Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
August 26, 2013 @ 07:45 AM
chief

I'm definitely looking forward to this, but damn if he keeps using these shit rock influenced beats I dunno how much longer I can fuck with Em.

Also why he still yelling though? Honestly, I prefer his accent on Relapse way more than his yelling on Recovery. His accent at least made him sound cheeky/cocky which reminded me of when he raps as slim shady

It seems like he's just a shell of his older self. Em used to have such fire as a rapper, but now it's just like he's going through the motions idk, hopefully he doesn't disrespect the MMLP album image by releasing a regular ass album

•••

August 26, 2013 @ 10:29 AM
Pantic

I hope he's gonna come through, i think he really wants to this time compared to his previous couple of albums.
U can hear one more teaser on his website and i think he could surprise us with a dope album, also Survival was recorded pre-recovery release and has no affiliation with his new album
August 26, 2013 @ 11:00 AM
Tony Montana

Dr.Dre finally doing something except for making shitty overpriced headphones.  

"im a very deep minded person" - Tracy Jackson

August 26, 2013 @ 11:11 AM
cellar door

I hope he's gonna come through, i think he really wants to this time compared to his previous couple of albums.
U can hear one more teaser on his website and i think he could surprise us with a dope album, also Survival was recorded pre-recovery release and has no affiliation with his new album
hopefully he's gonna come through, i've got a feeling he will
August 26, 2013 @ 12:08 PM
ZZZAK

Did he actually dye his hair? 
-jk
August 26, 2013 @ 12:54 PM
Tony Montana

"im a very deep minded person" - Tracy Jackson

August 26, 2013 @ 04:24 PM
MagnaDefender

My expectations for this is that hopefully itll be dope as fuck. If its not then im prolly just gonna write off Ems career. 

HANSUM BOY IS HANSUM

August 26, 2013 @ 04:41 PM
RAPGAMESCOTTPILGRIM

Hell The sequel and the Berzerk snippet give me hope. I hope this makes me shit my brain. It better.
August 26, 2013 @ 05:12 PM
Master Flash

No more wrist cutting from Em

cool

Changing the Past.

August 27, 2013 @ 04:50 AM
phantomony

OP you summed up my feelings exactly, well said.

Im obviously gonna be hype for an Eminem project regardless, but from what we've seen it looks like it's gonna be a disappointment.
August 31, 2013 @ 09:45 PM
chief

damn this article nails it.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/editorials/id.2172/title.the-marshall-plan-hopes-for-eminem-s-marshall-mathers-lp-2-

love the part he discusses about the album production. on SSLP and MMLP he mostly had no name producers plus dre and all those beats complimented his rhymes. Unlike today where he has these big name producers who want to bring their A-game beats and the beats try to steal the show which leaves eminem competing for the attention against the production, which isn't what makes eminem's music work

•••

September 1, 2013 @ 01:05 AM
10PIECE

rappers need to stop making sequels to classic albums.

http://cargocollective.com/BrancheC http://www.behance.net/BrancheC

September 16, 2013 @ 08:26 PM
zayrondon

I didn't really fuck with Berzerk but I still have hope for the album. I mean, he wouldn't name a shitty album MMLP2 & his singles usually sound a lot different from the rest of the album
October 14, 2013 @ 09:43 PM
chief

•••

October 14, 2013 @ 10:05 PM
Pantic

That song was miles ahead of anything he has done the past many years including Berzerk. Guess theres still a chance for the album
October 14, 2013 @ 11:20 PM
youngm

That rap god song gives me a lot of hope for this album.  His flow is a lot different from his earlier slim shady stuff but this is very good also.  Wish he didn't sellout to COD though.
October 15, 2013 @ 12:05 AM
zayrondon

FUCK YESSSSS. Now I'm just hoping at least most of the album sounds like this
October 31, 2013 @ 01:38 AM
chief

It leaked. about to give it a listen

•••

October 31, 2013 @ 02:48 AM
THiZZ

Shit was horrible, but it will probably go platinum still just like relapse and recovery...
October 31, 2013 @ 03:39 AM
AD MCMXCVII

This guy's music will forever be garbage.
October 31, 2013 @ 03:57 AM
youngm

Only ones I thought were decent were
1. So Far
2. Brainless
3. Bad Guy

Shouldn't have named it MMLP2 cause this is a piece of shit compared to that album
October 31, 2013 @ 04:31 AM
Pantic

