Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
August 29, 2013 @ 01:11 AM
laserdis

TeamSupreme does this like every week, I thought it might be cool if we could too.

The rules are:
    1. a sample is provided to use within the song.
    2. Beats are 1 minute long.
    3. Beats submitted within a week of initial post.

Everything else is up for the producer to decide. 

We could do a cypher every 2 weeks or something.

Thought it'd be a nice way for HB fam to get to know each other and really get involved with each other's music. We can have like a Beat Battle every now and then like we have Fit Battles. 
Use it to practice and get better?

idk fam, let me know what you thinkk
August 29, 2013 @ 06:35 PM
bootynuggets

i like the idea. the only thing i would change is rule 2, i feel like you should be able to use whatever tempo you want for the sample.

I produce with a friend for fun. https://soundcloud.com/kopm

August 29, 2013 @ 07:16 PM
FIDEL CASHFLOW

word, get rid of number 2 and its a wrap

you'll have to set the example tho, you should submit your beat in the first battle

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/217784 http://hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/206983

August 29, 2013 @ 07:40 PM
laserdis

Yeah you guys are right. Tempos should be determined by the producer. I have a bunch of samples to provide but I don't know if enough people will be on board.

If like 2 or 3 people are down, I'll def work on an example
August 29, 2013 @ 09:53 PM
Λlexamiles

yo imma fucking kill this shit lets go lets gooooo!!!

i make music n shit - https://soundcloud.com/alexamiles - @alexamilesMusic - milesalexamiles@gmail.com - blunts

August 29, 2013 @ 11:20 PM
laserdis

alright I have a good sample for the first cypher! 
I think I should wait until Sunday to start Week 1 though, just to keep it organized I guess. 

I'll post the rules and samples and shit and.... at the end of Week 1, I'll put all the beats into one song and post it on an HB soundcloud or something.

need feedback guise 
August 30, 2013 @ 03:46 AM
No Fuxx Given

Good idea, I'm 10000% down

Fly on little wing

August 30, 2013 @ 03:54 AM
julianiriz

love the idea lets do it

Jewel https://soundcloud.com/monetproductions

August 30, 2013 @ 04:05 AM
eidaow

in dis 10char

~ h a n s u m ~

August 30, 2013 @ 04:13 AM
Gwyn

I like the idea, but aren't that great, I think WOADIE started after me and he's so much better, maybe ableton is a lot friendlier than FL, but.. I'd enter maybe

edit: actually don't like soundcloud anymore cuz then I see woadie's songs and I get all sad i'm not that good.. n/h

"I don't really care about the downvotes. If people read my comment my point was made." - redditor.

August 30, 2013 @ 04:40 AM
Gutts

In this for sure
August 30, 2013 @ 04:53 AM
eidaow

I like the idea, but aren't that great, I think WOADIE started after me and he's so much better, maybe ableton is a lot friendlier than FL, but.. I'd enter maybe

edit: actually don't like soundcloud anymore cuz then I see woadie's songs and I get all sad i'm not that good.. n/h
dont feel sad, i lowkey think bootynuggets and alexamiles are better than me, and when it comes to ableton, i had the program on my computer for months before i made my first beat, every time i opened it, i gave up.

on another note. i remember hb use to have these beat compilations, i think we should have another one.

~ h a n s u m ~

August 30, 2013 @ 07:59 PM
laserdis

ayeee, hyped to see people are down with this! I'll start the cypher Sunday (if that's cool with you guys)
but I'm not sure how to make it official though...

Side note: I use ableton and find it so easy to use now (small learning curve). I tried FL and thought it was intimidating lol.
With time anyone can get good guys lets do thisss
August 30, 2013 @ 08:10 PM
beenyce

count me in
August 30, 2013 @ 08:23 PM
bootynuggets

dont feel sad, i lowkey think bootynuggets and alexamiles are better than me, and when it comes to ableton, i had the program on my computer for months before i made my first beat, every time i opened it, i gave up.

on another note. i remember hb use to have these beat compilations, i think we should have another one.
shit, hearing you think i'm better than you means a lot man. thanks. but lol you're miles ahead of me in producing. i fuck with your most recent 2 uploads on soundcloud so hard man.

ayeee, hyped to see people are down with this! I'll start the cypher Sunday (if that's cool with you guys)
but I'm not sure how to make it official though...

