Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
December 24, 2012 @ 08:07 PM
Juki

I just heard that Peep The Apocalypse tape.....

Doubleclutchhoops.com

December 24, 2012 @ 08:42 PM
JohnvHarrison

who cares, just listen to the music if you like it

http://www.theyhatechange.com Beauty Squad Click on the rise #B$C Get down or lay down

December 24, 2012 @ 09:13 PM
Juki

Rap is about competition. You might not care but a lot of people do. I like both artists and that's why I'm comparing them. 

Apocalypse tape>Madd City

Doubleclutchhoops.com

December 24, 2012 @ 09:14 PM
47fvckegotism

RIP capital steez!!
December 25, 2012 @ 02:50 AM

mixtape was dope 
December 25, 2012 @ 04:00 AM
fuckausername

RIP capital steez!!

http://www.reverbnation.com/FCKNGOLD https://soundcloud.com/fckngold

December 25, 2012 @ 06:06 AM
JohnvHarrison

Rap is about competition.
no its not. you think Drake has more money than cassidy because he raps better than him? bitch please, niggas aint getting deal/radio play because of battles, this isn't 2003 homie. all that "who's better" shit is for the birds. Don't talk like you know what "rap is about".

http://www.theyhatechange.com Beauty Squad Click on the rise #B$C Get down or lay down

December 26, 2012 @ 04:21 AM
Cokane

??? Joey Badass style is derived from 100 nigaz from 5 boroughs in the most popular era of hip hop.. Kendrick has one of the most original styles in the last 6 years.. quit while your behind.. not saying Joey Badass is not good but he lacks in so many categories musically for me to fuck wit him

don't ride my wave

December 26, 2012 @ 04:33 AM
dots...

no its not. you think Drake has more money than cassidy because he raps better than him? bitch please, niggas aint getting deal/radio play because of battles, this isn't 2003 homie. all that "who's better" shit is for the birds. Don't talk like you know what "rap is about".
So...you're saying rap is about money? Hip Hop is about competition man, and it's always been. Every rapper says at least once that they're the best. This is from Kool Herc and afrika bambaataa battling in the park to see who has the loudest system.
December 26, 2012 @ 04:48 AM
JohnvHarrison

So...you're saying rap is about money? Hip Hop is about competition man, and it's always been. Every rapper says at least once that they're the best. This is from Kool Herc and afrika bambaataa battling in the park to see who has the loudest system.
this isn't the 80s boy. yes, i am saying rap is about money. Thats why niggas rap now. They're not trying to prove a damn point, they're trying to make a million. Just cause a rapper says "i'm the best" doesn't mean shit. Jay-z has said he's the best for years, and his last two projects were hot dog shit. Why? Because it doesn't matter who you're better than as long as you can maximize profits. Mcdonalds doesn't necessarily make better food than the Olive Garden, but they damn sure make a hell of a lot more money than them. Because they aren't trying to be the top notch restaurant, they're just making sure the right people buy their shit. Same with rappers. Fuck outta here talking about some afrika bambaata smh

December 26, 2012 @ 06:34 AM
Juki

^ Its not about proving a point. It's about what drives you to make better music for yourself and the listeners.

"Rap is about money"

Thats like saying nba players play basketball just for the money. Im sure some do, but the greats play for the love of the game and for the competition.

I know its almost 2013 but I like to think some rappers still make music from more than just a pay check, and thats usually the ones who are making the best music, in my humble opinion.

Yea, I think I know a thing or two about Rap....or should I say HIP HOP. Its more than just music, or a business, its a culture that stated out with Bambatta and all the battle raps in the park, block partys, mc's, freestyles and etc.... Competition is just part of that culture and that aspect of the culture still exists today.

If you choose to look at the Hip Hop/Rap game strictly as a business than thats you. You have a point. But I'm pretty sure Joey Badass and Kendrick Lamar don't see it that way.

Doubleclutchhoops.com

December 26, 2012 @ 06:39 AM
JohnvHarrison

^ Its not about proving a point. It's about what drives you to make better music for yourself and the listeners.

"Rap is about money"

Thats like saying nba players play basketball just for the money. Im sure some do, but the greats play for the love of the game and for the competition.

I know its almost 2013 but I like to think some rappers make music from more than just a pay check. Usually the ones that are making the best music, in my humble opinion.

Yea, I think I know a thing or two about Rap....or should I say HIP HOP. Its more than just music, or a business, its a culture that stated out with Bambatta and all the battle raps in the park, block partys, mc's, freestyles and etc.... Competition is just part of that culture and that aspect of the culture still exists today.

