Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
July 4, 2013 @ 06:33 AM
I_Be_Krillin_It

only two good songs somewhereinamerica and tom ford fuck the rest jayz overhyped this shit

Fibrelight - says he has box logo.... reveals he wasn't strong enough to control its power

July 4, 2013 @ 06:44 AM
corkybucher

its a good ass album, but why compare it too yeezus? two really diffrent albums, and I think there both good in what each artist was tryna accomplish

WTB White flyknit trainers sz 8.5/9

July 4, 2013 @ 06:48 AM
Pantic

I only heard holy grail and i need to listen to the rest, hook me up with a link in the PM if anyone actually got it
July 4, 2013 @ 07:07 AM
reversal

its a good ass album, but why compare it too yeezus? two really diffrent albums, and I think there both good in what each artist was tryna accomplish
Because what other recent release should it be compared to? 
July 4, 2013 @ 07:09 AM
corkybucher

Because what other recent release should it be compared to? 
i see your point, but why can't a good album stand alone you know.

WTB White flyknit trainers sz 8.5/9

July 4, 2013 @ 07:29 AM
chief

damn man, frank ocean got some real potential. I mean he's already been on some critical projects, but damn, dat voice. the fact he doesn't rely on ghost writers and sounds good on his own shit as well as extended hooks like on watch the throne and magna carta tells me he's going to be around for a long time. at least i hope so

•••

July 4, 2013 @ 07:41 AM
shady0ps

damn man, frank ocean got some real potential. I mean he's already been on some critical projects, but damn, dat voice. the fact he doesn't rely on ghost writers and sounds good on his own shit as well as extended hooks like on watch the throne and magna carta tells me he's going to be around for a long time. at least i hope so
Real shit. Frank Ocean's voice and songwriting abilities have the potential to be Iconic
July 4, 2013 @ 07:56 AM
_____

somewhere in america
miley cyrus is still twerkin
July 4, 2013 @ 02:17 PM
blackice445

Someone please PM me the link. 
July 4, 2013 @ 02:21 PM
retailtherapy

http://breadboye.com/?p=4901 linkkkk
July 4, 2013 @ 02:24 PM
tRick

damn, the hype made me expect something really epic. after the first listen it just sounds like timb, pharrell, and swizz gave him a collective beat tape, and then jay rapped over it.
But shit, even that couldve been dope except nothing really hit that hard or grooved hard or felt truly smooth. just feel like these dope ass producers couldve gave him something better.

Will give it a second, more proper listen though.
July 4, 2013 @ 02:32 PM
cernio

found that good good: http://www.audiomack.com/album/hiphoprnbworld/magna-carta-holy-grail
EDIT: audiomack took the dl down

tRick, I agree. Wish tracks were hittin harder for me, and I'm a big Jay fan. It's not bad though, I'm gonna listen again too.
July 4, 2013 @ 02:51 PM
shakintheD

sounds like BP3 but w/ more "ignorant" lines
album is good, not great. sounds really commercialized which im sure is what he was going for

but damn this nigga frank ocean making the album again

yeezus>mc
July 4, 2013 @ 03:56 PM
delasteez

Here yall http://www57.zippyshare.com/v/40315367/file.html

EliteGoodsCC.com

July 4, 2013 @ 03:59 PM
gil

i think the cdq version of this album is gonna be really good, the mixing on this album is a little off. 

fag

July 4, 2013 @ 04:16 PM
suparise71

Lmao at niggas saying Yeezuz was Amazing and then this comes out there like Fuck Yeezuz! Ha!

Its An alright album I like Tom Ford, BBC and Holy Grail the most 

But tbh I only like the beats on this, I think Jay-z isnt a great rapper as everyone makes out he is?

And i wish this was a Nas album! he would of murdered this shit!

But to me Jay-z remains boring his raps are plain 

5/10 from me

This is the same how i felt about Kanyes album! Overrated rapper who people like just cause of his fame

- Tracy Jackson

https://twitter.com/tracyjackson71

July 4, 2013 @ 04:20 PM
phantomony

http://www.sharebeast.com/j9in9z4589s1
already tried this one. its not legit and takes like 2 hours to DL
July 4, 2013 @ 04:24 PM
phantomony

he actually is a ghostwriter for people like alicia keys and beyonce. and he gets even more profound on his own tracks. if he's not up there as one of the best crooners ever he has to be up there as an iconic songwriter 
July 4, 2013 @ 04:46 PM
W33ZY

beat on picasso baby reminds me of the intro on vol. 2 hard knock life. memph bleek 

edit: wasn't the best lyrically from hov but the beats are on point. I sort of love/hate in that samsung commercial with tmbaland where he says "man, we can make like 4 more songs" like a couple days before the album was released, unless that was filmed a while ago. Seems like he rushing shit. But overall i dig it. The whole samsung thing just threw it off for me.
July 4, 2013 @ 08:38 PM
Villain™

quite wavy, i need this and yeezus i haven't listened to either of them.