^Signed, didnt like brainless tho just so far and bad guy.
Some places on the album theres some good bars, they are just hidden in corny choruses and wack beats.
It's been years but god damn he fell off so hard.
October 31, 2013 @ 04:54 AM
youngm

^Signed, didnt like brainless tho just so far and bad guy.
Some places on the album theres some good bars, they are just hidden in corny choruses and wack beats.
It's been years but god damn he fell off so hard.
Agree with all of what you said and yeah, brainless didn't actually stand out as much as so far and bad guy.  Also rhyme or reason gets the honorable mention because that yoda thing he did killed it for me, so damn lame.  Sample is dope though.
October 31, 2013 @ 04:56 PM
arteHH

Some dope beats on this album
October 31, 2013 @ 06:22 PM
Bishop Don SpacePimp

He needs to hang his jersey. He will always be one of the greatest lyricist to touch a mic but his albums are getting progressively worse. razz
His beat selections to subject matter have seen brighter days. He needs to sit back and put out some new blood and pop up every now and then on a guest verse to kill it and be out.cool

I've been known to invoke......FEELINGS. #NoPromo #NoFearGang #AntiMuffinMovement

October 31, 2013 @ 07:57 PM
W33ZY

he needs to just get back with dre and do one last album. None of these fucking wack sounding beats with rihanna and that lead singer from f.u.n. I did hear a little of his old flow in evil twin, brainless, and bad guy i think..
November 1, 2013 @ 02:49 AM
goldANDsacks

there's some greatness in this album, but it doesn't completely follow through (though i've only listened thru once so far). 

ppl are saying that it tarnishes the MMLP name by being a sequel. but some of the songs on here really do feel like sequels.

it's like MMLP1 was a snapshot of marshall's life in 2001, and now MMLP2 is snapshot of his life 12 years later. he cares about different things, and sees the world differently now. its just a shame that the views of a 28 year-old on the verge of superstardom is much more interesting/entertaining than the life a 40 year-old who's been through the run-around.

but at least it's cool to see that comparison in the big picture. if this was eminem's debut album then i'd prob not give it a second thought. but as a fan of his music for over a decade, at minimum MMLP2 is interesting to see the progression of his life in his music. 
November 1, 2013 @ 06:31 AM
chief

there's some greatness in this album, but it doesn't completely follow through (though i've only listened thru once so far). 

ppl are saying that it tarnishes the MMLP name by being a sequel. but some of the songs on here really do feel like sequels.

it's like MMLP1 was a snapshot of marshall's life in 2001, and now MMLP2 is snapshot of his life 12 years later. he cares about different things, and sees the world differently now. its just a shame that the views of a 28 year-old on the verge of superstardom is much more interesting/entertaining than the life a 40 year-old who's been through the run-around.

but at least it's cool to see that comparison in the big picture. if this was eminem's debut album then i'd prob not give it a second thought. but as a fan of his music for over a decade, at minimum MMLP2 is interesting to see the progression of his life in his music. 
This x1000. I saw somewhere that he planned on it being a snapshot like you sad rather than a sequel, and that we won't ever get another "real slim shady" because that approach isn't unique anymore. I think that allows you to understand it as a work in itself, rather than compare it to the incomparable predecessor. I've only listened once through and I really like "so much better", "stronger than I was" and "legacy" the best 

•••

November 3, 2013 @ 02:50 AM
hghstndrds

album is fucking awful.

HOW THE FUCK DID HE GET KENDRICK LAMAR ON THAT SHIT???

hgh stndrds hghstndrds.com shop.hghstndrds.com

November 5, 2013 @ 08:47 AM
chief

"so much better", "legacy", "stronger than I was" are my favorites, mostly because they sound reminiscent of what could be on eminem show or encore.

recovery and mmlp2 made me realize what an awesome release relapse actually was. It's the album eminem wanted to put out. When it came out people were like wtf is this. Em panicked and was apologetic because his fans didn't like it. Recovery was then dropped a year later, which is very quick in eminem terms, and for some reason people loved it....I still don't know why cause it felt like a very generic record. I can't help but think that's the reason why there is more of the shitty rock and pop beats on mmlp2. Go listen to relapse again. The beats are on point, and the subject matter is hilarious. Not as good as old slim shady stuff but still a fun listen nonetheless,

•••

Please login first to reply.