Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
March 8, 2013 @ 01:34 AM
notXaiver

My dumbass just copped a real cheap shitty midi controller from the pawn shop for like 180 that i dont even like, and i didnt do much research before hand. Whats something nice i can cop IN STORE (like best buy, walmart, etc) for like 250 or less. I Was Thinking About The M-Audio Axiom 25 Key USB Midi 
What do yall niggas have, how much did it cost, and how do you like it? 
March 8, 2013 @ 02:23 AM
Gilly Suits

If you are just writing simple melodies the 25-key is great. I use that for those means. But if you truly wanna play out your chords and song same time 49-key may be best. Heck it may be best to save you an upgrade. In store-wise Best Buy will get you M-Audio for cheaper if you do this. Pay off an employee like 20 bucks and take advantage of the discount. It's amazing for crap like that. Otherwise buying through a school bookstore or Guitar Center. The school discounts is amazing. When I was at UCONN I use to abuse it. UCONN Coop does it if you aren't a UCONN student but you have to go in person. Guitar Center really isn't cheap unless we are talking major holidays and Black Friday but it is def cheaper than all store fronts besides school store on holiday deals. Oh and I personally only buy M-Audio and Novation. You'll never run into incompatibility issues or having to upgrade firmware like you do with Akai which 8/10 times bricks your controller.

Culective.com //

March 8, 2013 @ 03:49 AM
wampwamp

If you're going for small keys and price the Akai MPK mini with the 8 pads did me solid.
It's around $100 which can save you some money to put towards another type of controller.
March 8, 2013 @ 04:09 AM
BKBROWN

m audio i have, the keys are ok but not weighted. kinda cheap feeling but it works

̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ ̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ karmaloop 20% off repcode: WAVES lllllllllllllllllll https://soundcloud.com/bkbrown

March 8, 2013 @ 04:11 AM
JohnvHarrison

If you're going for small keys and price the Akai MPK mini with the 8 pads did me solid.
It's around $100 which can save you some money to put towards another type of controller.
 NO NO NO
dont listen to this guy
buy a KORG PADKONTROL for just near $100
16 pads
great midi controller
that controller has no keys you dip.

I have the Oxygen 49 (m-audio), 49 keys, 9 sliders, 8 knobs (good for mixing your beats and shit). Trust, you don't need pads in the least bit. Programs like Reason and Ableton have drum kits instead of individual drums, and each drums sound is mapped to the keyboard (for instance, the a key will be a kick and the c will be a snare). I believe i got mine for like 150, but if that's too much, get the Oxygen 25 (same shit, 25 keys less knobs less sliders, who cares). Don't let any nigga talk you into buying anything with Pads unless you're sampling shit, everything with pads has a 60-70 dollar mark-up JUST because there's pads.

http://www.theyhatechange.com Beauty Squad Click on the rise #B$C Get down or lay down

March 8, 2013 @ 04:17 AM
wampwamp

NO NO NO
dont listen to this guy
buy a KORG PADKONTROL for just near $100
16 pads
great midi controller
I get the strong sense you post on message boards for attention.
March 9, 2013 @ 12:10 AM
notXaiver

Thanks Yall, I Think Im Going With The Avid M-Audio Axiom 25-Key USB Midi

Please login first to reply.