Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
May 28, 2007 @ 11:23 AM
Leumas

but the thing is for jay to have all of that money he still is a very petty dude you can see that from the way he has handled shit in his career.

gimme an example then. of how he is petty
May 28, 2007 @ 11:28 AM

Inactive

Man, cmon...its a big accusation to call another man petty and you're basing that off of a line where the dude was bragging...as all rappers do...and something he did during a beef that got personal...in which they did end of making up and becoming partners?
May 28, 2007 @ 11:55 AM

Inactive

Competitive and petty...two very different things.
May 28, 2007 @ 03:50 PM

Inactive

Maybe so, maybe not...but I still havent really heard any great examples of him being petty. ANd, if you're not competitive then I dont know if you have any buisness in the game to begin with.
May 28, 2007 @ 07:52 PM
Response

Maybe so, maybe not...but I still havent really heard any great examples of him being petty. ANd, if you're not competitive then I dont know if you have any buisness in the game to begin with.

damn man let it go....go out and enjoy the day off.
May 28, 2007 @ 08:16 PM

Inactive

your never going to win, subs always right and even if hes not he's intelligent/stubborn enough to argue his point to death, just give it up already
May 28, 2007 @ 08:47 PM

Inactive

your never going to win, subs always right and even if hes not he's intelligent/stubborn enough to argue his point to death, just give it up already

Sharing and debating information are what forums are all about.

Besides, it's their own fault for arguing well thought-out points with "your attacking this from an intellectual standpoint and thus winning this debate, so that means you must not have a social life" one-liners.
May 28, 2007 @ 11:40 PM
Third Eye Jedi

kind of sad how 50 destroyed ja rules career and then his got destroyed by game.
May 29, 2007 @ 10:24 AM
Crook

meh. hov has earned more respect than 50 could ever buy.

but having said that, props to 50 for making big bucks. hope he does some smart shit and doesn't go all mike tyson with it

I think both of these dude could care less about respect because they both seemed to have gotten into hip hop for the money. I remember watching something on VH1 or MTV where Damon Dash said when him and Jay were trying to get Jay a deal a record executive said "Ok let me hear what you got?" and Jay said " What this look like a free show?" That doesnt sound like a man who cares about the respect he can get from people just a man who can rap and is trying to get paid. Same thing with 50 he is just after that money and i doubt that he will go all mike tyson with his cash because the dude is a smart business man. I dont know if he came up with the whole idea to invest in vitamin water but i do remember hearing him talk about investing in vitamin water because everyone was starting to invest in alcohol and 50 knowing that a large majority of his fans are kids under the age of 21 knew that if he did Vitamin Water everyone could buy it. Whether he is making all the investments by himself or having someone else help him this dude is doing his thing.
May 29, 2007 @ 10:50 AM

Inactive

I disagree. Im sure the main goal in monetary. But respect has always been apart of it for Jay. I mean seriously have you even heard The Black Album or BP2 its all about him wanting the respect that he thinks he desreves...about being what he deems as being under appreciated. Sure these dudes are greedy but to front like its not about respect not even a little is a bit delusional.
May 29, 2007 @ 12:56 PM
80's Baby

I think both of these dude could care less about respect because they both seemed to have gotten into hip hop for the money. I remember watching something on VH1 or MTV where Damon Dash said when him and Jay were trying to get Jay a deal a record executive said "Ok let me hear what you got?" and Jay said " What this look like a free show?" That doesnt sound like a man who cares about the respect he can get from people just a man who can rap and is trying to get paid. Same thing with 50 he is just after that money and i doubt that he will go all mike tyson with his cash because the dude is a smart business man. I dont know if he came up with the whole idea to invest in vitamin water but i do remember hearing him talk about investing in vitamin water because everyone was starting to invest in alcohol and 50 knowing that a large majority of his fans are kids under the age of 21 knew that if he did Vitamin Water everyone could buy it. Whether he is making all the investments by himself or having someone else help him this dude is doing his thing.

fiddy is def. a wise businessman.
I respect him for that.
IMO he's a mastermind when it comes to promiting, marketing etc.
I ain't tryin to front,
but alot of cats was laughing when he had to push back his album coz "Amusement Park" didn't do as well as he expected,
but in the end fiddy gets the last laugh...
May 29, 2007 @ 12:59 PM
VK_AL3X

kind of sad how 50 destroyed ja rules career and then his got destroyed by game.

can u imagine how pissed off ja must be right now? the dude just doesnt get a break. haha.
May 29, 2007 @ 01:00 PM
80's Baby

can u imagine how pissed off ja must be right now? the dude just doesnt get a break. haha.

"karma, karma, karma comes back to you hard"
May 29, 2007 @ 01:43 PM

Inactive

As far as music, 50 was the golden boy on the first album with the stroyline to push him to sell millions of albums. On the second album he used that momentum plus his beef gimmicks to sell less but more than respectable numbers. Then his crew prospered and he made money off of that. But as we can see, 50 is just not as exciting anymore, his beef gimmick have gotten tired, his sing songy choruses and hooks are as entertaining. His beat selection has seemed to waine. Members of his crew are either flopping are showing signs of wanting to move on, and the singles off of his new album are just plaoin getting 0 buzz. So at the end of the day this is the best thing that could have happened to 50, so if his album doesnt do as well or if it even tanks he and his cult like fans can always say "so he dont need to rap he got 400 mill from coca cola."...Fine...thats great for him...but for the sake of my ears it would be good if he did stop rapping.

fiddy is def. a wise businessman.
I respect him for that.
IMO he's a mastermind when it comes to promiting, marketing etc.
I ain't tryin to front,
but alot of cats was laughing when he had to push back his album coz "Amusement Park" didn't do as well as he expected,
but in the end fiddy gets the last laugh..

uhn huh
May 30, 2007 @ 02:24 AM
Crook

I disagree. Im sure the main goal in monetary. But respect has always been apart of it for Jay. I mean seriously have you even heard The Black Album or BP2 its all about him wanting the respect that he thinks he desreves...about being what he deems as being under appreciated. Sure these dudes are greedy but to front like its not about respect not even a little is a bit delusional.

