Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
March 7, 2013 @ 07:55 PM
primez

Seriously, why do people hate Drake so much? Sure, he does brag about money and starting from the bottom, but he's a lot more respectable and respectful than the other rappers out there. If anything, people like Kanye should be hated instead of being glorified. Just because Drake has "no swag"?
March 7, 2013 @ 08:20 PM
chief

Just read any of Big Ghost's reviews on anything he's done. He captures the essence of Drake in the best possible ways

Read this one for example: http://bigghostnahmean.blogspot.com/2011/11/big-ghost-presents-take-care-review.html

•••

March 7, 2013 @ 09:12 PM
loofy

Seriously, why do people hate Drake so much? Sure, he does brag about money and starting from the bottom, but he's a lot more respectable and respectful than the other rappers out there. If anything, people like Kanye should be hated instead of being glorified. Just because Drake has "no swag"?
Kanye is glorified because his musical talent, yes everyone thinks he's an asshole but his music speaks for itself..mostly his older stuff too. The dude has 21 grammys. Has one of the best grammy speeches of all time, gives me chills.

As for Drake, most people see him as a poser and tryhard in the game. Everything he does is completely commercial, and it's a running joke that he's wayne's bitch cuz he signed to him. I think now he's trying to be more creative and make more 'real' music but he'll always be that canadian jew from degrassi..
March 16, 2013 @ 03:00 AM
fuckausername

i don't know but it hurts me inside

http://www.reverbnation.com/FCKNGOLD https://soundcloud.com/fckngold

March 17, 2013 @ 10:31 PM
imanikehead23

his music is dope imo. The thing that annoyed me about drake is when pusha t took shots at him, he didnt say shit. But when pusha threw shots at wayne, he wanted to act hard and say some shit. Idk i thought that was stupid.lol

For Sale: Air Jordan XI Concord 2000 Retro sz 10 VNDS Air Jordan VIII Retro White/True Red sz 10 NDS PM me if you're interested.

March 18, 2013 @ 08:25 AM
kbos

Kanye is glorified because his musical talent, yes everyone thinks he's an asshole but his music speaks for itself..mostly his older stuff too. The dude has 21 grammys. Has one of the best grammy speeches of all time, gives me chills.

As for Drake, most people see him as a poser and tryhard in the game. Everything he does is completely commercial, and it's a running joke that he's wayne's bitch cuz he signed to him. I think now he's trying to be more creative and make more 'real' music but he'll always be that canadian jew from degrassi..
this.

His music is trend follower bullshit built for the masses in an era where corny add generation gimmicks and gentrification is the hip thing in hip-hop. I'm not mad at the man for finding avenues to succeed in in life, all the best to the guy but his music tends to be shallow and boring aside from a few features where i can stomach his shit if I pretend i don't already know who he is.

You ask why do people hate Drake, I don't hate the man. But I ask this, because I can't comprehend, what is there for a straight man or anyone with a knowledge of music interested in drake? What is the appeal? Do people seriously not get tired of a goofy canadian spitting the same 2 songs over and over again, either something extra soggy and suss about women, or the played out im cool and richer and better than everyone raps, all of this occasionally spiced in with corny untrue lines about a lifestyles hes blatantly never been about. What is the appeal? Do you like the beats his rhyming over? Is his soft bitch-made voice relaxing to listen too while bathing or something? Does he low key give those still in the closet a feeling of comfort and belonging?
March 18, 2013 @ 08:50 AM
reversal

this.

His music is trend follower bullshit built for the masses in an era where corny add generation gimmicks and gentrification is the hip thing in hip-hop. I'm not mad at the man for finding avenues to succeed in in life, all the best to the guy but his music tends to be shallow and boring aside from a few features where i can stomach his shit if I pretend i don't already know who he is.

