October 29, 2012 @ 06:09 AM
unagi1992

dude kendrick was at amoeba on telegraph in berkeley. such a fat line....but his artistic mindset is why he's blowin up. people need to listen more deeply to his music
October 29, 2012 @ 06:13 AM
fuxury

That Cool
October 29, 2012 @ 06:22 AM
0quze0

Yo Cam you need to stop worrying about how other people feel about the album, and just enjoy it.

I personally think this is the best album since My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. Not only does Kendrick Lamar paint a VIVID picture in each verse, but he doesn't compromise on vocabulary, wordplay, or artistic vision. This isn't riding music to any extent, minus Money Trees/Backseat Freestyle/M.A.A.D City and maybe a couple bonus tracks. This is for the people who enjoy a hip hop album that stays true to the original essence, and actually has a cohesive vision.

GKMC has better wordplay and metaphors/similes than Nas on Illmatic, but as of now it doesn't touch it, because it hasn't stood the test of time, and the sound on Illmatic is so nostalgic/warm while also remaining grimey.

..I'll wait

Your rebuttal little to late...
October 31, 2012 @ 08:30 AM
BuddyOmar

Yo Cam you need to stop worrying about how other people feel about the album, and just enjoy it.

I personally think this is the best album since My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. Not only does Kendrick Lamar paint a VIVID picture in each verse, but he doesn't compromise on vocabulary, wordplay, or artistic vision. This isn't riding music to any extent, minus Money Trees/Backseat Freestyle/M.A.A.D City and maybe a couple bonus tracks. This is for the people who enjoy a hip hop album that stays true to the original essence, and actually has a cohesive vision.

GKMC has better wordplay and metaphors/similes than Nas on Illmatic, but as of now it doesn't touch it, because it hasn't stood the test of time, and the sound on Illmatic is so nostalgic/warm while also remaining grimey.

..I'll wait

I still don't get the point of Illmatic comparisons. That album and this album are totally different. That is probably the most overanalyzed album ever. It's a bunch of tracks of a young nigga just going all out with crazy vivid bars. I just feel like the hip-hop media faggots are just shoving this album down people's throats to promote kendrick and as a result niggas are being hypnotized into swearing it's a goat album or something. This is just gonna be J. Cole v2.0 with everyone stanning some other boring ass nigga in a year or so.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBuddyOmar?feature=mhee |||||||||||||| Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/buddy_omar

October 31, 2012 @ 04:40 PM
camron

..I'll wait

I still don't get the point of Illmatic comparisons. That album and this album are totally different. That is probably the most overanalyzed album ever. It's a bunch of tracks of a young nigga just going all out with crazy vivid bars. I just feel like the hip-hop media faggots are just shoving this album down people's throats to promote kendrick and as a result niggas are being hypnotized into swearing it's a goat album or something. This is just gonna be J. Cole v2.0 with everyone stanning some other boring ass nigga in a year or so.

Negro please what you are not getting is that people like Kendrick don't come along very often......J.cole is not a Kendrick J.cole is for simp light skin niggas who wear there keys around their neck.
October 31, 2012 @ 09:45 PM
BuddyOmar

..I'll wait

Negro please what you are not getting is that people like Kendrick don't come along very often......J.cole is not a Kendrick J.cole is for simp light skin niggas who wear there keys around their neck.

Listen, people say the same bullshit about every young artist coming up. Give him a year or two and see if anyone still is slobbering his jank as much as they are now. If history tells us anything, it's that kendrick will be forgotten in favor of some new "totally different and unique" artist on the come up. People said the same exact shit about J. Cole coming up. People said the same thing about Jay Electronica when he was being hyped.

Say whatever you want about J. Cole, but people seriously thought that unibrow having walking, talking Tylenol PM was the next Tupac/Nas. The reality is there is such a serious lack of really interesting and entertaining artists that the hip hop community is desperate trying to exaggerate the legacy and worth of the few "good" artists there are left.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBuddyOmar?feature=mhee |||||||||||||| Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/buddy_omar

October 31, 2012 @ 09:49 PM
thrillmatic

..I'll wait

Listen, people say the same bullshit about every young artist coming up. Give him a year or two and see if anyone still is slobbering his jank as much as they are now. If history tells us anything, it's that kendrick will be forgotten in favor of some new "totally different and unique" artist on the come up. People said the same exact shit about J. Cole coming up. People said the same thing about Jay Electronica when he was being hyped.

Say whatever you want about J. Cole, but people seriously thought that unibrow having walking, talking Tylenol PM was the next Tupac/Nas. The reality is there is such a serious lack of really interesting and entertaining artists that the hip hop community is desperate trying to exaggerate the legacy and worth of the few "good" artists there are left.