Side note: I use ableton and find it so easy to use now (small learning curve). I tried FL and thought it was intimidating lol.
With time anyone can get good guys lets do thisss
i feel like we should somehow do something like this... https://soundcloud.com/beatbattle2013 (i know 2 of the guys who post there). the only problem is that everyone on that soundcloud is cool with each other and they all have the password to the soundcloud account (from what i understand) and if we tried to do that here, someone would probably troll and delete beats/delete the whole account.

I produce with a friend for fun. https://soundcloud.com/kopm

August 30, 2013 @ 11:08 PM
eidaow

i like the soundcloud idea where we share the pass. we could just have someone trustworthy we can send the beats to and have em upload it. 

~ h a n s u m ~

August 30, 2013 @ 11:27 PM
laserdis

damn so many people are down, so stoked. 

i like the soundcloud idea where we share the pass. we could just have someone trustworthy we can send the beats to and have em upload it. 
I can make the soundcloud page for us and upload all the songs (if you guys want).

I could put songs into like different sets for each week.

OR

I could put all the songs into one song and upload it that way, like they do it here: https://soundcloud.com/beatteamsupreme (I just think it would be cleaner that way)

Again all up to you guys. We also need to vote on a soundcloud page name and have someone design the logo
August 30, 2013 @ 11:32 PM
No Fuxx Given

I think we should just have laserdis make the account and upload the beats individually.

The name should be HB beat tour

Fly on little wing

August 31, 2013 @ 02:10 AM
eidaow

damn so many people are down, so stoked. 

I can make the soundcloud page for us and upload all the songs (if you guys want).

I could put songs into like different sets for each week.

OR

I could put all the songs into one song and upload it that way, like they do it here: https://soundcloud.com/beatteamsupreme (I just think it would be cleaner that way)

Again all up to you guys. We also need to vote on a soundcloud page name and have someone design the logo
with the team supreme thing everyone has to start the same intro and end with the same outro, the tempo also has to be the same in order for the mix to flow. if everyones down with that and you are down to provide the samples and set the rules for that i'd be down. the uploading individual tracks thing would be easier  tho

~ h a n s u m ~

August 31, 2013 @ 02:15 AM
laserdis

with the team supreme thing everyone has to start the same intro and end with the same outro, the tempo also has to be the same in order for the mix to flow. if everyones down with that and you are down to provide the samples and set the rules for that i'd be down. the uploading individual tracks thing would be easier  tho
I feel you, you guys are right about the individual tracks. I'll just provide a sample and an example, and you guys just make the 1 min beat within a week and its a wrap! Let's try this out soon, you guys down for Sunday orr...?
August 31, 2013 @ 04:19 AM
eidaow

i wont be home from sunday till monday/tuesday but if we got a week then i'm cool with it

~ h a n s u m ~

August 31, 2013 @ 03:25 PM
laserdis

alright so are we decided on a name? submit a name peoples and we can decide by up/down votes
August 31, 2013 @ 04:35 PM
Gwyn

I was just thinking like, I mean what if we use different genre's I mean, hb is kind of biased, just an idea.

"I don't really care about the downvotes. If people read my comment my point was made." - redditor.

August 31, 2013 @ 04:42 PM
laserdis

what do you mean by different genres?
August 31, 2013 @ 06:53 PM
eidaow

we could just name it HB BEAT CYPHER, and i don't care if hb is biased, as i producer now, i can respect other producers because i understand the work that goes into music. that being said, i respect different genres/sub genres. i personally have a southern influence and only use this lex luger drum kit lol.

~ h a n s u m ~

August 31, 2013 @ 07:50 PM
laserdis

Yeah the whole point of us using the same sample is to see how we each put our own spin on it.
I'm interested to see how different they turn out haha

And I agree with just calling it Hbbeatcypher

Edit: I made the soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/hbcypher

and I made the logo:   using Hypetrak colors.

everything is open to change guys, let me know what you think

Please login first to reply.