You ask why do people hate Drake, I don't hate the man. But I ask this, because I can't comprehend, what is there for a straight man or anyone with a knowledge of music interested in drake? What is the appeal? Do people seriously not get tired of a goofy canadian spitting the same 2 songs over and over again, either something extra soggy and suss about women, or the played out im cool and richer and better than everyone raps, all of this occasionally spiced in with corny untrue lines about a lifestyles hes blatantly never been about. What is the appeal? Do you like the beats his rhyming over? Is his soft bitch-made voice relaxing to listen too while bathing or something? Does he low key give those still in the closet a feeling of comfort and belonging?
Honestly, he does have musical talent it's just that he makes himself an easy target with the simping songs and corny lines. The other reason is he tries to incorporate r&b themes into rapping which is a miss for a lot of people. I just remember listening to So Far Gone when it dropped and thinking 'wtf is this dude rapping about?' because there wasn't really anyone in the game that did it like that. He takes on personas that he might not necessarily fit because everyone thinks he's still a canadian teen actor. 
March 18, 2013 @ 10:15 AM
YoungRizal

Well one thing I know is tat he didn't start from the bottom lol

FS - Supreme Nupste, WTAPS Parasmock ETC

March 18, 2013 @ 09:21 PM
kbos

this.

Honestly, he does have musical talent it's just that he makes himself an easy target with the simping songs and corny lines. The other reason is he tries to incorporate r&b themes into rapping which is a miss for a lot of people. I just remember listening to So Far Gone when it dropped and thinking 'wtf is this dude rapping about?' because there wasn't really anyone in the game that did it like that. He takes on personas that he might not necessarily fit because everyone thinks he's still a canadian teen actor. 
tbh i've heard him flow smooth and i see his own style on his better moments, but i've never really heard him rap about anything beyound the im ballin im better than you or the r&b steez. I can see how he's done something differen't, but it was just using a differen't combination of shit that was already poppin. Personally the style does not appeal to me, if I want to listen to some ignorant baller shit or some self reflective ill spit hard about how great I am there are dozens of artists imo do it better than drake, and if I wanna listen to some RnB this is for the ladies shit, I also think there are dozens of artists who do it better than drake. We are just having our own opinions and its all good too each their own, but im not just talking about judging him based off his past and his look, he obviously has a very limited lane that he serves which I have no interest in, but I don't see anyone else hailing him as a musical great or an awesome rapper besides himself and his crew. Artists beyound that range who defend him tend to do so because from what they say he's a nice guy and shows ppl love, which is nice but doesn't make me anymore interested in his music.
March 18, 2013 @ 09:55 PM
truuuchainz

What is the appeal? Do you like the beats his rhyming over? Is his soft bitch-made voice relaxing to listen too while bathing or something? Does he low key give those still in the closet a feeling of comfort and belonging?
lmao. kbos u spit some funny but true shit.
March 18, 2013 @ 10:19 PM
chit

His lyricism sucks. There's no way I will ever see him as a rapper. He is just a "hip hop artist" to me.
March 18, 2013 @ 10:53 PM
jamesjebbia

cause he does corny fuck boy shit like subliminally diss the weeknd for not signing to his label
March 18, 2013 @ 11:29 PM
pmf408

raps like a hard ass nigga and sings like a soft ass bitch in the same song. thats why people hate on him.
March 19, 2013 @ 12:49 AM
sickpimp

I think people hate him cause he is with YM
March 19, 2013 @ 02:13 AM
kendallar

I don't hate him. I like his music. Just dislike some of the things he raps about.
March 19, 2013 @ 04:41 AM
G0LDwatch

Well one thing I know is tat he didn't start from the bottom lol
Haha...cause Canada is up North cool
March 19, 2013 @ 05:12 AM
JStorm803

I was thinking that myself, you guys think he'd get a different response if he wasn't affiliated with Young Money? 

