Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
March 7, 2013 @ 04:08 PM
BlandMoney

What's your take on the top MC's of the past year? How are Kanye and A$AP Rocky not top 5 for the Year? IDK the criteria for MTV's list but here's mines:

1. Kendrick Lamar
2. Kanye West
3. A$AP Rocky
4. Drake
5. Meek Millz + Pusha T (share - both went into overdrive this year idk who did better)
6. Schoolboy Q + Ab-Soul (share a spot / similar style + effect)
7. Nicki Minaj (Roman Reloaded is a beast)
8. 2 Chainz
9. Childish Gambino (listen to Royalty)
10. BIG Sean

Notables:
11. Kilo Kish (Just made it with K+)
12. Hit-Boy (w/ HITstory)
13. Mac Miller (still waiting on pink slime thou . . . )
14. Future (to be non-bias I suppose . . . he did have alot of catchy tunes)
missing a few like Ross, Wayne, Nas etc. but they were predictable and didn't really outdo what they did the previous year.
March 7, 2013 @ 04:49 PM
diggro

nicki really?
March 7, 2013 @ 05:21 PM
rainer

The criteria for the MTV list are, 1. Impact 2. Sales 3. Lyrics 4. Style 5. Intangibles. Schoolboy Q , Ab-soul, Pusha T, and Childish Gambino didn't meet the criteria. Rick Ross should definitely be on the list because he had a mixtape and album in 2012. 2 Chainz is most likely going to be number 2 on MTV list... 
March 7, 2013 @ 05:23 PM
NZOO

Based off buzz (currently)  this list is solid, but no one should be ranked.

Don't badmind me.

March 7, 2013 @ 05:25 PM
Moises Arias

So let me get this straight MTV says they making this list off of who is the hottest rapper right now, yet they put Nas as #4! MTV just losing all respectability, they better make a hell of a case for Nas being #4 since every rapper under him has had a better year. Shit MTV dont even play nas music videos as much as they do future or meek. 

My name is ASAC Schrader, and you can go fuck yourself.

March 7, 2013 @ 05:37 PM
BlandMoney

The criteria for the MTV list are, 1. Impact 2. Sales 3. Lyrics 4. Style 5. Intangibles. Schoolboy Q , Ab-soul, Pusha T, and Childish Gambino didn't meet the criteria. Rick Ross should definitely be on the list because he had a mixtape and album in 2012. 2 Chainz is most likely going to be number 2 on MTV list... 
Their list makes more sense now if that's their criteria. But how the hell has BIG Sean made more of an impact than both Kanye and A$AP? Don't get me wrong the Detroit Mixtape was nice, but not better than the Cruel Summer Album and Long.Live.A$AP and def. couldn't have sold as much. Also how the hell is Nas that high? Top 5 dead or alive, ok you can reason that, but of the year?! Life is Good in terms of the Nas' catalog is mediocre at best and in scope of the year was a let down.
March 7, 2013 @ 05:39 PM
BlandMoney

So let me get this straight MTV says they making this list off of who is the hottest rapper right now, yet they put Nas as #4! MTV just losing all respectability, they better make a hell of a case for Nas being #4 since every rapper under him has had a better year. Shit MTV dont even play nas music videos as much as they do future or meek. 
True . . . they should be making a list of top reality shows. MTV ain't Hip-Hop.
March 7, 2013 @ 05:42 PM
L.G.W.H.4000

When are they airing this? I love to watch them sit at a round table and talk about something like this. 

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/forum/topic/168595/? #post-3381365

March 7, 2013 @ 06:04 PM
BlandMoney

When are they airing this? I love to watch them sit at a round table and talk about something like this. 
It's like a week long thing where they reveal one or two each day @ 10pm.
March 7, 2013 @ 06:52 PM
Black Donald Trump

1 future
2 gucci
3 chief keef
no one else matters
March 7, 2013 @ 06:53 PM
Black Donald Trump

True . . . they should be making a list of top reality shows. MTV ain't Hip-Hop.
i swear next time someone says something "Isn't hip hop" to me (in person) im gonna punch em
March 7, 2013 @ 07:09 PM
BlandMoney

i swear next time someone says something "Isn't hip hop" to me (in person) im gonna punch em
lol I get your point, Hip-Hop is basically pop music now but MTV isn't even that nowadays, on a once 24hrs music station your lucky to catch a music video if you don't tune in between 3 - 5 or 8 - 10pm. Your statement is more Hip-Hop than most these days.
March 7, 2013 @ 07:17 PM
rainer

