FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
October 26, 2012 @ 12:15 PM
cdvbxi

gonna be honest, i'm not feelin this as much as i was section 80. the production is so much better on section80 imo. maybe it's just me but i'm really tired of hearing these 2 step beats that all the big producers are doing. the lyrics are on point but some of these beats are just so derivative. that's expected from a major label joint tho. i think everybodys quick to call this a classic because few rappers put out lp's meant to be heard from front to back anymore.

anyone else think the first half of m.a.d.d. city sounds like mercy?

like a 27 inch zenith, believe it

October 26, 2012 @ 01:37 PM
ouija

To each his own man...I would never argue it's a better album although production wise I could, but Blue Chips is still my favorite album of the year. Might not provide as might insight into someone's life, but it's just way more entertaining to listen to.
October 26, 2012 @ 04:25 PM
camron

gonna be honest, i'm not feelin this as much as i was section 80. the production is so much better on section80 imo. maybe it's just me but i'm really tired of hearing these 2 step beats that all the big producers are doing. the lyrics are on point but some of these beats are just so derivative. that's expected from a major label joint tho. i think everybodys quick to call this a classic because few rappers put out lp's meant to be heard from front to back anymore.

anyone else think the first half of m.a.d.d. city sounds like mercy?

October 26, 2012 @ 05:14 PM
devonte

I agree wit ya cam, but not everyone gonna love this. Just cause millions prefer a Taylor Swift album doesn't mean we can't vibe.
October 26, 2012 @ 05:26 PM
thesolecollector23

this is a very good above average hip-hop album but nowhere near a illmatic classic level album!I don't know what it is about this album but it doesn't impact me like sec. 80, on sec. 80 i felt like i could relate to kendrick.

Mista No Slack N My Mack

October 26, 2012 @ 05:31 PM
W33ZY

all the basic bitches on tumblr and shit bumpin poetic justice even know they don't realize that song is based off them. Throw in Drake and that will get them wet and a overly confident attitude. I don't know about you guys but this shit is deep ex. "Sing about me/I'm dying of thirst." I will never forget about section 80, they are both classics and really solid albums.
October 26, 2012 @ 05:42 PM
clo562

I'm actually hearing more people praise the album and say it's good instead of the other way around.
October 26, 2012 @ 07:22 PM
ouija

I'm actually hearing more people praise the album and say it's good instead of the other way around.

OP wants it to be everyone's favorite album ever.
October 26, 2012 @ 07:27 PM
backlikethat

Ppl saying this album is like a film nikka idgaf I just want music if I wanted a film
I would have bought a DVD. Btw, this "film" makes no sense.

Just random skits that have no meaning.
October 26, 2012 @ 07:42 PM
secret genius

naw, listen to it a couple more times the skits def have meaning and without em i don't think the order of some songs would make sense. ex: Money Trees -> Poetic Justice if you took out that skit i just cant see the flow of the album being as good

do u view me? do u see my maneuvers?

October 26, 2012 @ 07:50 PM
Bandwagon

^exactly
October 27, 2012 @ 04:09 AM
bridger

Ppl saying this album is like a film nikka idgaf I just want music if I wanted a film

that simp life. listen to the album from start to end and then tell me their isn't an obvious story.
October 27, 2012 @ 05:01 AM
W33ZY

dat ignorant wisdom
October 27, 2012 @ 04:01 PM
goldANDsacks

this is a really great album and much artsier and different than anything else out these days (whens the last time you've seen a 12 minute songconfused. some of the songs may be so-so individually, but when in context with everything else, it works well. what makes this album better than section.80 to me is how clever it is as a studio album. kendrick gives us the standard fare we'd expect from any major rap release these days (a hit-boy track, a drake feature) and cleverly molds it to fit with the overall theme/story he's going for.
October 27, 2012 @ 04:24 PM
paulywalnuts

give it some time...it has not been out that long...im sure nobody that is ragging on it has given it more than 5 full listens front to back
the best albums take some time to sink in, they are generally complex and dense, and oftentimes not catchy right away...what im saying is, give it some time to sink in and expand in your head before you go spouting off and declaring that it's bad OR good
in my experience it takes at least 2 weeks to be able to form a valid opinion about an album, sometimes up to a month before it really clicks or with some albums as long as 3.

i master bait from time to time///wtb supreme/rust-oleum

October 27, 2012 @ 06:52 PM
camron

People who say.........Backseat freestyle and poetic jus
LOL, this is not a bad album but this has gotta be yet another slightly above average hip hop album that everybody is dickriding to the maximum.

Stop comparing shit to Illmatic btw. It's the most cliched, nonsensical barometer to grade things by. If you like it, great, but this was not some groundbreaking shit that everyone is swearing by.

I give this shit a month or two until the next hyped project gets dickridden into oblivion by cacs and twitter niggas.

Naw nigga I have to disagree....the tone of the album is immaculate....above average hiphop album????? I also have to disagree...Please tell me the last time you heard an album of this caliber.

The "tone"? The fuck does that even mean in this context? Who cares? The album is flat out boring and isn't interesting to me. I just don't "feel" Kendrick on a personal level. He's talented but I just don't like his music, and I am baffled as to why people are going as far to compare this album to Illmatic.

How the fuck do you even make the connection? Comparing this to Illmatic is like comparing beets to tangerines.

This is a run of the mill album. It isn't bad, it isn't great, it's good. This has to be the most hyped project I've heard about since J. Cole's debut where—surprise—people compared it to Illmatic. You must be a real "hippity hop head".

