Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
November 20, 2013 @ 12:33 PM
CudiMusicZone

What you think? wack or dope?
November 20, 2013 @ 01:41 PM
JohnvHarrison

Nigga you just mentioned Psychedelic shit coming back, and cite a damn Rap Duo? Come on

http://www.theyhatechange.com Beauty Squad Click on the rise #B$C Get down or lay down

November 20, 2013 @ 02:07 PM
playboyxxx

dont think psych music ever really left. since 1970 its roots have been in all types of genres

pink like hamilton

November 20, 2013 @ 02:11 PM
Olive C

I didn't know it had ever gone away...but then I guess I'm showing my age...
November 20, 2013 @ 02:21 PM
thatniggatho

"Nigga you just mentioned Psychedelic shit coming back, and cite a damn Rap Duo? Come on"

Agreed, but the only thing good you posted was 'Tame impala'
I shoot more for complex overlays of sounds in my Psychedelic music. 
Something to elevate me.
More closer to a pure and complex progression/dynamic of sound. Not someone's quirky lyrics that hides a simple instrumented beat and/or drowns out a beautiful sound.
November 20, 2013 @ 02:26 PM
thatniggatho

"Songs often have more complex song structures, key and time signature changes, modal melodies and drones than other music"
November 20, 2013 @ 03:03 PM
JohnvHarrison

"Nigga you just mentioned Psychedelic shit coming back, and cite a damn Rap Duo? Come on"

Something to elevate me.
More closer to a pure and complex progression/dynamic of sound. Not someone's quirky lyrics that hides a simple instrumented beat and/or drowns out a beautiful sound.
Good is relative. 

But if you're looking for "complex" i would go for this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuggets:_Original_Artyfacts_from_the_First_Psychedelic_Era,_1965%E2%80%931968

or any of the Pebbles compilations

http://www.theyhatechange.com Beauty Squad Click on the rise #B$C Get down or lay down

November 20, 2013 @ 03:35 PM
thatniggatho

Something to elevate me.
Good is relative. 

Well, that same logic applies to your comment as well :
Nigga you just mentioned Psychedelic shit coming back, and cite a damn Rap Duo
.....Now doesn't it. 

I'll remind you of what Psychadelic music generally is : 

"Songs often have more complex song structures, key and time signature changes, modal melodies and drones than other music"

As such, 'Good psychadelic music' to me is how well something adhere's to the expectation set forth by the genre.
So, regarding my comment, and to be more specific, other than Tame Impala, you posted songs on par w/ the quality of the 'rap' the op posted. Why? because, like the OP's songs, the other 2 you posted, aside from Tame Impala, were... #basic and not true to the essence of Psychadelic music. Just because you make off beats and random quirky stuff will you're under the influence doesn't make it 'Psychadelic music'

Thanks for the suggestion on 'nuggets', I'll check em out.
November 20, 2013 @ 05:47 PM
playboyxxx

also agree tame impala the only shit I like you posted. peep melodys echo if you haven't already John 

pink like hamilton

November 20, 2013 @ 07:00 PM
theconqueror

November 20, 2013 @ 07:38 PM
mrh

i really hope psychedelic music isn't the next trend.  I personally think people are seeing these other psychedelic themes in hip hop that have taken off like Chance's Acid Rap and are trying to force a trend and rap about lsd.  Hell even big sean referenced it on his album.  I really just dont feel like seeing acid be the next molly with it being all people talk about and rap about and have no clue about the stuff.
November 20, 2013 @ 09:18 PM
laserdis

i really hope psychedelic music isn't the next trend.  I personally think people are seeing these other psychedelic themes in hip hop that have taken off like Chance's Acid Rap and are trying to force a trend and rap about lsd.  Hell even big sean referenced it on his album.  I really just dont feel like seeing acid be the next molly with it being all people talk about and rap about and have no clue about the stuff.
Acid Rap isnt even psychedelic music (minus Paranoia maybe). i mean sure theres references, but that's just lyrics.

The only "psychedelic" rappers i can really name are The Underacheivers and Flatbush Zombies off top.
Flying Lotus/Captain Murphy might count but he is like the master of producing psychedelic music.
November 20, 2013 @ 09:33 PM
playboyxxx

Acid Rap isnt even psychedelic music (minus Paranoia maybe). i mean sure theres references, but that's just lyrics.

The only "psychedelic" rappers i can really name are The Underacheivers and Flatbush Zombies off top.
Flying Lotus/Captain Murphy might count but he is like the master of producing psychedelic music.
flylo is more like electro jazz/soul/hip hop but he definitely has psychedelic influences. id give kevin parker that throne as far as current producers go

pink like hamilton

November 20, 2013 @ 11:00 PM
Bishop Don SpacePimp

dont think psych music ever really left. since 1970 its roots have been in all types of genres
^^^^THIS. I think to those who don't expose themselves to a wide variety of music it might be "NEW" but it's been an influence everywhere in music for a long time now.

I've been known to invoke......FEELINGS.

November 21, 2013 @ 06:31 PM
Λlexamiles

i dont think id call the underachievers or anything like that psychedelic music... more like trill wave on crack

i make music n shit - https://soundcloud.com/alexamiles - @alexamilesMusic - milesalexamiles@gmail.com - blunts

Please login first to reply.