Enjoy an Additional 10% Off on All Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA10
January 8, 2014 @ 10:03 PM
Shrooms God

Explain why in the posting. By the way, Yeezus was the best album of 2013. 
January 9, 2014 @ 11:26 PM
phantomony

yeezus for sure. nothing stirred up people around the industry more. i didn't listen to most of nwts. but yeezus was a much bigger release even aside from the tracks themselves. i think that its going to dictate what direction hip hop goes in much more than nwts. i think you're going to start seeing much more minimalistic production and records. i am biased against drake to start with, but i think its safe to say yeezus was much bigger.
January 10, 2014 @ 06:13 AM
Bandwagon

a kanye stan would make a thread like this 
January 10, 2014 @ 12:32 PM
supersupersuper

Neither, you need to be bumping that Acid Rap!!!
January 10, 2014 @ 04:15 PM
NZOO

Staying on topic, Yeezus was a better album because Nothing Was The Same was the same as previous albums. Yeezus came from left field, incorporated other genres, blend sounds, and took risks.

Don't badmind me.

January 10, 2014 @ 10:34 PM
Shrooms God

yeezus for sure. nothing stirred up people around the industry more. i didn't listen to most of nwts. but yeezus was a much bigger release even aside from the tracks themselves. i think that its going to dictate what direction hip hop goes in much more than nwts. i think you're going to start seeing much more minimalistic production and records. i am biased against drake to start with, but i think its safe to say yeezus was much bigger.
Yes. Yes. Yes, man. I fucks with Drake heavy as fuck. The whole minimalist approac that was tooken and the background of Yeezus definitely was more interesting, although NWTS was a beautiful ass album. 
January 10, 2014 @ 10:35 PM
Shrooms God

Acid Rap was cool. A top 15 album of 2013. Definitely not a top 5. Shoutouts to Chance though. Real down to Earth cat. 
January 10, 2014 @ 11:32 PM
Moises Arias

By the way, Yeezus was the best album of 2013. 
fuck outta here. 

My name is ASAC Schrader, and you can go fuck yourself.

January 11, 2014 @ 03:48 AM
Shrooms God

fuck outta here. 
You know one better?
January 11, 2014 @ 06:05 AM
teows

Yeezus. I can't listen to wheelchair Jimmy for more than 4 minutes at a time.

i was fuckdante. love sosa gucci coach out the bitches weave merc out

January 11, 2014 @ 02:49 PM
Pantic

Neither were memorable rap albums, but Yeezus was a way cooler experience and product. There was more thought and idea to the album, it was different, just an all-round better experience. If i knew what was comming before listening to Yeezus i think i'd have loved the first play-through.
January 11, 2014 @ 11:57 PM
joeywankenobi

NWTS for me. Yeezus was cool, but NWTS had more replay value.

Acid rap was better than both btw
January 12, 2014 @ 12:14 AM
Tyler Bailey

you honestly can't compare the two. 
January 12, 2014 @ 01:26 AM
phantomony

fuck outta here. 
You know one better?
acid rap as far as rap goes. and i know it may be an unpopular opinion but i enjoyed indicud more, which also had many tracks that incorporated a minimalistic approach. doris was also vey good.

i love yeezus, but i think there were albums that were better at face value. however, none of those other projects, in the long run, will match up with he impact yeezus makes on the industry
January 12, 2014 @ 01:29 AM
phantomony

for what its worth, i think mac miller established himself as a legitimate rapper as opposed to his earlier music which was geared towards white 14 year olds in snapbacks. not up there with any of those i previously mentioned, but he put out numerous projects just in 2013 alone and is definitely making moves. 
January 12, 2014 @ 02:49 PM
Moises Arias

fuck outta here. 
You know one better?

Most slept on album of 2013. Cant listen to that yeezus crap

January 12, 2014 @ 04:40 PM
bonemarrow

fuck outta here. 
You know one better?

Most slept on album of 2013.

http://www.last.fm/user/basedvern

January 12, 2014 @ 04:48 PM
thehorseman

Both albums are very good imo, Yeezus is something different and really forces the crowd to have a certain opinion, the album came out really good, but its not one of Kanyes best albums ever, but its something new.

NWTS is also a very good album, imo there isnt a bad track on the album, which is very rare today. One of the better albums this year
January 12, 2014 @ 05:25 PM
YoungRizal

Beyoncé best album of 2013 fuck outta here

FS - Supreme Nupste, WTAPS Parasmock ETC

January 12, 2014 @ 06:22 PM
ibn23

Nothing Was The Same was basically Take Care with more of a story line, technically a more organized version of Take Care.

Yeezus on the other hand was unlike any other rap album the world has heard, everyone knew what to pretty much expect from NWTS, but that definitely wasn't the case with Yeezus.

Yeezus' shock value and untraditional way of marketing and things of that nature easily push Yeezus over the top, as a rap project with the beats, raps, and how insane it was sonically. The marketing and screening videos on buildings for the people, was just even more of a plus. 

YEEZUS > NWTS

I prefer Childish Gambino's because the internet album > NWTS 

@ibn23 / www.ibngold.com

January 12, 2014 @ 08:06 PM
Shrooms God

Love the different opinions. Since most doesn't want to stay on task, I made a Top 5 Hip-Hop Albums of 2013 thread. Send your fuckery to that. http://hypebeast.com/forums/music/212543
January 12, 2014 @ 10:48 PM
Madjawns

Yeezus but only by a little bit.
January 13, 2014 @ 12:43 AM
zeezyo

NWTS is the epitome of what hip-hop is today. It didnt do anything different. Not to say it wasnt a good album, but it is exactly the type of music I think about when modern hiphop is mentioned. It is very refined. Obvious that Drake was going for "perfect".

