Enjoy an Additional 10% Off on All Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA10
November 16, 2013 @ 07:18 PM
scottsummers

Alright producers of HB I could really use you're help on what you feel is the best software and tutorials to start producing you're own beats. I'm coming to the realization that the sound I want for my album won't be accomplish unless I do the beats myself. What are some of the software, beat machines etc. you use to create you're sound. And btw this is no knock to any producers on here. I actually fuck w/ a lot of producers music on here. But just right now I just got these sounds in my head and a specific route I wanna go w/ this album. And I have to do it myself. If you all can point me in the right direction to start my transition to producer/rapper I would preciate that a lot fam!
November 16, 2013 @ 08:10 PM
bootynuggets

start with fl studio, get a feel for the software. i can't give any specific videos but go on youtube and learn as much as possible about fl studio. it took me about a year to get "good" at fl, and i still feel like i'm shit compared to tons of other producers. if you're really dedicated, you could learn fl within a matter of months or even weeks if you really wanna get into producing. also, download a bunch of drum kits (if you come across the "lex luger trap kits", download ONLY ONE of them and then find other kits because even though the lex luger kits contain very good samples, if most of your drums are mainly trap kits, you're gonna end up sounding like most other producers). along with drum kits, download some vsts (synths and other instruments). yeah, this all sounds pretty vague but "producing" is a pretty general topic. hope i've been of some help.

I produce with a friend for fun. https://soundcloud.com/kopm

November 16, 2013 @ 08:14 PM
scottsummers

I preciate the input it's actually helpful. Like I know nothing about the lex luger trap kits. I knew about drum kits of course but not that particular brand. It's giving me a good start and idea on where to go. I def. aint trying to have a trap sound to my music since that's not my style. Maybe a few and I mean a few elements that trap has but blend it with something very opposite of that.
November 18, 2013 @ 06:55 AM
ziggz35

Maschine. hands down the best for new beat makers. also i hit you up on Soundcloud i believe

soundcloud.com/poppashome. Habitual Genere Line Stepper

November 18, 2013 @ 04:19 PM
NZOO

Maschine. hands down the best for new beat makers. also i hit you up on Soundcloud i believe
I think Maschine requires a midi controller to work though. IMO all daws are the same when it comes to making music, just have the right sounds and put together whatever you feel. It's good to start with basic tutorials though and pretty much Fl makes it easier to navigate for a beginner.

Don't badmind me.

November 18, 2013 @ 06:48 PM
beenyce

definitely go with FL studio to start. first of all its free and super user friendly. I have machine as well but still find myself going back to FL especially when I'm not sampling. The only way to get Maschine software is to get the controller, cant buy it separately 
November 19, 2013 @ 01:15 AM
ziggz35

I think Maschine requires a midi controller to work though. IMO all daws are the same when it comes to making music, just have the right sounds and put together whatever you feel. It's good to start with basic tutorials though and pretty much Fl makes it easier to navigate for a beginner.
yea but it comes with it.

November 19, 2013 @ 02:07 AM
NZOO

You want him to fork out $600 lol when he can learn for free...

Don't badmind me.

November 19, 2013 @ 02:40 AM
SATA HDD

i'd say to get a maschine, it's great for sampling and if you want to come up with your own melodies and chords, it has a great sound selection to do that. 
November 19, 2013 @ 05:20 AM
Ape

FL Studio

and don't be lazy when it comes to researching and watching 10, 15, 30 minute YouTube tutorials . . . this is the best time for music creation because all the tools are out there, you can become an expert at this for free, you just got to be willing to put in the work and effort to research and learn it

Also it's going to be a while before you find your own style . . . don't come out of the gate trying to have a "signature" sound, learn the basics first . . . good ideas are killed with poor execution

http://WORLDWIDEwavy.tumblr.com/

November 19, 2013 @ 04:56 PM
VBYSS

You can get a maschine mikro for 250-300 used from Guitar Center. Your gonna need a controller for what ever daw you choose any way.