If you choose to look at the Hip Hop/Rap game strictly as a business than thats you. You have a point. But I'm pretty sure Joey Badass and Kendrick Lamar don't see it that way.
if they didn't do it for money they wouldn't sing a deal/put it out. bottom line. i know plenty of musicians that are in their 40s making shit in their basement never releasing it. THATS doing it because you love it. Joey and Kendrick wanna get paid, theres nothing wrong with that, but we're not gonna sit up here and act like their on some righteous "save real hip-hop" bullshit.

December 26, 2012 @ 06:54 AM
Juki

it don't even know what "real hip hop is", but I can tell when its good. I can also tell you when one rapper is better than another. 

anyways, I made this topic just to get people talking. I could care less who's better between Joey and Kendrick

the point is, Joey Badass just put out great mixtape, much better than I expected at least

Doubleclutchhoops.com

December 26, 2012 @ 08:02 AM
Triangle

"Rap is about money"

I know its almost 2013 but I like to think some rappers make music from more than just a pay check. Usually the ones that are making the best music, in my humble opinion.

if they didn't do it for money they wouldn't sing a deal/put it out. bottom line. i know plenty of musicians that are in their 40s making shit in their basement never releasing it. THATS doing it because you love it. Joey and Kendrick wanna get paid, theres nothing wrong with that, but we're not gonna sit up here and act like their on some righteous "save real hip-hop" bullshit.
Are you dumb? If you can get paid to do something you love doing, why not do it? That's the way these types of people are looking at Rap. Not as a fucking business.
December 26, 2012 @ 08:06 AM
Cokane

i know plenty of musicians that are in their 40s making shit in their basement never releasing it.

don't ride my wave

December 26, 2012 @ 08:32 AM
JohnvHarrison

"Rap is about money"

Are you dumb? If you can get paid to do something you love doing, why not do it? That's the way these types of people are looking at Rap. Not as a fucking business.
You clearly don't get what i'm saying. But yes, they are looking at it like a business. Chief Keef signed for millions and made an album called "Finally Rich". do you think this motherfucker gives two shits about rap and its "what he loves"? Its about a dollar these days bruh. Of course there's people out there that do it because its there passion and they could get paid doing it, but that doesn't mean its a majority. I Guarantee you that 80% of "Rappers" are doing it for the money. Thats what rap is all about nowadays.

December 26, 2012 @ 08:35 PM
Cokane

yall arguin over rappers motives??? please cease jesus christ how tha fuck do you know? how would u even have the slightest clue? all yall nigaz is just guessin.. just accept the fact that u don't fuckin know.. nobody ever makes a career choice for 1 factor of course money is a big factor u need to money to do almost anything thas the system our country chose.I know it's hard to admit that u don't know somn on a forum where u can act like ur a genius from every aspect but what a few of u are saying is that ur in these rappers mind makin guarantee's about what there abjectives are? be real my niga I aint gon tell u shut the fuck up but ur waaaayyy to sure about yourself grouping all rappers together as if they all have the same mindstate and life experiences

don't ride my wave

December 26, 2012 @ 08:36 PM
goldANDsacks

"Rap is about money"

You clearly don't get what i'm saying. But yes, they are looking at it like a business. Chief Keef signed for millions and made an album called "Finally Rich". do you think this motherfucker gives two shits about rap and its "what he loves"? Its about a dollar these days bruh. Of course there's people out there that do it because its there passion and they could get paid doing it, but that doesn't mean its a majority. I Guarantee you that 80% of "Rappers" are doing it for the money. Thats what rap is all about nowadays.
i guess this is where we draw the line between artists and entertainers. 

making money is a big part of the professional music industry (key words here being "professional" and "industry", not "music"). i mean, these are people's jobs. this is how they put food on the table. if it's not music, it's something else to make money.

to say "rappers are in the game for money alone" means they are purely entertainers. these people wouldn't give a fuck about their image or message as long as it's popular and makes them money. let's say for some odd reason, it became cool to rap about having gay butt sex. record labels approach these rappers and say "hey chief keef, make a record about gay butt sex and we'll pay you a million dollars". he doesn't care where the money comes from as long as he gets it (money, not gay butt sex). 

that's a little cynical though. as fans of music, we like to believe in artists and artistic integrity. we want to believe that chief keef raps about gay butt sex because he purely loves gay butt sex and wants to share his love with the world. then all the other faggots who love gay butt sex too can bump chief keef as their anthem because it speaks to them personally. if those fans found out chief keef only made that record for the money, it cheapens that personal connection with the music/rapper. it's like that thing my girlfriend says "i don't want you to do something for me because i asked you to. i want you to do something for me because YOU want to". 