QFT

"Rap in 2012 is basically just a mad dash for people of EVERY human subset to be represented by a rapper." - damnwitless1

October 31, 2012 @ 09:54 PM
GupNasty

I've been saying it since his OD mixtape, Kendrick will be (and now IS) the best mc in the game. Everything has gone according to plan so far...

and I personally never felt that way about J. Cole confused
October 31, 2012 @ 09:57 PM
Alan_Watts

WTF is your AVY
November 1, 2012 @ 12:12 AM
camron

..I'll wait

NIGGA NO ONE IS ON HIS KNOB.....KENRICK IS A NIGGA THAT REAL NIGGAS CAN VIBE TO MY NIGGA...U SAID DRIZZY WAS A GAWD......C'MON SON FOR REAL...BUT THAT MAKES SENSE AS TO WHY U DON'T FEEL A NIGGA LIKE KENDRICK......
November 1, 2012 @ 12:14 AM
camron

AND PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT ARTIST ON KENDRICK'S LEVEL HAS COME OUT IN THE PAST 5YRS??????????LUPE WAS THE LAST NIGGA......BUT LUPE FELL SHORT MY NIGGA
November 1, 2012 @ 12:16 AM
camron

i CAN TELL HALF YOU NIGGA'S HAVE BEEN DEPRIVED YOUR WHOLE LIFE MY NIGGA REAL LIVE.........
November 1, 2012 @ 02:00 AM
BuddyOmar

AND PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT ARTIST ON KENDRICK'S LEVEL HAS COME OUT IN THE PAST 5YRS??????????LUPE WAS THE LAST NIGGA......BUT LUPE FELL SHORT MY NIGGA

"Kendrick's Level"??? What is this arbitrary system of judgement you've conjured up? Listen, there's been very, very few debut albums lately. That's my whole point. The fact that there is jack shit in the game but mediocre mixtape rappers and boring niggas like Kendrick.

I can't even name anybody else but J. Cole that had as remotely as much buzz coming up. Big Sean? Maybe a Mac Miller or Wiz Khalifa as far as guys that totally exploded onto the see. The fact that I can't think of more than a handful is absolutely pathetic. Drake? Also, are you talking about some arbitrary "substance" bullshit or are we talking as far as pure popularity? The former and latter of which are impossible to gauge tbh. Regardless, that's just a bunch of average to mediocre niggas.

That's my fucking point, stan. Hip-hop has ZERO new artists worthy of dickriding to this extent. Hip-hop is garbage as far as new talent is concerned, the fact that Kendrick of all people is being hailed as some savior is embarrassing. By all means listen to your audio Ambien—smh I take that back, atleast with Ambien you can get high and hallucinate. Kendrick is more like being gradulally snuffed into unconsciousness with CSPAN playing in the background or some shit.

The fact you're getting furious tells me A. you're fucking Kendrick or B. you're just a teenager who definitely hasn't listened to a lot of hip hop. Now if B. is incorrect, don't get angry and flash me your hip-hop card, but all I gotta say is music of Kendrick's caliber has come and gone, so Kendrick isn't really anything that special in the grand scheme of hip hop.

November 1, 2012 @ 02:12 AM
rabbitman

Kendrick's new album def has been overhyped but its still a solid album. i enjoyed it, just it kind of annoys me how everyones all over his dick suddenly and are just jumping on the bandwagon without really knowing the artist. they've probably never even listened to any of his mixtapes, section.80, or even heard of black hippy. personally though, ive always been more of an ab-soul guy.

be careful what you pretend to be

November 1, 2012 @ 02:35 AM
camron

"Kendrick's Level"??? What is this arbitrary system of judgement you've conjured up? Listen, there's been very, very few debut albums lately. That's my whole point. The fact that there is jack shit in the game but mediocre mixtape rappers and boring niggas like Kendrick.

I can't even name anybody else but J. Cole that had as remotely as much buzz coming up. Big Sean? Maybe a Mac Miller or Wiz Khalifa as far as guys that totally exploded onto the see. The fact that I can't think of more than a handful is absolutely pathetic. Drake? Also, are you talking about some arbitrary "substance" bullshit or are we talking as far as pure popularity? The former and latter of which are impossible to gauge tbh. Regardless, that's just a bunch of average to mediocre niggas.

That's my fucking point, stan. Hip-hop has ZERO new artists worthy of dickriding to this extent. Hip-hop is garbage as far as new talent is concerned, the fact that Kendrick of all people is being hailed as some savior is embarrassing. By all means listen to your audio Ambien—smh I take that back, atleast with Ambien you can get high and hallucinate. Kendrick is more like being gradulally snuffed into unconsciousness with CSPAN playing in the background or some shit.

The fact you're getting furious tells me A. you're fucking Kendrick or B. you're just a teenager who definitely hasn't listened to a lot of hip hop. Now if B. is incorrect, don't get angry and flash me your hip-hop card, but all I gotta say is music of Kendrick's caliber has come and gone, so Kendrick isn't really anything that special in the grand scheme of hip hop.

