West side rap vs East side.
November 4, 2012 @ 12:40 AM
DarianaGrande

Lol you still talkin bout this album.

http://soundcloud.com/anonymousnigger

November 4, 2012 @ 12:46 AM
DStyles

GRODT.

There has been no other mainstream debut hip hop album that has topped GRODT.

College Dropout? That shit was doo doo. IMO, Kanye Kardashian's weakest album. Yes even weaker than 808s.

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

November 5, 2012 @ 05:53 AM
bobby

GRODT.
College Dropout? That shit was doo doo. IMO, Kanye Kardashian's weakest album. Yes even weaker than 808s.

we're all entitled to our opinions, but c'mon son... let's not be disrespectful.
November 5, 2012 @ 06:50 AM
THiZZ

That nigga D just has no filter LMAO... I don't know though GRODT seemed like a better album at it's time. Played the fuck outta that cd... not saying K Dot's isn't good, but just a different time...
November 5, 2012 @ 08:07 AM
Tombola

Easiet question - GRODT all day everyday
November 5, 2012 @ 08:12 AM
cableboi

SMH why so much hate on kendrick?
November 5, 2012 @ 08:18 AM

Inactive

Em's verses on Patiently Waiting and Don't Push Me cool
November 5, 2012 @ 08:22 AM
veryrareandbased

SMH why so much hate on kendrick?

cause he's mainstream now

#HANSUMBOYZ / "I mean I just wanted the pussy tbh."- Thad #FREETHAD

November 5, 2012 @ 08:31 AM
Tombola

Im not haiting on Kendrick, I like him but his album is not close to GRODT.
November 5, 2012 @ 04:11 PM
DStyles

"Hater" wow people still use this term?

November 5, 2012 @ 07:04 PM
NZOO

0_o lmao is this even a debate...

Don't badmind me.

November 5, 2012 @ 07:10 PM
YoungRizal

Another one of those stupid ass Orange vs Apple comparison.

FS - Supreme Nupste, WTAPS Parasmock ETC

November 5, 2012 @ 07:17 PM
drtmcgrt

GRODT.

we're all entitled to our opinions, but c'mon son... let's not be disrespectful.

obvious troll is obvious.. I'm not gonna say 50 is a better rapper than kendrick, let's be real. but at the same time looking back, GRODT is one of the biggest releases in hip-hop EVER. At the moment m.A.A.d city.. not so much. It's a good album but it hasn't acquired the status of a GRODT or COLLEGE DROPOUT or BLUEPRINT etc.

http://instagram.com/rasheedovich/

November 6, 2012 @ 12:57 AM
rabbitman

This is irrelevant, its like comparing Dre and childish gambino. You don't like the album, let it go. You're entitled to your opinion but there's no need to obsess over it and make multiple threads.

be careful what you pretend to be

November 6, 2012 @ 04:04 AM
lordwalrus

whats a kendrick lamont
November 6, 2012 @ 05:45 AM
goldANDsacks

whats a kendrick lamont
basketball player.
November 6, 2012 @ 09:10 AM
BuddyOmar

ATLiens vs. Pink Friday Roman Reloaded

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBuddyOmar?feature=mhee |||||||||||||| Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/buddy_omar

November 6, 2012 @ 09:36 AM
Wash Pahpin

ATLiens vs. Pink Friday Roman Reloaded

washpahpin.com

November 6, 2012 @ 05:11 PM
styxz

GRODT didn't age well AT ALL

It's a very one-dimensional album real talk. 50's best work to date, but not a better work than GKMC. Not even comparable for real.

Should've compared GKMC to College Dropout
November 6, 2012 @ 05:49 PM
Bandwagon

^damn, shut the fuck up
November 6, 2012 @ 05:50 PM
styxz

^ Stan.

Listen to the records homie.
November 6, 2012 @ 06:29 PM
backlikethat

It's a very one-dimensional album real talk. 50's best work to date, but not a better work than GKMC. Not even comparable for real.

GKMC lasted a week for me.

It's like watching a good film over and over again.... it got boring.

Beats are VERY one-dimensional.

Most hooks weren't even catchy or good.

The concept of the album was amazing. But when it comes down to straight music and which one could stand the test of time, GRODT > GKMC
November 6, 2012 @ 06:45 PM
dr0z

is this real life?
November 6, 2012 @ 09:57 PM
DStyles

^ Stan.

Listen to the records homie.

it's ass.

GRODT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>college dropout.

November 7, 2012 @ 04:39 PM
styxz

GKMC lasted a week for me.

It's like watching a good film over and over again.... it got boring.

Beats are VERY one-dimensional.

Most hooks weren't even catchy or good.

The concept of the album was amazing. But when it comes down to straight music and which one could stand the test of time, GRODT > GKMC

I can respect that.

I just don't think 50 is nicer on the mic and I enjoyed GKMC more. GRODT was good, no doubt.

I just think it's a littler over-rated.

DStyles. You obviously are really diggin GRODT. What makes it so great to you? Real talk. I haven't heard anyone say GRODT was better than College Dropout.

Real shit, I'm curious.
November 8, 2012 @ 07:05 PM
DStyles

It is not so much the music (not saying that the music sucks) but the build up to the album and atmosphere of when it dropped. Mind you that this was 2003, I was 13 by then. I remember that year during the summer me and my family would always go to Prospect Park for a fam BBQ and that summer alone errbody was bumping GRODT. If it wasn't In da Club then it was 21 Questions or If I Can't. The blackout of 2003, nikkas were in the street until morning and who was getting bumped heavily? My nikka Fif. This was in Brooklyn. I mean you never heard that many nikkas from Queens getting their music bumped in Brooklyn. Not even the L King Nas got that much plays in BK. 50 even forced Jay to retire. When GRODT dropped, not only did record stores ran out of copies (yes, people actually purchased music back then) but also the damn bootleggers. I had to go all the way to Canarsie to get me a bootleg copy. It wasn't until the next week when I finally purchased a copy from the record store. When CD dropped... I mean shit. Only nikkas that were bumping that were white boys in Hollister polos. I may not get many co-signs on this website and that is due to mainly most members being young and most being from the suburbs and Kanye Kardashian is the voice of that suburban kid who wakes up err morning and realizes that he's driving a hand me down BMW meanwhile his friends from his top academy school are pushing brand new Audis.

When The Massacre dropped, you were either riding with G-Unit and rocking your G-Unit logo T or your were a disloyal nikka riding the stripper pole with Game. But that's a whole 'nother different thread.

November 8, 2012 @ 07:31 PM
ichigo81

How are these two albums even in the same realm??? The same niggas saying hip hop is dead finally has an artist( besides others) that has come out with a consistent good album but still hatin on my man kl.... There is a old song about niggas out here by dmx " what these bitches want from a nigga"
November 8, 2012 @ 08:57 PM
goldANDsacks

When The Massacre dropped, you were either riding with G-Unit and rocking your G-Unit logo T or your were a disloyal nikka riding the stripper pole with Game. But that's a whole 'nother different thread.

Ah i remember when the Massacre dropped. i think it was spring break or something, but i was def in NYC for the release and listened to it exclusively the whole week i was there. when i came back to school, everything i did was the "ski mask way". in fact i remember needing some peanut butter for a sandwich and i went over to my neighbors dorm and just took it. when he said "hey you could at least ask to borrow it" i pushed him on the ground and yelled "ski mask way!" ..... ah, good times. i feel old.
November 13, 2012 @ 04:53 AM
bigphag69

GRODT.

There has been no other mainstream debut hip hop album that has topped GRODT.

stfu son i put alot of effort into dat album

Please login first to reply.