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

March 19, 2013 @ 05:18 AM
JohnvHarrison

I was thinking that myself, you guys think he'd get a different response if he wasn't affiliated with Young Money? 
niggas haven't always hated YM. Niggas only starting hating it when Nikki Minaj and Drake came out. When Curren$y was still at YM everyone loved it. 

http://www.theyhatechange.com Beauty Squad Click on the rise #B$C Get down or lay down

March 19, 2013 @ 03:56 PM
kbos

I think you guys got it twisted and John is on point tbh. Cash Money and Young Money gentrified the fuck out of themselves and Drake and Nikki popped that era off.
March 19, 2013 @ 04:16 PM
ReZ

/shrug. comeback season was dope...in high school
March 20, 2013 @ 08:01 PM
A!exander

Comeback season and so far gone were great, Till that 1st album came out, I was pretty disappointed, and pretty have been besides his features is other songs which are sometimes nice.
March 20, 2013 @ 09:07 PM
street lights

what kind of "rapper" has/has had ghost writers...

i got nothing to do but shoot my mouth off - john 3:16

March 20, 2013 @ 10:22 PM
kbos

^
honestly a lot, you'd be surprised even some of the greats had ghost writers on some tracks.
March 20, 2013 @ 10:46 PM
kinguah

Drake bums me out a lot of the time. I dig his flow and he ain't a bad lyricist either, but he's really inauthentic and corporate. Most of his songs are just trying to appeal to masses of teenagers instead of building a unique fan base and becoming a classic. He's a hypocrite too, likely as a result of having ghost writers. Sometimes he talks about being yourself, respecting women, and how everyone is beautiful. Other times he talks about the opposite, and by having ghost writers, trying to appeal to the most people possible, and sending conflicting messages, he is himself guilty of not being himself. Now I don't know whether his apparent sweet side or apparent tough side is the real Drake, but as soon as he picks one and starts putting out something unique, I'll appreciate his music.  

WTB: Supreme Ombre Flannel red/brown '09 Medium/Large

March 20, 2013 @ 10:56 PM
jordanfrescotty1166

Drake bums me out a lot of the time. I dig his flow and he ain't a bad lyricist either, but he's really inauthentic and corporate. Most of his songs are just trying to appeal to masses of teenagers instead of building a unique fan base and becoming a classic. He's a hypocrite too, likely as a result of having ghost writers. Sometimes he talks about being yourself, respecting women, and how everyone is beautiful. Other times he talks about the opposite, and by having ghost writers, trying to appeal to the most people possible, and sending conflicting messages, he is himself guilty of not being himself. Now I don't know whether his apparent sweet side or apparent tough side is the real Drake, but as soon as he picks one and starts putting out something unique, I'll appreciate his music.  
Tupac did the same thing. One song he's all good and the next he's all fuck you fuck yo bitch fuck these hoes. Same goes for lil wayne. 
March 20, 2013 @ 11:59 PM
cityofsavages

Tupac did the same thing. One song he's all good and the next he's all fuck you fuck yo bitch fuck these hoes. Same goes for lil wayne. 
All rappers are liars and hypocrites, I don't think that's the biggest issue. The thing with Drake is that he's the first real "superstar" of the social media age . We hear and see so much shit about him that after a while it gets annoying.

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

March 21, 2013 @ 02:01 AM
Brosef

see you niggas talkin all that good shit, but don't lie like you wouldn't go pop bottles with him and thow shit at chris brown
March 21, 2013 @ 09:04 AM
sharky

same niggas talking shit in this thread gonna go out to a party or to the club and know the words to every drake hook.

smh like drake didnt kill every feature he was on last year.
"give these niggas the look, the verse, and even a hook thats why every song sound like drake ft. drake"
- aubrey the gawd

like he didnt help a bunch of rappers blow up last year. 
"the part i love about it is they need me more than they hate me"
- drizzy 

STFU bunch of corny ass internet gangsters go listen to papoose and jerk off to the realness
March 21, 2013 @ 02:03 PM
kbos

Whos acting gangster here? Corny for not liking Drake? lol its great to start off the day with a laugh.
March 21, 2013 @ 02:04 PM
kbos

see you niggas talkin all that good shit, but don't lie like you wouldn't go pop bottles with him and thow shit at chris brown
Now this I could get down on.

Please login first to reply.