Ok nigga chill with all the math words...ok...look nigga....have you heard kendrick's monster remix????? my nigga chill b....cause you looking real weak...First off my nigga I'm not a teen......second you heard of Kendrick like 2months ago and went off of swimming pools....Kendrick is the best rap artist out right now...Just like Cudi is the best artist out right now my nigga...chill with all them long ass paragraphs that no one is going to read...simple plan and put you don't like Kendrick but you like drake....that's cool B.....what ever floats your boat.......
November 1, 2012 @ 03:01 AM
BuddyOmar

Ok nigga chill with all the math words...ok...look nigga....have you heard kendrick's monster remix????? my nigga chill b....cause you looking real weak...First off my nigga I'm not a teen......second you heard of Kendrick like 2months ago and went off of swimming pools....Kendrick is the best rap artist out right now...Just like Cudi is the best artist out right now my nigga...chill with all them long ass paragraphs that no one is going to read...simple plan and put you don't like Kendrick but you like drake....that's cool B.....what ever floats your boat.......

Nope. I've been aware of the gremlin for a while, never listened to swimming pools, and whatever else you're saying is irrelevant and silly.

November 1, 2012 @ 03:05 AM
goldANDsacks

i get this and agree to some extent. the reason why kendrick lamar and GKMC is so hyped and highly regarded is because everything else is so mediocre right now. GKMC is a solid album, but compared to what everyone else is doing, it's a revelation. it's sooo much artsier than anything GOOD music or YMCMB would ever make.

its like.... movies! (i always use this analogy). everyone's making Transformers. lots of CGI, lots of action, and lots of eye candy. not much substance but its entertaining as fuck. GKMC is like... there will be blood or something. when i'm expecting to watch transformers and i watch there will be blood, yeah it puts me to sleep (i fell asleep twice watching that movie). but when i sit down, get mentally prepared, and pay attention, i realize this shit is really good. it makes me think about certain emotions and scenarios that i don't usually think about. chief keef would never be able to write something that made me reflect on some of the most hopeless moments in my life. i did that during GKMC. that was when i was like, damn this is good.

is this the best album of all time? no. is this a classic album? time will tell. is this a refreshing listen compared to everything else? definitely. and that deserves praise in it's own regard. it's hope that maybe the future holds some more creative and artistic music in hip hop and not just the same old rick ross wacka flocka shit. people want to believe in kendrick.
November 1, 2012 @ 03:18 AM
camron

The nigga said drake was a rap gawd though
November 1, 2012 @ 03:19 AM
camron

Buddy are you black???? just a question
November 1, 2012 @ 03:50 AM
BuddyOmar

The nigga said drake was a rap gawd though

I said it in jest. Way to compltely ignore the rest of the artists I named btw. I'm mixed. Half dominican, and a whole bunch of other shit.

November 1, 2012 @ 04:01 AM
goldmelrose

yeah, its real real good. lyrics and beats and concepts and flows. sometimes his voice change shit gets a little annoying but thats the only drawback to the album for me.
November 1, 2012 @ 04:02 AM
camron

so you are not black is what you are saying right????? my non-nigga.....and all those people on your list were great my nigga. drizzy was on there though so i was like uh yeah....
November 1, 2012 @ 04:03 AM
camron

yeah, its real real good. lyrics and beats and concepts and flows. sometimes his voice change shit gets a little annoying but thats the only drawback to the album for me.

shut up
November 1, 2012 @ 04:06 AM
goldmelrose

shut up

naw
November 1, 2012 @ 04:17 AM
camron

November 1, 2012 @ 04:22 AM
goldANDsacks

also in an alternate universe, "bitch don't kill my vibe" is just another generic wiz khalifa song. love the old school outkast-type hook.
November 1, 2012 @ 06:22 AM
BuddyOmar

so you are not black is what you are saying right????? my non-nigga.....and all those people on your list were great my nigga. drizzy was on there though so i was like uh yeah....

Well, that dominican blood probably has a lot of mestizo or african in it so who knows, but I have a beautiful olive complexion. #Dominicanswithalotofspaniardbloodgang

I'd be lying if I didn't like a lot of Drake's music though. Is he a cornball facading as a hood nigga? Sure, but he has a lot of great songs.

November 1, 2012 @ 08:19 AM
camron

Well, that dominican blood probably has a lot of mestizo or african in it so who knows, but I have a beautiful olive complexion. #Dominicanswithalotofspaniardbloodgang

I'd be lying if I didn't like a lot of Drake's music though. Is he a cornball facading as a hood nigga? Sure, but he has a lot of great songs.

This
November 1, 2012 @ 07:48 PM
bobby

this shit is going to get played out soon, the way it's been on repeat... it just sounds too nice to my ears

Please login first to reply.