remember lupe fiasco and the whole lasers debacle? he delayed the album indefinitely because the record label kept forcing subject matter and artistic decisions on him. they told him to rap about certain topics and to use certain beats. if he purely was in it for the money, then he would have chugged along fine and done whatever they told him to (he gets paid the same anyways). however, he had artistic integrity. he wanted to use his platform to say specific things that were on his mind and deliver a product the way he sees is correct. that's also why artists want to get signed. because it gives them an opportunity to voice their own message and spread it out to as many people as they can (something they couldn't do without getting signed/hyped/not sitting in their basement). lupe went on to release the subpar label-driven album anyways, so maybe he's a bad example. but before the release of lasers, we believed in lupe.

and we still we want to believe that there are ARTISTS out there who want to bring something new the table and expand our minds with new messages and new ART instead of just plain entertainment. 
December 26, 2012 @ 10:33 PM
aamgstudios

definitely not 

http://www.aamgstudios.com

December 27, 2012 @ 12:29 AM
Aubrey.

Apocalypse tape>Madd City

May your neighbors respect you, trouble neglect you, angels protect you, and heaven accept you.

April 10, 2013 @ 03:02 PM
The Noise

didn't wanna' read all that bullshit . joey will never get to kendrick's level . he can spit , but kendrick drops knowledge . can't compare a young teenager to a scientist .

millions

April 10, 2013 @ 11:57 PM
2 Phone Shawty

you could say Joey could be a better lyricist but Kendrick makes better music overall.
dont get me wrong, Joey is dope the boom bap beats get boring after a while.

"Yo bitch probably think I'm cute"

April 11, 2013 @ 12:27 AM
Juki

I see this thread is back up.....Im gonna have stick with my original statmentcool

However, Blu>all

Doubleclutchhoops.com

April 11, 2013 @ 12:39 AM
jamesjebbia

joey isn't better but he's further along then kendrick at 18 so it'll be fun to see. but ab soul > kendrick tbh
April 11, 2013 @ 02:03 AM
inFAMXS

FUCK I think im the only nigga on earth that dont fuck with Kendrick Lamar lol I mean he can rap but damn people act like he the fucking greatest rapper that ever blessed the mic smh but I think Joey has ALOT more potential than Kendrick but Kendrick is on top as of now he appeals more to his fanbase so shit he working
August 8, 2013 @ 04:18 AM
Case Lorance

Joey is Dope, with that being said KDot is the heralded new greatest rapper, without a doubt, all that Joey is doing in the limelight Kendrick Lamar has done under a different moniker and it is for that reason that he is better. But Joey is by far the most original style because of his company, Cap Steez was probably my favorite MC earlier this year and I found out he was no longer with us in material form. Hip Hop is about content, I don't like seeing people mix up the two worlds of industry and art. It shows the lack of maturity which is fine but every young age has to develop and age. The money is just old players trying to live well off you youths. Fortunately technology is too fast for them, and soundcloud and other mediums are getting cats heard from across borders. 

Apocalypse is prob my favorite mixtape of all time. Capital Steez RIP man changed the way I listen to music, as did Kendrick, so much respect to both of them. I think that we would be having that conversation were he still here.
August 8, 2013 @ 04:27 AM
bokeh

Joey

10Char

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

August 8, 2013 @ 06:33 PM
Λlexamiles

this isn't the 80s boy. yes, i am saying rap is about money. Thats why niggas rap now. They're not trying to prove a damn point, they're trying to make a million. 

and people wonder what the fuck is wrong with rap. people like this who come in with this mindset which unfortunately sells in some cases. what about the music b. what about the music.

i make music n shit - https://soundcloud.com/alexamiles - @alexamilesMusic - milesalexamiles@gmail.com - blunts

August 8, 2013 @ 07:16 PM
Bresic

this isn't the 80s boy. yes, i am saying rap is about money. Thats why niggas rap now. They're not trying to prove a damn point, they're trying to make a million. 

and people wonder what the fuck is wrong with rap. people like this who come in with this mindset which unfortunately sells in some cases. what about the music b. what about the music.
I hate a huge portion of this generation of rappers and musicians. Barely any soul or creativity in anything they put out. Materialism or ranking doesnt make a good song. Sorry, not sorry. 
August 10, 2013 @ 02:34 AM
Tayo Omisore

HELL NO...joey may be as talented as kendrick but in terms of content, beat selection, and star power Mr. Lamar has got the young buck beat in spades

https://soundcloud.com/tayo-omisore/favorite-song-prod-benny-liang

Please login first to reply.