Their list makes more sense now if that's their criteria. But how the hell has BIG Sean made more of an impact than both Kanye and A$AP? Don't get me wrong the Detroit Mixtape was nice, but not better than the Cruel Summer Album and Long.Live.A$AP and def. couldn't have sold as much. Also how the hell is Nas that high? Top 5 dead or alive, ok you can reason that, but of the year?! Life is Good in terms of the Nas' catalog is mediocre at best and in scope of the year was a let down.
The only reason Big Sean is #5 on the countdown because of his verses on Cruel Summer and Detroit Mixtape. I think Kanye West should be higher on the list tho. He had Way too Cold, New God Flow, Mercy, I Don't Like Remix and Clique.
March 7, 2013 @ 09:08 PM
loofy

The only reason Big Sean is #5 on the countdown because of his verses on Cruel Summer and Detroit Mixtape, I think Kanye West should be higher on the list tho. He had Way too Cold, New God Flow, Mercy and Clique...
And Kanye is the one who produces all those songs, but I doubt MTV took his production into account. Kanye's production will always be second to none.
March 7, 2013 @ 09:22 PM
BapeDan

Kanye gave Sway his first tv
and he need to remember that
March 7, 2013 @ 09:40 PM
BuddyOmar

What's your take on the top MC's of the past year? How are Kanye and A$AP Rocky not top 5 for the Year? IDK the criteria for MTV's list but here's mines:

1. Kendrick Lamar
2. Kanye West
3. A$AP Rocky
4. Drake
5. Meek Millz + Pusha T (share - both went into overdrive this year idk who did better)
8. 2 Chainz
10. BIG Sean

Notables:
missing a few like Ross, Wayne, Nas etc. but they were predictable and didn't really outdo what they did the previous year.
smh at a list with Childish Fagbino and Hit-Boy on it, these lists are subjective and retarded anyway, "hotness" is an incalculable thing. 

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBuddyOmar?feature=mhee |||||||||||||| Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/buddy_omar

March 7, 2013 @ 10:11 PM
Min Soo

Their list so far has been rather disappointing.  I mean Nas at 4?  He's one of the greatest but Life is Good was okay at best.  And Ross at 3?  God Forgives I Don't was one of the most overhyped albums.  It was quite disappointing IMO.
March 8, 2013 @ 12:58 AM
imanikehead23

Pusha should've made it on the list.

For Sale: Air Jordan XI Concord 2000 Retro sz 10 VNDS Air Jordan VIII Retro White/True Red sz 10 NDS PM me if you're interested.

March 8, 2013 @ 01:31 AM
Siphonin

You can't share spots on a top 10 list. Your list is soft
March 8, 2013 @ 01:56 AM
goldANDsacks

1. Kendrick Lamar
2. Kanye West
3. A$AP Rocky
4. Drake
8. 2 Chainz
10. BIG Sean

Notables:
smh at a list with Childish Fagbino and Hit-Boy on it, these lists are subjective and retarded anyway, "hotness" is an incalculable thing.
ever heard of a thermometer?
March 8, 2013 @ 03:08 AM
esjay

lol at pusha not getting on the list , such a fail . 

MY FS THREAD , CHEAP ASS SHIT : http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/178540/

March 8, 2013 @ 03:47 AM
wampwamp

Danny Brown's song is better than the list.
March 8, 2013 @ 05:31 AM
bridger

1. Kendrick Lamar
2. Kanye West
3. A$AP Rocky
4. Drake
8. 2 Chainz
10. BIG Sean

Notables:
this list is wrong
March 8, 2013 @ 06:28 AM
veryrareandbased

MTV been flawed. fuck em

#HANSUMBOYZ / "I mean I just wanted the pussy tbh."- Thad #FREETHAD

March 8, 2013 @ 07:57 AM
BuddyOmar

1. Kendrick Lamar
2. Kanye West
3. A$AP Rocky
4. Drake
8. 2 Chainz
10. BIG Sean

Notables:
No, I have not heard of this demonic thing you speak of

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBuddyOmar?feature=mhee |||||||||||||| Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/buddy_omar

March 8, 2013 @ 03:54 PM
pinheadlarry

As much as I WOULD LOVE to watch Sway's nappy ass sit at a round table and try to justify why he thinks Future is hot, I have a few better things to do. This shit has been a joke since the 2nd list
March 8, 2013 @ 04:23 PM
goldANDsacks

1. Kendrick Lamar
2. Kanye West
3. A$AP Rocky
4. Drake
8. 2 Chainz
10. BIG Sean

Notables:
No, I have not heard of this demonic thing you speak of
well, it goes in the butt. 
March 8, 2013 @ 04:33 PM
Shanklin

They're not counting Cruel Summer cause it was a compilation album.

http://kevinshanklin.com/ IF YOU HAVE A FFFOUND.COM INVITE MSG ME

March 8, 2013 @ 06:36 PM
kbos

lol you guys actually check on or care about this bullshit list?
March 9, 2013 @ 01:49 AM
esjay

lol at 2 chainz higher than yeezy

MY FS THREAD , CHEAP ASS SHIT : http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/178540/

Please login first to reply.