All inquiries hit me up at: abyssofficialproductions@gmail.com

November 19, 2013 @ 11:30 PM
bootynuggets

Also it's going to be a while before you find your own style . . . don't come out of the gate trying to have a "signature" sound, learn the basics first . . . good ideas are killed with poor execution
this x1000

I produce with a friend for fun. https://soundcloud.com/kopm

November 21, 2013 @ 06:14 PM
Λlexamiles

dont rush out and get a maschine. dont. especially if all you want to do is sample on it, theres no point in wasting that money when you are just getting started. if you have an ipad, i recommend you get beatmaker 2. $20 bucks on the app store as opposed to the $300+ you are gonna spend getting a controller. It has a built in mpc style drum machine, the pads have alot of different trigger settings and you can edit live settings (ie velocity, pan, etc) within the mixer. you can load up and chop your own samples within that incredibly easily. it takes a little bit of time to learn but it aint that hard and will help you in the long run if you like sampling like that. 

as for a daw, its been said here but start out with fl studio, its the easiest to learn and once you do, you can basically use any other daw with minimal to no learning curve. if you get the basics down in fl it will make learning something like ableton or logic that much easier.

otherwise all good suggestions here though. it literally is all about how much time and effort you put forth, keep practicing youll get better. work with it a while, and dont put out the first beat you make. like ape said you dont wanna kill it with poor execution

i make music n shit - https://soundcloud.com/alexamiles - @alexamilesMusic - milesalexamiles@gmail.com - blunts

November 22, 2013 @ 02:31 PM
ziggz35

Scott, If you're serious about your music, and its more than just a hobby to you, I strongly encourage you to invest in  Maschine. Im telling you, as long as music isn't a weekend thing, and you actually want to be serious about production and furthering your skills, get a machine. You won't regret it at all. I listened to your band camp. Sounds like good quality so I'm guessing you spend a fair amount of time thinking, and creating music. Don't buy some shitty ass iPhone app. Thats just dumb. Thats for bored ass people on trains and producers who are skilled enough to incorporate shitty apps into their beats. You won't lose with machine . Half these people on here are weekend producers or bored ass people on trains. At the VERY LEAST download FL studio and play around with it to see if producing is really for you 

November 23, 2013 @ 03:15 AM
scottsummers

I preciate it everybodies responses and I'll take my time with it. In the meantime while i'm practicing on my production I'll go back to the drawing board and dig thru some of the producers on here again and other places. Like I said I've heard some talented producers on here so it's not knock on anybody whose posted their material before but i'm real picky when it comes to how I want my album to sound. But thx once again.
November 24, 2013 @ 08:47 AM
cutthroat

find a program, dont buy equipment until you got the hang of the program. remake popular beats for practice. whosampled.com and youtube-mp3.com are your best friends.
December 1, 2013 @ 09:59 PM
Fudge Willi

I Use Logic, It's Easier Than Ableton And Was The Second DAW I Used ( GarageBand Being First But That's A Default Software IMO) . It Costs  $ 200.....

-DADDIES OCTOPUS

December 1, 2013 @ 10:40 PM
feelings

Go with a DAW over a piece of hardware. Go with Logic. FL is complete shit. Don't listen to these dudes telling you FL is more user friendly, it isn't. All DAWS are different, although Logic is very similar to Pro Tools, so if you learn one you will definitely have an easier time with the other. FL Studio's plug-ins are mediocre. Half these dudes in here don't know shit. One of them even said the Maschine needs a controller. The Maschine IS the controller hahaha. 
December 2, 2013 @ 12:40 AM
Wash Pahpin

man get ableton very nice workflow new things in 9 are dope, new eq and glue compressor do work

washpahpin.com

December 2, 2013 @ 06:16 AM
taykoeh

I would say starting with FL studio is your best option. FL has a ton of tutorials on youtube, warbeats had the best imo, they were a lil long but defiantly gave enough detail. As far as equipment all you really need is a midi keyboard 25 or 45 key. A Maschine/Miko are nice but defiantly don't need it.

Please login first to reply.