That was my main point. I think if Jay had a choice between being very well respected on the streets and still living in the ghetto or being rich with not as much respect.....he most likely pick his money over respect. Thinking that these guys want more respect than money is delusional.
May 30, 2007 @ 06:49 AM

Inactive

That was my main point. I think if Jay had a choice between being very well respected on the streets and still living in the ghetto or being rich with not as much respect.....he most likely pick his money over respect. Thinking that these guys want more respect than money is delusional.

pffft

I wont argue with that. And, alot of people would take that option as well Im sure.

And, never said more respect then money. But to dwindle it down to its simplest form and act like these dudes are just money hounds and never ever wanted respect is glossing over a big part of Jays career.
May 30, 2007 @ 08:09 AM
MystaX

any HB traders can further explain this, but 50 will not be getting 400mil flat... he will have to pay capital gains tax on it since his shares were bought in 2004 and were later sold to coca-cola
May 30, 2007 @ 10:19 AM
Lostbryan

Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff must be so pissed.
May 30, 2007 @ 11:52 AM
Deco

50 Cent did the vitamin water thing because of a combination of a sponsorship deal and his business manager. i won't believe for a second that he was worried about investing back in 2004.

As for $400mil, that's still $600mil short of $1B. say he's sitting on even $500m and it'll still take another $500m--that stuff doesn't grow on trees. It's going to take him investing in the next youtube or VC fund that invests in the next youtube to come anywhere close. And, it might be a good idea to take that cash in stock in hopes that it's going to really payoff for coke in the coming years.

Get rich or die tryin--he got rich. good for him.
May 30, 2007 @ 12:36 PM
Crook

pffft

I wont argue with that. And, alot of people would take that option as well Im sure.

And, never said more respect then money. But to dwindle it down to its simplest form and act like these dudes are just money hounds and never ever wanted respect is glossing over a big part of Jays career.

So in conclusion we have come to the conclusion that they want both respect and money....that was obivous from the beginning; the debate went no where lol
May 30, 2007 @ 01:43 PM

Inactive

true lol
May 30, 2007 @ 02:53 PM
Christdawg

I wish he would stick to business and not destroy music in his spare time

CO-SIGN. I HATE HIM.
May 30, 2007 @ 02:57 PM
Christdawg

Kinda sad how he made a killing off dissing ja-rule about how hes always singing in the hook and every song he drops hes doing exactly the same thing.
May 30, 2007 @ 11:51 PM
rayshiest

i would always bash on 50 cent, i loved his first album (get rich or die tryin...well his first official 1) but after that he jsut got cocky....

but i respect his hustle, fricking vitamin water!?!? 400 mil. from a vitamin water.. respect the man....

now his music...got bland and cocky, but i must say these 2 singles he has now are catchy and he still has potential to fix himself.

he will never be jay tho.
May 31, 2007 @ 03:21 PM

Inactive

So uuhhh several outlets a reporting that the whole "50 cent gets 400 mill" thing is a PR stunt...

here's one
www.prohiphop.com/2007/05/rumor_of_50_cen.html

another (scroll down)
playahata.com/

and another...
idolator.com/tunes/track-marks/how-the-50-cent-made-400-million-from-vitamin-water-rumor-became-this-weeks-biggest-rumor-in-the-world-264403.php

and theres more that I didnt post...

How "50 cent made 400 mill from vitamin water" rumor became this weeks biggest rumor in the world

Artist: 50 Cent
Project: A $400 million windfall from the sale of Glac
June 1, 2007 @ 05:16 PM
Deco

there was an old MTV show where they were setting up his massacre release party at his house and it showed him at glaceau talking about vitamin water and his sponsorship/investment in them. i remember it saying something about it and his new drink, but can't remember what. i assumed it was true since i'd seen that show. who knows. maybe someone will find the video.
June 1, 2007 @ 05:36 PM
Deco

"Last year the G-Unit sneakers he designed for Reebok brought in an estimated $20 million; his clothing line made an additional $50 million. He also bought a stake in Glaceau vitamin-water after turning down several liquor-company deals. "I don't drink," he says. "I grew up around alcoholics. Why would I drink?''

It's Newsweek from Feb., best I could find in 5 mins:
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6959748/site/newsweek/page/2/
June 1, 2007 @ 05:52 PM

Inactive

No one is questioning that 50 has an intrest in Glaceau. Rather the blogs and investigative sites are questioning the 10% aspect that one website wrote that he had and then they called Glaceau and the company neither confirmed nor denied that the stake was that high and that 50 got the 400 mill that some media outlets are reporting. They say they are calling the stake 10% as a PR move to make 50 look like he's in a better light after having his album pushed back after his singles had almost no buzz.
June 1, 2007 @ 06:11 PM
Deco

i don't doubt that. he sold 11m copies the first time out because of buzz and curiosity, same with the second because of the whole Game thing. It doesn't surprise me that they'd try to do something like that to generate buzz for the third since the market is so oversaturated with the guy. Even if he ONLY made $50m, I'd still be impressed, but not as impressed as $400m, I'll admit...it's easier than taking 9 more shots...
June 1, 2007 @ 06:17 PM

Inactive

lol very true.

Either way he came away with a chunk. Hey, lying is all apart of the industry..its about apperance first and then facts later.

Please login first to reply.