Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
October 6, 2013 @ 02:35 AM
Dwane Kric

Anyone fux with the 60s? I've recently been getting into some of it, especially the psychedelic rock of the era. 

Here are my favorite bands/albums

The Beatles (surprise surprise) 

The Beach Boys 

The Zombies

Disraeli Gears by Cream 

In A Silent Way by Miles Davis 

Otis Blue by Otis Redding 

I want to start getting into the Motown/R&B/Soul side of the 60s but I don't know where to start. Any suggestions? Any suggestions for other psychedelic bands? What are you views on the 60s in general? 
October 6, 2013 @ 05:16 PM
paulywalnuts

the stooges
velvet underground
bob dylan
led zeppelin
the who 
beach boys
jackson 5 
creedence clearwater revival 
rolling stones
johnny cash
the zombies

i master bait from time to time///wtb supreme/rust-oleum

October 6, 2013 @ 05:57 PM
mrh

i can fuckin jam all day to 60s music.  My mom would never stop playing it as i grew up

personal favorite
October 7, 2013 @ 12:10 AM
thesolecollector23

i fuxs wit all the artist you all have listed I'm a John Lennon fan but can barely tolerate the beatles.you said you fux with 60's psychedelic bands then "Captain Beefheart - Trout Mask Replica" is a must a holy grail of psychedelic music.other 60's psy recs would be  "The Moody Blues - Days of Future Passed","The Temptations - Cloud Nine" are also must listen to albums.

Mista No Slack N My Mack

October 7, 2013 @ 12:22 AM
thesolecollector23

one of many personal favorites from the 60's a folk song preformed in 68' recorded in 69' released in 70'. 

Mista No Slack N My Mack

October 7, 2013 @ 12:52 AM
Dwane Kric

great to see there are loads of 60s fans here

i've heard captain beefheart wasn't an easy listen to i'm not sure about that... will check out the temptations and the moody blues though 
October 7, 2013 @ 01:38 AM
playboyxxx

60s music was great. one of my favorite eras

(1970 but still)

also, some newer shit that sounds like 60s music is tame impala, melodys echo chamber and stereolab/broadcast. lots more too

pink like hamilton

October 7, 2013 @ 02:01 AM
thesolecollector23

shits gettin' groovy up in here!

Mista No Slack N My Mack

October 7, 2013 @ 03:23 AM
Dwane Kric

(1970 but still)

also, some newer shit that sounds like 60s music is tame impala, melodys echo chamber and stereolab/broadcast. lots more too

I fux heavy with tame impala... what I wanna know is are there any 60s bands that sound like tame impala? lol the closest I could get so far was day in the life by the beatles and a lot of magical mystery tour... other than that i'm drawing a blank 
October 7, 2013 @ 03:58 AM
thesolecollector23

stay trippy my friends

Mista No Slack N My Mack

October 7, 2013 @ 01:15 PM
playboyxxx

(1970 but still)

I fux heavy with tame impala... what I wanna know is are there any 60s bands that sound like tame impala? lol the closest I could get so far was day in the life by the beatles and a lot of magical mystery tour... other than that i'm drawing a blank 
theres definitely a beatles influence in tame impala's music. I think they take influence from a whole bunch of sounds from this era and then use electronic methods of creating like you see with hip hop. like i think i read all kevin's drums are programmed.

i got the lonerism cd and on the back its this shit

like he's got midis and all types of sound manipulators. dude's a genius.

but anyway, as far as 60s bands he sounds like, a lot of their influence is from stuff like again the beatles, shadows todd rundgren, cream, pink floyd, just a lot of groovy/fuzzy/spacey psychedelic rock

pink like hamilton

October 7, 2013 @ 01:18 PM
Dwane Kric

oh sweet lawd he has a hofner bass 

i knew the bass on the album was familiar and just orgasmic 
October 7, 2013 @ 10:23 PM
chief

bob dylan tho

•••

October 8, 2013 @ 01:41 AM
laserdis

Do lines to this shit:
October 8, 2013 @ 08:41 AM
Olive C

If I was stranded on a desert island with only one genre of music to listen to, 60s music would be it, no doubt.