On the other hand, I think Yeezus was intentionally far from "perfect". Yeezus is different from anything I've heard in mainstream "hiphop". Took a couple listens but I think I appreciate it now. 

I would NWTS was better just because I can just turn it on and chill. I feel like I can't listen to Yeezus for too long.

X

January 13, 2014 @ 01:26 AM
KTA

You can't justify Yeezus bein a better album just because it was different. Ye has been in the game a while and has already proven himself so puttin it out wasnt a risk. Not sayin Drake hasn't proved himself but if he put out an album similar to Yeezus niggas wouldnt hesitate to label him wack. Also ymcmb could care less about pushin boundaries and putting out a different sound, they just want sales so they push generic hip hop. That bein said NWTS wins imo
January 13, 2014 @ 02:08 AM
jvdude

NWTS was gay
Didnt really like yeezus compared to previous kanye albums, but yeezus was better IMO
January 13, 2014 @ 02:42 AM
Moises Arias

yeezus was kanye laziest work to date. His promos and antics are better than that album. But whats more disappointing is how big of a sucker you guys are. What Kanye did on Yeezus may be new for HIM but rappers been making "minimalist" records for a years. And personally i wouldnt even call yeezus a minimalist album. Kanye didnt "change the game" or "brought something new to rap" at all. Only plus i can give yeezus is that kanye did a good job marketing it and some of his marketing ideas was very original and entertaining. But the product was extremely lackluster imo.Only 3/10 songs are decent and have replay value. Not gonna front like i didnt have high hopes for this album and i came in expecting to hear something different cause thats what kanye does. But this shit was hella disappointing, it was like Kanye just decided to make an album in 3 days and release it cause he knows its gonna sell.  

January 13, 2014 @ 10:18 PM
phantomony

Acid Rap was cool. A top 15 album of 2013. Definitely not a top 5. Shoutouts to Chance though. Real down to Earth cat. 
there were definitely not 5 albums better than acid rap. it was one of the most original projects in recent memory. it was refreshing to listen to
January 13, 2014 @ 10:22 PM
phantomony

You can't justify Yeezus bein a better album just because it was different. Ye has been in the game a while and has already proven himself so puttin it out wasnt a risk. Not sayin Drake hasn't proved himself but if he put out an album similar to Yeezus niggas wouldnt hesitate to label him wack. Also ymcmb could care less about pushin boundaries and putting out a different sound, they just want sales so they push generic hip hop. That bein said NWTS wins imo
i do not understand this at all. you basically just said that, despite the fact that being original doesn't make it better, kanye took a risk that drake wouldn't have been able to take, still made an amazing album. drake, being part of ymcmb means generic hip-hop, pushing no boundaries whatsoever, only pushing sales. 

but then you say NWTS is better?
January 13, 2014 @ 10:31 PM
phantomony

yeezus was kanye laziest work to date. His promos and antics are better than that album. But whats more disappointing is how big of a sucker you guys are. What Kanye did on Yeezus may be new for HIM but rappers been making "minimalist" records for a years. And personally i wouldnt even call yeezus a minimalist album. Kanye didnt "change the game" or "brought something new to rap" at all. Only plus i can give yeezus is that kanye did a good job marketing it and some of his marketing ideas was very original and entertaining. But the product was extremely lackluster imo.Only 3/10 songs are decent and have replay value. Not gonna front like i didnt have high hopes for this album and i came in expecting to hear something different cause thats what kanye does. But this shit was hella disappointing, it was like Kanye just decided to make an album in 3 days and release it cause he knows its gonna sell.  
agree and disagree. yes, kanye is certainly not the inventor of minimalism, but this album is going to push the style into prominence within the industry. and i liked the majority of the album, though there definitely were some very weak tracks, but with the idea that kanye can sell because he's kanye is something that i think he's trying to make people realize. it goes along with the criticisms of society he voices in numerous interviews and in songs like new slaves. the dude sold a "hip-hop tee shirt", which was just a plain white tee, for over a hundred bucks. it sold out. 

i could be looking way too far into this and kanye could really just be fucking with us all. but i think all of this is him trying to make a point about the superficiality in the world, that a name and an image hold more worth than the art behind it. it just seems intentional to me.
January 14, 2014 @ 12:38 AM
Shrooms God

agree and disagree. yes, kanye is certainly not the inventor of minimalism, but this album is going to push the style into prominence within the industry. and i liked the majority of the album, though there definitely were some very weak tracks, but with the idea that kanye can sell because he's kanye is something that i think he's trying to make people realize. it goes along with the criticisms of society he voices in numerous interviews and in songs like new slaves. the dude sold a "hip-hop tee shirt", which was just a plain white tee, for over a hundred bucks. it sold out. 

i could be looking way too far into this and kanye could really just be fucking with us all. but i think all of this is him trying to make a point about the superficiality in the world, that a name and an image hold more worth than the art behind it. it just seems intentional to me.
He's said this in countless interviews. "I'm at a point where I can do and say whatever I want and get away with it because I'm Kanye West". I think it goes farther beyond the music though. He wants human development. A lot of people do. Hell, even I do. It's the vision. The media just crowds everyone's perception. 

Please login first to reply.