August 21, 2013 @ 01:31 AM
paulywalnuts

listened a few times since my first impressions.  solid album.  earl delivers on the hype,  

i master bait from time to time///wtb supreme/rust-oleum beanie

August 21, 2013 @ 01:36 AM
Bresic

Best rap album this year, even though it was hyped a little. Let's be honest. I skipped a few tracks when I first played it.
August 21, 2013 @ 05:00 AM
steady

Kids hyped it up too much, it was a really solid album though. The instrumentals on Centurion and Uncle Al are insane, definitely my favorite songs.
August 21, 2013 @ 11:26 PM
joliver

It's alright. I'll give it like a 6.5/7 out of 10. The album is kinda boring though. Earl isn't that dynamic of a rapper as thought he was. It's like he needs direction from tyler cause all subjects he rapped about throughout the album were basically the same. He also had too many features. For your debut album most of the songs should be solely you. And it doesn't help that Domo I think had the best verse on the album on the song Knight. 
Vince's verse on Hive >
August 22, 2013 @ 09:52 AM
blackice445

actually EARL should count as his first album, I would pay for a physical copy no doubt.
And Domo's verse on Knight was hardly the best... Centurion? Uncle Al? Hive?
Nah you're right. I heard his verse when I was high and thought it was the best thing I've ever heard. Went back not high, it was good, but not as good as I initially thought. 
August 27, 2013 @ 08:01 AM
phantomony

Enjoyed it. Impressed that the beats he produced himself were able to keep up with production from the Neptunes, Christian Rich, etc. And people complain about the monotony of his flow, but I think it compliments his wordplay really well. You can hear a lot of DOOM influence as well.

I wasn't disappointed by too much. But one thing that was frustrating was Tyler's contribution to the album. On early EarlWolf songs, it was like competition on the tracks they had together, like both of them were trying to write the best verse possible so that they didn't get bodied, which made for some really good tracks (Couch, Assmilk, Orange Juice). But Tyler isn't hungry like that anymore. Sasquatch was horrible, maybe the weakest song on the album besides maybe Pre. Tyler's verse was bad and the beat sounded like a Wolf throwaway. Whoa was a pretty decent song, and I hate to say it, but it's because there was less Tyler on it.

Tyler/Earl tracks used to be the most exciting music to come out of Odd Future. Now I find myself getting more excited to see Earl collar with Domo or Frank. 

Other than that, pretty solid album. 8.5/10
August 27, 2013 @ 12:24 PM
ZZZAK

frank was nice on sunday
August 28, 2013 @ 01:11 AM
laserdis

Sasquatch was horrible, maybe the weakest song on the album besides maybe Pre. 
Pre is dope. BABY GIRL WHATCHU WANNA DO
August 31, 2013 @ 03:49 PM
matt1000

Loved doris..... Fav song was prob burgandy or sunday
September 2, 2013 @ 09:30 PM
covietergy

At first I was kinda iffy on the album. It wasn't exactly what I expected, and I wasn't sure what to think. Some songs really stuck out to me like Hoarse, Centurion, and some of those singles he released. Some of them just kind of blended in though.

After awhile listening to the album in my car and around the house, it's really grown on me. I pretty much enjoy every single song on the album besides that lame ass Mac Miller track. It's weird to say, but Earl's extreme monotonous tones in this album are actually sort of a refreshing contrast to some of the loud annoying voices in rap.

I can totally see why some people wouldn't like this album though. He doesn't sound very excited or enthusiastic in pretty much any of this album. If you don't really like it, I think you should give it a good second listen.

I'd probably give it an 8/10.

fois

September 3, 2013 @ 04:09 AM
mrh

yeah that's how earl's style has always been for me.  I've always agreed he's good but his music is the type i gotta listen to for a while before i really start to like it.  And it kinda makes the music more enjoyable to me when it takes some time 
September 3, 2013 @ 04:47 AM
bulmasaur

centurion is a fucking movie
September 4, 2013 @ 07:13 AM
ryry909

album is alright i still think he sounds like mf doom at times
September 4, 2013 @ 07:45 PM
johnsingh

I honestly thought that 523 was a great song on the album. it really showed earl`s producing abilities. Centurion was also an amazing song, real eerie beat but he makes it work. i was really surprised how good franks verse on sunday was. the rest of the songs were either above average or average. 

Overall 
8.75/10 
October 20, 2013 @ 02:12 PM
callumingo

Doris was pretty dope

Straight outta compton.

October 21, 2013 @ 07:30 PM
supremeskywalker

Molasses is favorite song off the album right now.
October 21, 2013 @ 08:39 PM
laserdis

prolly played this album more than any other this year
EARL is still sick too
October 23, 2013 @ 03:06 PM
Aro Osborn

dope, dope, dope.
October 23, 2013 @ 04:32 PM
suparise71

suspended

Worst album of the decade

- Tracy Jackson

https://twitter.com/tracyjackson71

October 25, 2013 @ 09:33 PM
beenOK

Dope album, Hive is def. my shit. Better than any Tyler release
January 7, 2014 @ 01:03 AM
phantomony

Sasquatch was horrible, maybe the weakest song on the album besides maybe Pre. 
Pre is dope. BABY GIRL WHATCHU WANNA DO
it took awhile to grow on me but i actually love that song now

Please login first to reply.