Some very good suggestions here, and don't forget:
The Doors
Fleetwood Mac
and you must, must watch The Last Waltz...
October 9, 2013 @ 02:47 AM
zayrondon

Pink Floyd's first album was mad psychedelic. Pow R. Toc H. is the best song in my opinion 
October 9, 2013 @ 06:28 AM
sbesus

60s-70s created SOUL MUSIC. :D

1970 but FUCK IT

I like how old songs are all hella live and aren't hella dependent on the DAWS, VSTS, MIDI Controllers, and the computer ._.

EXCLUSIVE HB BEATS @ https://soundcloud.com/hbcypher by HB PRODUCERS

October 9, 2013 @ 08:21 AM
Olive C

The Shadows Apache. A classic.
And, for the record, this is the best thread of all time... The thing that strikes me about music from this era is that is was all so new--none of it had been done before. As opposed to today, we are so influenced by so many types of music, everything has either already been done, or it is a hybrid of several influences. These guys, and the music everyone has shared here, is THE REAL DEAL. Rock n roll was considered a passing phase; it started a social revolution for god's sake. It was largely responsible for the culture we live in today, for better or for worse. Pioneers of their time, artists from this era were navigating uncharted territory: rock stardom.
October 9, 2013 @ 08:21 AM
Olive C

The Shadows Apache. A classic.
And, for the record, this is the best thread of all time... The thing that strikes me about music from this era is that is was all so new--none of it had been done before. As opposed to today, we are so influenced by so many types of music, everything has either already been done, or it is a hybrid of several influences. These guys, and the music everyone has shared here, is THE REAL DEAL. Rock n roll was considered a passing phase; it started a social revolution for god's sake. It was largely responsible for the culture we live in today, for better or for worse. Pioneers of their time, artists from this era were navigating uncharted territory: rock stardom.
October 9, 2013 @ 09:01 AM
sbesus

@olivecook4u Makes want to put on my Poncho and Sombrero lol. and at 1:14 LMFAO. 60s Groupies
But yea, the whole "Group/Band" Aspect of old music is the main contrast to modern music. Modern Music only takes one person to operate, but back then you had Live Drummers, Live Guitarists, Live Singers. Haha this is making think about music history.

EXCLUSIVE HB BEATS @ https://soundcloud.com/hbcypher by HB PRODUCERS

October 12, 2013 @ 06:06 AM
thesolecollector23

Mista No Slack N My Mack

October 12, 2013 @ 07:57 AM
Dwane Kric

i just downloaded john lennon/plastic ono band (1970 but close enough)

great album. stripped down music at its finest. 

April 3, 2014 @ 03:18 PM
zayrondon

I just looked back at this thread & peeped that nobody mentioned The Doors. Holy shit. Listen to this now if you haven't yet. Amazing debut album from an amazing band

April 5, 2014 @ 06:59 AM
mrh

this thread should almost be pinned
April 5, 2014 @ 10:54 PM
Lucy and The Daze

damn i expected way more. maybe i can help.

i can keep going just let me kno

soundcloud.com/lucyandthedaze

April 10, 2014 @ 02:23 PM
Dwane Kric

will bump again to ask to traverse into one of the biggest genres of the 60s: psychedelic rock. any obscure ones you guys know? 

might not be too obscure but a band called Tomorrow is pretty great. 

also love forever changes, the who sell out, etc. are all so awesome 
April 10, 2014 @ 02:24 PM
Dwane Kric

the stooges
velvet underground
bob dylan
led zeppelin
the who 
beach boys
jackson 5 
creedence clearwater revival 
rolling stones
johnny cash
the zombies
happy to say i've now explored like 7 of the artists you've mentioned. am happy with all my finds. 

Please login first to reply.