$mart $tunnaz, $avage Life. SS x SL

July 4, 2013 @ 09:18 PM
________

somewhere in america
July 4, 2013 @ 10:11 PM
Jay_Bird

this cd was trash, on the same level as kingdom come

on the cool jay haven't made a good cd since America gangster
July 4, 2013 @ 11:29 PM
goldANDsacks

somewhere in america
twerk miley, twerk. 
July 4, 2013 @ 11:34 PM
goldANDsacks

damn, the hype made me expect something really epic. after the first listen it just sounds like timb, pharrell, and swizz gave him a collective beat tape, and then jay rapped over it.
But shit, even that couldve been dope except nothing really hit that hard or grooved hard or felt truly smooth. just feel like these dope ass producers couldve gave him something better.

Will give it a second, more proper listen though.
" it just sounds like timb, pharrell, and swizz gave him a collective beat tape, and then jay rapped over it"
" it just sounds like timb, pharrell, and swizz gave him a collective beat tape, and then jay rapped over it"

why the fuck is that a complaint? that's all i want. those guys (plus kanye) are pretty much a band by now. its crazy how many years jay-z has been making hits with those guys. i was geeking out hearing them all together on BBC (plus Nas). it was like 2001 again.  
July 5, 2013 @ 04:48 AM
10PIECE

This album is very safe. Not bad but not outstanding. Its the ideal summer album but not classic album.Cut that shit out you can't call something classic after the first day.

Here are some of my thoughts- 

-To me it sounds like jay-z rapping over "high end trap beats" to stay relevant.

-Content wise its very bland. On some tracks his wordplay feels forced like he's trying to hard to be "clever"  and other times the lyrics are typical jay-z shit you kinda expect the fast cars, expensive vacations etc.

- does anyone else get slightly irritated when Beyonce and Jay-z make tracks together? Part II ( bonnie and clyde 2) sounded like gimmicky filler. Yall waited this long to make this song?

- JT's vocals on Holy Grail was kinda disappointing. His voice overpowers the beat and i just want to hear the instrumentals ,but  i blame samsung commercials for that. 

Production: 8
Lyrics: 6
Overall:6

http://cargocollective.com/BrancheC http://www.behance.net/BrancheC

July 5, 2013 @ 11:00 AM
2 Phone Shawty

album is amazing, production is great as always. easily one of the best Hip Hop albums this year.
I found this better than BP3 which I also enjoyed.

"Yo bitch probably think I'm cute"

July 5, 2013 @ 01:23 PM
suparise71

This album is very safe. Not bad but not outstanding. Its the ideal summer album but not classic album.Cut that shit out you can't call something classic after the first day.

Here are some of my thoughts- 

-To me it sounds like jay-z rapping over "high end trap beats" to stay relevant.

-Content wise its very bland. On some tracks his wordplay feels forced like he's trying to hard to be "clever"  and other times the lyrics are typical jay-z shit you kinda expect the fast cars, expensive vacations etc.

- does anyone else get slightly irritated when Beyonce and Jay-z make tracks together? Part II ( bonnie and clyde 2) sounded like gimmicky filler. Yall waited this long to make this song?

- JT's vocals on Holy Grail was kinda disappointing. His voice overpowers the beat and i just want to hear the instrumentals ,but  i blame samsung commercials for that. 

Production: 8
Lyrics: 6
Overall:6
High end trap beats?

Timbaland produced all this

Trap Music is a shitty pookie version of timbalands beats and Timbalands the person who invented the faster tempo beats 

- Tracy Jackson

July 5, 2013 @ 03:40 PM
bobby

it amazing me how much hypebeast loves to hate sometimes... 

the album is fire, better than most that's been put out. just appreciate the good music fams
July 5, 2013 @ 07:15 PM
tRick

after a couple more listens, I def cant say its bad. I think its pretty good, but its just like a filler album to me. I agree that I havent been really impressed by a Jay-Z album since American Gangster.

Love Tom Ford though, but I dont understand why the best beats got the shortest songs. Shouldve took out the filler tracks, made the better songs longer and called it a day.

edit: with a name like Magna Carta Holy Grail, I just think this shit shouldve been crazy. 
July 5, 2013 @ 07:42 PM
suparise71

Listened to this shit again! wow its boring! Jay-z stinks man!

Best songs hands down, Tom Ford, BBC and Picasso.

I really wish alll these beats were given to nas man! 

Why do people like Jay-z? thats my question he raps about the same thing every every time! i think people prefer the beats he selects than his actual raps 

I feel as though if it was only Timbaland producing this album it would sound a damn lot better. !

I know damn well you people who are saying this album is a striaght 9 are just Hipsters! cause this shit was Pookie! 

And jay-z is not original! he copies everyones flow even M.I.A's from that bad girls track! he does that flow on tom ford and he says he has the best flow? 

Fuck outta of here! this shit was trash. 16 tracks on this and i only fuck with 3? 

4/10 now! 

- Tracy Jackson

Please login first to reply.