Naw B chill.....you don't have the slightest clue of what you are talking about......Maybe you should listen to it again B cause there is nothing flat about this album B.
October 27, 2012 @ 06:53 PM
camron

You must be a real "hippity hop head"

Naw nigga I'm a fan of good music.
October 27, 2012 @ 07:01 PM
camron

LOL, this is not a bad album but this has gotta be yet another slightly above average hip hop album that everybody is dickriding to the maximum.

Stop comparing shit to Illmatic btw. It's the most cliched, nonsensical barometer to grade things by. If you like it, great, but this was not some groundbreaking shit that everyone is swearing by.

I give this shit a month or two until the next hyped project gets dickridden into oblivion by cacs and twitter niggas.

Naw nigga I have to disagree....the tone of the album is immaculate....above average hiphop album????? I also have to disagree...Please tell me the last time you heard an album of this caliber.

The "tone"? The fuck does that even mean in this context? Who cares? The album is flat out boring and isn't interesting to me. I just don't "feel" Kendrick on a personal level. He's talented but I just don't like his music, and I am baffled as to why people are going as far to compare this album to Illmatic.

How the fuck do you even make the connection? Comparing this to Illmatic is like comparing beets to tangerines.

This is a run of the mill album. It isn't bad, it isn't great, it's good. This has to be the most hyped project I've heard about since J. Cole's debut where—surprise—people compared it to Illmatic. You must be a real "hippity hop head".

I'm curious to know what artist do you connect with then????
October 27, 2012 @ 07:10 PM
backlikethat

@jay-shmay @bandwagon @bridger @w33zy

look dawgs, im here to LISTEN TO MUSIC in ma whip while drivin to school.

im not here to listen to some boring skits. joint is borin and retarded.
October 27, 2012 @ 07:25 PM
bridger

and you have no appreciation for actual music.
October 27, 2012 @ 07:28 PM
camron

and you have no appreciation for actual music.

I guess you wanna here booty shake dat ass spend that cash pull that gat blam blam nigga....I guess you just wanna be seen when you driving around fuck out ofhere
October 27, 2012 @ 07:35 PM
backlikethat

@bridger skits=/= music
October 28, 2012 @ 12:02 AM
BlackBananas

Life of a don is Shyne

Anyone got that Youngest Head Nigga in Charge?
October 28, 2012 @ 12:44 AM
bridger

@bridger skits=/= music

I hear a skit for about 20 seconds max in each song so if a storyline and actual meaning= skits then yeah it's full of skits. Album of the year no question.
October 28, 2012 @ 01:26 AM
JACOB LACIDAR KOLA

listened to the entire last night i dont like it at all. nothing unique about it.

:)

October 28, 2012 @ 02:42 AM
backlikethat

Ok, so i finally listened to the album paying attention to the lyrics (more attention) and the skits.

Before, the album was still great in terms of lyrics, flow and production.

Now listening to the skits, it's amazing. but its not the skits that make the album amazing.

its the story in the songs.

Sing about me, im dying of thirst is hands down the best song. The first verse as Dave's brother and him getting killed while telling Kendrick to not forget about this story then the 2nd verse of the Girl's sister kendrick mentions in section.80. It's amazing how she says that she'll never be forgotten "i'll never fade away" then slowly her voice starts fading away. Then kendrick replies to both of them. AMAZING.
October 28, 2012 @ 02:53 AM
BuddyOmar

I'm curious to know what artist do you connect with then????

When I was in high school and actually spent tons and tons of time diggin for music, ah man, tons of niggas. Here are some of my favorite artists during my high school hip hop quest:

J Dilla's discography (The Shining is one of my favorite hip hop albums)
AZ
Jadakiss
The Diplomats in their prime
Wu Tang (mostly Ghostface, U-God, Masta Killa, GZA and the rebel INS) but aside from a few tracks, i like their solo work better than their group shit
Styles P
MF DOOM
Cam'ron
Vado
I was big into Biggie and Tupac but not as much now
Nas sort of, not really a huge fan, but i like a lot of his shit
Clipse/Re-Up Gang
Rick Ross
Group Home
Gangstarr
Guru's solo stuff
Blackalicious for a little while
Kanye
Jay
Drizzy the gawd
Kid Cudi
some of the gold Slum Village shit
Canibus the gawd
Vinnie Paz the gawd

Lately though I've been really feeling Freddie Gibbs never listend to him up until a week ago and he's quickly become my favorite rapper at the moment.

Outside of the hip hop realm I dabbled in some white boy shit like Depeche Mode (big fan of their stuff), Audioslave (Chris Cornell the gawd) and Tool

Also i'm a big Mavado and huge Buju fan and i like a lot of dancehall/reggae shit. I listen to some soul like the Temptations, the Manhattans, got some Thelonious Monk on my shit. I listen to a lot of stuff man.

I listen to a ton of music but I just don't feel anything when it comes to Kendrick. I like Schoolboy and Ab Soul though, not sure why everyone dickrides the Gremlin though.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBuddyOmar?feature=mhee |||||||||||||| Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/buddy_omar

October 28, 2012 @ 04:54 AM
murklur

There were a couple tracks that I didn't care for on Section 80. I can't say the same about GKMC. I'll let this shit ride out
October 29, 2012 @ 03:59 AM
goldANDsacks

in an alternate universe, poetic justice is some lame wale song featuring drake. glad kendrick got it.
October 29, 2012 @ 04:18 AM
camron

in an alternate universe, poetic justice is some lame wale song featuring drake. glad kendrick got it.

No bullshit....and wale would swear it's so deep....and how he reached out to Janet Jackson to be in the video but she was busy.....but she claimed to be a big fan of his music and so was Micheal...........that nigga wale is ass son.....

Please login first to reply.