicated to me, i would be ecstatic.
September 15, 2007 @ 18:07:37

Inactive User

Seriously, songs like "big brother" and basically the idol worship that goes on for Jay-z, is really boosting the dudes legacy. I have never seen an active MC get this many props and adoration. You usually have to be dead or outa commision for songs to be dedicated to u and other rappers calling u the best rapper alive (or at least used to).
September 15, 2007 @ 21:37:53
"Everything I Am" is the perfect Kanye song !
September 15, 2007 @ 23:13:40
Jack? Nah, I dont think so. It's obviously the same concept and similar lyrics but Common is talking about hip hop Kanye is talking about Chicago. Same concept different execution...and it's not really a "jack" when just about everyone listening to it know exactly where it came from. That wouldnt be very crafty stealing.

^^yeah, and homecomings a reuse of a track on the late orchestration mixtape with john legend called home
September 16, 2007 @ 10:52:09
^^^ word. thats why i still havent listened to 'hey mamma' cause i played it so much in 2004. same with homecoming. took john legend off and martin came on.

only song i dont listen to is drunk and hot girls. the joint barry bonds is meh. the beat sucks so im not feelin it that much.
September 16, 2007 @ 11:55:48
listened to the album again and to be honest it's just an ok album wit a few bright spots....common's album is way better than kanye's....i'm a bit disappointed now come to think about it
September 16, 2007 @ 14:14:36
listened to the album again and to be honest it's just an ok album wit a few bright spots....common's album is way better than kanye's....i'm a bit disappointed now come to think about it

same here, I only like 4/5 tracks..

but flashing lights the best beat I've heard in a while..
September 16, 2007 @ 14:16:06
i actually like all of them, but some not as much as the others
September 16, 2007 @ 21:43:24
so.. who's winning. kanye or 50?
September 16, 2007 @ 22:31:54
http://videos.onsmash.com/v/p9Bk7dD5pzw9Mskx
Good Life music video

I like the video
September 16, 2007 @ 22:49:24
so.. who's winning. kanye or 50?

according to soundscan's projected sales .... kanye's currently at 600,000+

goto billboard.com and its from yesterday's news ....
September 17, 2007 @ 02:14:11
The album continues to grow on me:

on 1st listen I was pretty disappointed, but now I think it's just as good as LR. The only tracks I really skip are "Stronger" and "Can't Tell Me Nothing" cause I played the hell out of them when they were released as singles.

"Drunk and Hot girls" used to get skipped every time, but now I actually like it alot. I think if it would be a lot better if it were shortened a little, and maybe turned into an interlude. Mos' singing is actually pretty good, especially towards the end
September 17, 2007 @ 02:29:06
Not sure about the classic part....

but I'd definetely say it went from ok to good to very good in my book. Lets see where it ends up next week.

ive been putting off listening to it after that first time... you and that kimmel interview (he almost seems humble at some moments) are making me want to listen to it more, i guess thats a good thing for ye

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

September 17, 2007 @ 03:29:37
Kanye seeming humble on the kimmel interview? you're crazy he was saying ridiculous shit it was hilarious,Kanye thinks he's some God MC.

well... just more than normal, and i only caught glimpses of it. i think i mostly thought that because kimmel was being really nice to him
September 17, 2007 @ 15:01:08
Really bad album, and kanye west is really bad, fcking wangstah.
The only good track on the album was Homecoming, the rest was shit.
September 17, 2007 @ 15:08:57

Inactive User

lol "wangstah" I refuse to believe people actually use that word.
September 17, 2007 @ 15:41:26

wow...hahahaha fail.

www.totallyfoolproof.com

September 17, 2007 @ 15:44:22
it's a pretty good album
my favorite track would be flashing lights

the good life video is sick though :D
September 17, 2007 @ 16:35:51
haha too bad homecoming is from "home" so way back with a different beat..which was better imo with john legend
September 17, 2007 @ 16:50:25

this made my life
September 17, 2007 @ 22:27:25
September 17, 2007 @ 22:32:30
Why do you guys like him so much?
Please login first to reply.
x